It's really simple to use. You just have to scroll ! Pages are automatically loaded and displayed (no need to click to go to next page).
It's FREE and THERE ARE NO ADS.
This version works perfectly on phones AND tablets.
Supported image formats are JPG, PNG, GIF, WebP (Android 4.0+), BMP, PDF, CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR and ePUB.
Main features are :
• Automatic page loading
• Zoom using multi-touch
• Vertical/Horizontal scrolling
• 2 display modes (Simple View which displays pages one by one and Multiple Image View which displays all pages one after the other)
• Library with covers displayed to quickly open comics (multiple kind of views available)
• Automatically switch to next issue when last page of the comic is displayed
• Border cropping
• Read from left to right or right to left
• Actions can be customized
• Single page and "2 page" display mode
• Filter to improve displayed image quality
• Manual scrolling by moving finger on screen
• Autoscrolling by long pressing on screen
• Tap to go to Next/Previous pages
• Fit to Width/Height/Screen display
• Multiple Image preview type
• Option to direct access to page
• History management
• Support multi-language (for now, english and french)
• Border can be display over Bitmap to easily identify each pages
• Contrast/Brightness/Gamma management
• Screen brightness management
• Application can be moved to SD Card
• Cached data can be stored in internal memory or SD Card
• Supports Samsung "Multi-Window" mode
• Color themes
Files can be accessed on the device or network.
Supported network protocols are :
• Google Drive
• Ubooquity (http://vaemendis.net/ubooquity)
• DLNA/Upnp (Need Android >= 4.0.3)
• OPDS (beta)
• Webdav/Cloud (like box.com, 4shared.com, alwaysdata.com, ...)
The application needs a phone/tablet with lots of memory and a powerful processor, so don't be disappointed if your phone is quite old and performance is not good.
For instance, it works perfectly on Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab, ...
Documentation is available at : http://challengerviewer.wordpress.com/challenger-comics-viewer-documentation/
An FAQ is available at : http://challengerviewer.wordpress.com/challenger-comics-viewer-faq/
The English forum : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389440
Please add comments if you like this app or if you have some new features idea.
To report bugs, don't hesitate to send me e-mail.
* CBR, CBZ, and image directory comic support
* Comic collection browser with thumbnails
* Quickly zoom in locally on a section of a page
* Page thumbnails to quickly scan through comics
* Continuous bookmarking for all comics
* Gracefully handles dual-spread pages
* Easy collection management from the library
* Easily zoom into pages
STAY TUNED FOR:
* Search across your entire collection
* A homescreen widget to quickly jump to your comics
The free version is ad-supported. Please check out the paid application to get an ad-free version.
TAGS: CBR, CBZ, comics, comic reader, comic viewer, manga, manga reader, manga viewer, graphic novel
Publishing more than 80 comic format titles monthly and over 1,000 comic books and graphic novels annually, DC also presents different flavors of graphic storytelling through its diverse imprints.
With the official DC COMICS app, you can download and enjoy great comic books from our current weekly offerings plus our vast, legendary classics library. Powered by ComiXology, this app enables you to take advantage of the unique Guided View reading experience or enjoy the pristine, classic full page view. What's more, you'll be able to conveniently manage and read your entire collection anytime, whether you're at your desk computer, laptop or on the move. Experience the amazing world of DC Comics wherever you are!
* Opens CBZ/ZIP, ACV, CBR/RAR (beta), JPEG, PNG, BMP & image folders (long tap)
* Read comics from SD card
* Left-to-right or right-to-left reading
* Use touch screen or trackball to zoom, scroll & navigate
* Next & previous screen cache
A Comic Viewer has ads to support its continued development. Ads will never interrupt nor disrupt the reading experience. Still, a paid Premium version is available for those who wish to remove the ads and can be purchased from Settings.
FEATURE REQUESTS & SUPPORT
Join the A Comic Viewer community at http://forums.droidcomicviewer.com/. The A Comic Viewer Forums are the best way to request features or ask for support.
If you have any problems with the latest version, please request a previous version at http://forums.droidcomicviewer.com/.
Developer? A Comic Viewer is an open source project. Fork the source at https://github.com/robotmedia/droid-comic-viewer.
It has a beautiful graphical interface, that uses the thumbnails of your comics organised in simple and pleasing ways. Full dual-pane mode is available and you can even take snapshots of images you have zoomed into and store those separately. Bookmarks per comic are of course supported.
Comica can scan for comics on your sdcard, add those to your collection, and organise them all based on the folder structure you have placed them in. Very easy.
You may also search your SDCard using the file browser option and find the relevant comic or image files that way.
Best, width, height and '1 to 1' aspect ratios are supported.
Dual Pane MODE now supported!
1) Tap once on the screen to bring up the image controls.
2) Double tap to zoom in and out.
3) Pinch and Zoom.
4) Touch and move.
5) Tap side of screen to turn page.
6) Flick finger left or right to change page - or use the image controls.
Press Menu > Options on the main screen for the system settings.
You can even add an extra folder to be scanned - or scan the whole system..
Accepted file formats : -
1) .cbr, .cbz for comics
2) ,jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp for images
All temporary files and thumbnails are stored in the folder 'Comica'.
TROUBLE : Every effort is made to ensure a bug-free application. If you do encounter a problem - SEND ME AN EMAIL! and I'll fix it. Write a harsh comment with no real info and I'll stumble around in the dark trying to find the bug - psychically. Your choice.
LITE VERSION : The lite version is banner supported (inoffensive banner at bottom of screen). Upgrade to the full version of Comica to remove the banner. Otherwise the applications are the same!
Install now to read the free DREDD movie tie-in comic, plus two massive FREE sampler issues of top 2000 AD stories featuring future lawman Judge Dredd, undead cowboy Ichabod Azrael, ‘gentleman zombie’ Zombo, the action-packed dog soldiers of Kingdom, the Steampunk crime tale Stickleback, and post-apocalyptic werewolf series Age of the Wolf!
The app also gives you access to digital graphic novels collecting stories from the past 37 years, including the complete best selling Judge Dredd Case Files series, the newest Judge Dredd books, and more classic 2000 AD titles such as Rogue Trooper, Sláine, the ABC Warriors, Nikolai Dante, and Robo-Hunter!
2000 AD is the weekly SF anthology comic that brings you the cosmos’s best stories, filled with action and adventure with black humour and a dark satirical edge!
The monthly Judge Dredd Megazine not only showcases new adventures for Judge Dredd, but also series based in his world, further expanding the Dredd universe. In addition, there are interviews with leading writers and artists, and each issue includes a bonus 64-page graphic novel every month, featuring material from the 2000 AD archive!
Featuring Day and Date releases from many great publishers including: Archie Comics, IDW Publishing, Dynamite Entertainment, Image Comics, Red 5 Comics and more!
IMPORTANT NOTE -- If you have any issues with the updates, please email us at SUPPORT@IVERSEMEDIA.COM -- leaving a review doesn't give us any way to contact you to help you with your upgrades. We're happy to assist!
Complete List of Publishers
Beyond Reality Media
Comics Buyer’s Guide
Do Gooder Press
Exhibit A Press
Fierce Fun Toys
Loaded Barrel Studios
Lone Star Press
Monsters in My Head
Red 5 Comics
Red Eye Press
Sea Lion Books
Small Scale Comics
Top Shelf Productions
TO DOWNLOAD FREE COMICS
You can find ALL of the FREE COMICS available in the App swiping to Top Free from the main page.
New Comics are releases in Comics Plus multiple times a week, with day and date digital releases appearing every Weds!
ABOUT THE APP
iVerse Media is proud to present the next generation of digital comics for Android!
Over 100 titles are available for download FREE within the Application - with over 7000 titles available in the store, with new titles available every week! Each comic has been formatted to fit your device's screen - no spinning, flipping, or zooming required!
Comics Plus is a comic book store in your pocket! Get the best selection of titles available anywhere inside one app - featuring iVerse Media's new patent pending enhanced reading experience.
FIND US ONLINE
Easily search through our library of virtually every comic book ever published. Check out new releases, create a wish list, and get the latest reviews on comic books both new and old. Scroll through cover art, zoom and create wall paper from comic book covers. Review current selling trends and prices from more than 150 comic shops.
ComicCollectorLive.com is fast becoming the one stop shop for thousands of collectors and fans. Now, experience everything comics with this exciting and easy to use comic collecting companion!
The Best Comic Book Library In Any Universe - Research virtually every comic book in existence. Includes full covers, biographical information, and more. Get competitive market pricing from hundreds of comic shops and private collectors nation wide.
Browse Covers – Having a hard time keeping up with all the variant covers? Easily thumb through every cover and variant from golden age to modern. Easily set your favorite cover as your wall paper.
New Releases - What just came out today? This week? Last week? Next week? It's all here right at your fingertips. New and upcoming issues are added every day!
Reviews - What are they saying about that new series? Do people like it? Now, instantly you can know.
Wish List Management - Add items to your wish list. Review your wish list right in the palm of your hand.
Enhance Your LCS Experience
This app will change your trip to your Local Comic Shop forever.
Question: "Is that book on the wall a 1:10 or a 1:25 variant?"
Question: "Did Deadpool #900 come out this week or last...?"
Question: "Excuse me, sir...I'm looking for (holds up Android with an image of Transformers Devastation #2 Sketch Cover) THIS book?"
Question: "Do I need this zombie cover or this zombie cover? I think I better check my wish list, eh?"
Question: "I heard that issue of Batman wasn't all that. Wonder what reviewers say about that book on CCL?"
Don't be without this app when you go to the shop. It is like having a comic book encyclopedia right in the palm of your hand.
Integrates Seamlessly With Your Existing Comic Collector Live Account. If you are not already a ComicCollectorLive.com member… you should be. The CCL Android app will integrate with your existing account using your same login and password. When you update your wish list on Android it will update your web account and your desktop software as well. The Android app is designed to enhance your existing CCL paid membership.
An Active ComicCollectorLive.com Account
Organize all your comics in customizable collections, or use the powerful search feature to find what to read. Use the intelligent suggestions system to quickly fill your collections with related comics, or jump directly to the next issue when you have finished to read one. Synchronize your collections, favorites and statistics with the heroic account, and never lose your data again!
Astonishing Comic Reader is able to generate awesome wallpapers if you're using Muzei app, and have a Cast support, so you can read your comics everywhere, on any screen! Discover Snapshots, an amazing way to store and share all moments parts you love in your comics. And thanks to our synchronization system, you can get your comics from your Cloud storage provider!
Add the comics you like to your favorites list, and share the pages which amazed you the most with your friends in a few touches! It's that easy to use! Astonishing Comic Reader is fully compatible with CBZ and CBR comics! And it's ad free!
Join our community on G+: https://plus.google.com/communities/113176077772826564350
Feel free to send any suggestions or feedback you may have heroic reader!
If you're wondering which is the comic used in the screenshots, go checkout the Misery Depot project on http://www.miserydepot.com/. Other images are from golden age comics in public domain
*Turn black/white image into 4 colorize image(Only available for donated users. Need install Perfect Viewer donation application).
*Page layout: Auto single page, Auto dual page, Auto switch by screen orientation
*Support Windows, Linux etc. network file sharing(CIFS/SAMBA)
*Require internet permission for CIFS/SAMBA support.
*Support image file format: JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP,WebP
*Support archive file format: CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR,7Z/CB7,LZH
*Support PDF file after install the PDF plugin
*Smooth filters: Averaging, Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos3;
*Five view mode: Full size, Fit Screen, Fit Width, Fit Height, Fixed size, Stretch;
*Support Left-to-right & right-to-left reading
*Set image as wallpaper
*Browse image in folder/archive as thumbnail
*Support pinch to zoom & fling gesture
*Simple bookmark function
*My favorites management
*Cache next and previous page
*Simple file management(delete, rename)
*Adjust image brightness,contrast & gamma
*Auto cut off white border.
*Support Google Chromecast
- Open source software under GPLv3 license (http://code.google.com/p/android-comicsreader/)
- Optimized for Android tablets
- Comics browser with thumbnails
- Bookmarks manager to download albums from remote sites
- Allows to download remote files using a proposed PHP script
- Support CBZ, CBR (official unrar dll), CBT and folders with images (JPEG, PNG and GIF)
- Fast pages switcher with pages previews
- Compatible with all screens resolutions
- Several resize modes (screen width, screen height, both, 100%, 50%, 25%)
- Right to left reading direction settings
- Double pages mode
- Next and previous pages auto preloading if enough free memory
- Supports 16 and 32 bits rendering
- Fling gesture to change page with smooth transition
- Fullscreen mode for devices with physical buttons, for Cyanogen Mod and Android 4.4+ (immersive mode)
- Bidirectional scrolling if page larger than screen
- Touchscreen, keyboard, DPad and mouse support
- Android 1.6+ required
- Remember last album and page
- Support both portrait and landscape orientation
- Can be used to open application/x-cbz, application/x-cbr, application/x-cbt, image/jpeg, image/png and image/gif from any file manager
- Tested with huge images up to 1920x2643
- Use lower quality images (resolution is decreased) if any out of memory exception occurs
- Available in English, French, Turkish, Spanish, Greek, Galician, Polish, Italian, Russian and Portuguese (a big thanks to ultrapeer, Zufre, Kathjal, Shark103, Xesusmosquera, Evropi, Anonymous and Marcelo Ghelman, any translators are welcome to contribute ^^)
- Supports ARMv7, ARMv5, x86 and MIPS natively
- Auto-roration and natural sorting order implemented by Jules Blok
- Partnership with BDZ Mag (http://www.bdzmag.com/) and download "Pirate ta BD !" comics from bookmarks
Please don't hesitate to fill a bug report or request a new feature on :
You can also help to translate ComicsReader in your language on :
The U.S. Army's Career Navigator is a great resource to help you decide if a career in the army is right for you. With Career Navigator you can view over 230 U.S. Army Careers, learn how the army can help you get a college education, watch videos, see how you will transition from Civilian to Soldier in Basic Combat Training, and learn how your career will progress. And you can do all of this in the comfort of your own home with the support of family and friends. If you decide you'd like to learn more about a career in the U.S. Army, you can even use the app to find and contact a local recruiter.
Start Strong today by seeing what the U.S. Army has to offer with Career Navigator!
And while you’re at it, share your Snaps via social media and let your friends and family know you’re part of the team!