* configure the information recorded in the log file
* configure the track point recording frequency
* download the track points to a binary format file
* generate a GPX file from the download
* store the binary and GPX files on your external SD card
* update the Assisted GPS (AGPS) data
* configure screen text sizes
I have posted additional screen shots and short instructional videos on my Google drive.
Please contact me if this app does not work with your MTK GPS device. Since the initial release the app has been modified to work with both GPS receivers and GPS loggers that do and do not have AGPS. The app has extensive execution tracing that can be turned on to assist with determining why the app isn't working.
This app also has crash logging. Please look at the app information for details on crash reporting. Emails with questions, suggestions and issues are welcome. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download failures on large track point downloads - 50,000+ points - are a known issue. Seems to be a Bluetooth communication issue with some device combinations. AGPS update on a Qstarz BT-Q1000XT also remains unresolved.
The GPX file created is good enough to show tracks on a map but it will not contain XML tags for all the data captured. Use the PC app bt747 to create a GPX file from the binary (.bin) download.
Revised the HTML version of the SETTINGS screen to improve useability and made it the default for small screen phones (less than 480x800 pixels). Screen size is no longer a restriction on phones with Android 4.0 or newer. Testing for this was with an LG E430 with a 240x320 3.2" screen. Bluetooth connection to GPS devices is still and issue with some tablets.
SETTINGS tab bug fix
added GPS restart functions to MAIN tab
Added a tab to make creating GPX files from previously downloaded binary files possible. Created an alternate SETTINGS tab for phones that cannot fully display the check-box layout. Expanded text size configuration to include separate configuration for each of the tabs. Numerous bug fixes.
Enabled GPX file recreation by changing this process from a check-box on the Download screen to a button that launches file selection and GPX file creation. The location of the binary download and GPX files can be set to separate folders on internal storage or the external SD.
allow 1 meter by distance recording frequency
fixes NMEA settings not showing on an HTC one phone.
extends the range of GPS devices by distinguishing between GPS receivers and GPS loggers, and the presence of AGPS data. Main screen font sizes are now configurable to resolve field value truncation on phones.
To start with you will need AFTrack and the hardware.
Tested with Holux M241 and Qstarz Q1300. There is other hardware around. Please give it a try. It's free and works with both AFTrack versions.
Minimum Android version: 2.1
Android Market and/or Google account: -
Third-party libraries: -
Rooted device: -
Please send remarks to email@example.com
* Download log data.
* Delete log data.
* Restart device.
* View logging settings and GPS status.
* Record raw NMEA sentenses.
*** This app does NOT work with cellphone/tablet's bulit-in GPS. Certain external GPS device is required! ***
• support for ozf2 maps (ozfx3 maps can be opened but not guaranteed)
• support for online maps
• support for SAS.Planet maps cache
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• track to route conversion
• route creation and manipulation
• works with waypoints, tracks and routes in Ozi format
• reads waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• HSI and compass
• configurable units
• UTM coordinates
• search for locations via Google geocoder
• location and waypoint sharing
• portrait and landscape modes
• tablet support
Functionality can be extended by plugins:
• receive coordinates via text messages (sms)
• receive coordinates from tracker devices
• share location in real time
Androzic is free and open-source. It is distributed under GNU GPL v3 license. More information can be found on http://androzic.com/
Caution! Modern versions of Img2Ozf generate maps in new encrypted format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
Converts track into route (OziExplorer *.rte or MapSource *.gpx)
Conversion *.plt в *.kml and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt в *.kmz and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to *.gpx and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to OziExplorer route*.rte,
Conversion *.plt to route *.gpx
- Up-to-date list of earthquakes worldwide
- Geo-location of earthquakes
- Latest satellite images of all continents
- Information about maps and satellites
- Worldwide weather maps
- Current observations of the sun
- Warnings and alerts of severe weather conditions
- UV warnings
Internet connectivity is necessary
* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap - upload GPS traces
* Dropbox - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS - auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions - please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations - submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there's a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage - reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication - used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location - used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) - used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Your accounts - used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
Maps can be either PNG files (recommended) or JPEG files. It is also possible to use the devices built in camera to take a picture of a map, e.g., when standing in front of an information board.
A map can be calibrated either while walking around in the area covered by it, or beforehand if the gps coordinates are already known. Added reference points are automatically saved and can be used the next time the same map is loaded.
MapCalibrator now contains support for loading (really) high resolution images without down sampling them. This support must be enabled in the preferences and is only available on devices running Android 2.3.3 and higher. At the moment it only works for .jpg and .png images.
If you have any problems with the app, please contact me at MapCalibrator@gmail.com instead of posting things in the comments. It is very hard for me to solve problems if I don't get enough data to reproduce them.
Adds support for Genshtab (Soviet Military) online maps in scales of 250 m, 500 m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km, 10 km.
Map source has limited resources so tiles are downloaded not very fast.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map. Maps have limited coverage, you can check it by zooming map to the minimum scale.
If you're looking for an excellent gps tracker, if you're a fan of action sports and long distance travel - this app is for you!
Record tracks of your trips and share them with your friends!
Geotracker can help:
- making the reverse journey in an unfamiliar area without getting lost
- tell your friends how to repeat your route
- use someone else's route that is stored in GPX or KML
- mark important or interesting points of your trip.
The application is able to record, even when switched off. Very long tracks could be recorded without problems - you are limited by storage memory only. Recorded tracks are saved in GPX or KML format, so they can be used in certain applications such as Ozi Explorer or Google Earth.
When showing track on the map, the application keeps device backlight, which simplifies track navigation usage.
GeoTracker is based on public API of Yandex.Maps, so in trips over Russia and CIS countries you'll have the most detailed map of the area.
Application can calculate track statistics - boldly show off your achievements to your friends :)
- Max & average speed on the track;
- Time and average speed moving;
- Max & min altitude, altitude difference;
- Vertical distance, ascent & speed;
- Min, max & average slope;
There are also some fine charts of speed & elevation;
***If you have a proposal how to enchance the application or faced some problem - please feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!***
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
If you're looking for an excellent and lightweight GPS tracker, focused on accuracy and power saving - also made for long distance travels - this app is perfect for you!
This app is also the most accurate in determining your altitude. Try to enable EGM96 auto correction on settings, and compare it with other apps!
You can record all your trips, and load your logged tracks on Google Earth or in OpenStreetMap.
- Display of current GPS coordinates, Altitude and Speed;
- Display of several information about GPS fixes, like GPS date and time, number of connected satellites and accuracy;
- Customizable settings for visualization of Altitude and Coordinates;
- It can use Metric or Imperial units;
- It records tracks in both KML (Google Earth format) and GPX (OpenStreetMap format), and saves them in \GPSLogger folder;
- KML format: It records latitude, longitude and altitude of every point of your track;
- GPX format: It records latitude, longitude, altitude, speed and time of every point of your track;
- Automatic Altitude Correction, based on NGA EGM96 Earth Geoid Model. Enable it on Settings !!!
- Manual offset for manual Altitude Correction;
- Possibility to add Placemarks, with custom label, also while logging tracks;
- It runs also in Background, and it can continuously record for several hours;
Thanks to this app you can:
☆ Keep track of all your trips;
☆ Make accurate static and dynamic measurements;
☆ Add your placemark during the trip, to remember the best places you've seen;
☆ View your saved tracks, with Google Earth or with OpenStreetMap, and share them with your friends;
☆ Open your tracks in OpenStreetMap editor and collaborate on map editing;
- Copyright (C) 2014 BasicAirData - http://www.basicairdata.eu
- For addictional information about the app please see http://www.basicairdata.eu/mobile.html
- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. See the GNU General Public License for more details: http://www.gnu.org/licenses.
- The source code of this app can be downloaded on http://www.basicairdata.eu/mobile.html
- When The EGM96 Automatic Correction is selected for the first time into the Setting Screen, the geoid Height file is downloaded by the app from the NGA/NASA website. The size of that file is about 2 MB.
No annoying entries or functions. Just keep moving, and you will create a map of your life, only one in the world!
Mapping! records everywhere you go, building a one-of-a-kind map just for you.
No annoying entries or functions. Just keep moving to build a map of your life!
This app can make the little trips that you repeat every day, going back and forth to work or school, into a game.
Two ways to challenge yourself
● Heat Map Mode
The color of the route gets deeper the more you pass over it.
You can see at a glance the places you always go, the places you never go, and the places you went a long time ago.
It's fun to discover slightly different ways to get to school or work, or to take a walk somewhere a little different.
Stay on the same route and in a few days it will start to turn a beautiful color.
● Adventure Mode
It only shows where you actually go. You are building a map of the world with your footsteps.
The map area is a challenging enough 510,066,000 square kilometers. See if you can complete it. Start from where you live.
In both modes you can save a picture at any place you pass by at least once.
Post a pic of places you want to remember... Here is that weird subway entrance! This is a dangerous spot! This is a good spot to take a rest!
Tweet your screen shots to
TAG : Life log, GPS logger, Ingress
This can be used in outside of radio waves because use only GPS.
This is the free version of the limited functionality.
You can use all the features of the paid version in the "Mountain trip logger GOLD".
※Former name: Yamatabi logger
-Show current walking distance at the notification bar
-Display graphs of distance and speed and altitude (geoid corrected) and the pressure.
-Show result data on Chizroid, MyTracks and Google Earth.
-Export GPX/KML file
-Simple edit function.(Linking the measurements you've divided. Removal of the extra section. Simplify)
-Register to Google calendar
-Upload to LatLongLab. (Please install "Mountain trip logger connect" If it does not work)
-Walking for. For measurement interval is long, it is not suitable for use in high-speed movement, such as automobile
★A feature that is becoming available on GOLD
(1) chizroid real time update.
When you open in Chizroid map the log currently being measured, since then, the latest log will be automatically reflected in the screen of Chizroid.
It is possible to remain open map Lloyd, to confirm the trajectory of movement.
(2) Measure mode: Fine
It is a mode that allows measurement of one-second intervals in the shortest.
Battery will consume the minute, but you can take the log of fineness comparable to MyTracks etc.
(3) Battery monitor
To record the battery level during the measurement, it is also possible to display remaining graph and time prediction of up to battery power.
(4) Arrival alarm
To register arrival alarm, you add the location to Chizroid bookmark, and please select "Set alarm".
(5) Create widget
(6) Import GPX file
(7) Bluetooth transfer
Bluetooth transfer of result data to nearby smartphone or tablet.
(8) Mountain trip logger Smart2
To use SmartWatch2 and Tasker/Llama plugin app "Mountain trip logger Smart2", Mountain trip logger GOLD is required.
★How to migrate GOLD data recorded in free version
You can use the same data at free version and GOLD,
If preference of "Use SD card" is on at free version, you should turn on "Use SD card" at GOLD.
If preference of "Use SD card" is off (default) at free version,
You should turn on "Use SD card" at free version. And, recorded data will be copied to SD card.
And, you should start GOLD and turn on "Use SD card".
If you can watch the data correctly in GOLD, please uninstall the free version.
If has exist both, there is a possibility that defects unexpected occurs.
Alternatively, you can also not how to use an SD card, use and cloud-based backup feature, a copy by Bluetooth.
Please look at the official site for more information.
[Description of permission to use]
・precise location (GPS and network-based)
Used in the current position by GPS acquisition.
・add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge
Used in registration to Google Calendar. Do only registration. Read and change, it does not do.
・modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Used to read and store measurement data.
・modify system settings
Use with the switch to airplane mode.
・prevent device from sleeping
It is used to get the PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK the position when performing a search using GPS.
・run at startup
When it had restarted terminal unexpectedly during the measurement used to restart the measurement is automatically.
・access extra location provider commands
In the reset function with A-GPS update function, I use this.
I will ring the Vibe.
・view network connections/change network connectivity/view Wi-Fi connections
Used in the power saving function.
・access Bluetooth settings/pair with Bluetooth devices (GOLD only)
Used in the data transfer function via Bluetooth