The Kindle app puts over 1.5 million books at your fingertips. It’s the app for every reader, whether you’re a book reader, magazine reader, comics reader or newspaper reader—and you don’t need to own a Kindle to use the app. Choose from over a million Kindle books or enjoy popular magazines and newspapers, such as The Economist, The Spectator, The Guardian and The Daily Mail, with high-resolution colour images.*
• Read Books — Choose from more than one million e-books including bestsellers such as Pride & Prejudice or Treasure Island and new releases and over 200,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by bestselling authors such as Phil Rickman.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia — The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your e-books. Simply press and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your E-Books — The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and syncs automatically, so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy — You can read the first chapter of a book before you decide to buy on Amazon.co.uk
• Customize Your Reading — Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) for reading your books.
* Selection of e-books and e-periodicals varies by country.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.co.uk/conditionsofuse). Please see our Privacy Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/privacynotice), our Cookies Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/cookies) and our Interest-Based Ads Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/interestbasedads).