Ahora disponible en español.
-- Featured by Firechief.com (11/14/12)
-- Featured by Wildlandfireleadership.com (10/2012)
-- American Red Cross Releases 'Wildfires' App, Helps You Keep Your Cool When Things Get Hot – AndroidPolice
-- One of the top 51 new Android apps – AndrioidPolice (10/2012)
--Red Cross Wild App Brigs Help at the Touch of a Screen – Occupational Health and Safety online
-- Red Cross Wildfire App Brings Help at the Touch of a Screen – Shetechonline
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
-- Permissions --
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you wildfire alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
The Advanced Fire Monitoring System (AFIS) is a satellite-based fire information tool (afis.co.za) that provides near real-time fire information to users across the globe. The AFIS app integrates the various AFIS services in a fully-featured, easy-to-use mobile application.
• Today's fire danger index displayed on a map for locations you define, including your current location.
• Fire danger forecasts based on daily numerical weather forecast inputs (e.g. wind speed, air temperature, relative humidity) and fire statistics for your locations, or wherever you drop a pin on the map.
• Satellite-detected real-time active fires displayed around your defined locations.
• Current vegetation “curing” or dryness relative to 14 years of satellite-derived vegetation greenness data.
• Detailed information about detected fires (e.g. intensity and time of detection).
• Fire history showing a location's fire events in the last 14 years in relation to historical vegetation curing using graphs, as well as statistics such as fire count, frequency and time since last burn.
• A fire danger calculator which allows anyone with access to weather information to calculate their own fire danger ratings based on their local measurements.
• Share observations of fire with the community by uploading geotagged photos to the AFIS Web Viewer. (Photos are available after being moderated.)
• A global map of fire counts for the last 14 years.
AFIS now provides global fire information, but if any data seems to be missing, please let us know at email@example.com. Please note that land cover is only available for the United States and South Africa.