If you're in Melbourne, Australia you can find out when your tram is coming - via your Android smart phone. With tramTRACKER® for Android from Yarra Trams you can check real-time tram arrival information for any tram stop in Melbourne.
tramTRACKER® uses the latest real-time technology to let you know when your tram is due to arrive at your stop, so you know when to be there. If there's a major delay or disruption you'll find out about that as well.
• Real-time information display includes tram profiles so you know what type of tram is approaching.
• Next three arrival time information for each service at tram stops. Times refresh automatically.
• Locate your nearest tram stop
• Drop-down message alerts for service disruptions and changes.
• "myTRAM" - showing where your tram currently is and predicting the arrival time at your destination stop.
• Browse for stops using route maps, search or use GPS to find your stop.
• Customise your favourite stops by route and name (e.g. work, home)
• Choose your preferred view method - map or list
• Find a tram stop with shelter when it's raining
• See nearby train, tram and bus connecting services.
• Discover major attractions and points of interest.
• Colour coded tram route maps
• Find your nearest ticket outlet or view ticket outlets along tram routes
• Search for stops, ticket outlets, and points of interest.
• Online help - to guide your first steps
Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
Note: If you are having issues with location detection please ensure you have Google Play Services installed.
Allows you to find the trains times for any Metro train service. Detects your location and displays the upcoming trains at your nearest station. Full features list below.
- Shows upcoming trains with platform numbers for your nearest or selected station
- Filter the display based on train line and direction
- Add stations to your favourites for quicker station selection and also quick views of when the train will arrive.
- Heaps of customizing settings available including 'Home Lines' which will automatically filter the display to those lines when the app starts up.
- Search for trains at any time of day and between up to 2 train lines at a time. Perform a long press on any result to set yourself a reminder.
- Click on the spinner button (on the right) any train from the main screen to set a reminder or inform other users of a train delay.
- Receive proximity notifications when you are near a station marked as your favourite. This will alert you about when you next train is and how long till it leaves.
You can now buy the premium edition of Train Trapper as an in-app purchase. The following features are included with the premium edition:
- No ads!
- The Train Trapper widget! You can now get your latest train time information right on your home screen.
The premium edition is given automatically to anyone who donated $3 or $5 through in-app purchases or the donate version which was taken off the market. If you purchased the donate version, you will need to re-install the Donate version of the app (unless you happen to still have it on your phone of course) to receive the free update.
If you enjoy using Train Trapper and want to get involved in making it even better, you can join the Beta program on Google Plus! Just search for the 'Train Trapper Beta' community on G+ or go to the Train Trapper website and follow the links.
App is always being updated with more features and enhancements to make getting around on Melbourne trains just that little bit less painful.
After you have downloaded the app from the app store, and opened the app for the first time the content will be automatically downloaded enabling you to use the app offline. Be sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection when you first open the app if you do not want to incur data charges from your carrier. Please also ensure that the Google Maps app is up to date on your device, and that you have accepted any Google Maps terms and conditions, as if it is not up to date this may cause issues while using the Melbourne Official Visitor Guide App.
The Melbourne Official Visitor Guide is the best way to explore Melbourne’s hidden gems; from laneway bars to world class events and festivals, everything you need to know is just a tap away.
With exclusive offers to Melbourne’s best attractions, travel, event and entertainment information useful tips and insights, this free App makes it easy to discover the very best of Melbourne, as you:
• Make your way easily through the city with interactive maps, public transport information and travel tips
• Maps integration, makes it easy to get through the city and plot your itineraries
• Store your favourites
• Tap into seasonal editorial and travel information
• Redeem exclusive offers and deals, with savings of over $100
• Keep up to date and plan ahead with a detailed events calendar, including listings from across Melbourne and Victoria
• Share your favourite event, locations and offers with friends via Facebook and Twitter
• Developed by people in the know get informed with fresh bar, dining, entertainment, event and accurate travel information
• Learn about Melbourne’s precincts, shopping, dining, laneways and attractions
• Enjoy inspiring images of Melbourne and surrounding regions
• Use the app as a pre-planning tool with the addition of Accommodation listings, so you can find where you want to stay before you arrive.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Melbourne Museums (6 sights)
* Melbourne Art Galleries (6 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (10 sights)
* Melbourne Landmarks (8 sights)
* Shopping in Melbourne (6 sights)
* Nightlife in Melbourne (6 sights)
* Cultural Tour of Melbourne (8 sights)
* Melbourne for the Kids (6 sights)
* St. Kilda District (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Melbourne Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Melbourne /ˈmɛlbərn/ is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second most populous city in Australia. The Melbourne City Centre is the hub of the greater metropolitan area and the Census statistical division—of which "Melbourne" is the common name. As of June 2011, the greater geographical area had a population of 4.1 million. Inhabitants of Melbourne are called Melburnians. The metropolis is located on the large natural bay known as Port Phillip, with the city centre positioned on the estuary of the Yarra River (at the northernmost point of the bay). The metropolitan area then extends south from the city centre, along the eastern and western shorelines of Port Phillip, and expands into the hinterland. The city centre is situated in the municipality known as the City of Melbourne. The metropolitan area consists of a further 30 municipalities.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
of Australia has something to enjoy for everyone. Hang out on buzzing
Fed. Square, visit galleries or the zoo.
Features of Triposo’s Droidguide:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for daytrip destinations.
* An offline map
The Victorian People Must have app!
Get real time notification from Victoria Alert (VIC Alert).
Weather, Victoria Bush Fire, Traffic, Health, Air Quality, UV Index, Police, Park, Earthquake and Product recall Alerts all in one package for Victoria residents.
The Melbourne & Victoria Alert app is free and easy to use.
• Weather Alert provides severe weather warning and Marine warning in Victoria
• UV Index Alert provides daily UV index chart for Major cities in Victoria and UV index scale
• Public Transport Alert shows the public transport Victoria's live travel updates including trains, trams, bus and Vline services.
• Tram Tracker (Tramtracker) and Tram Service Updates enable you to track your tram and get ready for next tram while providing in-time service change notification.
• Live Traffic Alert shows the current road traffic in Victoria such as road maintenance and road construction
• Fire Incident Map shows the location of all fire incidents in Melbourne and Victoria. Click menu to show the list view. (bushfire, similar to Fireready)
• Victorian Bushfires Warning Advice provides all fire warning and advice notification in Melbourne and Victoria with detailed safety information. (bushfire)
• Victorian Bushfires and Fire Warning Advice provides a link to ABC news so you can see the large font version of warning and advice.Prepare for Bushfire Black,Australian Bushfire and 2009 Bushfires
• Emergency Service Message provides all notification from Victoria Emergency Department
• Recent Earthquakes shows all earthquakes in Australia in last 7 days with magnitude information.
• Park Alert provides Parks Victoria News such as park fire and closure.
• Police Alert gives you current Victoria Police News including crime assistance
• Health Alert provides updated health alerts from Department of Health (such as Ebola virus disease (EVD) in west Africa
• Yarra Watch, Beach report and Yarra & Bay Alert provide water safety info for swimmer and surfer
• Notices to Mariners (Port of Melbourne)
• Consumer affairs Alerts and Public warnings.
• Detailed Total fire ban & fire danger ratings
• V/line Service updates
• CPR Quick Guide
• National relay service
• Product Recall Alert shows all recent recall products with photo and seller information (such as Woolworths and Kmart Australia) to help you identify potential health threat.
• Current Air quality provide hourly updated EPA air quality in Melbourne and Victoria. You can also select date and time to find out historical air quality information
• Emergency Preparation provides a lot of Victoria safety information such as Fire safer place, Bushfire plan and Emergency Tool Kit. You can download these files and check them in the Downloads in Tools section.
• Switch Theme provide 3 themes including large font for easy access.
• In the Setting section, you can customise your sync setting, Display & Presentation setting, Message store setting and Notifications setting.
• This app also provides Widgets function. 4X1 and 4X2 widgets are available for you to choose from.
• Finally, don't forget to like and rate me in the Google Play.
1. Try to use the widget function. You can choose which category you want to read.
2. Use search function to locate your regional alert
3. Change sync, message store, notification setting to fit your preference.
4. Warning! The app could consume up to 1GB data in one month if use map function frequently. However, normal use (with setting background sync every 12 hours and sync image only in Wifi ) consumes much less data.
For Melbourne and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Food and restaurants
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) is the second largest airport in Australia and has been recognized over the years as a award winning airport. It is a hub for Virgin Australia, Qantas, REX, and Jetstar airlines. This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, arrival and departure boards, terminal maps, directions to and from the airport and more.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Melbourne. We include Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Peking, Tokyo, Jakarta, Heathrow and all the airports of the world.
No vuelvas a perder el metro nunca! Tram Alicante te informará los próximos viajes de la ruta que has escogido, indicándote la dirección de los trenes válidos para que no te equivoques nunca y la duración del mismo.
¿Tienes que hacer transbordo? No hay problema, Tram Alicante te dirá dónde tienes que bajar y los horarios para coger el nuevo tren.
¿No sabes cómo llegar a una dirección en metro? Tampoco es problema. Tram Alicante calculará la mejor ruta entre tu posición actual y la dirección a la que necesitas llegar.
Tram Alicante está desarrollado en Valencia, muy cerca tuya, por eso sabemos lo que necesitas para usar el metro.
No lo dudes, ¡Pruébala ya!
This is how it works: The app guides you to the nearest tram stop and selects a suitable route and departure. Once you get on, the sightseeing begins. All tours go along a preset route and take less than an hour. You get all the information read to you in your headphones. All you have to do is sit down and look out the window. (And change tram when the voice tells you to, of course ...). All tours end at the same stop they start from.
- A voice tells you about the sights that pass outside the tram window.
- You get clear instructions about what tram you should get on and change to.
- If you don’t have a ticket, the app can help with this too. Firstly, by informing you about suitable tickets, partly by guiding you to the nearest ticket seller.
- After the tour you can share your experience on Facebook.
- The app speaks both Swedish and English.
Have a great trip!
► It is designed to work at background even phone went into sleep mode, and also allow user to use other apps at the same time.
► It will turn on screen when alert trigger and going back to sleep mode after pass by camera spot. This can save battery consumption significantly during traveling.
► Internet or data connection is NOT required but only required when you switch to Map view (to download map data).
► ONLY GPS is required to turn on in order to get precise camera and user coordinates.
► Human voice alerting.
► Camera location in Map view.
Please submit feedback if you would like more features. Also, if you have any errors installing/running the app, please email me at email@example.com.
This software program is not provided by, endorsed, or sponsored by SUN TRAN transportation and as such, Sun Tran provides no warranty as the to the quality or use of this software program.
Real-time Tube status and departures, quick access to station info from favourites and find stations by GPS.
Follow @tube_chaser on Twitter for latest updates.
PLEASE NOTE: Some stations are missing from the list, or no useful information is given. This is ALWAYS due to TfL's poor data, not Tube Chaser.
This mostly affects Hammersmith & City/Circle Line in West London, District line at Paddington, and some Metropolitan Line stations.
Tube map and London Overground support can't be included at this stage, due to ridiculous licensing costs from both TfL and National Rail Enquiries.
Enable Send usage stats to help improve Tube Chaser. See website for more info.
For issues and feature requests, see our issue tracker at:
If anybody is experiencing Force Closes, please get in contact with me. I'd like to get the problem fixed.
Any delays or problems with incorrect data are a result of the TfL web site - not this app.
Oyster Mate is open source (GPLv3) and all code is available from GitHub.