• support for ozf2 maps (ozfx3 maps can be opened but not guaranteed)
• support for online maps
• support for SAS.Planet maps cache
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• track to route conversion
• route creation and manipulation
• works with waypoints, tracks and routes in Ozi format
• reads waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• HSI and compass
• configurable units
• UTM coordinates
• search for locations via Google geocoder
• location and waypoint sharing
• portrait and landscape modes
• tablet support
Functionality can be extended by plugins:
• receive coordinates via text messages (sms)
• receive coordinates from tracker devices
• share location in real time
Androzic is free and open-source. It is distributed under GNU GPL v3 license. More information can be found on http://androzic.com/
Caution! Modern versions of Img2Ozf generate maps in new encrypted format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
Adds support for Genshtab (Soviet Military) online maps in scales of 250 m, 500 m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km, 10 km.
Map source has limited resources so tiles are downloaded not very fast.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map. Maps have limited coverage, you can check it by zooming map to the minimum scale.
(Now with added zombies)
Can't remember where you parked your car?
Having trouble locating that awesome bar you stumbled into last night?
Just want to track the undead hordes in your own post-apocalyptic nightmare?*
Just drop a Thumbtack and never lose it again!
No check-in, no hassle, just remember the things that matter.
( * Zombie apocalypse and subsequent collapse of civilisation not included)
Adds support for Thunderforest online maps:
• OpenCycleMap – award-winning global map for cycling.
• Transport – shows public transportation in great detail.
• Landscape – focused on information about the natural world - great for rural context.
• Outdoors – for all the outdoor enthusiasts - hiking, skiing and other activities.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map.
For more information visit: http://www.thunderforest.com/
Converts track into route (OziExplorer *.rte or MapSource *.gpx)
Conversion *.plt в *.kml and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt в *.kmz and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to *.gpx and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to OziExplorer route*.rte,
Conversion *.plt to route *.gpx
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
Maps can be either PNG files (recommended) or JPEG files. It is also possible to use the devices built in camera to take a picture of a map, e.g., when standing in front of an information board.
A map can be calibrated either while walking around in the area covered by it, or beforehand if the gps coordinates are already known. Added reference points are automatically saved and can be used the next time the same map is loaded.
MapCalibrator now contains support for loading (really) high resolution images without down sampling them. This support must be enabled in the preferences and is only available on devices running Android 2.3.3 and higher. At the moment it only works for .jpg and .png images.
If you have any problems with the app, please contact me at MapCalibrator@gmail.com instead of posting things in the comments. It is very hard for me to solve problems if I don't get enough data to reproduce them.
The compass uses magnetic sensor of your device and works correctly both in portrait and landscape mode, optionally locked to portrait mode.
To get the most accurate readings from the compass be sure to keep it in a horizontal level. The compass is most accurate when close to earth.
The compass fully depends on the performance of your device. If it is inaccurate, please check that you aren't being affected by a magnetic field (large metal objects, magnets, high voltage devices). Also you should calibrate your device before each use of compass.
1. Photograph physical map or choose image from phone.
2. Orient oneself.
3. Set your position on the map.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 steps at least one time (if you set more points all of them will be used for calculations).
That's all! Now you can see where you are on your map.
It is recommended that distance between points were not less than several hundreds meters.
- Up-to-date list of earthquakes worldwide
- Geo-location of earthquakes
- Latest satellite images of all continents
- Information about maps and satellites
- Worldwide weather maps
- Current observations of the sun
- Warnings and alerts of severe weather conditions
- UV warnings
Internet connectivity is necessary
In order to visualize maps in 3D, and to obtain accurate info about the height of a given point at a map, GPS navigation and map viewing apps need digital elevation models (DEM).
DEM1 eases the download of those models in SRTM standard (.hgt extension), wich is used to several apps, like OruxMaps. The data downloaded by DEM1 are, specifically, in SRTM1 standard, what means that its resolution is the best available at the moment in this format (1 arcsecond, or ~100 feet) which is much better than the commonly downloaded by other apps, in SRTM3 standard (3 arcsecond, or ~300 feet).
The advantages of using such precise data are evident. Often, when we are planning a route at home, we don't have a precise perception of our track's profile, something vital if we practise mountain bike or trekking. Other times, we found ourselves in the middle of the mountain, with mist, and equipped with a GPS navigator with a map that doesn't include accurate contour lines (like ortophotos, most of the online maps and several offline).
Differences between SRTM1 and SRTM3 are obvious, and easily appreciable opening a map in any viewer, switching from a SRTM3 and a SRTM1 DEM.
Currently supported zones: Europe, Americas, Asia and Oceania.
The app can also create GPX file of the downloaded log, which can be used with for example: RMaps.
Android 3.0+ is required
The log and GPX will be saved to the internal SD card of your device
GeoGps ist ein Programm für geocacher.
Es bildet einen Kompass nach, um Peilung und Entfernung von der aktuellen Position zu einer zweiten Position (dem cache) zu bestimmen.
CachePositionen können manuell eingegeben und bearbeitet werden.
Weiterhin besteht die Möglichkeit GPX Dateien von geocaching.com zu importieren.
- aktuelle Position und selektierter cache auf Gogglemaps bzw. OpenStreetMap
- neuen Cache eingeben/bearbeiten/löschen
- geocaching GPX Datei importieren
- 2 verschiedene Koordinatenanzeigen,
- Datenspeicherung in Android SQLite Database
- auf SD-card verschieben
Ab Version 2.0 ist eine LiveMap programmiert, die die nächtgelegenen cache auf der OSM anzeigt.
GeoGpsPro ist eine Weiterentwicklung von GeoGps.
GeoGps kann wegen eines irreparablen Designierungsfehler beim "Export as signed application to GooglePlay" nicht weiterentwickelt werden.
Some of the main features:
• Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
• Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
• Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
Use OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia Data
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing (not available in free version)
• Free download, directly from the app (download limit 10 map files in free version)
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it
• Optional speed-dependent map zooming
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
• Optional speed and altitude display
• Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
Directly Contribute to OpenStreetMap
• Report map bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
• Optional trip recording also in background mode (while device is in sleep mode)
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities. By buying OsmAnd+ you help the application to be even more awesome! It is also possible to fund specific new features, or to make a general donation on osmand.net.
Very approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, here are just few more examples: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK, USA.
Trigger situation based on phone state (in service, out of service, roaming, etc..).
- you need to be always available at work? trigger an alarm when network is out of service.
keyword: locale phone state detection locale plug-in plugin
Modify settings during call with Locale
More settings than default condition:
- select outbound, inbound call or both
- select contact or group for inbound call
ex: with orientation condition, stop ringing on demand
keyword: call detection locale plug-in plugin
Generate a notification in status bar
Features that you can customize:
- title and notification text
- play sound (from ringtone, notification or alam)
- vibration scheme
- led color (depends on devices)
- call a specific application when you acknowledge the notification
Contact me for support
keyword: locale notification locale plug-in plugin
With this plugin you can trigger Locale settings when you received SMS.
Conditions can be based on
SMS content (set a keyword) and/or on caller (select contact or group).
Support email to SMS gateway.
keyword: received sms inbound locale plug-in plugin
This plugin detect device startup.
You can use it to trigger Locale "settings".
With other Plug-in you can at each device startup:
- launch application
- see curent astrid task
- notify battery is under a specific level
keyword: locale boot detection locale plug-in plugin
Send your position by SMS or email
Body contains a google map link and address if possible.
- Position can be calculate thanks to the network or GPS
- Set minimum delay before sending another SMS or email
- Set max delay for GPS fix
*email for support
keyword: locale send position locale plug-in plugin
This very simple Plug-in enable you to play a sound choose in a list (baby cry, laugh, mosquito, caugh, etc...)
For example, you can create a cough notification which should be unnoticed by your neighbors movies.
**** BETA ****
The purpose of this plug-in is to detect that your phone must switch to night mode (or back in a day mode).
For this ambient noise and movement of the phone are analyse
No more forget to force your phone to silent for the night!
Beta = free
please email for support
SMS notification is not an application but a plugin for Locale application.
So you need to install Locale application before used it.
This plugin enable you to send SMS notification.
Please contact me for any issue
All in one protection highly configurable!
* Get your phone position (by network or GPS)
* Retrieve current SIM information
* Make it ringing even if the ringer is off
Many settings are available for each command:
- set minimun accuracy for GPS position in order to prevent too much battery usage when using this command
- activate automatically GPS (See Notice 2 bellow)
- hide received SMS with command
- received last position when battery is low
- uninstallation protection
- application reset protection
- and many, many others...
Application develop in order to limit battery to minimum!
There is no monthly fees!
see Pro version for more features: wipe, SIM card modification, etc... Price is very low!
Android 1.6 and bellow users: Due to new API usage few features are not available for you: multi security phone numbers and active headphone detection.
please contact us for support
Russian translation by Andrei Ulasevich
Italian translation by Michael Lepori
* Notice!: Due to GOsms specific processing on sms notification, WatchDroid is not fully compatible with GOsms.
Also Watchdroid sms hiding feature doesn't works with other sms third party application like Handcent.
* Notice2: Default automatic GPS activation could failed on few Samsung device. If you have such device AND if your device is ROOTED you can used libloc https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androgone.libloc Please check FAQ for how to installed it http://sites.google.com/site/androgone/projets/watchdroid/watchdroid-faq
Please read FAQ for uninstallation
sms find ring check locate watchdroid pro lite watchdroid phone locator