This is a global holiday calendar, where user can choose their own country and see the coming holidays of 2015, 2016 from various countries like USA, India, Malaysia, UK, Canada, Russia and many more. This calendar provides below features,
* Country wise holiday list for year 2015, 2016
* User\'s selected country will be remembered,
* Add personal holiday, festival or vacation with voice reminder
* Record and save a note after LONG pressing on any day,
* Play/update/delete the reminder
* Click on next/prev icon OR swipe on the top blue panel OR holiday list for next/prev month
* Covers religious festival
Please send me an email if you have any feedback or technical problems and I shall make immediate correction. The holiday information is taken from various sources on internet. We encourage you to cross-check the holidays information.
You can choose your country and region / state. The app knows which holidays are usually days off in your regions. These holidays are displayed in red automatically. You can also have holidays from other countries displayed in your list.
When you travel in Europe it will be useful to know when there are school holidays in the different countries, because these dates ar typically fixed for all schools and many people will be travelling then, so flights and hotels may be expensive.
This free version is ad supported and has less features than the original "Holiday and Vacation Calendar" which will hopefully appear soon in the Android market.
For news and information about our apps you can visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/solidapps.de
The app features a practical user interface with the upcoming USA federal holidays that allows users to add their own customizable events.
** New Year's Day
** Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
** Washington's Birthday
** Memorial Day
** Independence Day
** Labor Day
** Columbus Day
** Veterans Day
** Thanksgiving Day
** Christmas Day
New events added:
* Palm Sunday
* April Fools Day
* Good Friday
* Easter Sunday
* Secretary's Day
* Cinco de Mayo
* Mother's Day
* Flag Day
* Father's Day
* Grandparent's Day
* Patriot Day
* Boss' Day
* Election Day
* Black Friday
* Cyber Monday
* Daylight Saving Time
Long click an event and it can be easily edited or deleted after they are added.
Receive notification of upcoming events, create/restore backups of your events and import your Facebook friends' birthdays.
Some users' comments:
Michael Casey on Aug 24, 2013: Fantastic app And really easy to use Couldn't ask for a better source of information
John C. Seifert on Aug 19, 2013: Very Nice Just what I've been looking for. Where have you been up until now? Sure glad I Found you.
Erik Bowles on Jun 17, 2013: Perfect Holiday App. This is the best holiday app available.
Kareem Brown on Jan 7, 2013: Good holiday calendar. It is good app because it provides options which you can add on other events with the holiday calendar. Such as your birthday and other miscellaneous holidays or days that you desire.
Patty Thomson on Jan 13, 2013: Fantastic! Best and favorite app!
It is digital calendar android app for the year 2015.It will display all gazetted and restricted holidays. It will also display date-wise events.
The features of this app are as follows:
1. Left/right swipe on calendar for changing the month.
2. Top bar dropdown for easy navigation between months.
3. Top right dropdown for other option.
4. Top right dropdown options are as follows:
4.1. PIB Events/Releases
4.2. Latest Five PMO India Tweets
4.3. AIR News
4.4. Doordarshan News
4.5. List of Government Websites
4.6. MIB You Tube Link
Experience the smooth navigation between the views month / day / event. Nice display with pastel colors on dark background. Moon phases included.
Similar to DigiCal, Google Calendar, aCalendar, Business Calendar, Touch Calendar, Jorte Calendar, Samsung Planner. But in addition a continuous swipe gesture enabling a smoother experience.
Ads is unobtrusive, only in month view if portrait mode. And there is a button 'No ads today'.
You can remove ads permanently with 'No ads' menu option.
Following is true for all calendar apps : to synchronize online calendars you need to enable synch at device level : System Settings > General > Accounts > Add account. Radio-button "Sync calendar" has to be checked. Moreover make sure global synchronization is enabled. Refer to provided screenshots.
V 1.7 adds Indian calendar public holidays.
● Available in both Sinhala and English
● Smooth and easy swipe navigation
● Sri Lankan holiday details of past years
● Sinhala/Tamil new year customs
● Month widget for Home screen
● Local and international special days
● No Ads
● Swipe left/right to move between months
● Swipe up/down to change year
● Long press to add calendar event
If you found any bugs or if you want to make a suggestion please feel free to contact me on email@example.com.
* If you having issues after update please uninstall then install new version.
* Home screen widget might not work if you move app to SD card. This is an Android limitation.
* Because of April poya day and New year falling on same day, poya indicator will not work. This is a known issue and fix for this coming soon.
FULL NETWORK ACCESS: Use for Google Analytics
VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS: Use for Google Analytics
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions between day, week and month view
● 48 colors per calendar, 12 per-event colors if supported by the calendar (Android 4.1+ with Google calendars only)
● flexible recurrences (e.g., every 2 weeks or every 3rd day - first select weekly or daily, then set the interval)
● birthdays with photos from your addressbook and editing
● Fullscreen widgets for all 3 views plus floating 7 days
● uses Android's native calendar backend and synchronization
● no battery drain (aCalendar gets push updated from the system instead of using frequent polling)
● moon phases and zodiac signs for birthdays
● QR and NFC barcode sharing of events
● no ads
EXTRA FEATURES only in aCalendar+
With aCalendar+ you get a dozen of extra features including more views, advanced settings, Tasks, more color themes and public holidays.
Also you'll find business-oriented features like invitations, free/busy settings and sharing as text or file.
Finally your purchase helps protect the habitat of the endangered Mountain Tapir as we donate 10% of all revenue to rainforest conservation through our friends at World Land Trust
● move forward and backward by swiping vertically or volume rocker
● switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
● tap to open event
● long-press to add new event
● long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
● tap on photo to open quick contact menu
● 3-finger-tap to go to today
native language support for around 30 languages. Those are mostly user-contributed, please contact me if there is a bad translation or you'd like your language added!
aCalendar only asks for mandatory permissions for its functionality: Read and write contact data for birthdays as well as read and write calendar data for events. 'Send Email to guests' is bound to 'write calendar data' by Google. NFC is for sharing events by touching another NFC-enabled phone, and requires manual confirmation.
Unfortunately app2SD cannot be supported, because homescreen widgets do not work from SD. This is an Android limitation. But aCalendar is optimized not only for speed but also for size.
♥ aCalendar is made with love, sweat and tears in the heart of Munich. If you like aCalendar, please rate or comment and recommend it to your friends. Also consider upgrading to aCalendar+ for extra features ♥
aCalendar is free and will stay free and ad-free. No features will be taken away, but some advanced calendar features might only come to aCalendar+.
TAG: Scrollable Calendar Widget
* Government holidays and Bank holidays in Kerala.
* Malayalam month and date corresponding to English date.
* Hijara month and date corresponding to English date.
* Nakshatram on each day.
* Sunrise and sunset time.
* Muslim Prayer times.
* Shabarimala opening and closing dates.
* Raahu kaalam and Gulika kaalam
*** Pro version is available which is completely adfree.
Also Calendar + provides quick add feature which enables users to add a new event in the blink of an eye. With Calendar + you can add a new event with text or with voice. Our natural language parsing engine understands various date/time formats and makes adding a new event easier than ever before. You can also:
- Add a new event with voice input
- Add a new event through text
- Create, edit, and delete events
- Attach and see event-related photos
- Attach and see event-related map
- Switch week start day while viewing events
- Switch current custom view settings while viewing events
- Get notified of events ahead of time
- Send an email to all invited guests
- View events through various home widgets
- Change event timezone when traveling
- See daily events count through agenda view
- Filter calendars to display while viewing events
- Search events by event title
- See recently searched location on map view
- Set default calendar to add a new event (on quick add view and all edit views)
- Hide declined events
- Set up notifications & reminders settings (popup, sound, vibration setting)
- Set up default reminder time
- Add a new google calendar account
- Long-press a date or a time and quickly add new event
- See event title and location on a monthly/weekly/biweekly/3-week/4-week calendar
- Specify various recurrence rules such as "every 3 months on day 15, 5 times" etc.
- Tap a date on home widget and view event information or add a new event
and much more...
- Use as photo calendar like photo frame
- Change photo as you like or select from existing photos
- Displaying and highlighting holidays of Australia
- Monthly thoughts - allow to share
- Supported in both portrait and landscape
- Easy navigation between months
NEW IN 1.7.1:
Lockscreen extension users will find the widget in the list again
Link to extension apps in the Play Store fixed
BEFORE DOWNLOADING, PLEASE READ THIS:
• The calendar in Month Calendar Widget (MCW) is a home screen widget. The screen you'll see when opening the app is not the calendar, it's an introduction screen that tries to explain how to put the widget to work (more details below)
• MCW has been published here for more than 3 years. Its main purpose was always to provide a simple way to check dates on the home screen. It was never meant to be a calendar app to manage events. And it's free, and will always be (this is a rule enforced by Google).
• Since many people asked for events management, I have published the Calendar Events extension (a paid app). The reason it's a separate download is twofold: 1. People who want a lightweight calendar don't get overwhelmed by features they don't need 2. Making it a paid app helps me justify dedicating effort to continue publishing apps here in the Play Store
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET
First of all, don't try to "open" this calendar. It's a home screen widget, widgets work right on the Android home screen after you place them there. This is the way clock and weather widgets work, for example.
The introduction screen has more information. Just tap the "Get started" button to learn more.
In case you have problems putting MCW to work, please visit the new Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105494419095577561767
OK, I GOT IT, I'M USING IT AND I LIKE IT
Perfect! Then you can help me by:
• Spreading the word about the app: Tell your friends about it, specially in social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc
• Writing a review here: Write a nice review here and 5-star this app ;) (just kidding, be honest about the rating)
• Purchasing one of the extensions: You can purchase here on Google Play a Lockscreen extension and now a Calendar Events extension
• Making a donation: You can do it from the app's Settings screen or from http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/im-accepting-donations.html
Thanks in advance!
If you have problems installing/using the widget, have found a bug or just want to make a feature suggestion, join the Google+ community or drop me an e-mail. I appreciate your feedback. I speak Spanish, English and Portuguese, and usually respond within 24 business hours.
You can reach me also on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Jose_GD)
Find Month Calendar Widget's source code in GitHub: https://github.com/JoseGD/MonthCalendarWidget
TAG: Scrollable Calendar Widget
TAG: Scrollable Calendar Widget