The 2 in one app that acts as a gyroscope and accelerometer.
1) the flatness of a surface (tilt)
2) changes in location in all planes.
3) measures vibrations and shakes.
4) Plots a graph of the level of movement
5) Records and measure the shakes
6) Customizable sensitivity in level of shaking.
7) Potential use to measure shakes in a clinical setting e.g. Parkinsons
8) Can be tweaked to function as a pedometer to track exercises.
Please note that there will be inversion of axes on certain devices that are landscape based for the accelerometer function.
The app is created by Ms Khairaini Ng and Mr Iman Fahman, Mr Nguyen Phi Vu, and Dr Samuel Gan.
This is a product of the Antibody & Product Development (APD Lab) lab of Bioinformatics Institute, A*STAR.