* Quick navigation to critical information
* Custom bookmarks let you quickly return to your favorite pages
* Expanded search capability
* Add notes to a page
Nursing Essentials is an easy to use app with rich content, detailed illustrations, and pioneering features. Best of all, you know you can depend on the Nursing Essentials, because it was created by Informed Publishing®—the trusted leader in emergency reference information since 1986. Informed's print and digital guides are carried in the pockets, on mobile devices, and in the emergency vehicles of over one million first responders nationwide.
Whether you are a beginning or experienced nurse, this guide will be an essential tool throughout your career. Nursing Essentials is the one resource that both recent graduates and lifelong nurses depend on to keep all the information they need at their fingertips.
The second edition Nursing Essentials includes vital assessment information, with updated and expanded sections devoted to cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, pediatric, OB, GI/GU, and mental health topics. The new mental health section covers common disorders (anxiety, personality, bipolar, chemical dependency, eating disorders, schizophrenia, somatoform) and mental health assessment.
It provides updated reference information on drugs, infusions, and laboratory values, with information on medications, blood products, calculations, and PO, SQ, IM, IO administration procedures, with a new expanded section on IV administration guidelines. Also featured are fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base imbalances, as well as a new pain assessment chart and Spanish translations.
* Acid-Base Imbalances
* Complete Neurological Assessment
* Pediatric Drug Dosages
* Pain Assessment
* Geriatric & Cultural Considerations
* Organ Donation Considerations
* Burn and Dermatome Charts
* Metric Conversions
* Spanish translations
* Restraint and Back Safety
* Tips For Workload / Report Organization
* Insertion / Management of Catheters, Gastric, and Chest Tubes
Featuring interactive calculators for Glasgow, burns, and metric conversions.
NOTE: For issues related to problems downloading the app or with refunds please call 1-888-624-8014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us before leaving negative reviews.
[Please try the LITE version first!]
*Seasoned Nurses may not find this app useful!*
General information from medical terminology, medical abbreviations, medical suffixes and prefixes, different type of calculators, lung and heart sounds, subcutaneous injection sites, medical calculation practice, practice questions on various nursing subjects, and much more!
What's extra in donate?
- no Ads
- 300+ (and growing) medical terms than lite version
- access to BMI chart in BMI calculator
- more RSS feeds to keep up with news in the health field
- more heart/lung sounds to listen to
- more available questions for game/review modes
- plus so much more!
Don't forget to RATE and COMMENT! Thank you!!
No subscription or in-app purchase required. Requires Acrobat Reader. Please view the screenshots and read description before purchasing.
• Edited by Linda Stanford, RN, MSN, this app is known for its practical interventions and detailed rationales.
• Updates from clinical experts ensure the most current, accurate, and relevant content.
• Consistent format for each care plan allows fast look-up and printing of Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, and Assessments, Interventions, and Rationales.
• Sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric nursing make it easy to find information rapidly.
• A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to find patient-centered information.
• Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you set goals for nursing outcomes and provide efficient, quality care.
• NANDA-I taxonomy updates keep you current with NANDA-I diagnoses.
• Updated content covers the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
• NANDA-I nursing diagnoses include adult failure to thrive, chronic confusion, risk for shock, interrupted breastfeeding, and impaired environmental interpretation syndrome.
Your 5-star ratings will enable this app to remain available on the Google Play. Please view pictures and read description before downloading.
Please show your support by purchasing Nursing Jokes Full. This app is the full version of Nursing Jokes that adds extra features and removes advertisements. This app currently contains a comics section that the free version does not offer.
Ethical problems involve situations where there are conflicts between one or more values and uncertainty about the correct course of action. Ethical problems involve questions about what is right or good to do at individual, interpersonal, organizational and even societal levels. The CNA Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses serves as a foundation for nurses’ ethical practice, and provides guidance for ethical relationships, responsibilities, behaviours and decision-making. It can be used as a means of self-evaluation and self-reflection for ethical nursing practice and as a basis for feedback and peer review.
The CNA Code of Ethics App features:
• Access to the most trusted source of information for ethical responsibilities.
• Simple navigation - one tap access to any part of the CNA Code of Ethics
• Easy search capability – a must for busy nurses and students.
• Notes section for personal reflections/questions
The app includes the following content from Nursing Consult:
• Evidence-based nursing monographs
• Patient education
• Drug monographs
• Drug calculators
To ensure you receive the most up-to-date clinical information, you will need an Internet connection to receive monographs and patient education. Access to the full version of the app also requires a personal login for Mosby's Nursing Consult and a subscription to Mosby’s Nursing Consult through your institution. A preview version is available for those without a login or an institutional subscription. Individual subscriptions are not available.. For more information, please visit confidenceconnected.com.
Mosby’s Nursing Consult offers authoritative information to help provide better patient care through original evidence-based monographs and clinical updates, combined with comprehensive reference content from leading nursing resources and efficient search capabilities to help nurses quickly find answers to pressing clinical questions.
Elsevier provides health professionals with online education, evidence-based clinical reference solutions, and organizational development and performance management tools.
- Glasgow Coma Scale.
- Ramsay Sedation Scale.
- RASS Sedation Scale.
- SOFA Score.
- Apache Score.
- Modified Norton Scale.
- Downton Scale
- Barthel Scale.
- Apgar Score.
- Silverman - AndersenTest
- Family Apgar Test.
Formulas that contain are:
- Body mass index.
- Insensitive losses.
- Body surface in children.
- Body surface in adults.
- Conversion of Dextrose and Sodium Chloride.
- Calculation of infusion rate, infusion time, and volume to be infused.
- Preparation of drugs in ICU. (Dopamine, dobutamine).
Our applications contain non-intrusive advertising, which allows us to create more apps and update them.
NCLEX-RN Stanford Review is the only app which simulates the actual NCLEX-RN and PN examinations. 4000 questions and answers were written by nurse educators who reviewed the new NCLEX examination.
Get help with difficult nursing sciences questions with free online chat with an NCLEX instructor.
The subject categories are the same as on the actual NCLEX examination, and the questions are formatted just like the real NCLEX examination. You can take a timed practice examinations with 9 competency levels - just like the actual examination.
NCLEX RN PN Stanford Review questions, answers, and rationales have been professionally edited for accuracy.
• New questions covering the 2015 Basic Life Support and ACLS Guidelines.
• New questions covering the 2015 ACOG, ANA, and AANP Nursing Best Practices Guidelines.
• NCLEX competency levels and Candidate Performance Standards
• 4000 unique multiple-choice questions organized by NCLEX category
• Choose the topics you want to study.
• Take practice examinations with new questions each time.
• Each question includes detailed rationales.
• Review your exam scores and rationales.
• Get help with difficult nursing sciences questions with free online instruction.
• Basic Care and Comfort
• Health Promotion and Maintenance
• Management of Care
• Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
• Psychosocial Integrity
• Reduction of Risk Potential
• Physiological Adaptation
• Safety and Infection Control
Rationales are available for an in-app purchase of $3.99. Please review the screenshots before downloading. Your 5-star rating will help ensure that NCLEX Stanford Review will remain available on google play.
Download this fully updated and completely redesigned app and you’ll get free access to 13 drug entries. Once you’ve sampled the app and discovered how easy it is to find the vital drug information you need, just complete the InApp purchase (details below) and you’ll have access to all 225 antineoplastic drugs. To maintain access to all of the drug entries in this app and to continue to receive the weekly updates, users will need to update their subscription annually.
In addition to the instant search capability that helps you quickly locate drug entries, easy-to-use tools allow you to create a customized database, and weekly updates provide the latest need-to-know drug facts so you always stay current.
Look for prominently displayed Safety Alerts, Black Box Warnings, clinical alerts, FDA-approved indications and evidence-based off-label uses for drugs, Overdose Signs & Symptoms, and Adjust-a-Dose information. Also includes special sections on Common Drug Errors, Elder Care Medication Tips, Controlled Substance Schedules, and Pregnancy Risk Categories.
Your app also includes a Photo Guide with images of a sampling of the most commonly prescribed brand-name antineoplastic drugs as well as a free Dosage Calculator.
Each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages
• Administration (covers all applicable routes)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions
• Nursing considerations
• Patient teaching guidelines
• Nursing process.
About your InApp purchase:
Your InApp subscription to the Nursing Antineoplastic Drugs app provides 12 months of continuous access to all drugs in the app, including quarterly updates featuring drugs newly approved by the FDA and weekly updates covering new Indications and Dosages, Black Box Warnings, Alerts, and other critical clinical information.
Your payment of $14.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, until canceled, for $14.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can manage your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Adaptive capacity decreased: intracranial
Airway clearance, ineffective
Aspiration, risk for
Body image disturbance
Breathing pattern, ineffective
Cardiac output, decreased
Caregiver role strain
Communication, impaired verbal
Coping, ineffective individual
Fluid volume deficit
Fluid volume excess
Gas exchange, impaired
Health maintenance, altered
Ineffective management of therapeutic regimen
Infection, risk for
Nutrition, altered: less than body requirements
Nutrition, altered: more than body requirements
Oral mucous membrane, altered
Physical mobility, impaired
Self care deficit
Sexuality patterns, altered
Skin integrity, impaired: risk for
Sleep pattern disturbance
Urinary elimination, altered patterns of (incontinence)
PLEASE NOTE – Application requires a current paid subscription to the online Nursing Central service.
**Now Includes Notes and Integrated Calculators **
“Nursing Central contains everything a nurse needs at the bedside. It’s a must-have for nurses and nursing students.”
-Brent Thompson, PhD, RN, West Chester University
ABOUT NURSING CENTRAL
Nursing Central helps nurses and students find detailed information on diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures. The moment a question arises you can consult the updating database of 5,000 drugs, find a definition in the dictionary with 65,000+ entries, interpret hundreds of laboratory and diagnostic tests, and consult the latest disease information. You can also search the entire MEDLINE/PubMed database or study unfamiliar topics using the exclusive study system - Grasp™, all from your mobile device
Five best-selling nursing applications combine to form Nursing Central.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Refer to need-to-know information on dosing, contraindications, drug interactions, and patient education for more than 5,000 medications.
TABER’S MEDICAL DICTIONARY
Define over 65,000 medical terms and enhance learning with images, videos, and audio pronunciations. Define terms in-text with Glimpse™ technology.
DAVIS’S LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Access rationale and results for tests as well as pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test patient care.
DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Review complete coverage of more than 250 medical conditions.
MEDLINE Journals/MEDLINE Search
Connect to more than 24+ million MEDLINE/PubMed journal citations and abstracts on your mobile device. Stay up to date with your favorite medical journals, perform powerful searches, link directly to the publisher’s full text, and share articles via email or social media. Visually explore the literature using Grapherence™, a unique way to find related and relevant articles.
• Receive 1-year of drug updates
• Download any new editions of included resources free for 1-year
• New - Make quick calculations with integrated clinical, conversion, dosage, and IV calculators
• New - Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Consult trusted disease and test information
• Jump quickly between resources using Cross Links
• View thousands of colorful images, figures, and videos
• Learn on the go with our exclusive study system - Grasp™
• Access 24+ million journal entries from MEDLINE/PubMed
• Use the Universal Index Search to help find terms across all indexes
• Bookmark important entries with “Favorites”
• Get access to Nursing Central website for one year
This latest edition of the best-selling, comprehensive and authoritative Dictionary of Nursing has been fully updated and revised to take account of recent developments in nursing practice and related fields. Coverage of advances in the field includes general nursing, statistics, common scales and indexes, religion and spirituality, and commonly used abbreviations. The Dictionary provides readers with a comprehensive treatment of the ever-expanding vocabulary of the nursing professions. In addition to specific nursing terms, there are many entries in the fields of medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychiatry, nutrition, and pharmacology (including new drugs recently introduced into medical practice).
With over 10,000 clear and concise entries, written by medical and nursing specialists, this trusted dictionary covers the theory and practice of nursing, and even includes entry-level web links. The text is enhanced by 100 helpful illustrations and tables. This is an invaluable reference tool for all nursing students, recently qualified and practising nurses, and people training and working in related fields such as midwifery and health visiting.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Nurse’s Pocket Guide
Preview, Buy, or Sign In from this app.
Preview – View select topics to experience Nursing Pocket Guide’s detailed nursing diagnoses, interventions, and care plan recommendations.
Buy – Purchase Nurse’s Pocket Guide at any time using your Google Play account.
Sign In – Current subscribers can download the entire resource to their Android Device by entering their username and password.
About Nurse’s Pocket Guide:
Make accurate nursing diagnoses and develop effective care plans with this comprehensive app. Each diagnosis listing includes a definition, related factors, defining characteristics, prioritized actions/interventions, NIC/NOC classifications, and documentation guidelines. Or, choose by patient symptom and link directly to associated nursing diagnoses.
Features of Nurse’s Pocket Guide include:
• 440 medical conditions with associated nursing diagnoses
• Updated NANDA-I 2012-2014 diagnoses
• Defining characteristics presented subjectively and objectively
• Actions/Interventions organized by nursing priority
• Care plan guides
• Icons for cultural, collaborative, community/home care, diagnostic studies, pediatric/geriatric/lifespan, and medications
• NIC and NOC labels for each diagnosis
• Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Marilynn E. Doenges, APRN, BC; Mary Francis Moorhouse, RN, MSN, CRRN, LNC; Alice C. Murr, BSN, RN
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
1) List down all your random duties and doctor's orders!
2) Set reminder for each tasks in seconds!
3) Use your valuable time effectively in providing care!
4) Avoid Medical errors!
5) Be an efficient and competent Nurse!
Hello dear Nurses,
''Nurse's Aid'' is a free android reminder app, which helps nurses and other healthcare professionals to minimize the work load by organizing their duties effectively round the clock.
Six major advantages of this app:
1. It helps to remind random tasks associated with patients.
2. It is very user friendly and we can edit the default tasks on the app.
3. An overview display helps to review all tasks set on the app.
4. Setting reminder is very easy within 5 sec.
5. Its talking alarm feature (in paid version) helps to remind tasks when we are unable to pick the device and see the app ( especially when we are attending some procedure.
6.Very effective tool for effective handover among nurses and avoid medical errors.
''Now hit on the install button and start enjoying your nursing job and bag immense blessings from your clients''
Don't forget to provide your reviews and comments and give us your support by giving a 5 star *****
****For advanced features, please download the pro version of Nurses Aid on googleplay
Included in the app are:
Frequently used drugs
We do not claim rights to online drug search.
Designed for the RN or LPN student.