★ About the Author ★
If it’s cooking in LA, Patrick Green has been involved, having authored the first edition of Night + Day LA guidebooks, while contributing to Citysearch, Angeleno, la.com, Sheckys, and Digital City AOL. He prides himself as the love child of Anthony Bourdain and Charles Bukowski with Guy Fieri as the surrogate.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Our free Los Angeles Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacy.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help you discover Los Angeles.
Features of Los Angeles City Guide guide
☆ City attraction list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
- Night club
- Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Offline city info and attraction list
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ ☆ ☆ What people are saying about our guides: ☆ ☆ ☆
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp Alptekin: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka' Ganteng: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank Gonzales Martinez "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Hair Luis Eguiluz Ricalde "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor Resende "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Los Angeles (i/lɔːs ˈændʒələs/, /lɔːs ˈæŋɡələs/ or i/lɒs ˈændʒəliːz/; Spanish: [los ˈaŋxeles], which is written Los Ángeles, Spanish for The Angels), often known by its initials L.A., is the most populous city in the U.S. state of California and the second most populous in the United States, after New York City, with a population at the 2010 United States Census of 3,792,621. It has an area of 469 square miles (1,215 km2), and is located in Southern California. The city is the focal point of the larger Los Angeles–Long Beach–Santa Ana metropolitan statistical area and Greater Los Angeles Area region, which contain 12,828,837 and nearly 18 million people respectively as of 2010, making it one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world and the second largest in the United States. Los Angeles is also the seat of Los Angeles County, the most populated and one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the United States, while the entire Los Angeles area itself has been recognized as the most diverse of the nation's largest cities. The city's inhabitants are referred to as Angelenos.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
The city of Los Angeles (also known simply as L.A., and nicknamed the "City of Angels") is the most populous city in California. Located on a broad basin in Southern California, the city is surrounded by vast mountain ranges, valleys, forests, beautiful beaches along the Pacific Ocean, and nearby desert.
The metropolitan area is the second-most populous in the United States and home to over 17 million people who hail from all parts of the globe. The metropolitan area is spread across Los Angeles County, Orange County, and parts of San Bernardino County, Riverside County, and Ventura County.
Los Angeles is an important center of culture, business, media, and international trade, but it is most famous for being the center of the world's television, motion picture, and recording industry, which forms the base of its status.
This is very useful for those who live in Los Angeles and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news (Los Angeles Time, NBC, La.com, Twitter, Flickr, etc.)
- City Map with top attractions (coming soon)
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Torino.
- Public Transport (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Autority, Amtrak)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info (main sights, history, geography, climate)
- Most useful Link
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (9 sights)
* Los Angeles Nightclubs (7 sights)
* Live Music Venues (8 sights)
* Art Galleries (7 sights)
* Los Angeles Museums Tour (7 sights)
* Comedy Clubs (6 sights)
* Hollywood Landmarks (7 sights)
* Specialty Shops (7 sights)
* Los Angeles Theaters (6 sights)
* Movie Studios Walking Tour (7 sights)
* Places of Worship (7 sights)
* Los Angeles Architecture (7 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
You can browse 30 Los Angeles sights and places we picked for you, read complete background info about them or LA itself, check out photos and links to other places on web.
GPS enabled Google Maps provide additional travel experience. You can locate your GPS position, and let the app guide you to the nearest sight, either by walking or driving to. It’s perfect solution if you haven’t planned sightseeing in details, and want to jump to the nearest interesting place.
Just tap any sight on its map icon to get more info and GPS navigation to it.
- 30 best places to see in Los Angeles
- History, photos and links about places
- Navigate using GPS and Google Maps
★ Display all available camera in map and display selected live image
★ Distinguish traffic condition in red (congestion), yellow (moderate) or green (smooth)
★ View up to 10 camera images store in favorite list with every 3 minutes auto refresh.
★ Traffic condition with user-defined area in multiple pane (up to 4 panes) view in one screen
► Internet connection to retrieve camera images from web server.
If you're looking for the fastest way from point A to B, forget it. Our Get Outta Town series is all about finding the most scenic routes and the cool stops along the way. Our local scouts share their best-kept secrets with you.
There are plenty of things to do in Los Angeles, but don’t forget to head outside the city. Our Los Angeles day trips are all you need. We even tell of the best places to stop along the way, from Cleveland National Forest, Angeles National Forest and Devils Punchbowl to Idyllwild, San Bernardino Mountains and the famed motorcycle hangout, the Rock Store.
Whether you’re hitting the road solo, traveling with friends or have the kids in tow, we've handpicked the best scenic road trip for your adventure.
Get Outta Town Features:
• Routes that average 100-300 miles and showcase must-see points-of-interest
• Route Overview Map that lets you easily see where each route begins
• Your Location Pointer in relation to the route/map (with location services enabled)
• Turn-by-Turn directions
• Navigation capability to Starting Point and Nearest Point on the route
• Navigation capability to “Take Me There” for points-of-interest
• Download data capability in case of Internet connection failure
• Photo image and view gallery
• Facebook interface to share a picture, your location and to comment
Note: Separate log-in required.
This app requires the user to Sign Up and create an account to access the library and obtain updates.
It’s time to see the stars—the ones in the sky.
If you want a personalized application of your city with your logo and link to your website to make a contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Los Angeles city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Los Angeles
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in the United States or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
Los Angeles is one of those cities you just can't get enough of. Being the second most populous city in the United States and probably its most important entertainment hub, you should expect plenty of things to see and do. These tours will show you both the famous and the unknown attractions, give you an introduction to the city's fascinating history and entertain you with stories about the people and the buildings that make Los Angeles the bustling, exciting and ever-changing city it is.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
More from developer
Including Fantastic Agates, Aquamarines, Kunzite, Quartz, Amethyst, Herkimer Diamonds, Gold, Cinnabar, Tourmaline, Garnets and more!
Also, the complete 146 page BOOK "Treasured Minerals" - a lovely guide through the minerals of the Russ Behnke Collection, which you can view at http://www.russbehnke.com/
Mineral shows, local clubs, information, dealer links and common fakes, all in one easy to navigate app! This is not some list of random websites, this is our personal guide to mineral collecting. If you are new to the hobby or a seasoned pro, you'll find this list of resources to be highly valuable and worth putting on your desktop!
Easy access links to all the great mineral websites like Mindat.org, The-Vug.com and http://www.gemsnail.com
Liquidation Auctions from the OVERFLOWING warehouses of fine minerals at The Arkenstone - Along with fine gemstones and minerals from Brian and Brett Kosnar of Mineral Classics!
It is unique, it only comes from one location on earth!
Tanzanite is actually the mineral Zoisite.
Tanzanite is the trade name given to it by the jewelry industry to celebrate the new gemstone, discovered in the late 1960's.
This app gives you tons of great photos, a description of the deposit, a great list of minerals found at the location, along with photos, information about the heat treatment done and why heat makes the zoisite crystals blue.
You can view over 100 photos of mineral specimens and read their descriptions, or turn the descriptions off to view them in full, uninterrupted splendor!
You can email, facebook, and share the photos via social media and save them as wallpaper on your phone!
Where To Buy Minerals brings you reliable dealers and the freshest minerals several times each week! Check out this FREE app for the newest minerals online!
Direct Links to Http://wheretobuyminerals.com Http://gemsnail.com and Two of the best eBay dealers online!
Dealing minerals since 1989, online since 1998, one of the original online mineral dealers known for some of the very best mineral offerings online and at mineral shows around the world.
Brought to you by Green Mountain Minerals - Dylan and Nick Stolowitz - Dealers in Fine Minerals from around the world. Amazing photos by the world famous photographer Jeff Scovil!
Visit them at http://GreenMountainMinerals.com or at fine minerals shows worldwide.
All auctions start for only ONE DOLLAR! Auctions always end on Thursday evenings!
Professional Mineral Dealers snipe these auctions for fine minerals they can sell for MORE on their websites! Award winning competition cases sport minerals won from MineralMan999's auctions on eBay, there is no better place to bid on fine minerals than in MineralMan999's eBay shop!
Check out this app for the gallery of mineral specimens and quick links and weekly reminders to MineralMan999's eBay Auctions
Download this app BEFORE you need it!
*Emergency Vet Locations - Phone #, GPS Navigating
*Basic Dog First Aid - CPR - What to do!
*Tips on Basic Dog Etiquette
*Licensing locations in SD County
*Links to Training Books, Mp3s and training tools
NOTE: This is the FREE version, showcasing ONLY the Ribbon Barite location. For full access to the app, check out the paid version, well worth your investment!
Maps, Videos, Photos of specimens and more.
Two to three hours from Los Angeles, Phoenix, Las Vegas and located in the rugged beauty of the Arizona desert.
Sharing the Mineral Heritage of China, this app brings you dozens of photographs and the entire contents of the special publication - Crystalline Treasures - showcasing beautiful minerals along with information about the mines and areas of China that they come from.
In addition to assembling these world-class minerals from China, Dr. Lavinsky and several esteemed colleagues also wrote a companion book introducing differences between Chinese and Western collecting preferences, profiling different mineral-rich provinces, and depicting dozens of key examples of these exceptional Chinese pieces.
Brought to you by Dr. Robert Lavinsky - http://iRocks.com
All for FREE - Available for All Android Tablets and Phones!