For just $2 more, you can also get Ultimate Checklist that includes 52+ occasions and 12,000+ items including this list and lot more. Just search for it in the market.
The app does NOT request for any permission. It does NOT need internet connection and there are absolutely NO ads. Your privacy is guaranteed. Comes with FREE lifetime updates.
- Add new items
- Add new categories
- Thumb friendly check/uncheck option
- Hide checked items
- Unhide checked items
- Option to check all
- Option to uncheck all, so you can reuse the list again.
- Rearrange items
- Edit existing items (long press on any item for option to edit)
- Edit existing categories (long press on any category for option to edit)
- Delete existing items (long press on any item for option to delete)
- Delete existing categories (long press on any category for option to delete)
- Indicates the total number of items and the number of items that need to be completed.
- Color coded (green, yellow and red) for a visually appealing presentation
- Reuse the list multiple times.
- Comes pre-populated with lots of items that can save you typing.
provides the ability to;
- make log entries on a sailing passage with automatic GPS data and timestamps.
- take photos and store them with GPS data and timestamps
- view the passage on either a map or as a list of events, photos and log entries.
- track your position at regular intervals and see the plots on a map
This is the lite version so is restricted to a number of log entries but other than that it's fully functional.
Rule A. Approach on different tacks - Port tack shall give way
Rule B. Approach on the same tack - Windward shall give way
NB In regatta competitions (i.e. fleet- and match racing) these correspond to ISAF rules 10 and 11
App for sailors, yachts and boats, containing
a set of nautical applications:
- Magnetic Compass
- Speedometer in knots, mph or km/h, Course over Ground
- Mark or edit waypoint
- Distance measurement in nautical miles and meters. Also useful for anchoring.
- Course to Waypoint
All in large, high contrast characters
Free Beta program ends on April 30, 2015!
Please send us your usage feedback, ideas for new features and especially found bugs to email@example.com!
YOUR LOCATION->FINE (GPS) LOCATION
This is one of the basic features of the app.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION->FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Needed for downloading Google Maps.
STORAGE->MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Needed for writing the .GPX files onto the SD card.
SYSTEM TOOLS->PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
When you turn off your phone's screen, the app does not stop recording your track. All your trackpoints will be memorized as expected.
YOUR ACCOUNTS->DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
The app request access to the user's email. This is a free BETA feature, the free BETA version will be active only until May 1st 2013. On the Welcome screen you are informed that the only way to proceed to using the app is if you agree to share your email information with us, otherwise you may cancel and the information will not be collected. The permission is there so the user doesn't have to type the email, he/she just taps the "Continue" button. We need your email because while the app is in the free BETA state, the feedback from users and getting to know your needs is crucial.
DEFAULT->MODIFY BATTERY STATISTICS
This is a permission you must request if your app needs to read battery statistics. One of the features of the app is to always show the exact percentage of the battery remaining and the estimated battery lifetime left.
Help at http://nautkaapps.wordpress.com
The Fast Track has three main sections. The Dashboard, the Map View, and the Leg Comparison Tool.
Before sailing The Fast Track app, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the app in the simulation mode, where you will be provided with the necessary buttons to simulate your boat's speed and bearing.
You can easily define navigation waypoints, or import them from a GPX file.
The Fast Track app works as a time to line tool, synchronized with the regatta
chronometer, keeping you informed with estimated time to the start line. So you can make a perfect start!
When choosing a destination, The Fast track app will automatically
determine the theoretical wind of direction as upwind or downwind from your current position. Each time the boat passes through the direction of wind, The Fast Track app will assume the boat's tacking or gybing. And creates a new leg.
You can also specify the wind direction, so this angle will be used to decide when a tack or gybe has occurred. While the deviance keeps referred as the difference between the current boat bearing and the initial bearing to Waypoint.
The Text to Speech functionality can be activated from the preference menu, this enables The Fast track app speak specific navigation information updates, without the need to look at the screen.
Analyze your sailing through useful line charts as Speed, VMG & Deviance evolution.
Get full statistics from your sailing track as the Total Distance, Maximum & Average Speed, etc.
Save your navigation to GPX format and analyze it later in your PC, with your favorite GPS software as Google Earth, Garmin Basecamp, etc.
GPX file is saved in the folder /sdcard/TheFastTrack/AAAAMMDD_HHMM.gpx
AAAAMMDD is the date
HHMM is the time
- Offline Maps. Now you can cache (store) cartography before sailing and have it available in the middle of the sea without data connection. Based on Open Street Maps (osmdroid project) and the overlays from Open Sea Maps
- Waypoints Name & Location modification
- Proximity alerts to Waypoint
- Route Statistics (Length, Num. Waypoints, etc.)
- Enable/Disable Legs auto - generation
We recommend you to use a bluetooth external GPS antenna to enhance the accuracy of the application and get the better results.
Your comments & reviews are welcome, they help enhance the product visibility and future improvements. Thus, if you like The Fast Track, please rate it in Google Play. If you don't like it please provide some description or email us directly, so we can take it into account to fix it for future releases. If a new release solves some of your previous issues we will really appreciate if you test it again and re-evaluate it.
Special Thanks to:
Bálint László, for his contributions, ideas & hungarian language translations
Teresa Albelda & Yolanda Barranco for the French translation
for their continuous contributions & ideas to this product
Anders Ericsson for his great tutorial about Android Line Charts:
THIS IS NOT A GAME.
Application is used as an additional tool next to standard yacht equipment to take tactical decisions faster.
Sail Racer app suggest the favored end of the start line, monitors your position, time and guides the maneuvers that the start line was hit at the last moment with the best possible speed.
With the app it is easy to navigate in racing area. Interface is designed in a way that course efficiency, the lay lines and shifts could be captured in a splash of a second. Skipper does not need to analyze the numbers and can concentrate on handling the boat, maximizing performance and playing tactical games with competitors.
Every wind gust and lull affect the boat heading and is visualized in a “easy to read” shift bar on the top of compass rose. Course Deviation Indication – bar on the bottom of the compass rose displays long run course deviation between two marks.
Sail Racer is designed and developed by sailors. It has everything to sail on the edge.
- Course over ground
- Speed over ground
- Turn instruction
- Mark and Start line Range
- Wind shift indicator
- Course deviation indicator
- Cross track error
- Count down time
- Time to burn
- NMEA data connection
More information www.sailracer.net
App does NOT contain any ADS.
Sailrace.net app is free for learning (Optimist kids, Lasers and other centerboards) and for evaluation purposes. We kindly ask all keel boat racers to purchase Premium license for 10 euros / year.
Have a good start and even better finish.
Imagine you're on a sail boat, cruising out to sea in the deep blue water, the sun setting gracefully on the horizon. If this is your idea of happiness you'll love the wallpapers featured in this app! These backgrounds include anchors, ships and sailboats, sailor's knots and other nautical themed imagery and patterns. Whether you're a seasoned sailor, a hobby boating enthusiast, or simply a imaginative ocean dreamer, these wallpapers will spark your nautical passions even on land - after all, sailing isn't just an activity, it's an adventure and a lifestyle!
You can even share these wallpapers with your seafaring friends! Anchors away, captain!
*** THIS IS THE PREVIEW VERSION WHICH ONLY COVERS THE BASIC RULES AND THE START ***
The app shows how the official ISAF racing rules of sailing are put into practice and apply during a regatta. It is made for anyone who doesn't find the time or motivation to study the text-based version.
If you are looking for an easy way to learn the ISAF racing rules or simply want to re-fresh your knowledge, this app is for you.
Regardless of your sailing experience you will get a better understanding of how the racing rules of sailing interact on the course and how you can use them to your advantage. All important rule changes of the 2013 - 2016 edition are included, as well.
The racing situations are categorized into into Basic Rules, Start, Upwind Leg, Windward Mark, Downwind Leg, Downwind Mark and Finish, which makes them easy to find and access. Swipe gestures are used to navigate between illustrations of the same category.
• Over 80 up-to-date racing situations
• Understandable explanations
• Rule number references
• Simple navigation
• Always available on your phone
* Input your course using the waypoints Navigatta already knows about, or add your own waypoints easily.
* Tell Navigatta which way round the mark to go, so you can tell the crew at a glance.
* View your Distance and Bearing to the Mark, Course over ground, Velocity Made Good and Estimated Time to Mark on a high contrast screen.
* Navigatta automatically increments to the next leg when you approach the current mark.
* View your course on the map by swiping to the map view in the Race Navigator screen.
We are building up a database of racing waypoints. If you find some that we are missing, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminous Development are a software company focused on user experience. Here are some nice little touches we think you'll appreciate.
When editing a race:
* Accidentally added the startline as a race mark? Just move the mark and drag it to the start line section.
* Not sure which is the port end and which is the starboard end of the line? Just add the waypoints and Navigatta will figure it out for you based on where the next mark is.
When viewing a race:
* Change the Race Navigator between Race List, Mark Information and Map View by swiping the black bar at the bottom.
* Tap a mark in the Map View to see its name and rounding details.
* You won't accidentally exit the Race Navigator when the app is in your pocket. The Race Navigator requires you to press and hold buttons (long press). Of course, you can change that behaviour in the settings screen.
* No need to unlock your device in Race Mode. The Race Navigator sits over the top of your lock screen.
* Alternatively, keep the screen on all the time if the device is mounted in the cockpit. Have a look in settings for these options.
* Navigatta monitors your race even when the screen is off. As you approach the mark, it will automatically increment to the next mark for you. If you don't pass close enough, you can set the current leg (see next).
* Long press a mark in the Race Mark List to set that as the current leg.
Navigatta uses the following permissions:
- To download existing waypoints from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- To download the maps data and image tiles.
- To report your race progress to Navigatta.com
- For accurate race navigation
- For creating waypoints based on your current location
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database if Cellular location is unavailable.
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- Used for managing the Navigatta processes.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine how conservative to be when accessing the maps servers.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine if the network is available.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to cache map tiles.
- Used to inform the user that a dragged item was dropped in the wrong place.
Olivercheung carefully collected dozens of beautiful sailing dynamic wallpaper, blue sea, head tall sailing, had embellished glow of light, whether it can cause you to sail dream it? Like, you can click on the picture to download, pictures can be set to automatically switch, you can set a variety of effects, not any points, find the set to operate in a dynamic wallpaper.
Check your chart-work before sailing by tapping into the app your intended ground track (or course to make good) along with your boat speed plus the set and rate of tidal stream. Your course to steer and speed over the ground are calculated instantly.
Enter magnetic variation and deviation and your course to steer is converted from True to Magnetic to Compass bearing.
Correct for Leeway, simply enter the wind direction and the course to steer will be corrected to counteract the wind.
Not to be used as a primary navigation tool. Up to date nautical charts and publications are required by law to ensure safety of navigation.
Learn practical tips such as basic sailing terms, choosing your first boat, reading weather and water conditions, sailing safety, sail control, anchoring, navigation, and more. You’ll never capsize with the Adventure Sports Sailing app!
- Essential Safety Tips
- Beginner Basics
- How to read Weather and Water Conditions
- Navigation techniques
- Gear/Equipment Advice
- Pro Tips & Tricks
- … and more!
- Easy to use UI and navigation
- Browse and search functions
- Highlight functions
- Save your favorite passages and bookmark sections
- Share with friends and family via social media and email
- Adjustable brightness and text size – read it whenever/wherever
- All offline content – no internet connection needed!
Get ready for the adventure of sailing today!