READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without something to read. The Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ - Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from millions of Kindle books (including books with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a sample in the app before you buy on Amazon.com
- Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
- Thousands of books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or follow links to Google and Wikipedia to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
Frustrating. I knew that the inability to purchase through the app was coming but still it's very inconvenient. A 'see in browser' option on the Amazon app would be a great idea. It could take you exactly where you need to go. Secondly, and maybe easier to fix, is that the pages are jumping around every time I come back to my book. I thought it was only this book but I've read others having the same issue. It's constantly go backwards! I'm constantly flipping through pages to get back to my page
327 people found this review helpful
June 30, 2022
Agree with all the reviewers who say that the app keeps jumping backwards in pages. If I get an alert from another app, go to check it and come back, put my phone down for a sec, or do pretty much anything, sometimes I'm 100 pages back, sometimes it's 80 pages, it's not even consistent in how it's screwing up. Then when I try to sync to my most recent page, that's never correct either. Sometimes it's BEHIND where I am when I do the sync! And bookmarks don't work either!
42 people found this review helpful
Melissa Rose Canaday
June 27, 2022
Since this latest update, every time I open the app it opens a different page. If I negotiate away from the app for a moment to check something, when I go back to my book it has flipped to a different page and will not let me open the page I was actually reading. It's incredibly frustrating. Additionally, the inability to purchase books through the app is rather ridiculous. If they could just allow us to at least click a link and open Amazon in a browser that would be somewhat useful.