Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for public buses and trains
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling Sydney Trains "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Platform numbers for train trips
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
NOTE: Apart from real-time data for public buses and trains, all timetables are offline, and do not take into account delays, cancellations, or trackwork. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.
GTT Mobile provides real-time information about bus stops, scheduled and real time arrivals and departures, trip planner with an interactive map and news about GTT services.
Note: If you are having issues with location detection please ensure you have Google Play Services installed.
Allows you to find the trains times for any Metro train service. Detects your location and displays the upcoming trains at your nearest station. Full features list below.
- Shows upcoming trains with platform numbers for your nearest or selected station
- Filter the display based on train line and direction
- Add stations to your favourites for quicker station selection and also quick views of when the train will arrive.
- Heaps of customizing settings available including 'Home Lines' which will automatically filter the display to those lines when the app starts up.
- Search for trains at any time of day and between up to 2 train lines at a time. Perform a long press on any result to set yourself a reminder.
- Click on the spinner button (on the right) any train from the main screen to set a reminder or inform other users of a train delay.
- Receive proximity notifications when you are near a station marked as your favourite. This will alert you about when you next train is and how long till it leaves.
You can now buy the premium edition of Train Trapper as an in-app purchase. The following features are included with the premium edition:
- No ads!
- The Train Trapper widget! You can now get your latest train time information right on your home screen.
The premium edition is given automatically to anyone who donated $3 or $5 through in-app purchases or the donate version which was taken off the market. If you purchased the donate version, you will need to re-install the Donate version of the app (unless you happen to still have it on your phone of course) to receive the free update.
If you enjoy using Train Trapper and want to get involved in making it even better, you can join the Beta program on Google Plus! Just search for the 'Train Trapper Beta' community on G+ or go to the Train Trapper website and follow the links.
App is always being updated with more features and enhancements to make getting around on Melbourne trains just that little bit less painful.
• Interactive journey planner
• Public transport services from all operators
• All modes of public transport including trains, buses, and ferries
• Displays bus stops near you
• Dynamic zoom and scroll mapping
• Saves favourite locations and recent journeys
The app is being continually developed, as service data is constantly being updated and improved. We welcome your feedback about this app, to send us an email please click the “info” tab on the menu when using the app.
Keywords: Merseytravel, journey planner, Liverpool, Southport, Sefton, Wirral, Merseyside, bus, train, ferry, A to B
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet. And now you can get it for free!
The only truly complete online and offline solution, which does not only make mobile navigation, but also global digital maps (including city maps) easier to use and more adaptable to your needs. No matter where or how you are on-the-go.
This is not some lightweight bait version. On the contrary: Scout is the ultimate all-in-one map and navigation solution. You get FOR FREE, what costs 50 bucks and more elsewhere.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
All of that and more FREE OF CHARGE.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
Our England (United Kingdom) offline road map (route map) primarily displays roads and transport links rather than natural geographical information. Offline (United Kingdom) road map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and more detailed area around the cities: London, Southampton, Porsmuth, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinbourgh, Glasgow
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, parkings, restaurants, gas stations)
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the United Kingdom or the UK) is a constitutional monarchy comprising much of the British Isles.
This Union is more than 300 years old and comprises four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It occupies all of the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern portion of the island of Ireland and most of the remaining British Isles.
It's important to remember that the Republic of Ireland is a completely separate state from the United Kingdom, seceding from the Union and gaining its independence in 1922. The Isle of Man and the various Channel Islands are "crown dependencies", possessing their own legislative bodies for domestic legislation with the assent of the Crown. They are not part of the United Kingdom, nor of the EU, but are not sovereign states in their own right either. The UK has Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands as its nearest neighbours.
The 'Great' in Great Britain (Britannia Major in Roman times; Grande-Bretagne in French) is to distinguish it from the other, smaller "Britain": Brittany (Britannia Minor; Bretagne) in northwestern France.
The UK today is a diverse patchwork of native and immigrant cultures, possessing a fascinating history and dynamic modern culture, both of which remain hugely influential in the wider world. Although Britannia no longer rules the waves, the UK is still a popular destination for many travellers. The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom is London.
Game and links to information on
the German Uboats of World War 2
Check out an exhibition in the UK where you
can see a Uboat, purchase several really
good value books on UBoats and view for free
a number of YouTube videos about a Uboat
local to me (one of only four in the world)
It's really complicated firing a torpedo
from a moving boat to hit a moving vessel -
how did they calculate that? My PDF here
gives a bit of an insight. Wot? No pocket
calculators? Slide rules??
Check out the Silent Hunter Online Facebook
Single click into the SHO forum (you have to
log in the first time only- and obviously
you need to register-but it's free)
Single click into the SubSim forum (see
above) a long running forum for submarine
Check out some submarine shopping
This is the login page to Silent Hunter
Online - android doesn't let you complete
the login oddly, but you can read all the
items on the huge opening page
This is the beginnings of a manual for
Silent Hunter Online- which remains free to
play, but still in Beta of course
Silent Hunter Wiki - apart from Silent
Hunter 5 all the SH games have been
excellent. SH5 was the prettiest - but who
wants a pretty war? (or a video card with
This is what's in the App!
firstname.lastname@example.org is me @clwydian
Bringing together amateur radio, portability and computing.
Founded in 2000 - before the word App was invented...
Contains links to Raspberry Pi and amateur radio, VOIP, Echolink, UK Repeater groups NW,
Latest - DMR (DMR-MARC DMR-Hytera) DSTAR (Dplus and DCS reflector) usage information
See who is using the GB7RR to DSTAR gatewsway (its easier to talk Hytera to Dstar then Hytera to Mototrbo!)
Ten Wing Rules: This is me sharing some of
my views about riding Goldwings by
pretending that there are ten golden rules
Riding a Golding: This is also me, I didnt
want to go beyond ten, so I put this section
Online Wing Forum: Links to GLRIDERS.COM log
in first time, then hotlink to it from here
Steve Saunders GWFacts: An amazing resource
of all things (and people) Goldwing- again,
log in once then hot link there.
Goldwing Docs: A repostory of useful
documents as you might imagine, but again,
great knowledgebase all round
So what's with Lightparades: Ever been to a
lightparade. Some of what you might expect
to find appears here using Scarborough 2012
as an example. Me, I love em!
Llandudno light parade: A Youtube video of
2013 Lightparade (see above)
Lightparade postings: Links to a website
only about lightparades!
JAFRUM: Is a non goldwing but very
informative bikers blog
Goldwing shopping: Well, what DO you buy a
fellow Winger for Xmas, Thanksgiving,
Bastille day etc...
Goldwings North Wales: Links to a local
website for my interest - well its my app!
Take a look!
Goldwings on Twitter: Not so busy, but this
link scans Twitter for Goldwing references,
you do not need to be a Twat (quoting our
esteemed UK prime minister) to view this.
Weblinks: Goldwingy stuff I like
Offline Goldwinks: Some of my photos with a
Goldwing flavour- these dont need a data
Fuelly: Login. A cool website that lets you
monitor fuel consumtion of a range of
What is Fuelly: (see above) Im not on
commission for this site either. I do like
it however. Log in once, go back many times.
Email me: Go on. Ask me something. Go on!
PS sorry the menu is so damn hard to read, I
cant get my head round the colour scheme at
all...Im working on it.
3D or more accurately 'stereoscopic' images require two shots of the same subject
and the left shot is viewed by the left eye, the right by the right, and the brain generates
a perspective with depth.
You cannot view both images on the same screen without fancy 3D screens like on
the nintendo 3DS, or using red/cyan glasses.
But you can 'flicker' the two images, producing a mini movie that also emphasises
the depth of the image. Proper wiggle-Gifs have the image 'window' set differently
to regular 3D shots (the window represents the main focus of the viewer- in 3d images it is the nearest point, in wiggle-Gif it needs to be further back)
Take a look at these and if you have any questions ..... @clwydian on Twitter or email@example.com
Some of these photos were taken with a Fujifilm stereocamera, but the older ones were taken with a pocketable point and shoot camera and then combined into wiggleGifs using stereophotomaker
YouTube is the new self publishing medium. There are thousands of hopefuls waiting to be discovered. Try your luck to fin them or check this app for four up and coming content generators with the kind of wit and intelligence and sheer determination we can all aspire to on a good day.
Four dynamically different often hillarious YouTube channels. Dont miss them.
Latest modification llet's you monitor their twitter announcements too.
Watch these four.....they are going places
Language can be a bit R rated at times..bless!
Nothing xxx or risque however.
Chester Zoo, in Upton, Cheshire, UK.
This app has photos installed -no data connection
required- (all taken by myself, and you may use them as
you wish with credit to @clwydian, if the urge takes
you) organised in the headings of...
But it's unfinished and will be updated at intervals
Then I have to following live items (that do need a data connection):
A link for the Wikipedia entry for the zoo.
The Chester Zoo Facebook page
Chester Zoo Official Youtube videos
An accurate google map showing where the zoo is
The offical Chester Zoo homepage (its excellent) and finally..
A hotlink to the 'become a member' section of Chester zoo's own page.
I have no official or commerical connection with Chester Zoo, but am a massive fan!
Meanwhile follow IT Healthcare virtually with this APP which will be updated with the EXPO14 details as soon as they are available.
Apart from EXPO details find here
A live twitter stream from the HealthcareIT crowd (get yourself listed @clwydian)
Scientific American 60 seconds Health -podcast
The Healthcare IT Guy Blog
*This is an unofficial application relating to the meeting below*
The Healthcare Efficiency Through Technology Expo is free to attend for everyone from the NHS, public sector, charities, social enterprises, voluntary and not-for-profit organisations. By registering to attend, you will gain access to:
A High level conference
25 hours of seminars throughout five seminar theatres
Comprehensive exhibition area featuring up to 100 leading providers
Over 2,000 visitors
So, if you are part of the NHS, wider health sector or have a serious interest in healthcare service delivery and enabling better patient care, then make sure that you don’t miss the Expo on 8th October 2013.
As well as being a showcase for innovation, technology and best practice, the Expo also brings together and connects senior executives, clinicians, GP’s, patient facing organisations, regulatory bodies and local authorities with senior government officials and healthcare specialists from not-for-profit organisations and private sector businesses
(and introducing INSOMNIA Gaming Festival UK, and in 2015 MINECON! )
Are you into Videogaming - follow the latest news and comment from gamers,
check out the Jebusadventures video feed and LIVE Twitch streams.
Free SemiHardcore Minecraft Server to join - you get THREE lives only. Can you survive?
Shop N Sounds to download.
INSOMNIA Video Feed
Check out the MINECON homepage
(This app is unofficial but endorsed by @jebuscraft)
Here are four of them...
BBC Reith Lectures - recently concluded for this year- Copyright BBC - this app merely points to the BBC supplied RSS feed.
Seasiders Podcast - Blackpool Football Club in the UK. Real football by real people.
Tii - Today in IOS - an immense podcast about the Apple Iphone et al experience
Jebusadventures - the new podcast are videobased. Swetjebus gamer video adventures. Check it out.
The Greatest Rock Festival of the year. Foo Fighters reckon Reading are the dirtiest little rockers in the country (I was there, they said so). They tell me Leeds has a 'northern' spin on that.
What's in t'app then?
A collection of links, photos, knowledge to save YOU time getting your R&L ROCK ON!!
Catch up and Keep up!
READING Facebook link
LEEDS Facebook link
READING Band Times (clashfinder.com)
LEEDS Band times (clashfnder.com)
Festival Speak - Tweets from R&L Festivallers
Latest News from #randl14
Reading Festival FORUM
Leeds Festival FORUM
Sign up for READING EMAIL
Sign up for LEEDS EMAIL
BBC3 at READING
Festival VIRGIN <--READ HERE
Festival feel, Party time, Blink- Reading PHOTIES
WHAT TO TAKE <---NEWBIES READ HERE
(But dont take all this stuff FFS!)
This app is free - if you dont like it, ignore it. If you hate it (say why before you) 1 star it. If you like it - bung it a star - the star system controls how many people see the app in a sea of hundreds of thousands. It's free. What's to lose.
Local News from the BBC, EveningLeader, Daily Post
Incorporates TeamNorthWales Newsletter
Tourism, Theatre, Cinema, Mold food festival, Carnival photos
Swimming and fitness, Museum, Hisotry, Traffic and Weather!
Devandy is a collection of links to a range
of development tools useful to me for
Android app development.
Google Developer: Links to the portal for
uploading and listing apps on Google Play.
Use this to monitor how many downloads you
have ahad and keep the directory of Google
Play up to date. Login the first time.
Amazon Developer: Same as Google above but
for Amazon (Kindle etc)
Amazon Associates: For creating amazon ads
that link to your assiciate account
Admob Home: The (new) Admob homepage for
managing your Admob advertising
Admob Forum: Discussion and help about Admob
Twitter Developer: You cannot link to
Twitter from applications without generating
a key- this is where you manage your apps
that use Twitter feeds
BIZ.NF: I'm not on commission for this!
However it's a good place to host a website
URL Redirection: http://yourname.zapto.org
can redirect where you want again for free
Projects- Link here to check over
and edit your Andromo apps online. Login
once and Android remembers next time
Forum- Discuss and troublshoot your
application questions here
Opera Developer: If Opera accepts one of
your apps - thats as good as getting an
Oscar sez me!
Email me if you have any comments - such as
for example, oh I don't know....why did you
make this app if its only about links...
Yes, there are festival website links. There are also dedicated live twitter lists for IOW latest news. Comprehensive (excessive even) packing information, ferry information, photographs from iow 2013 (I left my camera there in 2014 dammit). Hot link to the festival forum from your mobile/tablet. Check a separate twitter list from IOW people. Clashfinder.com shows the running times once bands are out-its unofficial but pretty accurate, Jump straight to google web news on the festival. Festival shopping. Festival weather forecast -well ten days ahead but eventually its useful. Bus and Ferry links - you can get to the festival by bus or inflatable. Check the IOW radio on the internet. Are you a festival noob.. read this and its done. Finally the IOW festival people host a blog - it hasnt started yet- will hook into it when it does.
Finally - Ive done the IOWfest in sun and rain (I was in my car overnight outside the festival that amazing year when the ferry crossing took 4 HOURS and cars were being towed INTO the site through the mud) so ask me a question, do.
firstname.lastname@example.org Grab the app http://tinyurl/iowfestiapp