Not all devices are supported, therefore it is strongly recommended that you try the 'Sixaxis Compatibility Checker' (available for free in the Android Market) before purchasing this app.
Finally the wait is over... The ultimate gaming experience awaits! Now you can play games on your phone the way they were meant to be played! Sixaxis Controller allows you to use your PS3 Sixaxis, DualShock 3 and Navigation controllers in many of your favourite games and applications.
*** IMPORTANT ***
- ROOT access is required!!!
- Due to the way pairing is done with the controllers, you need to manually pair your controller with the PC utility 'SixaxisPairTool' (available on the website) and a mini-USB cable. Android 3.1+ users can also pair directly on their devices via USB.
- It is highly recommended that you use an ORIGINAL controller. Many after market controllers will not work with this app. If you get a 'Client connected: 1' message, but the lights on your controller continue to flash, it is almost certainly not an original Sony controller.
- The fake controllers that are most likely to work (though not guaranteed) are those made by Gasia. If you bought a fake that works but isn't made by Gasia, I'd love to hear from you so I can compile a list of known working controllers.
- Be sure to read the instructions in the help menu carefully.
- Up to four Sixaxis, DualShock 3 and Navigation controllers supported at once.
- Support as a native gamepad in Android 3.1+ devices. Full support for analog sticks and analog triggers.
- Keyboard emulation. Map all buttons and sticks to almost any key available in Android.
- Mouse emulation. Configure a button to activate the mouse pointer on devices that support mice (most tablets, and many phones should work).
- Touch emulation allows you to map buttons and analog sticks to the screen. Play all your favourite games with full analog support, even those without built-in controller support!
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Sony Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. All trademarks are property of their respective holders.
For assistance, full instructions and FAQ, visit our website at http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com
The application does not use the USB Host API, so it can also run on older, 2.x devices. Because of that however almost all functionality (except for the listing of USB devices) requires root (superuser) access, and a recent version of busybox installed!
The application needs a device that has USB Host (or USB OTG) functionality. Most modern high-end devices have this ability. Check the documentation and specification of your device (this functionality is usually called USB OTG or USB Host)
If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:
- S5PC210 (Hummingbird) based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
- QSD8250 (Snapdragon) based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)
You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
- Hummingbird / Samsung phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
- Snapdragon / HTC phones: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/
Note that these drivers might require skills to install, and may damage your phone and void your warranty!
More info about this application at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468531
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
This application will provide information about almost all currently plugged-in USB device (see below for more info about the 'almost').
•The Device class
•The USB device path
•The Vendor ID (VID) and the Product ID (PID).
•A List of all interfaces and their endpoints.
If you download the accompanying databases, the application will also be able to provide you with additional info such as the Vendor of the device (which is not necessarily the brand!), the vendor's logo and the product name.
This application uses two different methods to collect information:
1. Android mode will use the native android USB API.
2. Linux mode will parse /sys/bus/usb/devices/.
Each mode (Android/Linux) will provide slightly different information. For example Android mode will give you more information about a device's endpoints and interfaces, while Linux mode will give more information about the device itself (serial number, how it identifies itself, etc.)
Device Subclass resolution will be added in the next version.
I wrote this application as an exercise to explore fragments and the new USB host API. Hopefully it will be useful to someone else.
•The database is parsed from: http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
•All logos are the property of their respective owners
•Source code: https://github.com/alt236/USB-Device-Info---Android
Please email me with any bugs/problems/feature requests. I cannot reply to market comments which can make debugging difficult.
IF IT DOES NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE, PLEASE DO NOT RATE
It is not supposed to work on every device. If it does not work, please report (with log) here -> http://goo.gl/h6JTN
☆ See list of confirmed working devices: http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/confirmed-devices/
▌ IMPORTANT - ROOTED devices ONLY!!
What is rooting? Read here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting
▌ "USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated USB OTG, is a specification that allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices like a USB flash drive, mouse, or keyboard to be attached to them." - Wikipedia
▌Features [ Open Menu -> Settings to enable or disable. ]:
• Automatically start app on device connect [ See FAQ below ]
• Automatic mount [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ ]
• Mount and Unmount drive with a single click
• Full NTFS support! (FAT, Ext2/3/4 also if kernel supports)
• exFAT support! [ See FAQ to enable ]
• Notification when drives mounted!
• Load modules required automatically (from /system/lib/modules)
• Option to enable utf-8 mode (if kernel support)
• Automatically open the mounted drive [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ ]
• Media scanner triggered on mount [Active media scan in Donate version]
• One click debugging [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ below ]
• No Ads!
▌What phones are supported?
☆ Confirmed: http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/confirmed-devices/
Any phone in which kernel supports USB Mass storage (stock OR custom kernels OR with appropriate kernel modules)
If it works on your device, or you know of kernels or modules please give the details here -> http://goo.gl/h4xGl
☆ List of modules and kernels can be found here -> http://goo.gl/NXVEL
Please note that this app is an "Helper" app.. it will not magically make your kernel support USB Mass storage!
▌What are the requirements?
• root (su binary)
• supporting kernel / kernel modules
• USB OTG cable ( or direct card reader, see this kickstarter project and support them -> http://goo.gl/LPPrB )
☆ I will not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Do not use for a long time, u may risk burning the device chip/motherboard due to the voltage supply in host mode.
See -> http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/faq/
If still not working, send me debugging data (one-click for donate version)
If still something does not work, mail me. I cannot reply to feedback!
[ Translate to your language -> http://tinyurl.com/otg-translate ]
Greek - Nianios Romanos
Russian - Igor Nedoboy
Ukranian - Alexandr Tobolin (Toz1k)
Hungarian (Magyar) - Varga Zsigmond (Sigismund)
Italian - walpis
German - Patrick Oberdorf
SEO: usbotg, usb , otg, mass storage, mount, drive, NTFS, ntfs-3g, usb host, stickmount, shardul,
Frustrated by the lack of mass usb storage mounting in your android device? Well look no further. Now you can. You'll now recieve standard android notifications when you connect your device via usb. Mount and unmount with ease.
And as an added feature now you can automatically mount your sd card. Just plug your device in and up comes the file window on your computer. (this feature can come in handy for any rooted device)
---- ATTENTION ----
This will only work on rooted devices and requires a kernel that has the ums enabled. For Xoom users this means a kernel like Tiamat <= 1.40) For other rooted devices enjoy automount.
Applies to a feature with the Android 3.1 or later, and USB Host function. You may need to use a special cable features USB Host.
Bugs you have any interest http://twitter.com/SyncHack request. Thanks.
Starting from Android 3.1, applications can use functions of USB host, but many devices have this functionality disabled.
This application checks whether USB Host support is enabled. On rooted devices, an attempt to enable USB support can be performed.
This app will install custom kernel to your Nexus 7, that will add HID keyboard/mouse gadget functions to it's USB port.
No driver installation is needed for your PC.
It will work inside BIOS, inside bootloader, with any OS, and with any hardware - PC, Mac, Xbox, Chromebook, even with other Android devices through USB Host adapter.
Only Nexus 7 2012 WiFi with Android 4.4.2 is supported at the moment.
If your Nexus 7 is not rooted - follow installation instructions at:
If you have any other device, you may try to compile the kernel yourself, using kernel patch from this webpage.
Works best with Hacker's Keyboard: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard
I'm planning to add remote control functionality, with live camera feed,
so you can turn your Nexus 7 into an overpriced remote desktop / KVM switch solution.
* I tested CDC-ACM with Arduino UNO, MEGA, mbed.
test report : NXP LPC1769(thanks to mark)
When you connect a CDC-ACM device to Android, please select Menu -> Open Device.
If you have checked operation, please send me message.
- support CDC-ACM protocol(Arduino, mbed, PSoC etc.)(beta)New!
- support FTDI chips
- Baud rate (1200 - 115200 bps)
- Data bits, Parity Check, Stop bits, flow control, break options(not support in CDC-ACM)
- Display in character/decimal/hex notation.
- send a result by e-mail
- send/receive Linefeed code(CR/LF/CR+LF)
- font size option
You can connect Android to Arduino UNO.
And if you have an FTDI USB-Serial adapter(FT232RL), any microcomputers can be connect to Android by using this application.
Sparkfun - FTDI Basic Breakout
support FTDI chips
Q: Why my phone/tablet(Android 3.1 or upper) is incompatible?
A: Maybe, your phone/tablet does not have a USB Host API feature.
Q: But my phone/tablet supports a USB thumb drive, USB mouse and USB keyboard.
A: It's not a USB Host API. It's a Linux USB Host. Please check to see if your phone/tablet have a USB Host API.
Q: Can I get binary or source code?
A: Yes, It's open source. Please check my github page.
Q: How much max output current is?
A: smartphone type : 150 - 180mA(Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2)
tablet type : 400mA - 500mA? (ICONIA A500, Nexus 7)
If the FREE version does not work for you, then the FULL version will also not work!
A Step-by-Step installation guide: http://usbstick.hechler.de/installdoc/
This is a Plugin for Total Commander for Android! It works not standalone! DO NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
This Plugin is for tablets (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10) or phones (like Nexus 5) which have an USB OTG connector, but do not mount attached USB Sticks.
FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT formatted Sticks can be read and written to.
Reading and streaming from NTFS formatted Sticks is possible.
ROOT rights are NOT needed.
The filemanager Total Commander can be installed from the Play-Store: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander
Usage is at your own risk.
Do not use it with Sticks containing important data.
For more details look at the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de
About the permission "full network access": This is needed to open a local network socket for streaming. The plugin does not connect to the internet.
I made this tool for practice purpose and my own use.
※This tool is not usb driver.Please install usb driver if you can't connect device and pc.Usually you can download it from device vendor's site.
I got inquiry,so add notes.
At first, I try to make this tool as widget which can toggle USB Debug settings directly if you touch it.But I don't adapt it because it's not recommended way from Android 1.5. So I choose normal Activity which just finishes after calling Settings UI.
Zigbee Chip TI CC2531 can be used also. Provides the same functionality and the PC for serial communication terminal
- Supported chip: Silicon Laboratories(CP210X), FTDI(FT232), Prolific(PL2303)
- ARDUINO Support(FTDI, CDC/ACM)
- Supported phones: USB host support smart phones (Samsung galaxy2/galaxy 3/galaxy note / galaxy note2/Vega racer R3)
- Supported Android version: Android version 3.1 (API Level 12)
0. Quick Start
1) Please use the OTG cable to connect the usb device on your smart phone.
2) smart phone detect usb device, and then asks whether to run. Click OK to run the App.
3) Click the Settings button (wrench icon) of upper right corner in order to set serial communication.
4) Click the Save button.
5) Click the Connect button (phone icon) of upper right corner in order to connect to the device.
1. Main UI
- ASCII: Print received data as a ascii string.
- HEX: Print received data as a hexadecimal string.
- BIN: Print received data as a binary string.
- Connect Button(Phone icon):, connect to USB device. After connection this icon changed to close icon.
- Settings Button(Wrench icon): Serial communication setting window will open
- Upper(RX) CR, LF: Line separator configuration. process device to local system line separator conversion for received data before print text area
- Modem status buttons: show CTS, DSR, CD, RI pin status
- USB device description: USB device’s description window will open
- Clear received data:: Trash icon, clear all received data in text area
- Received data text area: print received data
- DTR/RTS button: control modem DTR/RTS status
- Lower(TX) CR/LF: Append line separator characters to transfer data
- Transfer(TX) Text input field: Enter the data(string, decimal, hexadecimal, binary) you want to transfer.
Transfer data is entered as a string by default.
Binary data is entered as shown below, you can enter in hex or binary or decimal
Decimal: @ +숫자 3-digit(0~255) ex) CR: @013
Hex: # + 2-digit hex, ex) CR: #0D
Binary: & + 8-digit binary, ex) CR: &00001101
※Escape @, #, &: insert twice in succession in order to send @, #, &
- Send Button(Right arrow icon): Transfer input data to USB device
- Macro buttons 1 ~ 7: Set macro(had entered the frequently used data in advance) to transfer text field
- Macro Edit Button(Pencil icon): Macro edit window will open
- Serial communication settings: Baud rate, Data bits, Parity, Stop bits, Handshaking Mode setting supported.
Select enable file logging for logging received data in the external storage path "[External Storage Root]/USBTerminal/RAW_YYMMDD_hhmmss.log".
- USB Descriptions: USB equipment specification window will open.
- Macro edit: edit transfer data macro that frequently used.
Macros can register up to seven.
- ASCII table: ASCII Code table.
ASCII code inserted to text field When you select a code,
and the window is closed, the inserted codes appended to tx text field
- Send Break: send long break
- Save Console Log: save current console content to the external storage path "[External Storage Root]/USBTerminal/CONSOLE_YYMMDD_hhmmss.log".
- Share Log File: share a saved log file to bluetooth, cloud services, email, ...
Q: Why my smart phone detect usb device?
A: Smartphones make sure it supports the USB Host.
In addition, the Android version 3.1 (API Level 12) from the USB Host support.
Occasionally on the smartphone does not recognize USB devices (eg Galaxy Note 1). Smartphone otg cable to connect to leave only the part that is connected to the equipment by unplugging and re-connect if you recognize that this case is.
Q: After installing your app, my another app that uses USB OTG stopped working.
A: Android won't re-recognize the device attached unless the OTG cable is physically removed and re-attached. (Thanks to Aki Niimura)
If you have a long-term or frequent data cable with plug SD card troubles, then please use the USB Sharp, USB Sharp can
Allow you to eliminate more trouble!
* Mobile phones and computers sharing a wireless router must be the same
* Only in Share UI through a browser interface to shared files
Has the following features:
**** Convenient and efficient file sharing
* Support WIFI file sharing (can achieve upload, download, delete, create folder manipulation)
* Support for file and folder sharing (via email, Bluetooth)
**** Convenient, efficient management documents
* Support for file and folder sorting (by name, time, size, file type)
* Support for editing files and folders (available to copy, cut, delete, rename, compress (zip), unzip (zip) operation)
* Support Select All and Deselect All operations;
* Support for audio and video, built-in player
**** Convenient and efficient text editing
* Support for text copy, cut, paste, replace
* Support for external files to copy and paste text
* Automatically select encoding text documents
*** New Text File (default encoding is UTF-8), pictures (by the camera) and folders
*** Support for Simplified Chinese, English
**** Off device for the root
* Support to obtain root privileges (to modify file and folder permissions to read and write)
USB Sharp Supported file formats:
Plain text:. Txt
Image:. Png. Jpg. Jpeg. Gif
Video:. Mp4. Mov. M4v .3gp
Audio:. Mp3. M4a. Aac
Web:. Htm. Html. Xhtml