-Pics, videos, and descriptions of the clues you can watch for when a tornado is imminent.
-Complete cloud chart, w/ pictures and Latin names
-Detailed explanations and descriptions
-Interactive Supercell Storm Diagram
-Live Storm/Tornado Tracking
-US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, and more!
-Live storm reports from across the US
-SPC hourly tornado forecasts
Be your own storm chasing meteorologist!
Mobile Storm Chaser brings you up to date information from the Storm Prediction Center including Day 1 Outlooks and Tornado Probabilities, real-time Watches and Warnings directly from the SPC, and Radar.
All links open up in an IN APP browser, so you don't have to navigate back to the application every time you want to see one of the links.
Blog link to our site
Day 1 Outlook, Text, Tor, Hail, and Wind Probs
Day 2 Outlook, Prob And Text
Day 3 Outlook, Prob And text
Day 4-8 Outlook
Higgins Storm Chasing App, is everything relating to weather, all rolled
We provide live Forecasts, Warnings and Observations... With Storm Chasing
being our passion, a strong team of 14 Administrators, will bring you
incredible photos, videos, streaming and live updates from the field.
With advanced community awareness, leading to better preparation and
understanding of weather, as your safety is our number one priority.
*Receive HSC, Official BOM and EMQ Geo targeted push notifications during
Severe Weather or Disaster events.
* Fast easy access to our live Facebook, Twitter and Website.
* View our Photo Gallery and Online Store.
* Direct Share your photos to us
* Quick link to BOM and Weatherzone weather radar and warnings.
* Direct Access to a wide range of Weather forecast tools.
The lite version is limited to a national map but this version includes 9 sector maps so you can get more detail of the weather analysis in your area.
This app works best on a larger screen. It's been used extensively on a 4.65 inch screen and has been found to be quite useable on a 3.7 inch screen as well, but the larger the better. Please try the lite version first if you have a smaller screen.
Created using the Tasker App Factory.
PYKL3 Radar (pronounced Pickle Radar) was the first and remains the most advanced, yet simple to use, level 3 radar viewer for Android for United States radar information. It is intended for users who want more out of a weather radar viewer...much more! PYKL3Radar also gives you surface observation plots (ground truth), satellite imagery, and virtually every National Weather Service text product wrapped with a highly customizable experience. Designed with storm chasers, spotters, and emergency management officials in mind, PYKL3 continues to push the limits of what is possible on Android by embracing the ideas of a very active user community. PYKL3 is the only Android viewer with customizable colors, including the radar color table. What's more, your location is constantly displayed right on top of the radar imagery. PYKL3 Radar is the application for having the critical weather data you need.
Radar data from every operational National Weather Service WSR-88D and FAA Terminal Doppler Weather Radar (TDWR) site is delivered to your phone with products ranging from standard reflectivity to the newest dual-pol variables. Need more? Pull up the latest satellite imagery or warning products with the touch of your screen. With an optional subscription to AllisonHouse.com or CaprockWeather.com, add the display of graphical severe weather outlooks, convective watch boxes, local storm reports, storm tracks, and lightning.
Supported by a fantastic user community, PYKL3 Radar is brought to you by a developer with a passion for weather for serious users of radar data.
We know Google Play only gives you 15 minutes to evaluate a program before a purchase. That's not nearly enough time to explore the many features and options of PYKL3Radar. So, purchase in confidence! If it does not meet your expectations, just write us back within 24 hours of your purchase and we'll get you refunded. What's our return request rate? Less than 0.01%!
If you have any issues with the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We are here to help!
PLEASE ENSURE A SOLID, FAST INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN RUNNING THE FIRST TIME as about 10MB of support files are acquired. If you run into issues, please contact us. We can help! Customer service is very important to us.
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
Storms and severe weather affect everyone at some point in time around Australia.
Download and install our app to keep track of all our updates, Bureau of Meteorology warnings, photos, videos plus much more with ease all from the one place!
- Full Facebook integration to get access to our posts quickly and easily.
- Full Twitter integration to get access to our tweets quickly and easily.
- Complete warning feed from the Bureau of Meteorology. All land and marine based warning can be viewed. RSS feeds will be coming in future updates.
- Live streaming. One click that will take you to our website to see us chasing storms live for everyone to see.
- View our most recent and past photos from our chases.
- Watch videos of our past storm chases.
- Upload your own photos directly to the app and let everyone see what you captured.
Any information you get from this app are chaser opinion only (excluding warning feeds). We are in no way endorsed by the Bureau of Meteorology or any other official agencies and will not be held liable for any decisions you may make.
It currently focuses on the area of the United States typically called Tornado Alley which currently includes Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri.
Depending on whose map you look at other states like Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, and South Dakota could claim that not so distinct honor of being part of tornado alley. Look for the addition of those states at a later date.
Features included in the App:
-Storm Spotters comments and storm photo upload
-NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
-Tornado Photos and Videos
-Photo upload to send us storm photos for our gallery
-Weather alert feeds
weather videos listing
- Weather Films
- Hacking The Planet
- Forecasting The End
- Deadliest Space Weather
- Sophia's Visit
- Reel Rivals
- Lava Chasers
- Coast Guard Florida
- Iron Men: Season 2
- Weather That Changed The World
- Secrets Of The Earth
- Hurricane Hunters
- Top Stories
- Weather Forecasts
- TORNADO HUNT 2013
- Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Animals In Action
- Brink (Web-Series)
- The Power Of Weather In Action
- Bloopers/Just for Fun
- Why be a Hurricane Hunter?
- Liquid Metal Printing in 3-D
- How Do You Forecast Space Weather?
- How Bad Could a Solar Storm Be?
- Frying An Egg In Death Valley!!
- Rotating Wall Cloud In Moore, Oklahoma
- 'Looks Like War Zone'
- One Very Happy Dog
- This Buck Stops For Pizza
- Yelling Cat
- Surprise Squirrel Attack!
- Dog plays with deer
- Cat vs. Christmas Tree
- Shower Cat
- Curious Cat Sees Snow For The First Time
- Moose Climbs On Top Of Shed
- Photos Of A Baby Bottlenose Dolphin At SeaWorld
- Sleeping Cat Time Lapse
- Huge Columns of Mosquitoes Fill the Sky
- A biting kind of snow
- Super Storm Cat to the Rescue!
- Little Dog Lost in Big Snow
- Miniature horses in deep snow
- Cats know what they want for dinner?
- Dog Uses Sprinkler
- Pennsylvania Deer Enjoy A Few Inches Of Snow
- This Dog Loves Leaves!
- HILARIOUS! Dog Plays In The Snow
- Puppy Lost in the Snow
- Sleds Pulled by Happy Goats
- Close Encounters With Manatee
- Happy Snow Dog!
- The Weather Channel Goes to the Dogs
- Squirreling Around In The Snow
- Ready for Snow
- Fetch the Sled!
- Ants at Work
- Seals Clubbed To Death For Their Fur (Part 1)
- Seals Clubbed To Death For Their Fur (Part 2)
- EF5 Tornado Rips Apart House
- Tornado Breaks Into Local Bank
- Tornado Tosses Cars 40 Feet In The Air
- Raw: Ike' s Eyewall in Galveston
- Raw: Ike's Ferocious Winds
- Raw Video: Waves Over Levee Walls
- Raw Video: Gustav's power comes ashore
- Transformer Explosion Blacks Out New York City
- Winds and Rains of Gustav
- Snow Explodes Off Semi Truck
- Close Up Photos Of Snowflakes
- Watch Semi Truck Flip Over On Interstate!
- Raw: First Night Shots of Ike
- Driver Helpless as Hail Destroys Windows
- Spectacular Lightning Show
- Shocking Storm Footage Of Amazing Lightning Strikes
- Lava Inside Mt.Kilauea Reaches Record Height
- Private video
- Kansas tornado caught on camera
- See and hear deadly Alabama tornado
- Snow Devil In Cleveland, Ohio
- Solar Eclipse in 30 Seconds
- Big Snow Flakes in Parking Lot
- Two Tornadoes Approach Busy Airport In Rome
- Full Moon in Motion
- Watch A Beautiful Solar Flare
- Video Of A Tornado Near Toluca, Mexico
- Lightning Strikes Sideways
- Tornado Captured by Security Camera
- Waterspout Appears Over New Jersey Suburbs
- Radio Announcer Takes A Tumble
- The Power Of A Windstorm
- Lightning Hits Car
- Rain Shower Time Lapse
- Rare Puerto Rico tornado
- Montana Snow Photos
- Tornadic Waterspout Found Off Georgia Coast
- Beautiful Aurora Borealis from space
- Aurora borealis lights
- Time-Lapse: Snow Piles Up in Utah
- Stunning: Texas Double Rainbow
- New Video of EF4 Tornado
- Rope Tornado
- EF2 Tornado Lands At Airport
- Video Of The Tornado That Ravaged Pekin, Indiana
- Hurricane Irene's epic flooding
- House Slams Into Bridge
- First Big Snow Storm In Montana
- Blowing Snow in Minnesota
- Cool Lighting, BIG Waterspout
- It's live television folks!
- Hold your breath Jim!
- Thanks for calling... watching... ugh!
- Mickey Mouse and the empty chair
- Do not put Seidel in the snow!
- Cantore's not that short
- Cleaning up live on the air
- Seidel ruins a good meal
- Why The Weather Channel
- OLYMPIC FLAME - and the rain
- The Front Commercial
- BLOOPER: Live TV BLACKOUT!
This app has the "Thunder Timer" that tells you how far away lightning is by converting seconds into miles and kilometers.
There is also a page for SPC Maps, which include Day 1 (today) outlooks up to Day 4-8 outlooks.
If you want any specific features, please let me know so I can implement them in future releases. Also let me know if there are any bugs or problems so that I can correct them.
Thank you for downloading :)
More from developer
Instructions for install:
Sideload install is required for Galaxy Gear. Anything for the Galaxy Gear not available on Samsung App store requires a sideload. Please use APKshare to get the apk and use adb to sideload on your gear. It's a little work but it'll get it onto your Gear and then you're done and can use it all you want.
Please follow instructions here:
Tags: Google Smartwatch Samsung Galaxy Gear
Keywords: DJI Phantom, F-450, F-550, Naza M, Naza M (V2), Vision 2, Spirit of Flight
Don't forget to get the companion app Chaser Location to automatically do the work of the SpotterNetwork client from your Android phone! See also SPC Widget and Hail Scale android apps.
Rapid Report now posts to all three places independently. You don't have to setup sites that you don't want to post to.
Press the Facebook button and go through the steps to authorize the app with FB.
Press the t Setup button to setup Twitter access one time and then you're good to go!
In Settings add your SpotterNetwork Spotter ID to the setting menu. Be sure to add your encoded number/characters, not your Name or Callsign.
Troubleshooting tip: If you are having trouble logging into Facebook, try this. Uninstall your FB app. Then launch Rapid Report and press the FB login button. Go through the prompts to install a new version of the FB app. This should resolve your problem. There was a bug with older version of the FB app that caused this.
2014 All Rights Reserved - Apexice
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.
Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.
Instructions for install:
1) Go to your apps button
2) Select the Widgets tab. Long press on the SPC Widget (light blue background).
3) Drag to the area you want it on your homescreen.
4) See the config screen and choose your settings for update frequency and sounds.
5) Save and then see it on the screen.
6) Long press again to resize.
7) Long press and move to trash can to delete.
8) Repeat 1) - 6) to add again.
To get back to the config screen you have to delete your widget from the screen by dragging it to the trashcan then install a new one. Then you will see the config screen again and can set a new update time or disable the sound on the new one.
Most complete and updated map anywhere! Updated daily as new shops are added! Don't be fooled by out-of-date *FREE* apps.
No need to carry a ruler or other objects to photograph and record hail. Report accurately to the NWS and eliminates guessing. Use Rapid Report to photograph and upload your report to the NWS, Facebook and Twitter.
Sizes included in chart are:
0.25" (Pea) Size Hail
0.75" (Penny) Size Hail
0.88" (Nickel) Size Hail
1.00" (Quarter) Size Hail
1.25" (Half Dollar) Size Hail
1.50" (Walnut) Size Hail
1.75" (Golf Ball) Size Hail
2.00" (Hen Egg) Size Hail
2.50" (Tennis Ball) Size Hail
2.75" (Baseball) Size Hail
3.00" (Tea Cup) Size Hail
4.00" (Grapefruit) Size Hail
4.50" (Softball) Size Hail
Some users have reported inaccuracies in the ruler scales on the image.
To overcome this use the Calibrate Button in the upper left. Have a real ruler on hand for a one-time setup.
Your settings will be saved from each use so you don't have to redo the calibration each time.
If the ruler dimensions on the display are not matching up to a real ruler do the following:
1) Hold a ruler up to the scale and note if the image is larger or smaller than the ruler.
2) Press Calibrate
3) Pinch the image larger or smaller as needed.
4) Press Save
5) Check again with the ruler. If still off repeat steps 1 - 4
How it works:
1) Launch it once at home and press 'Set Home Location' button
2) Launch it again when on your way home from the slopes, river or trail head. Close the app and the service continues to run in your alert bar.
3) When you are within 200 meters of your garage your phone will ring, vibrate and flash a message to alert you.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for monetary damage to life or property.
2012 All Rights Reserved - Apexice