Welcome, and thank you for checking out the new Seereer Radio App.
Seereer Radio is a community based online radio station, setup as part of the Seereer Resource Centre's educational initiative to preserve and promote Seereer culture, history and traditions.
The Seereer people to whom we broadcast for, are an ethnic group found in Senegal, The Gambia and Mauritania (West Africa). Other variations of their name include: Sereer, Serer or Sérère.
Seereer Radio is an online streaming radio station that educates and entertains. We broadcast 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for the Seereer community and all those who love Seereer culture, history and traditions.
Listen to exclusive interviews and live topical discussions on matters relating to Seereer religion (A ƭat Roog), history and culture. Join the conversation by Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, telephone, text or e-mail.
Along with topical discussions, we also play Seereer and Senegambian music for your total delectation. Request or dedicate a song to yourself, a friend or family member using our inbuilt dedication/shoutout form, or even better, call us for free on Skype–direct from the App.
Built into this App is our programme schedule and presenter biographies which helps you keep up with your favourite shows and presenters. We have also included our four main websites that works diligently to promote and preserve Seereer Heritage™, namely: Seereer Radio, The Seereer Resource Centre (SRC), Seereer Heritage Press and The Seereer Resource Centre and Seereer Radio Joint Podcast. You can navigate through all these websites without living the App or opening a new window. You can even voice your opinion about a particular programme on the show's webpage, comment on our photos and videos without leaving the App.
Thanks for checking out the new Seereer Radio App. We hope you will find a home here and continue to allow us into your living room. Tune into Seereer Radio and let us be your educator and entertainer.
The brand new Seereer Radio App has finally arrived! Our old App is still downloadable and functions pretty well, but this new App of ours has all the features that enhance your listening experience.
• Listen to Seereer Radio live in high quality wherever you are.
• Our photos, videos, podcast and website in one place. Watch, listen, read and react without opening multiple windows.
• Get the latest podcast episodes on your device.
• Find your favourite radio shows on our programme schedule.
• Learn some Seereer phrases with our easy to follow language guide. For further learning, visit Seereer Heritage Press at www.seereerheritage.com for resources on Seereer and Cangin languages such as Saafi, Ndut, Sili-Sili (or Palor), Laalaa (or Lehar) and Noon.
• Help the children learn and recite the Danaas prayer before going to bed.