Imagine you're on a sail boat, cruising out to sea in the deep blue water, the sun setting gracefully on the horizon. If this is your idea of happiness you'll love the wallpapers featured in this app! These backgrounds include anchors, ships and sailboats, sailor's knots and other nautical themed imagery and patterns. Whether you're a seasoned sailor, a hobby boating enthusiast, or simply a imaginative ocean dreamer, these wallpapers will spark your nautical passions even on land - after all, sailing isn't just an activity, it's an adventure and a lifestyle!
You can even share these wallpapers with your seafaring friends! Anchors away, captain!
Rule A. Approach on different tacks - Port tack shall give way
Rule B. Approach on the same tack - Windward shall give way
NB In regatta competitions (i.e. fleet- and match racing) these correspond to ISAF rules 10 and 11
Free Beta program ends on April 30, 2015!
Please send us your usage feedback, ideas for new features and especially found bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org!
YOUR LOCATION->FINE (GPS) LOCATION
This is one of the basic features of the app.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION->FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Needed for downloading Google Maps.
STORAGE->MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Needed for writing the .GPX files onto the SD card.
SYSTEM TOOLS->PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
When you turn off your phone's screen, the app does not stop recording your track. All your trackpoints will be memorized as expected.
YOUR ACCOUNTS->DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
The app request access to the user's email. This is a free BETA feature, the free BETA version will be active only until May 1st 2013. On the Welcome screen you are informed that the only way to proceed to using the app is if you agree to share your email information with us, otherwise you may cancel and the information will not be collected. The permission is there so the user doesn't have to type the email, he/she just taps the "Continue" button. We need your email because while the app is in the free BETA state, the feedback from users and getting to know your needs is crucial.
DEFAULT->MODIFY BATTERY STATISTICS
This is a permission you must request if your app needs to read battery statistics. One of the features of the app is to always show the exact percentage of the battery remaining and the estimated battery lifetime left.
THIS IS NOT A GAME.
Application is used as an additional tool next to standard yacht equipment to take tactical decisions faster.
Sail Racer app suggest the favored end of the start line, monitors your position, time and guides the maneuvers that the start line was hit at the last moment with the best possible speed.
With the app it is easy to navigate in racing area. Interface is designed in a way that course efficiency, the lay lines and shifts could be captured in a splash of a second. Skipper does not need to analyze the numbers and can concentrate on handling the boat, maximizing performance and playing tactical games with competitors.
Every wind gust and lull affect the boat heading and is visualized in a “easy to read” shift bar on the top of compass rose. Course Deviation Indication – bar on the bottom of the compass rose displays long run course deviation between two marks.
Sail Racer is designed and developed by sailors. It has everything to sail on the edge.
- Course over ground
- Speed over ground
- Turn instruction
- Mark, Layline distance and ETA
- Wind average calculation
- Count down time
- Time to burn, Coundown and Starting box distances
- NMEA 0183 data connection
- Polar download, record, upload
- Current indication
More information www.sailracer.net
App does NOT contain any ADS.
Sailrace.net app is free for learning (Optimist kids, Lasers and other centerboards) and for evaluation purposes. We kindly ask all keel boat racers to purchase Premium license for 10 euros / year.
Have a good start and even better finish.
Help at http://nautkaapps.wordpress.com
The Fast Track has three main sections. The Dashboard, the Map View, and the Leg Comparison Tool.
Before sailing The Fast Track app, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the app in the simulation mode, where you will be provided with the necessary buttons to simulate your boat's speed and bearing.
You can easily define navigation waypoints, or import them from a GPX file.
The Fast Track app works as a time to line tool, synchronized with the regatta
chronometer, keeping you informed with estimated time to the start line. So you can make a perfect start!
When choosing a destination, The Fast track app will automatically
determine the theoretical wind of direction as upwind or downwind from your current position. Each time the boat passes through the direction of wind, The Fast Track app will assume the boat's tacking or gybing. And creates a new leg.
You can also specify the wind direction, so this angle will be used to decide when a tack or gybe has occurred. While the deviance keeps referred as the difference between the current boat bearing and the initial bearing to Waypoint.
The Text to Speech functionality can be activated from the preference menu, this enables The Fast track app speak specific navigation information updates, without the need to look at the screen.
Analyze your sailing through useful line charts as Speed, VMG & Deviance evolution.
Get full statistics from your sailing track as the Total Distance, Maximum & Average Speed, etc.
Save your navigation to GPX format and analyze it later in your PC, with your favorite GPS software as Google Earth, Garmin Basecamp, etc.
GPX file is saved in the folder /sdcard/TheFastTrack/AAAAMMDD_HHMM.gpx
AAAAMMDD is the date
HHMM is the time
- Offline Maps. Now you can cache (store) cartography before sailing and have it available in the middle of the sea without data connection. Based on Open Street Maps (osmdroid project) and the overlays from Open Sea Maps
- Waypoints Name & Location modification
- Proximity alerts to Waypoint
- Route Statistics (Length, Num. Waypoints, etc.)
- Enable/Disable Legs auto - generation
We recommend you to use a bluetooth external GPS antenna to enhance the accuracy of the application and get the better results.
Your comments & reviews are welcome, they help enhance the product visibility and future improvements. Thus, if you like The Fast Track, please rate it in Google Play. If you don't like it please provide some description or email us directly, so we can take it into account to fix it for future releases. If a new release solves some of your previous issues we will really appreciate if you test it again and re-evaluate it.
Special Thanks to:
Bálint László, for his contributions, ideas & hungarian language translations
Teresa Albelda & Yolanda Barranco for the French translation
for their continuous contributions & ideas to this product
Anders Ericsson for his great tutorial about Android Line Charts:
App for sailors, yachts and boats, containing
a set of nautical applications:
- Magnetic Compass
- Speedometer in knots, mph or km/h, Course over Ground
- Mark or edit waypoint
- Distance measurement in nautical miles and meters. Also useful for anchoring.
- Course to Waypoint
All in large, high contrast characters
Learn practical tips such as basic sailing terms, choosing your first boat, reading weather and water conditions, sailing safety, sail control, anchoring, navigation, and more. You’ll never capsize with the Adventure Sports Sailing app!
- Essential Safety Tips
- Beginner Basics
- How to read Weather and Water Conditions
- Navigation techniques
- Gear/Equipment Advice
- Pro Tips & Tricks
- … and more!
- Easy to use UI and navigation
- Browse and search functions
- Highlight functions
- Save your favorite passages and bookmark sections
- Share with friends and family via social media and email
- Adjustable brightness and text size – read it whenever/wherever
- All offline content – no internet connection needed!
Get ready for the adventure of sailing today!
Record your sailing trips, while you are sailing.
You can also add photos and comments to your track while sailing.
The app uploads your trip data to your free account at www.keepsailing.net, for you to re-experience the sailing trip whenever you wish.
You can also share the sailing trip with friends and family, even live while you are sailing.
Requires a free account at http://www.keepsailing.net.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend using a charger while tracking during long trips.
Compatible for sail and motor boats alike, Sailing Log, by Boatbook, is an electronic logbook which will automatically recognize your voyage upon start and save your sailing trips for you.
Sailing Log enables you to get real time data and review your sail performance - before, after and during the sail.
Sail swiftly with the best nautical charts, review the sea and ocean conditions, get data on your heading, speed and wind - all in one stand alone and independent professional sailing logbook app.
Our user friendly design is super intuitive and the app's interface enables a highly professional and fun experience throughout your sail.
✓ Automatic recording of your sail on your maritime logbook
✓ Live sea maps and nautical charts. Constantly updated by the best in GPS and ocean mapping technologies.
✓ Real time sailing data at any point of your sailing trip.
✓ Captains and skippers alike can get navigation information on updated nautical charts.
✓ Review your heading, speed and distance throughout the sail – the perfect skipper app.
✓ Mark the waypoints of your sailing trips on professional nautical chart. Tag them by type of event.
✓ Log back to any leg of your voyage to look up your stats at past points.
✓ Sailing Log automatically saves your sailing route so you can log back to historic routes and review the sail at any time.
✓ Compatible digital logbook for yachts, motor boats and sail boats.
✓ Innovative logbook software – get online and desktop records of your sailing trips by registering for free as a user.
✓ Electronic logbook support – log into Boatbook’s website at any time to see all your app’s sailing log data online.
✓ Maritime pro logbook for sailing, yachting and boating professionals at any stage of their career – fully functional marine log book.
✓ Marine navigation & GPS software daily updated with the most accurate nautical charts.
✓ Manage all your ship log book information, routes and trips in one easy to find app.
Sailing Log allows you to benefit from both professional boating standards and brilliant electronic logbook software. Take your sail to the next level with Boatbook’s technology.
Whether you are a boat captain, a starting out skipper, or a voyager on a sailing trip our captain & skipper app provides complete sea navigation solutions for your crew, your voyagers and your boat.
Contact Boatbook’s team at any time to inquire about new features, new releases, general help and comments about Sailing Log – the ultimate marine log book and maritime GPS.
*** THIS IS THE PREVIEW VERSION WHICH ONLY COVERS THE BASIC RULES AND THE START ***
The app shows how the official ISAF racing rules of sailing are put into practice and apply during a regatta. It is made for anyone who doesn't find the time or motivation to study the text-based version.
If you are looking for an easy way to learn the ISAF racing rules or simply want to re-fresh your knowledge, this app is for you.
Regardless of your sailing experience you will get a better understanding of how the racing rules of sailing interact on the course and how you can use them to your advantage. All important rule changes of the 2013 - 2016 edition are included, as well.
The racing situations are categorized into into Basic Rules, Start, Upwind Leg, Windward Mark, Downwind Leg, Downwind Mark and Finish, which makes them easy to find and access. Swipe gestures are used to navigate between illustrations of the same category.
• Over 80 up-to-date racing situations
• Understandable explanations
• Rule number references
• Simple navigation
• Always available on your phone
With this app, you can watch In-Port Races and Leg Starts live, track the boats, check out the sailors’ profiles and explore the route, the ports and all the stories behind this extraordinary adventure.
The 12th edition of the Volvo Ocean Race will start from Alicante, Spain on October 4, 2014 and finishes in Gothenburg, Sweden with a final in-port race on June 27, 2015. The seven teams will visit 11 ports and cover 38,739 nautical miles from Cape Town to Abu Dhabi, Sanya, Auckland, Itajaí, Newport, Lisbon, Lorient, The Hague and finally, Sweden.
Keep up to date with a race that exceeds all others. Follow the 66 sailors as they compete day and night for more than 20 days at a time, living on freeze-dried food and facing the toughest weather conditions on the planet. This is Life at the Extreme.
* Input your course using the waypoints Navigatta already knows about, or add your own waypoints easily.
* Tell Navigatta which way round the mark to go, so you can tell the crew at a glance.
* View your Distance and Bearing to the Mark, Course over ground, Velocity Made Good and Estimated Time to Mark on a high contrast screen.
* Navigatta automatically increments to the next leg when you approach the current mark.
* View your course on the map by swiping to the map view in the Race Navigator screen.
We are building up a database of racing waypoints. If you find some that we are missing, please contact us: email@example.com
Luminous Development are a software company focused on user experience. Here are some nice little touches we think you'll appreciate.
When editing a race:
* Accidentally added the startline as a race mark? Just move the mark and drag it to the start line section.
* Not sure which is the port end and which is the starboard end of the line? Just add the waypoints and Navigatta will figure it out for you based on where the next mark is.
When viewing a race:
* Change the Race Navigator between Race List, Mark Information and Map View by swiping the black bar at the bottom.
* Tap a mark in the Map View to see its name and rounding details.
* You won't accidentally exit the Race Navigator when the app is in your pocket. The Race Navigator requires you to press and hold buttons (long press). Of course, you can change that behaviour in the settings screen.
* No need to unlock your device in Race Mode. The Race Navigator sits over the top of your lock screen.
* Alternatively, keep the screen on all the time if the device is mounted in the cockpit. Have a look in settings for these options.
* Navigatta monitors your race even when the screen is off. As you approach the mark, it will automatically increment to the next mark for you. If you don't pass close enough, you can set the current leg (see next).
* Long press a mark in the Race Mark List to set that as the current leg.
Navigatta uses the following permissions:
- To download existing waypoints from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- To download the maps data and image tiles.
- To report your race progress to Navigatta.com
- For accurate race navigation
- For creating waypoints based on your current location
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database if Cellular location is unavailable.
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- Used for managing the Navigatta processes.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine how conservative to be when accessing the maps servers.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine if the network is available.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to cache map tiles.
- Used to inform the user that a dragged item was dropped in the wrong place.
This app is inspired by the RaceMaster TacTic compass and gives you similar information.
The course over ground and speed is determined by GPS this way taking fx current into consideration.
You can see if you are sailing the best VMG when tacking and when you sail downwind fx in light conditions you also optimize the VMG for getting down to the gate/bottom mark first :)
The display changes color telling you which tack you are on. So green means you are on a starboard tack.
This is only when you are using the app in VMG mode where you have set the course towards the top mark.
Use the app to help you giving you some more information while sailing. Remember that finding the stronger wind and doing the right decisions is more important than looking at instruments.
• Adjust timer minutes by swiping up/down on the Race Timer Display
• You can now choose to use sound beeps instead of the talking timer
• Can now show speed and track if desired by setting angle to "OFF"
• Display can be locked/unlocked by doing a long click on the VMG display
• Upsampling can be enabled to make the display more responsive
Happy racing - and remember to have fun doing so ..../)
Tide Clock is easy to set - as of version 1.2.0 set the tide with your finger.
Version 1.3.6 adds the soft menu button.
Version 1.37 corrects Lollipop canvas bug.
This app is without ads.
You can now set the tide with a touch of your finger. Just enable Easy Tide Setting Mode in Settings, and then simply move the tide hand to the location of the tide.
Depending on your location, Tide Clock can run accurately for a good long time without needing adjustment. Tide Clock is not for navigation purposes, but can be used to keep track of the tide for water and beach related activities. It is your responsibility to set and check your tide setting.
Tide Clock includes setting options, color themes, and a place for the name of your boat, beach, or club. It does not use excessive battery, and does not require GPS or data downloads. It has been tested to work on tablets and phones alike. If you would like a branded version of Tide Clock for your company, boat or crew - with theme or logo, please feel free to email me.
Thank you for supporting Tide Clock.
Latest Collection Of Casual Man Photo Suits For Man....
This Application Is Totally Free!!!!!!
We Provide Lots Of Casual Man Photo Suits For You, In This Application You Can Create Your Photo In Casual Man Photo Suits Style In Two Minute.
Open Application Select Casual Man Photo Suits Template As U Like And Browse Your Photo From Gallery And Customize Your Look In American Suit Style.
So Customize And Edit Your Photo And Make Your Look Better,We Also Provide Many stuning Photo Filters And Photo Effects Whick Make Your Photo More Beautiful And More Realastic.
YOU CAN DO:
- Select Photo From Gallery.
- 20+ Lattest Casual Man Photo Suits HD quality Templates.
- Scale, Zoom and Move Your Gallery Picture For A Perfect Fit Within The Template.
- Apply Photo Filters And Photo Effect like boost, brightness, color, contrast, emboss, engrave, flea, gaussian, gamma, gryscale, sharpen, sepia, hue, invert, saturation and many others..
- Save Your Creation In Memory Card.
- Share Your Creation via WhatsApp, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter And Other Social networks.
- No Internet Connection Needed