It can also be used to find your healthy weight if you want to lose weight or are on diet.
• For everyone 7 years and older
• Metric and imperial systems are supported
• Optional saving of last entered values
• Body Mass Index: is defined as the body weight divided by the square of the height. It provides a rough guide since it doesn't take into account a persons build or the composition of the body weight.
• Waist-to-Height Ratio: is defined as the waist circumference divided by the height. It measures abdominal obesity and therefore can be used as an better indicator of health risks than Body Mass Index.
• Body Fat Percentage: is defined as the weight of fat divided by the total weight. It is estimated with the 'US Navy Circumference Method' which uses the height and circumferences of waist, neck and hip.
• Calorie Consumption: is mainly a sum of internal heat produced (Basal Metabolic Rate estimated by Mifflin St Jeor Equation) and external work (Physical Activity Level).
• Top 10 Best Weight Loss iPhone & Android Apps 2012 @ Healthline.com
• One of the top 10 hottest apps @ AppBrain.com
• Featured app on The Fresh Living Project @ FreshLivingProject.com
Criticism, praise, problems with this app?
Feel free to contact: email@example.com
Body Mass Index is designed with unique professional and custom features where user can change the appearance of the application. The user interface of this application facilitates universal device support from small screens to large display tablet devices.
More cool features and functionality will be available in future updates shortly. We are looking forward for your continuous support for this application.
Just swipe your finger over the measure tapes to enter your weight and height and get the BMI value and also your ideal weight range.
This BMI calculator supports imperial and metric units,and you can alternate in just one click between kg or lbs and feet/inches or meters.
Very usable BMI calculator and the only one in the market that doesn't require you to press the the button every time you want to calculate a new value.
Key features of this app:
- Very user friendly UI.
- Imperial and metrics units.
- Easy way to input height and weight values.
- Real time BMI value.
- Graphic coloured results.
- Ideal weight estimation.
- Exact calculation also with people under 19 years old.
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a simple index of weight-for-height that is commonly used to classify underweight, overweight and obesity.
If you want more information regarding BMI you can check wikipedia page in this link:
This BMI calculator allows you to quickly calculate the ratio of body mass index - BMI. Result is calculated according to general reading table created by World Health Organization (WHO) - the same for male and female regardless the age. The BMI is meant to be used as a simple means of classifying physically inactive individuals with an average body composition. BMI categories (underweight, overweight or obese) from general reading table are inappropriate for athletes, children, the elderly, and the infirm because do not take into account many factors such as frame size and muscularity. The BMI categories also fail to account for varying proportions of fat, bone, cartilage, water weight, and more. Despite this, BMI categories are regularly regarded as a satisfactory tool for measuring whether sedentary individuals' weight is in normal range. Obligatory weight loss tool for obese people.
- calculation of BMI (Body Mass Index)
- presenting the ideal weight range for a given height - helpful if you want to lose weight or are on diet
- supporting two formats of units - metric (cm and kg) and imperial ( inches [1 in = 2,54 cm] and international pounds [1 lb = 0,45359237 kg] )
- app2sd support (on Android 2.2 and higher)
- available languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Russian
To change the units from metric to imperial and vice versa, the 'menu' button must be clicked.
Any comments are welcome. Please notify me by e-mail about any bugs found or missing functions that you want to be included in future versions of the BMI calculator.
NOTE: if you can help me with translation into your native language do not hesitate to contact me.
- tablet support added
- Fullscreen banner after every calculation removed
- StartApp PostCall Manager removed
- StartApp library changed to comply new Google Play policy
- AdMob library updated
- better statistics for next improvements of the 'BMI Calculator' app
- StartApp library added
- small changes in User Interface for better appearance
- improved application header
- faster calculations due to storing last height value
- entered height and weight are converted while changing units
- decimal sign fix
- appropriate default units according to user's country
- calculation of correct weight range improved
- chosen units (metric or imperial) are stored in a memory
- source of crash in Android 1.6 removed
- information about sexes added
- links to more info about BMI added
- new design
- vertical scroll for smaller screens added
- hide keyboard bug fixed
- small engine bug fixes
- app2sd support (on Android 2.2 and higher)
- new languages: Ukrainian, Russian
- new languages: German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese
BMI Calculator, Weight Loss, Body Mass Index Calculator, Standard BMI Calculator, Standard Body Mass Index Calculator, Free Body Mass Index Calculator, Free BMI Calculator, Metric BMI Calculator, Metric Body Mass Index Calculator, English BMI Calculator,English Body Mass Index Calculator, Adult Body Mass Index Calculator, Adult BMI Calculator, Metric measurement units, English measurement units, Healthy weight range
Track your weight state on charts, compare it with other family members, easily edit archived entries.
The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a measure for human body shape based on an individual's mass and height. It is defined as the individual's body mass divided by the square of their height.
The waist-to-height ratio (WHtR) of a person is defined as the person's waist circumference, divided by the person's height. The WHtR is a measure of the distribution of body fat.
- height/length: cm, inch, ft
- weight: kg, lb.
Application contains one standard banner ad.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore history.
The BMI is a measure of body fat based on weight and height. This calculator can be used for kids and adolescents from 2 to 20 years of age.
Please note that as children grow, their amount of body fat changes and so will their BMI. That's why a BMI calculation for a child or adolescent must take into account their age and gender. Always see your doctor if you are concerned about your child's growth.
This application is completely FREE and supported by ads.
This android app helps you to estimate your BMI and makes you to decide to have proper diet for your health.
This is a simple health app for checking BMI.
It includes the BMI category table for knowing the various BMI index levels and its value.
With this app you can calculate your body mass index (BMI). Your BMI and the related category will be displayed. So you get to know whether you have underweight, normalweight or overweight or if you have a disease (obese).
In the detail overview you get mor information about your BMI. There you can choose your age and gender and in the tabels below the related category and row will be highlighted in different colors.
This app is perfect for personal weight control. Just type in your height and weight and the app checks your weight whether it is normal or not.
Criss-cross calculating! You can calculate your BMI in different measuring units (inch, lbs; cm, kg).
* Save your last inputs (height, weight, age, gender)
* Save your last chosen measure units (cm, kg, inch, lbs)
* Detail overview
* Haptic feedback (switch on and off)
* Changing the backgroundcolor of the calculator
* changing and saving languages
* Supported languagesn:
Any questions? Contact me at the e-mail adress below!
For muscular people it is better to use the WHtR Calculator (Waist to Height Ratio). Just see the other apps of BlenyApp Development below.
By using this BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index Calculator) you can find your waist-to-height ratio and body fat percentage. Know your ideal weight based on your height.
• Kilograms & Pounds for weight input
• Metric and English systems are supported
• 5 different measurement ranges supported
These values are provided just for your initial reference. Consult your physician for any actions.
Your feedback is important to us. Please feel free to send us your valuable feedback
- The BMI Calculator Free is an application that calculates BMI(Body Mass Index) from the height and weight.
- If you press Calc button after the height and weight is entered, BMI, obesity classification, and obesity classification table are displayed.
- If you press Metric button, you can enter the height and weight with cm/kg, and press Imperial button with ft,in/lbs.
- You can enter the height up to 302.3cm or 9ft11in.
- You can enter the weight up to 453.1kg or 999lbs.
- Corresponding Android OS:Android OS 2.1 and more.
- Confirmed model:
* Docomo SC-02B(GALAXY S)/Android OS 2.2
* Sony Tablet S／Android OS 4.0.3
- The classification of the obesity classification by BMI follows WHO (World Health Organization) standard.
5.Difference point of pay version and free version
- As for a free version, the following points are different from a pay version.
* Advertisement is displayed at the bottom of screen.
* "Free" is added to end of the application title.
- Measurement units in Metric and Imperial
- Visualization of your weight and BMI on the dial
- Find out your ideal weight range
- Calculates BMI for ages 5+
- Shows weight ranges according to the World Health Organisation guidelines
The Body Mass Index is a way of seeing if your weight is appropriate for your height. Inaccuracies can occur if you're an athlete or very muscular as this can give you a higher BMI even if you have a healthy level of body fat. Also this app is not appropriate for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or people who are very frail.
*** Ideal Body Stats ***
This configurable application (Kilograms/Pounds/Stones, Cm/Ft) allows you to :
• Calculate easily your Ideal Weight using different formulas.
• Calculate easily your Body mass index (BMI) Adult or child (beetween 2 and 20 years old).
• Calculate easily your body fat index (BFI).
• Calculate easily your body surface area (BSA).
• Save and Export synthesis by email.
BMI (Body Mass Index) for children and teenagers 2 to 20 years old is calculated using data from the CDC (Centers for Disease Contol).
Do not hesitate to give a rating on android market to show your satisfaction.
tag : bmi calculator, bfi, bsa, ideal weight, bmi, weight, calculator, diet, ideal, obesity, overweight, mass, imperial, metrics units, body, bmi children,, obesity children, child, teenagers.
Keep track of your progress to achieve or maintain their weight. Also you can see the progress in various charts.
Supports multiple units of measure for your convenience (meters, kilograms, inches, pounds).
• Intuitive interface.
• You can easily modify or delete records.
• data is represented in graphs.
• Scroll horizontally to move between screens
• Glossary of Terms
English, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, German, Hungarian and Portuguese.
Android 2.2 to 4.2
Errors, questions, translation, etc. send mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgrade to the full version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androiddevelopermx.blogspot.imcpro
Health, sports, obesity, infrastructure, overweight, normal, data, family, administration, calculation, diet, nutrition, training, health, nutrition, food, download, upload, record, calculate BMI, body mass, a simple note, easy, great usability, yes, sexy, sensual, pleasant, beautiful, beautiful, beauty, body.