* configure the information recorded in the log file
* configure the track point recording frequency
* download the track points to a binary format file
* generate a GPX file from the download
* store the binary and GPX files on your external SD card
* update the Assisted GPS (AGPS) data
* configure screen text sizes
I have posted additional screen shots and short instructional videos on my Google drive.
Please contact me if this app does not work with your MTK GPS device. Since the initial release the app has been modified to work with both GPS receivers and GPS loggers that do and do not have AGPS. The app has extensive execution tracing that can be turned on to assist with determining why the app isn't working.
This app also has crash logging. Please look at the app information for details on crash reporting. Emails with questions, suggestions and issues are welcome. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download failures on large track point downloads - 50,000+ points - are a known issue. Seems to be a Bluetooth communication issue with some device combinations. AGPS update on a Qstarz BT-Q1000XT also remains unresolved.
The GPX file created is good enough to show tracks on a map but it will not contain XML tags for all the data captured. Use the PC app bt747 to create a GPX file from the binary (.bin) download.
Revised the HTML version of the SETTINGS screen to improve useability and made it the default for small screen phones (less than 480x800 pixels). Screen size is no longer a restriction on phones with Android 4.0 or newer. Testing for this was with an LG E430 with a 240x320 3.2" screen. Bluetooth connection to GPS devices is still and issue with some tablets.
SETTINGS tab bug fix
added GPS restart functions to MAIN tab
Added a tab to make creating GPX files from previously downloaded binary files possible. Created an alternate SETTINGS tab for phones that cannot fully display the check-box layout. Expanded text size configuration to include separate configuration for each of the tabs. Numerous bug fixes.
Enabled GPX file recreation by changing this process from a check-box on the Download screen to a button that launches file selection and GPX file creation. The location of the binary download and GPX files can be set to separate folders on internal storage or the external SD.
allow 1 meter by distance recording frequency
fixes NMEA settings not showing on an HTC one phone.
extends the range of GPS devices by distinguishing between GPS receivers and GPS loggers, and the presence of AGPS data. Main screen font sizes are now configurable to resolve field value truncation on phones.
It keeps GPS/AGPS receiver turned on until location is fixed.
It is useful when your navigation app says "waiting for location" too often.
It shows the gps status.
It helps to work with Google Maps, RMaps, OsmAnd, Sygic, Yandex Maps and others navigation soft
It is free AD-SUPPORTED version.
Please buy GpsFix Deluxe to donate and remove ads.
keywords: quick gps find
* Download log data.
* Delete log data.
* Restart device.
* View logging settings and GPS status.
* Record raw NMEA sentenses.
*** This app does NOT work with cellphone/tablet's bulit-in GPS. Certain external GPS device is required! ***
• support for ozf2 maps (ozfx3 maps can be opened but not guaranteed)
• support for online maps
• support for SAS.Planet maps cache
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• track to route conversion
• route creation and manipulation
• works with waypoints, tracks and routes in Ozi format
• reads waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• HSI and compass
• configurable units
• UTM coordinates
• search for locations via Google geocoder
• location and waypoint sharing
• portrait and landscape modes
• tablet support
Functionality can be extended by plugins:
• receive coordinates via text messages (sms)
• receive coordinates from tracker devices
• share location in real time
Androzic is free and open-source. It is distributed under GNU GPL v3 license. More information can be found on http://androzic.com/
Caution! Modern versions of Img2Ozf generate maps in new encrypted format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
Converts track into route (OziExplorer *.rte or MapSource *.gpx)
Conversion *.plt в *.kml and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt в *.kmz and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to *.gpx and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to OziExplorer route*.rte,
Conversion *.plt to route *.gpx
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
Adds support for Genshtab (Soviet Military) online maps in scales of 250 m, 500 m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km, 10 km.
Map source has limited resources so tiles are downloaded not very fast.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map. Maps have limited coverage, you can check it by zooming map to the minimum scale.
This will help you to work with such programs as: SasPlanet, Google Earth, OziExplorer, 2Gis and
other navigation applications.
Additionally, you can view a map of "satellites", which are used to determine the current position, and the signal strength from them.
At the moment, for transmission of information the application uses the data transfer protocol - NMEA 0183.
The application supports the following NMEA messages:
GPGGA - Global Positioning System Fix Data
GPGLL - Geographic position, latitude / longitude
GPGSA - GPS DOP and active satellites
GPGSV - Detailed satellite data
GPRMC - Recommended Minimum Specific GPS/TRANSIT Data
GPVTG - Track made good and ground speed
GPZDA - Date and Time
Adds support for Thunderforest online maps:
• OpenCycleMap – award-winning global map for cycling.
• Transport – shows public transportation in great detail.
• Landscape – focused on information about the natural world - great for rural context.
• Outdoors – for all the outdoor enthusiasts - hiking, skiing and other activities.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map.
For more information visit: http://www.thunderforest.com/
Maps can be either PNG files (recommended) or JPEG files. It is also possible to use the devices built in camera to take a picture of a map, e.g., when standing in front of an information board.
A map can be calibrated either while walking around in the area covered by it, or beforehand if the gps coordinates are already known. Added reference points are automatically saved and can be used the next time the same map is loaded.
MapCalibrator now contains support for loading (really) high resolution images without down sampling them. This support must be enabled in the preferences and is only available on devices running Android 2.3.3 and higher. At the moment it only works for .jpg and .png images.
If you have any problems with the app, please contact me at MapCalibrator@gmail.com instead of posting things in the comments. It is very hard for me to solve problems if I don't get enough data to reproduce them.
It is simple app for everyone and for any use( dafault purpose is holiday and unknown places).
You can go and save places which you wish to record with some basic description and picture for full experience.
At first you need just to turn on a GPS .At exit .kml file is created in folder "Locations" on your sdcard .That file you can open with Google Earth for mobile or for PC .
Folow markers numbers and see where have you been ..
This app is my graduate work on Faculty of Technical Sciences Cacak and big thanks goes to Zeljko Jovanovic.
Downloaded logs will be converted to GPS format and saved it to the SD card on your smartphones/tablets. The GPX files can be used with other apps and web services.
Additionally, this app allows you to start/stop logging on your GPS device via Bluetooth. You can keep the GPS device in the bag and control it. It may be useful for outdoor sports such as climbing or cycling.
I tested this app with my Holux M-241 but i think there should be many bugs. If you found any crashes/bugs/problems, please let me know about them. I will try to fix them.
o Start/stop feature does not work on my devices!!
--> Reset GPS logger settings once. This might fix this problem.
o In rare cases, downloads process does not complete.
--> Workaround: None. Power cycle your GPS device. Will fix in the next release.
- Up-to-date list of earthquakes worldwide
- Geo-location of earthquakes
- Latest satellite images of all continents
- Information about maps and satellites
- Worldwide weather maps
- Current observations of the sun
- Warnings and alerts of severe weather conditions
- UV warnings
Internet connectivity is necessary
* Easier and more flexible waypoint and track manager: Allows mass editing, mass export/import from selection and better interface.
* Track elevation chart.
* Cleaner interface.
* Superb google directions interface with lots of options.
* Streetview with orientation support, for view, waypoint and track walking.
* Improved auto-compass, takes from internal or GPS.
* Easier and more flexible maps with directions
* New calculator
* 9 languages, russian added.
* Some old stuff removed (see the help file for details).
* Bluetooth support for external GPS
And as usual...
* Unlimited tracks,waypoints, compatible with Turbo GPS 2.
* Flight mode with vertical speed
* Google directions enhanced, along with Elevation, Geocoding and Directions requests.
* Import from KML/LOC/XML/TXT/GPX
* Export to KML/KMZ/LOC/XML/TXT/GPX
* Augmented Reality
* Pursuit and Tracking
* Wanderer mode and calculator.
* Sensor Explorer
* GR87 EGSA ΕΓΣΑ87 Support
* Bluetooth access for external bluetooth devices.
* Camera access for augmented reality.
* Record audio to be able to record messages while capturing waypoints.
* Check Phone State so PayPal donation and Registration can be checked.
* Change Wifi State so it can save your wifi networks as waypoints.
* Read/Write external storage so it can write information to your SD card.
* Read/Write contacts, so it can associate GPS positions with your contacts
* Access Internet/Wifi/Network state so things like OpenStreetMaps and GoogleMaps can work.
* Access Fine/Coarse location, so it gets a fix :)
* Access Mock location so it can access my Bluetooth GPS Provider or simulate tracks.