Our app uses RSS Feeds from Emergency Services around Australia, Not suitable for tablets
Major Alerts are also delivered by Push Notification to your android device
*Severe Weather Warnings
*Severe Thunderstorm Warnings
*Easy to use and Load
See Active Advisories From The NWS:
*Type Of Advisory And When It Expires
*Detailed Description Of Advisory
6 Animated Overlay Options:
*High-Res Radar *Satellite
*Global Satellite *Visible Satellite
*Current Temps *Current Winds
8 Non Animated Options:
*NWS Advisories *NWS Warning Polygons *Snow Depth
*Dew point *Humidity *Wind Chill *Heat Index
*Sea Surface Temps *Current Chlorophyll
*Storm Cells *Storm Reports *Climate Records
* Detailed Weather Forecasts
* NWS Watches, Warnings and Advisories
* Hourly Forecasts
* Weekend Only Forecasts
* 10 Day Forecasts
Disclaimer: Not recommend for non US locations. In addition radar and most map overlays are currently only supported over the continental USA, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
The Advanced Fire Monitoring System (AFIS) is a satellite-based fire information tool (afis.co.za) that provides near real-time fire information to users across the globe. The AFIS app integrates the various AFIS services in a fully-featured, easy-to-use mobile application.
• Today's fire danger index displayed on a map for locations you define, including your current location.
• Fire danger forecasts based on daily numerical weather forecast inputs (e.g. wind speed, air temperature, relative humidity) and fire statistics for your locations, or wherever you drop a pin on the map.
• Satellite-detected real-time active fires displayed around your defined locations.
• Current vegetation “curing” or dryness relative to 14 years of satellite-derived vegetation greenness data.
• Detailed information about detected fires (e.g. intensity and time of detection).
• Fire history showing a location's fire events in the last 14 years in relation to historical vegetation curing using graphs, as well as statistics such as fire count, frequency and time since last burn.
• A fire danger calculator which allows anyone with access to weather information to calculate their own fire danger ratings based on their local measurements.
• Share observations of fire with the community by uploading geotagged photos to the AFIS Web Viewer. (Photos are available after being moderated.)
• A global map of fire counts for the last 14 years.
AFIS now provides global fire information, but if any data seems to be missing, please let us know at email@example.com. Please note that land cover is only available for the United States and South Africa.
* NASA Terra and Aqua satellite observations for the last 24/48 hours
* Beautiful 400+ megapixel true satellite imagery of the Earth
* Quick and easy panning and zooming on the map using standard gestures
* Map overlay with country and state borders and populated areas
Wildfire Map is ad-supported and FREE for anyone!
* Enable positioning in Android settings to enable "My location".
* Slow Android devices may experience a slight delay when starting the application.
* Exit the app using the home button to speed up re-opening the app.
* An internet connection is needed to update fire location data every 60 minutes.
* The map imagery is built-in - no additional downloads required besides the initial installation and fire location updates.
DISCLAIMER: Wildfire Map is intended for educational purposes only. Never use Wildfire Map to protect yourself, other people, animals or property from natural disasters like a wildfire or other threats the app may indicate. In case of emergency, always obtain and follow instructions from the appropriate authorities.
Ahora disponible en español.
-- Featured by Firechief.com (11/14/12)
-- Featured by Wildlandfireleadership.com (10/2012)
-- American Red Cross Releases 'Wildfires' App, Helps You Keep Your Cool When Things Get Hot – AndroidPolice
-- One of the top 51 new Android apps – AndrioidPolice (10/2012)
--Red Cross Wild App Brigs Help at the Touch of a Screen – Occupational Health and Safety online
-- Red Cross Wildfire App Brings Help at the Touch of a Screen – Shetechonline
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
-- Permissions --
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you wildfire alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
- Pronóstico del Tiempo
- Rutas de Tormentas y Huracanes
- Sismos, terremotos y actividad volcánica mundial
- Incendios forestales
- Imágenes de satélite:
-- GOES Infrarrojo
-- GOES Visible / Nubes
-- GOES Vapor de Agua
- Modelos Climaticos:
-- TRMM de NASA
- Marea Roja (Red Tide)
Currently the app shows weather and forest fire risk for the whole of Europe and flood risk in Germany, France, England and Wales