The handbook includes information on controlled drugs, adverse drug reactions, interactions, communication skills, and confidentiality. It also features chapters on adherence, anaphylaxis, clinical trials, herbal medicines, patient management, pharmaceutical calculations, research, policy, and therapy related issues. Palliative care sections have been expanded to include symptom management and end-of-life pathways. Other new sections such as pharmacogenetics, thyroid disorders, and domiciliary oxygen therapy have been included. Complementing the current British National Formulary guidelines, the handbook gives prescribing points and linked concepts of relevance to clinical pharmacists. The content is evidence-based and contains a wealth of information from the authors' many years of clinical pharmacy experience.
-Provides practical, quick-reference information for daily use by pharmacists
-Complements the British National Formulary
-Contains vital guidelines on how to provide a clinical pharmacy service
-Includes key information on controlled drugs, adverse drug reactions, pharmacogenetics, symptom management and palliative care
New to this edition:
-Fully updated throughout, with current guidelines, references and further reading
-Includes a new chapter on pharmacogenetics
-Includes a new section on domiciliary oxygen therapy
-The expanded gastoinestinal chapter now features treatment of dyspepsia, gastric and duodenal ulcer, stoma care, and special consideration of drugs and stomas
-The expanded palliative care chapter now features symptom management, end of life pathways, syringe drivers, and compatibilities
Now fully updated for a second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy remains the indispensible guide to clinical pharmacy, providing all the information needed for practising and student pharmacists. Presenting handy practical guidance in a quick-reference, bullet-point format, it will supply the knowledge and confidence you need to provide a clinical pharmacy service.
Readership: Practising clinical pharmacists, pre-registration graduates, and pharmacy students. It will also serve as a useful reference for industrial pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and community pharmacists developing a clinical role.
Audience: This Oxford Handbook is intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors: Philip Wiffen, Marc Mitchell, Melanie Snelling, and Nicola Stoner
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks series.
MedHand applications improve your performance with relevant, valid material that is accessed quickly at the point of care!
Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers such as McGraw-Hill, RPS, PDR Network LLC, Wiley-Blackwell and more
- describe how antipsychotics work on the pathophysiology of schizophrenia to improve core symptoms
- identify the basic dopamine pathways and their relationship with efficacy versus side effects
- discuss a unique treatment option for antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia
- examine pharmacological characteristics of both 1st and 2nd generation antipsychotics
- discuss differences between the newer antipsychotics
- compare the mean increase in QTc prolongation for individual antipsychotics
- review treatment goals, guidelines for selection, and monitoring
- discuss unique pharmacological characteristics of vilazodone (Viibryd™) and vortioxetine (Brintellix™)
- review medication selection
- examine potential receptor targets
- describe the mechanism of antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction
Long-Acting Injectable Second Generation Antipsychotics
- aripiprazole monohydrate (Abilify Maintena™)
- olanzapine pamoate (Zyprexa® Relprevv™)
- paliperidone palmitate (Invega® Sustenna®)
- risperidone long-acting injectable (Risperdal® Consta®)
Second Generation Antipsychotic Oral Formulations
- iloperidone (Fanapt®)
- asenapine (Saphris®)
- lurasidone (Latuda®)
First Generation Antipsychotic Inhalation Powder
- loxapine inhalation powder (Adasuve®)
- vilazodone (Viibryd™)
- vortioxetine (Brintellix™)
All aboard! Come take a journey through the wonderful world of psychopharmacology!!!
Recommended by Appgovideo.com (http://www.appgovideo.com/)
EASY LOGIN FOR SUBSCRIBERS
• If you already have a user name and password, you may log in and download the Clinical Pharmacology database now.
• If you are a subscriber but do not have a user name and password, please go to the Clinical Pharmacology home page and click on CP Mobile App to create your user name and password.
• If your organization is not a current customer and you are interested in subscribing, please go to clinicalpharmacology.com to learn more.
Long trusted by over 2,000 hospitals and 35,000 retail pharmacies, Clinical Pharmacology offers easy-to-find answers to all drug questions from an editorial team consisting entirely of PharmDs. Clinical Pharmacology is the most current and comprehensive drug reference compendium available.
FAST, ACCURATE & RELIABLE
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile offers the fastest path to accurate answers and provides convenient access to the features and functionality that clinicians rely on most from Clinical Pharmacology, plus:
Time saved with smart search techniques, such as predictive type-ahead, results by concept, and scoped searching.
MULTIPLE SEARCH OPTIONS
Multiple ways of searching including by indication, adverse reaction, or drug classification.
EASILY DIGESTIBLE INFORMATION & ACTIONABLE DATA
Precise information without reading through a lot of text with interface that breaks drug monographs into sections broken out as cards, uses infographics to illustrate important concepts, and allows users to toggle and segregate by key concepts, such as Adult-Pediatric and On-Off Label Use.
USE POWERFUL TOOLS TO BUILD UNIQUE REPORTS
Tools based on evidence-supported clinical algorithms to build drug interaction reports with lifestyles for immediate feedback, quickly categorize and summarize interactions for easy scanning, tap through sorted “cards” for more information, and toggle to switch from professional to consumer view to share and consult with patients.
In addition, Clinical Pharmacology accounts for user actions and offers recently searched items and jump links or quick access to other sections in the application. And users can set update preferences in order to save data usage and battery life on mobile devices.
NEW CONTENT & UPDATES
Reference databases updated regularly. Stay tuned for new features and additional content!
Additional questions about accessing the application? Please reach out to your organization’s Clinical Pharmacology administrator or your supervisor, or use the link below to contact our customer support.
-Most accessible form of gaining drug information.
-Decrease drug-related problems.
-Creates a pharmacist – public friendly community.
-Can inspire youths to the profession.
-Educates public about drugs/side effects/benefits etc.
-To aid physicians; ensuring they’re aware of what’s available and allow suggestions of products based on clinical presentations.
More than 4 million paying customers from 175 countries.
You can subscribe to more than 500 apps for learning and training via GoLearningBus.Com.
GoLearningBus brings you a simple, crisp and to-the-point app for "Learn Pharmacology by GoLearningBus".
You have limited access to the content provided.
In guest mode you can access first chapter for free.
Login further to access second chapter of each app.
For full access to the content, please login and purchase this application.
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts
3. Simple and easy quizzes for self-assessment.
This app provides a quick summary of Pharmacology via easy to grasp snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Pharmacology,
Drugs for Central Nervous System,
Drugs for Autonomic Nervous System,
Drugs for Peripheral Nervous System,
Drugs for Kidney,
Drugs for Heart Diseases,
Drugs for Cancer,
Coagulants and Anticoagulants,
Drugs for Respiratory System,
Drugs for Gastrointestinal Tract,
This app will access your personal information like first name, last name, and Email id.
For more details you may refer our privacy terms at http://golearningbus.com/tou.html.
Why GoLearningBus apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Enjoyable, Entertaining and Exciting apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
★ ★ ★ GoLearningBus Vision : simpleNeasy Apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ To make education enjoyable, entertaining, and exciting for everyone. ★ ★ ★
Visit us : www.GoLearningBus.com
Please write to us at Team@WAGmob.com. We would love to improve this App.
This App gives complete prescribing information for all medicines for free. Drug on Drug Interactions and Warnings are also flagged within this free version. 30/90/180 day subscriptions are available to purchase in-app starting at £1.49 which will enable full details and recommendations for the Interactions along with all Warnings. The App's Data Pack is updated monthly for free and your license will continue to work for it's duration, ensuring you have uninterrupted access to the latest data. You will be prompted for each new updated Data Pack.
No Quibble Guarantee! - If you are not satisfied with this app we will refund your purchase!
BNF / MIMS in your pocket! - Plus Much More!
Drug on Drug interaction & medicines warning tool for all medical and healthcare professions.
This is the UK database - for the Irish database please search for Infomed Mobile Assist IE
• Comprehensive Drug-Drug interaction warnings.
• Prescribing Information-indications, contraindications, side-effects, dosage.
• Crushing of medicines information– Can be crushed/Do not Crush.
• Falls in the elderly warning-medicines risk information.
• Medicine use review prompts.
• Photosensitivity warnings and advice.
• Pregnancy and Breastfeeding warning information.
• Driving warning-effects of medicines.
• Sport information-use of medicines.
• Search complete database by brand name, generic name or therapeutic category.
• Medicines database information is updated every month.
• App works offline, no need for internet connection except for monthly updates.
All of our applications use our drug databases that are compiled, verified and updated by one of our founders Peter Weedle (B.Pharm., LL.M., Ph.D., MR.Pharm.S, MPSI. Adjunct Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, UCC.) These databases are currently used by thousands of pharmacies and have been in use for over 20 years. Over 100-million prescriptions have been checked and verified for drug interactions using our databases. They are updated regularly by our team of pharmacists to ensure that all newly introduced drugs are included as soon as possible.
Drug Interactor | Falls in the Elderly | Pregnancy Warnings | Breastfeeding Warnings | UK Drug / Medicines Database | Drug Interactions | Medicines Use Review | MUR | Medicines Whilst Driving | Medicines in Sports | Medicines and Photo-sensitivity
Download our free App to read more about us and our services. You can also make enquiries, request a meds-check appointment, claim loyalty rewards, read and leave reviews, track and attend our latest events of interest, send us a photo of your prescription so it's ready for you to pickup, check out our sponsors and other community involvements.
- Quickly contact us or get directions to us
- Make enquiries
- Use our stamp based loyalty system to claim rewards
- Track and attend our latest events of interest
- Use our ScriptCam so your prescription can be prepared in advance
- Read about our community involvement and sponsors
- Request a meds-check appointment
The Clinical Pain Advisor app aggregates the best pain management information from several partners including free CME/CE courses from myCME.com and drug information from eMPR.com, plus all of the content from our website.
With the Clinical Pain Advisor app, you get access to:
• Concise drug monographs
• Daily news
• Full-length feature articles
• Unique pain case studies
• Conference coverage
• Relevant clinical charts
• Continuing medical education (CME) activities
Our mission is to offer the most recent clinical research news and evidence-based guidance that will aid health care professionals in the management of neurologic conditions.
Haymarket Media offers a wide range of authoritative publications and services for the professional medical community including Monthly Prescribing Reference (MPR), Clinical Advisor, for nurse practitioners and physician assistants, Chemotherapy Advisor, Oncology Nurse Advisor and Renal and Urology News.
1. Drugs details (Indications, Dosage & administrations, Contraindications, Side effects, Precautions & warnings, FDA pregnancy category, Therapeutic class, Pack size & price).
2. Search Drugs (Search by Brand name, Generic name or Condition).
3. Drugs by Brands (A-Z brands).
4. Drugs by Generics (A-Z generics).
5. Drugs by Classes.
6. Drugs by Conditions.
7. Favourite Drugs (Bookmark any brand names).
8. Medical events (Information of international medical events).
9. Feedback (Can directly post your valuable suggestion, advice & comments).
10. Advance search (Can choose different search categories).
DIMS (Drug Information Management System) is the premier mobile drug index apps of Bangladesh for instant clinical drug information references. It is developed by "TWgBD (Telemedicine working group of Bangladesh)". DIMS is the most comprehensive, advanced and up-to-date information source on available and recent drug products to serve the healthcare & pharmaceutical professionals in the country. DIMS delivers frequently updated, comprehensive, practical information on over 20,000+ brand name and 1400+ generic drugs to help you find complete & recent information about drugs at the ease of your fingertips.
DIMS is an mobile drug index apps, to be used only as a reference aid and educational purpose and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; neither intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional judgment and should not be relied upon solely for final treatment decisions.
The clinical information contained in the information is intended as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the knowledge, expertise, skill, and judgment of physicians, pharmacists, nurses, or other healthcare professionals involved in patient care.
We used reliable & authentic data sources and company literatures. Although great effort has been made in compiling and checking the information contained in this apps to ensure that it is accurate, the publisher, the authors, editors and their servants or agents shall not be responsible or in any way liable for the continued currency of the information or for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in this website whether arising from negligence or otherwise howsoever, or for any consequences arising there from.
A LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INDEPENDENTLY REACHING ANY MEDICAL JUDGMENT, AND FOR ANY RESULTING DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENTS, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY USE OF THE CONTENT BY SUCH MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. BY USE OF THIS APPS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS APPS MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES AND OTHER ERRORS.
The Clinical Advisor app aggregates the best NP and PA information from several partners including free CME/CE courses from myCME.com and drug information from NPPR/PAPR, plus all of the content from our website and print journal.
With the Clinical Advisor app you can:
• Take Derm Dx Quizzes to learn about difficult-to-identify dermatology conditions, and then see how you performed against your peers.
• Use Medical Calculators to assess liver function, convert HbA1C to mean plasma glucose, evaluate BP, determine BMI and more.
• Read the latest news about breakthrough treatments, disease outbreaks, drug approvals and recalls, and clinical research.
• Use the Medical Slideshows to educate patients in-office about clinically relevant topics, including the detrimental effects of smoking, the benefits of breastfeeding, diabetes complications and healthy lifestyle tips, etc.
• Access hundreds of NP- and PA-specific accredited courses from the myCME education library and claim your certificate instantly.
• Search the NPPR/PAPR drug database
Don’t forget to register for the monthly updates to get the latest clinical cases, CME/CE courses and drug information!!
Also included in this app are over # 130 questions on drug pharmacology. These quizzes are broken down into random 10 question segments.
I hope this app helps you in your pharmacy education.
Please check out our companion app: DRUG INFORMATION FLASH CARDS
Pharmacy Top 200 Drug Information Flashcards provides you with concise but pertinent information on common prescribed drugs. The flashcards are grouped in chapters based on the drug class.
The followings are covered for each drug:
• Dosage Range
• Memorable side effects
Also provided in the appendixes are QT prolongation causing drugs, CYP450 enzymes inhibitors and inducers, and contraindications for estrogen therapy.
Right now, there are only nine cards on the apps but I will be adding additional new cards in the near future.
Included cards are:
• HelpRx Drug Discount Card
• Pets Drug Discount Card
• Medication Card
• Agelity Rx
• FamilyWize card
• Rxrelief card
Since the app is free, download and start saving money on your prescription drugs.
This app is a comprehensive Ethiopian news app that brings all news including headlines, sports and business news to your smartphone. With this Ethiopian News app, there is no need to visit these individual websites for their content.
Get up to date news from Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Mek'ele, Adama, Gondar, Awasa, Bahir Dar, and others
Welcome News app are full text.
This following countries are covered:
Trinidad & Tobago
U.S Virgin Is.
Since Africa is a big continent blessed with many natural resources and landscapes, there is lot of information to pick from.
So test your knowledge and see how well you know your African facts.
Más noticias son artículos completos. Cubrimos todos los estados de Argentina, desde Buenos Aires hasta Tucumán
Most news are full articles. We cover all the states in Venezuela, from Anzoátegui to Zulia
Bangladesh News App covers all parts of Bangladesh.
Right now we have news coming from BBC Bangla, Manabzamin, Amader Shomoy BD News24, Ittefaq, Amardesh, Jugantor, Kalerkantho, Bangladesh Protidin, and extra.
The best Bangladesh news app period. Download and enjoy.
PortScript app provides platform to make it easy for patients to communicate with their independent pharmacies. Just the apps for CVS or Walgreens, PortScript app makes it easy to refill your prescription(s) from your smartphone. With PortScript, you can also send in new prescription with all your information so the pharmacist will have it ready before you get to the store.
For more information, visit www.portscript.com
This application is San Paulo comprehensive news app that brings all the news including headlines, sports and business news for your smartphone. With this app, there is no need to visit these individual websites for their content.
Comprehensive Singapore news app that brings all news including headlines, sports, entertainment, and business news to your smartphone. With this app, there is no need to visit these individual websites for their content.
Singapore News feed are full content from these sites:
Comprehensive Thai news app that brings all news including headlines, sports, entertainment, and business news to your smartphone. With this app, there is no need to visit these individual websites for their content.
Thai News feed are full content from these sites:
Comprehensive Punjab news app that brings all news including headlines, sports, entertainment, and business news to your smartphone. With this app, there is no need to visit these individual websites for their content.
Punjabi News feed are full content from these sites:
Get up to date news from Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Kimberley, and others
South African News app are full text.