This initial version of Go Read allows readers to:
- Read on-the-go with a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 2.2 Froyo or above)
- Access and download books directly from Bookshare – the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- Read with voiced navigation and text-to-speech
- Read books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats
Go Read is optimized for visually impaired readers, and usable by anyone. To get Bookshare content, readers must have a qualifying print disability and have an active membership. Go Read supports both individual and organizational Bookshare memberships, such as schools. To learn more about Bookshare, visit www.bookshare.org.
Go Read is developed by Benetech, a nonprofit technology developer and is based on the open source FBReader (www.fbreader.org).
Developers are invited to contribute to the future development of Go Read and can get more information at www.goread.org.
To share your ideas, or give your feedback visit http://bookshare.uservoice.com/forums/137554-go-read
Are you a student with a disability? Are you attending Lethbridge College? If you answered yes to those questions, then this is the app for you!
The app allows Accessibility Services to communicate with you throughout your time at LC.
- book appointments for your exam accommodations
- contact department by phone or email
- see important college dates that affect you
- access your Angel account
- record your classes or any voice notes
- scan to pdf
- receive push notifications from Accessibility Services
- watch department videos
- notes and reminders
In short the Accessibility Services app can help you succeed!