- Significant increases in your reading speed
- Eye-exercises and improvements in your mental capacity
This speed reading app provides everything you need to read texts of all types faster, more effectively and most of all, with better retention.
The PowerReader allows you to get your daily work done while practicing important reading skills.
Learning reading techniques has never been this much fun!
Double your reading speed in just a few days.
Trial users have used this software to increase their reading speed by an average of 143% in 10 days.
Do you currently need 30 minutes to read the daily paper? Soon you will read two papers and, in addition, another chapter in an interesting non-fiction book – within the same time period.
This innovative app provides the ideal platform to achieve measurable results with a minimum of effort.
But that’s not all: You will have fun mastering the skills you need to attain effective reading techniques and significantly increase your reading speed; this means:
- Rapid recognition of numbers, letters and words
- Flexible eye movements
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Increased vision span
The app guides you through the individual training steps.
The software immediately recognizes your strengths and weaknesses. The statistics function lets you see and track your progress.
The results of each training exercise are charted for your review. More stars mean that you are getting closer to your objective: more effective reading skills and with it extremely high reading speeds.
You can check your reading speed at any time using different reading tests from a variety of topics.
Questions about the text are used as a secondary test to assess your retention ability. This is the ideal combination for mastering effective reading skills and high retention rates.
But beware: you might get hooked since early progress will motivate you to work on your skills regularly.
It is fun and you are doing something to stay mentally fit at the same time.
We recommend that you train regularly but not excessively to ensure best results.
Who needs this app?
- Anyone reading more than half an hour a day
- High-School and College students
- Purchasing and Sales Professionals
Who can benefit from this app?
- Do you often feel that you take too long to read something?
- Do you return to previous passages because something was not clear?
- Are you easily distracted while reading?
- Do you have difficulty recalling what you read?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then this app is what you need.
English Reading Test application also has many flashcards for you. Practice them everyday to improve your vocabulary.
Don't forget put comments to help us improve this English Reading Test app.
Along with comprehension there are also questions based on words and phrases, spelling, punctuation and grammar exercises. This app makes your child's SSAT preparation a fun.
**NOTE: This is a lite version where in only few topics are available. All the remaining locked topics will be unlocked on buying the full version from within this lite version. It will be a one time purchase to unlock ALL the locked items in one go.
The passages are categorized into 12 practice papers. Each papers has one or two reading comprehensions and questions based on them. The questions on punctuation, spelling and complete the sentence test children's grammatical correctness in writing.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS
On the completion of each test the user is given a summary of questions answered correctly, incorrectly and skipped along with the time taken on each question. Every question can be reviewed and all questions have an explanation of the answer.
An interactive pie chart displays current progress for each topic. You can touch the different color slices of the pie and choose if you wish to answer only incorrectly answered questions, unattempted or correctly answered questions. This feature is very useful to achieve 100% score in each topic.
After you have practiced all types of questions, you can take a Mock Test with 50 questions. The Mock Test has questions selected randomly from each topic. Scores for the mock tests taken in the past are displayed in a bar chart. This is a great way to track how you are progressing in mock tests. There is no limit on how many mock tests you can take.
• 600 multiple-choice questions.
• Explanation with every question.
• Option to choose the number of questions to test.
• Progress meter helps to track progress, topic wise and mock test wise.
• Ability to re-attempt only the questions you get wrong or correct or never attempted
• Option to choose reset the progress and start from scratch.
Aptitude Test is a preparation tool for job aspirants and those waiting to crack CAT, XAT, MAT, GRE, GMAT, SAT, NTSE and various bank exams.
We have other two apps namely logical reasoning test and general knowledge quiz which helps you to crack the competitive exams
1. Logical Reasoning Test – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nithra.math.logicalreasoning
2. General Knowledge quiz – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nithra.quiz
Aptitude Test and Preparation app contains aptitude questions with answers and solution which is very useful when you are going for job interview in a company or attending exams
How this Pocket aptitude for Jobs and exams app is differs from other aptitude app are
• 600+ Questions (Questions are added now and then)
• Questions are categorized into topics
• Formulas for each topic
• Detail Solution for every question
• Scratch Pad for workouts
• Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
This application has huge collection of Aptitude under different categories such as
2 ALLIGATION OR MIXTURE
5 BANKERS DISCOUNT
6 BOATS AND STREAMS
8 COMPOUND INTEREST
9 CHAIN RULE
11 DECIMAL FRACTIONS
12 H.C.F. AND L.C.M.
13 HEIGHT AND DISTANCE
17 PROBLEMS ON NUMBERS
20 PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
21 PIPES AND CISTERN
23 PROFIT AND LOSS
24 RACES AND GAMES
25 RATIO AND PROPORTION
26 SERIES - ODD MAN OUT
27 SERIES - FIND MISSING NUMBER
28 SIMPLE INTEREST
30 SQUARE ROOT AND CUBE ROOT
31 STOCKS AND SHARES
32 SURDS AND INDICES
33 TIME AND DISTANCE
34 TIME AND WORK
36 TRUE DISCOUNT
37 VOLUME AND SURFACE AREA
Aptitude and Logical Reasoning both are very important for crack the competitive exams. So we need both aptitude and logical reasoning skills.
One of the best ways to improve the comprehension skills of young students. Children enjoy using their favorite electronic devices to learn!
*"Lite" version limited to free "first" story in each grade level. "Pro" version allows unlimited reading of all stories + free story add-ons available constantly.
Comprehend App helps you in improving your reading and listening skills and check your comprehension ability.
1. Be aware of your reading speed ( words per minute ).
2. Sharpen your listening skills.
3. Check your comprehension in both reading and listening mode.
4. Benchmark yourself.
5. Ability to add your own passages and use the app. Cut-paste from your existing text or from the browser and use the app to practice reading, listening and comprehension.
Note : After Inapp purchase, long-press on each passage title to edit,email passages.
• 5 short, engaging stories for young readers per grade level
• A variety of fiction and nonfiction
• Track stories read and what’s next on the reading list
• Automatic suggestions to increase reading difficulty when students achieve consistently fast wpm scores
• Timer automatically calculates wpm for each reading attempt
• Each grade 1 through 4 story includes questions to check reading understanding
•Question pools of 6 to 9 questions per story gauge comprehension on rereading attempts
•Question prompts for grade 1 stories include audio support for developing readers
Summary Charts and Graphs
• Grade Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency (time) and comprehension (correct answers) mastery across the grade level
• Story Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency wpm and correct answers for the last 6 reading attempts per story
• Easily delete single reading attempts from charts
• Classroom teachers or reading specialists performing student reading assessments like DIBELS
• Educators looking for age-appropriate, Flesch-Kincaid-aligned reading passages for reading or literacy instruction
• Parents seeking a way to gauge their child’s current reading proficiency
K12 Timed Reading & Comprehension Practice was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts and Phonics curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, e-mail email@example.com
Our Ultimate Reading Comprehension series was designed for students looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• A collection of 12 original stories written specifically for this app
• Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade levels
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
>> Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards <<
Non-fiction topics included in this app:
- All About Bats
- The Life of Abraham Lincoln
- The History of Video Games
- The Appalachian Trail
- Predator Insects
- The Story of Clara Barton & the Red Cross
English Reading Comprehension Test
Let's test your English Reading Comprehension Skills through this simple 5-minute tests.
You can improve your English skills anywhere with this simple and easy app.
Along with comprehension there are also questions based on words and phrases, spelling, punctuation and grammar exercises.
Have topics from various categories.
The passages are categorized into 5 grades. Each papers has one or two reading comprehensions and questions based on them. The questions on punctuation, spelling and complete the sentence test children's grammatical correctness in writing.
After you have practiced all types of questions, you can take a Mock Test with 10 questions from each topic. The Mock Test has questions selected randomly from each topic. Scores for the mock tests taken in the past are displayed in a bar chart. This is a great way to track how you are progressing in mock tests. There is no limit on how many mock tests you can take.
You will love all apps and Nursery rhymes by Simsam.
This app provides many training questions for people who want to get high score in SAT tests.
Thanks for using this app and don't forget put comments to help us improve this app.
Enjoy Our SAT Test app with 6 categories:
1. Reading Sentence Completion
2. Reading Comprehension
3. Math Problem Solving
4. Identifying Sentence Errors
5. Sentence correction (improving sentences)
6. Editing in context (improving paragraphs)
SAT Test application also has many flashcards for you. Practice them everyday to improve your vocabulary.
Hope you like our SAT Test app
5 reading passages
No internet connection is necessary
Written by experts
Useful practice for other international English exams, such as Cambridge CAE and IELTS.
The TOEFL Reading section measures test takers’ ability to understand university-level academic texts and passages. In English-speaking academic environments students are expected to read and understand information from textbooks and other types of academic material.
TOEFL® is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This mobile app is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
Get a better band score in the IELTS General Reading Test using these quality practice tests from Exam English, leaders in online English language test preparation.
1 complete test for the IELTS General Reading test
3 reading passages
Written by experts
Useful practice for other international English exams, such as TOEFL and CAE.
This speed reading app is a fun, effective and FREE way to increase your reading abilities. This app uses the fundamentals of metaguiding and viewing exercises to train your eyes to process text quicker. We have also included a diagnostic tool so you can check your progress as you read!
The average adult reads at about 250 words per minutes with a 70% comprehension rate. Students who have used the Ivy Standard system have seen increases of up to 500 WPM in as little as two weeks of use.
Development of this app is made possible through support from our sponsors. If you would like an ad-free version (as well as unlimited speeds, comprehension questions, and integration options), try the full version of this app!
Q: Why does this app require permissions?
A: Basically, we use these permissions to run basic app functions:
Internet / Network State
Our app pulls reading material and comprehension questions from a central database so that you can see updated books / questions without having to download a new version of the app. Every time you open the app, the database is updated! Since this is only text (and occasionally a small cover picture) data usage should be very minimal.
Write / Storage Permissions / Phone State
We need to write the downloaded data onto your device for two reasons:
-to allow you to use our program in the event that you do not have an internet connection
-to save bandwidth so you don't need to download the data if you already have it!
Once again, the data we store is only text, so space used is minimal (usually under 1 MB).
**We do not collect any personally identifying information or store any other unwanted information on your device!
This application intends to provide the free test samples for your TOEIC reading test.
With thousand of question and samples that cover on almost TOEIC reading test contents, it really brings you the best preparation for your incoming TOEIC Reading test. In addition, it goes with super friendly interface, easy to use, It is really can be your best friend on TOEIC reading preparation.
- It is FREE.
- More than thousands of TOEIC reading samples can cover almost TOEIC reading test contents.
- It is designed with easy and friendly user interface.
QuotEd ACT® Science is the second app produced by QuotEd’s quirky team. Not only have our content writers scored perfect 36’s on the ACT Science section (meh), but many of QuotEd’s users also have scored perfect 36’s (oh yeah!)!
QuotEd ACT Science’s students have seen an average improvement of over 3 points on their ACT Science section scores, and those are the students who aren’t using QuotEd’s materials in conjunction with an ACT prep course or ACT tutoring (those students often improve 4-10 points). To quote one recent test-taker who called us with a thank you: “The strategy sections alone were worth it: my score went up 7 points between the June ACT and the September ACT!”.
Normally, people pay thousands of dollars to a tutor for the tips and training found in this app, because they aren't published anywhere else! Here's how our unique training program can help turn you into an ACT test-taking beast:
•ACT-busting strategy sections for handling tricky graphs, diagrams, tables, & other quirks
•Over 250 questions so you can train whenever you like
•A “most common terms” glossary for each science category that the ACT tests
--Note: there are other apps and books that give you "ACT terms" quizzes, but their authors haven't actually analyzed what terms the ACT typically tests, so you'd be studying stuff that rarely or never appears on the ACT!
•Full explanations of each ACT Science answer choice
•Passages pulled from top-level science publications or written by science experts (PhD caliber, baby!)
•Questions written or reviewed by a nationally respected, standardized test consultant
Oh, and we’ve got a passage that teaches you about a way of controlling bedbugs without pesticides or pest control experts. So there’s that. I guess our only flaw might be that some of our passages are more interesting than those found on the actual ACT Science section. If that’s our biggest flaw, we’ll take it.
While we can’t regularly use fantastic quotes to guide you like we do with QuotEd Reading Comprehension (our other ACT app!), we’ll do our best to include quotations in QuotEd ACT Science when we can. Follow @QuotEdapp on Twitter for more ACT tips and free gift cards!
Disclaimer: ACT® was not involved in the development of this app, nor does the ACT endorse QuotEd ACT Science. We’re pretty happy about that.