Enjoy Thoko Vuka! Thoko Muka! Thoko, Wake Up! E-BOOKS, FLASH CARDS & MORE!
- Have fun learning and discovering African stories, languages, and cultural heritage
- Enjoy authentic and captivating content - created by Africans and featuring African characters
- Enjoy the app without any annoying 3rd party advertisements
Download it now to enjoy entertaining content wherever you are in the world.
- Enjoy our Thoko Vuka! Thoko Muka! Thoko, Wake Up! flash cards in Shona, Ndebele and English.
- Audio books and more languages are coming soon!
- Preview our beautifully illustrated and captivating e-books. Created by Africans. If you love them, buy them and enjoy them right from our app. Thoko Vuka! Thoko Muka! Thoko, Wake Up! are just the beginning.
- Want a hard copy? No problem. Order straight from the app with one click!
COMING SOON: MORE BOOKS, KIDS SONGS, & ANIMATED CONTENT
Be the first to find out when they become available. Download the saanrize app.
OUR FIRST BOOK!
Thoko Vuka! Thoko Muka! Thoko, Wake Up! is the first in our series featuring Thoko, a brave, young Zimbabwean girl living in the diaspora with her trusty sidekick toy, Zou-Zou, who is an elephant just like her family totem! Join Thoko and Zou-Zou as they go on fun and amazing adventures to learn about her culture and heritage. This first story is inspired by the popular Ndebele nursery rhyme, Thoko, Thoko Vuka! written by Joanna Sibanda (nee Moyo). Get to know Thoko and follow along as she rushes to get to school on time!
WHY THE NAME SAANRIZE?
We wanted something that would embrace all Africans and our research showed us that the Saan are the oldest tribe in Africa, thus the oldest of us all. To honour that connection we chose the first part of our name “saan”.
We see our mission as being a new dawn and creating of a “saan” uprising that strengthens our children’s identities, allows us to own our narrative, and shape our destiny as “saan” people. There is also a slight play on sunrise – which is beautiful, unique, and inviting. These are elements we want to embrace and amplify with this platform. So here we are: saanrize. We hope you’ll rise with us.
We are a media, entertainment and merchandising company dedicated to providing engaging, authentic, representative, and educational content and consumer products. We aim to preserve African languages and heritage while fostering a strong sense of African pride, unity and identity because our native languages matter and our heritage is worth preserving!
All our products are purposefully and proudly created in collaboration with African artists, writers, makers and designers. With every purchase you make, you are empowering our collaborators and enabling us to share authentic African stories.
Follow us on instagram: @saanrize, facebook: facebook.com/saanrize or twitter: @saanrize