• Log your location from GPS, Wifi or cell-id (tells you how accurate the fix is).
• Low battery usage, with configurable timeouts.
• Can manually edit location by dragging marker on a map.
• Attach a name and description with current timestamp.
• Log multiple trips.
• Edit or delete old posts.
• Save as KML file to SD card:
• KML file can then be Sent via email, or anything else you have installed like Dropbox.
• KML files can be imported to Google Earth and other similar applications.
• Time-stamp of each post saved so Google Earth animations and timelines can be used.
• View trip on Classic Google Maps.
• Support widgets to open New Post of multiple trips.
• Share a KML file from another app to this one.
It is not a battery hogger as it doesn't continually log your location, perfect for travelling in remote parts of the world, or long periods away from power. It also doesn't need internet (unless you want to view trip in google maps, or send it via email etc), perfect for travel abroad where data roaming costs plenty.
Why you need Travel Blog?
There are many uses of Travel Blog. Whenever you want to record your location manually (only record the interesting bits), this is the app for the job! You can then look at your trips directly on your phone, or share them with others.
If, like me, you like to use all the free technology available to you, here is a more involved use case example:
You are going on a long holiday abroad. You have your Android phone with you, but know the battery doesn't last long, and you can't afford the data roaming charges. You would like to record where you went or keep your family and friends abreast of your travels. So you can set up your own travel blog on Blogger. You can also set up your own Dropbox account which is online place to store files. By now your using the Travel Blog app, and are recording your location (say your hotel, favourite beach, day trip to a city, weekend trip to the mountains etc etc). You come across Wifi access in your hotel, cafe or train - now you can send your Travel Blog trip file to Dropbox. If you have no Wifi access, you decide to plug your phone into a PC at the local cyber cafe, and transfer the file manually to the PC, and from there to Dropbox.
Now before you went away, you set your up your blog website with a link to the Google Maps search of you Dropbox Travel Blog file: In Dropbox, copy the link to your KML file by going to share... Now in Google Maps (Classic or My Maps), enter this copied link into the Search Maps box and hit enter. This is your map, and you can now share this map. Goto Link, and either embed the HTML into your Blog website, or just share the link in emails, or on your blog website.
As long as you also overwrite the same file in Dropbox with your updated Travel Blog trip, your Blog website will always be up-to-date, and won't need changing each time to point to a new file. Genius!
WE HAVE NOW GONE OPEN-SOURCED! TAKE PART IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ADDITIONAL FEATURES! See http://code.google.com/p/travel-blog-android/
Contributions so far from Avinash Chopde - Thanks for your work!
Any problems or suggestions, please see our open-source pages at http://code.google.com/p/travel-blog-android/ and our google groups mailing list at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/travel-blog-android
Chronicle your traveling adventures by collecting and mapping your:
Swarm / Foursquare check-ins
Upload multiple photos that you take offline and Jauntlet will automatically use the time and location of the photos to display them on your travel map and journal.
Make your travel journal and photos private and viewable only by select friends and family.
Your friends can follow your travel blog on the web or they can view a complete micro-blog on their Facebook newsfeed if you post it there.
Have a complete travel journal of your trip with maps and photos in your pocket or backpack to show other travelers whom you meet on the road.
Update your travel blog on your phone or tablet while traveling and use the Jauntlet.com website at home to do your blogging.
Use "travel bucket lists" to plan your trip and route, or to keep track of travel destinations that you want to visit.
Explore popular travel destinations and follow the travel blogs of other bloggers on their journeys.
Are you obsessed with travel, infatuated with adventure and long for a getaway? Join Tripoto – The Global Travel Community. Real travelers from around the world share their travel stories, tips, travel guides and maps on Tripoto. Discover thousands of off-beat destinations in every continent.
JOIN TRIPOTO: THE GLOBAL TRAVEL COMMUNITY
Tripoto is designed by travelers, for travelers.
· Tripoto is FREE, and always will be
· Incredibly intuitive and easy to use
· Thousands of off-beat destinations to explore around the world.
· Maps, guides, tips, stories, photos, budget. Everything you need to plan your trip.
· Connect with a well-travelled, truly global community. Send messages, share tips, tag friends
· Real travelers who’ve been everywhere. Seriously. Explore Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Australia, North & South America and Europe. Yes, Antarctica.
· Thousands of stunning travel photos and inspirational stories
· Browse trips by category, budget, duration
· Find exactly what you are looking for. Backpacking, Adventure, Culture, Beach holidays, Family trips, Getaways and much more
Countries and destinations covered in the Tripoto travel app:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Trinidad and Tobago
With the Traveloca Travel Blog App you get these Features:
# Easy to register in minutes.
# Start as much free travel blogs as you need.
# Automatically map your entries.
# Automatically assign entries to country and city you currently stay.
# Share your posts with others via message, mail, Twitter, Facebook or another social network.
# Easy upload unlimited amount of pictures and videos.
# Comment on your entries or reply to other commentators.
# Blog about everything you want on travel topic.
# Write new posts online and offline.
# Save posts as draft or publish right from the app.
# let others follow your travel blog.
# and much more...
Start your own free travel blog now easily from you Android tablet or smartphone and get all this features for free.
1) Add posts to your diary
2) Each post can have text and images
3) Edit and delete posts
4) Share single posts with your friends and family by email
5) Organise posts in trips
5) Create and manage separate trips
6) Export, backup and import data to your SD card
7) Change colors of your diary
8) Add a description to each image
This app will not allow you to:
1) Add videos and maps to your posts (not yet!)
2) Share your posts on social networks
--> Please note that you currently can't synchronise your diaries with your other devices. Use the "export" and "import" functions to migrate your data from your old to your new device.
Your data is yours and yours only.
Did you enjoy using 'Travel Diary' on your trip? How could I improve it? Please get in touch!
Find Penguins is an amazing network for travellers. Whether you're gone for weeks, months or years, blog your "footprints" any places you wish, adding your stories and favorite photos.
Because internet is limited while travelling, you can also set footprints offline!
Let your friends follow your trips and keep track of their adventures yourself. Sharing also works with non FindPenguins members through our desktop site.
• Create your personal travel journal
• Blogging your "footprints" also works offline
• Never miss updates thanks to our news feed
• Control who can see your posts
• Your travel route is neatly visualized on a map
• Take advantage of a fully synchronized website profile
• One account for all your life's trips
• Follow, like and comment on your friends' travels
• Unlimited uploads
• And much more...
Sign up now, it's free!