Compass is called as -
1. होकायंत्र in Marathi (मराठी)
2. दिक्सूचक or कुतुबनुमा in Hindi (हिंदी)
3. নৌদিগ্দর্শী in Bangla (বাংলা)
4. હોકાયંત્ર in Gujrati (ગુજરાતી)
5. ਕੰਪਾਸ in Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ)
This is a good app for "Indian users" as it displays all 8 directions [दिशा] in above regional languages.
In marathi [मराठी] and Hindi [हिंदी]; we read all 8 directions [दिशा] as:
1. East = Purva (पूर्व)
2. North East = Ishanya (ईशान्य)
3. North = Uttar (उत्तर)
4. North West = Vayavya (वायव्य)
5. West = Pashchim (पश्चिम)
6. South West = Nairutya (नैऋत्य)
7. South = Dakshin (दक्षिण)
8. South East = Aagney (आग्नेय)
Use this app just like a real compass and for best results keep your device on a flat surface.
This is a very simple to use app and uses very less battery.
This app reads earth magnetic field using the 'Magnetic Sensor' inside your phone.
Hence this app will not work - in case if your device doesn't have 'Magnetic Sensor'.
Also, please note that objects such as - iron/steel peripherals or utensils, big speakers may influence the 'Magnetic Sensor' and cause app to point in wrong direction. In such case, please move away to avoid deviation.