READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without something to read. The Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ - Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from millions of Kindle books (including books with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a sample in the app before you buy on Amazon.com
- Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
- Thousands of books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or follow links to Google and Wikipedia to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy).
May 24, 2023
Books & Reference
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Location, Personal info and 3 others
This app may collect these data types
Location, Personal info and 7 others
Data is encrypted in transit
You can request that data be deleted
Ratings and reviews
June 1, 2023
I've had this app for years and years with no problems. Then suddenly it will not let me read certain books anymore. When I open them they immediately shut down and either bring me back to the home screen or kick me out of the app completely. I'm paying for Kindle Unlimited and it's very annoying to not be able to read whatever books I want.
47 people found this review helpful
April 4, 2023
The kindle app has been great for me for the last several months. Now I go to read any of my books and have to fight with the app and it's constant crashes. Can't even go 60 seconds without being redirected to the home page or exiting the app entirely. I've done all the troubleshooting and now grow irritated. Trying to read is next to impossible at this point, and the help center is no aid. Please consider fixing this bug!
244 people found this review helpful
Show review history
April 3, 2023
Updated my review to 1 star as this is just annoying. I love my Kindle app. Used for years and struggled through other issues (crashes, library disappearing, restarts) but I am just so frustrated with the continuous scroll bar being on the right. If I turn the page it is on the bottom. Being right handed I hold my phone in my hand and scroll with my thumb. Can't tell you how many times it thinks I want to jump pages.