This app will allow you to carry your full maternity records on your phone if your care provider is using the Pregnancy CaPl platform. If not, it will help you know the maternity care you should expect.
Pregnancy CaPl (CAre PLan) is intended to:
1) Put you in control of your pregnancy care
2) Assess your risk of developing pregnancy problems
3) Provide you with high-quality and up-to-date pregnancy care guidance week-by-week.
4) Reduce variations in care between hospitals and / or health care professionals
The app is not intended to replace a consultation with a health professional.
'Beautifully designed with a layout similar to that of the traditional set of patients’ notes…. extremely straightforward to navigate between all sections'. (The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, a journal of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists. July 2015).
High quality information is essential during pregnancy. Often, this information is not available or not used. Mobile technology allows us to give women access to the best information. This empowers women to make the right choices during pregnancy.
Our Pregnancy App gives you evidence based information about the care you should expect, using an intelligent system based on UK and WHO and US guidelines. This assess your risk of developing pregnancy problems such as pre-eclampsia, small baby, blood clots, diabetes in pregnancy, bleeding after birth, alcohol use and mental health problems. The app then generates a detailed care guidance plan for you, week-by-week whether you are having one baby, twins or triplets. It covers key problems in developed countries (such as blood clots, weight, diabetes, mental health, high blood pressure, previous caesarean, Group B Strep, monitoring of the baby's growth, multiple pregnancy care) and key problems in developing countries such as malaria and tetanus prevention. Intelligent systems cover the care of healthy woman as well as women with medical problems. Pregnancy Capl comes with a contraction timer, kick counter and birth plan creator. There is also an information index with detailed evidence-based information about pregnancy conditions, links to support groups and animated videos.
1) Data entry
- The most important section
- Your risk assessment and care guidance depend on this
- Enter your height (cm), weight (kg) and birth weights for any previous babies (g)
- Takes 20-30 minutes depending on your medical history
2) Risk profile
- Shows your risk of different pregnancy problems
- If your risk is increased, you can tap VIEW to see a list of items that have triggered this risk and read an explanation of what the risk means
3) Care guidance
- Detailed week-by-week guidance
- Based on UK national guidelines
- Presented in 4 sections: Assessments, Tests, Treatments, Information
4) Antenatal clinic
- Enter all information usually written in hand-held notes
- Information used to update care guidance
5) Customised growth chart
- Chart designed specifically for you
- Track how your baby is growing
- Recommended by UK guidelines
- Automatically plots size of your bump
- Automatically plots estimated weight of your baby (from scan results)
- Automatically calculates fetal weight centile
- Based on UK data so will not apply to other countries
- Enter results of blood, urine tests and scans
- Data used to update care guidance plans and customised growth chart
- Due date on from scan over-rides due date from your periods
-** You may need to install a google keyboard to allow you to enter decimal points***
7) Contraction timer
-Record length and frequency of contractions
8) Kick counter
- Helps you monitor your baby's movements
9) Birth plan creator
10) Information index
- Reliable information
- Based on latest research
- Helps you make informed choices
- Links to support groups and videos
We really welcome your feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.