Second Hand Saturday is the NSW north coast’s biggest garage sale day. With over 1000 garage sales at last year’s event, 2017 will be bigger and better than ever.
From bicycles, to potted plants, to musical instruments, to weird and wonderful collector’s objects, there will be thousands of second hand goods just ready and waiting to be discovered by bargain hunters.
It’s all about joining the fun in your local community and helping to reuse and recycle.
With millions of tonnes of waste being sent to landfill by Australian households each year, the humble garage sale is an easy way to reduce landfill and do your bit for the environment. With the spring cleaning season nearly upon us, why not hold a garage sale to reuse and recycle your pre-loved goods?
It’s a great excuse to de-clutter the house or to raise some money for your local club or charity. Second Hand Saturday is all about joining the fun in your local community.
It’s free to register to hold a garage sale. Both individuals and organisations are welcome. Just register online and your garage sale will be promoted for free in local newspapers and online. It’s as simple as that!
You can also get involved by shopping at all the garage sales across the region – and from previous years’ experience there will be hundreds to choose from!
Second Hand Saturday is a FREE community event with over 6,000 garage sales held to date.
- Search Garage Sales by item, category or location (street, suburb, city or Council area)
- Item category list filtering
- Find Garage Sales near you on a interactive map
- Instant distance indicator (Location Services ON)
- Route calculation
- Share your favourite garage sales with friends and family (SMS, e-mail, or social media)
- Bookmark you favourite garage sales for instant access.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news
- Register your own garage sale
- and more!
Second Hand Saturday is held all along the North Coast of NSW in the participating Council areas of:
- Ballina Shire
- Byron Shire
- Clarence Valley
- Lismore City
- Richmond Valley
- Tweed Shire