The App shows the complete list of ports that participate in the "Anchor Project" of VVW tour sailing / VVW Recrea. The status of the ports is shown in color. By clicking on a port displays a map of the port. The map information is either Google maps or a specific navigation. The App can be expanded with specific detail maps of the waterways so that it can be used for navigation. See further below. In the near future it will be possible directly to make a reservation at a port.
Additional optional features:
With this app you can navigate on smartphone and tablet. The map data is based on the Inland ECDIS format v 2.3, the standard in Europe for navigation on inland waterways.
All the necessary information is present on the cards. The maps are updated on a weekly basis and are offered in a subscription of limited duration.
Most smartphones and tablets have a built-in GPS so immediately the correct position can be shown on the map. GPS information can also be read via a WiFi network on board.
The basic functionality for ship navigation are available and are simple, clear and understandable:
• Display of detailed maps of the fairway
• search by place names and areas
• choice of details, text size and colors
• zoom in / zoom out
• sailing with North up or Track up
• possibility of rotating the map
• automatic centering of the ship on the map
• displaying course and speed over ground
• route planning via waypoints (waypoints)
• display of IOS maps as an alternative is possible
• display of ship's position using the built-in GPS
• display of AIS information via WiFi (optional)
• controlling, programming Inland AIS device via WiFi or a serial cable (optional)