It can be resized, moved and minimized to notification panel.
With the transparency option user can see the application behind the Popup Dictionary.
It can receive text from other applications via Share function.
A long click on a search result adds that word into favorite words .
Integreated with Google Translate.
Please send your request and feedback by email.
Keywords : popup dictionary, onscreen dictionary, dictionary, english, spanish, french, russian, android dictionary, floating dictionary, translate, floating translate
★ Standalone Dictionary
★ Floating Widget that floats above any app.
★ Copy the word into clipboard, Floating widget will bring it's meaning instantly.
★ Very useful while reading ebooks/internet, etc.
Offline dictionary based on stardict format.
stardict format support.
1. Downlaod 'stardict' file from any web site.(by google search)
2. unzip and check if .dict, .ifo, .idx files are exists(You can decompress .mz or .dz file after changing it to .gz)
3. copy 3 files to 'sdcard/stardic' folder or some other folder.
For some one who wants to learn foreign language.
Now two ways to use!
1. Send/share the selected word(s) to Send To Dictionary.
2. (NEW) Clipboard text lookup - copy text from anywhere and select Send To Dictionary from the Notification Bar. Meaning it can now work with apps like iSilo and other apps that don't have send/share function!
A dictionary helper app that sends/share any word to ColorDict or GoldenDict for instant lookup.
Useful when reading in an app that does not support dictionary lookup directly for example, a web browser.
Since this app depends on ColorDict or GoldenDict (offline/online dictionary tools), Internet connection is not required and is very customizable.
REQUIRES and currently supports: ColorDict and GoldenDict
Thanks to Oldřich for letting me know this app works with GoldenDict too.
PERMISSION REQUIRED: Run at Startup - To be able to automatically run on boot when clipboard lookup is enabled.
* All words are listed. You can see nearby words easily.
* Allow looking up all the words whose definition text contained a certain word.
* Allow looking up all the words that matched a pattern, which is very helpful for learning.
* It is free software, source code at https://github.com/baohaojun/BTAndroidWebViewSelection
* The dictionary data is also free, derived from GCIDE (http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcide/).
* Other APKs can "share" a word for CrossDict to look it up.
Our eBook App gives you easy access to our ever-expanding range of eBooks for both primary and post-primary schools.
Get FREE access to sample chapters of all our available eBooks once you download this App.
Our interactive eBooks contain audio, video, animations and web links, as well as other useful features such as search, zoom, highlight, personal notes, bookmarks and easy navigation of contents.
You can use your Gill & Macmillan eBook on multiple devices and all personal notes attached to your eBook will automatically sync across all of your devices. Our secure cloud-based platform means that if your device is lost or broken your eBook and notes are backed up.
The Gill & Macmillan eBook App is a gateway to great content from one of Ireland’s leading educational publishers.
Enjoy your Gill & Macmillan eBook experience!
Database size is more than 6MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
All you have to do is
1. Select the word whose meaning you want to see
2. Choose Share and choose Quick Meaning
3. And you'll get your meaning!
Check out the video above to see it in action.
You can continue what you were reading after getting the meaning :)
It also shows you an example sentence to make the meaning clearer.
Works awesomely with: Browsers, Book Reader Apps(Aldiko etc), GMail/email clients and more!
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Planned for Future: Synonyms and pronunciation!
Get ready to download: it works offline without any further file to download!
* More than 400000 words
* Get an instant definition of any word, simply select and copy the word, and its meaning/definition will be displayed without moving away from the currently active application.
* Compatible with Browser, Moon+ Reader, WhatsApp and many more
* Fast as it works offline. (Internet connection is not required).
* The application gets started automatically during the booting up of the device, and works from the background. This feature can also be turned on/off from the settings of the main application.
* User can also look for the definition of any word just like any other dictionary application.
* Adding a new word in the dictionary.
* Customize the dictionary by adding new words and/or modifying the definition of existing word.
* A list of recently searched word for quick references.
Known Technical issues:
In some Samsung and other mobile phones, GOOGLE CHROME has some problem with clipboard feature due to which our application may crash.
Developed by :
Vaibhav tomar and Shubham Saxena.
Floating dictionary, which lets you translate without interrupting Your work.
Translate effectively and promptly, even without connection.
Application always waits in background for input.
Control the dictionary with gestures to speed up work.
Ideal for reading books, news or just browsing the internet.
Save Your favorite translations.
Each translation shows occurrence of the word in written text.
Learn pronunciation of english words using ipa transcription.
Read books entirely offline, enjoy translations without connection.
More than 200 000 dictionary pairs.
For dictionary look ups, now you don't need to type or speak up the same word with multiple retry. Hawksword simplifies that job for you.
Features of hawksword Dictionary:
1) Camera capture and OCR recognition to scan books, newspapers and all print media (requires permission of FLASH LIGHT, CAMERA and AUTO FOCUS. So, might not be available in all the devices)
2) Voice recognition with the list of all the probable gueses
3) Clipboard access for retriving a text from other applications like web browser, pdf viewer
4) Share with hawksword, for quickest access to the dictionary from other apps like web browser
5) Type support
6) Quizing among friends via social network sharing
7) Offline dictionary, no data connection required
8) TTS for pronounciation
9) History and favourites
The most useful feature of the app is the list which gives more flexibility. Scan big text(from camera) or copy paragraphs (from other apps), hawksword will parse those words and will list them out. Now with just one click you can access the dictionary meaning of any word.
This app is powered by the following open source projects and technology. We are deeply grateful to them.
1. teserrect 3.01 as an OCR engine
2. wiktionary as a dictionary (both online and offline mode)
3. OCR test app as the base code of the app on top of which Hawksword developed
The Tale of Peter Rabbit is a British children's book written and illustrated by Beatrix Potter that follows mischievous and disobedient young Peter Rabbit as he is chased about the garden of Mr. McGregor. He escapes and returns home to his mother who puts him to bed after dosing him with camomile tea.
The tale was written for five-year-old Noel Moore, son of Potter's former governess Annie Carter Moore, in 1893. It was revised and privately printed by Potter in 1901 after several publishers' rejections but was printed in a trade edition by Frederick Warne & Co. in 1902. The book was a success, and multiple reprints were issued in the years immediately following its debut. It has been translated into 36 languages and with 45 million copies sold it is one of the best-selling books of all time.
***[ Smart Point Reading ]***
Apply the best reading solution “Smart Point Reading” to the smart phone for reading books effectively.
Smart Point Reading is the solution matching the Real Audio Book with the regular book to narrate the book with native actual voice not TTS.
This solution has been used in elementary schools in the US for reading comprehension and also adapting FPR(Finger Point Reading) technology used for the purpose of curing dyslexia. We developed this solution to help reading effectively with well concentration and help recognizing and understanding easily through the smart phone.
And the Smart Point Reading Solution contains Read Aloud Solution which is a Reading Assistant Program based on reports of “Read Aloud” recommended by NRP (National Reading Panel) in US to implement “Methodology of Effective Reading Solution” for the users to compare their recorded voices with audio books.
***[ Plot ]***
The story focuses on a family of anthropomorphic rabbits, the widowed mother rabbit cautioning her young against entering a vegetable garden grown by a man named Mr. McGregor, telling them: "your Father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor".
Whereas her three daughters obediently refrain from entering the garden, going down the lane to pick blackberries, her rebellious son Peter enters the garden to snack on some vegetables.
Peter ends up eating more than is good for him and goes looking for parsley to cure his stomach ache. However, Peter is spotted by Mr. McGregor and loses his jacket and shoes while trying to escape. He hides in a watering can in a shed, but then has to run away again when Mr. McGregor finds him, and ends up completely lost.
After sneaking past a cat, Peter sees the gate where he entered the garden from a distance and heads for it, despite being spotted and chased by Mr. McGregor again. He finds difficulties in wriggling beneath the gate, but manages to escape the garden, only to spot his abandoned clothing articles being used to dress Mr. McGregor's scarecrow.
After returning home, a sickened Peter is bedridden by his mother whereas his well-behaved sisters receive a sumptuous dinner of milk and berries as opposed to Peter's supper of chamomile tea.
*** [MANUAL] ***
1. How to use smart point reading
- When you touch the screen, you can see the play button. Touch the play button to start
- While reading is processing, you can touch the sentence for 3 seconds then it will turn to start from that sentence.
- If you touch the screen one more time, the reading will stop
2. How to use E-book
- If you touch the screen around the play button, the play button will be off. (Hide)
- Click the image long zooming the image
- Click the word long – connecting to the online dictionary: if you push the save button, it will save in your vocabulary section (Menu Vocabulary confirm)
- Drag the left or right screen – changing the pages
- Click translation icon long on each page – translating to each country’s language (coming soon)