Team London, the Mayor’s volunteering programme for London, makes it quick and easy for Londoners to give their time, find volunteering opportunities and do great things for their city. Whether it’s cleaning up the environment or volunteering at one of the capital’s great events, Team London mobilises the community spirit and enthusiasm of Londoners to make a difference. To make it easier for Londoners to fit volunteering into their lives, Team London has launched London’s first Speed Volunteering App!
So, what is Speed Volunteering?
Speed Volunteering roles make it easier for people to give a little bit of time while still making a positive impact. They all have the following characteristics:
• take a couple of hours to complete (no more than six)
• are intended to be ‘one-off’
• are available at short-notice
• have no significant barriers to volunteering
Speed Volunteering is a great way to gain your first taste of volunteering. With our free Speed Volunteering App you can:
• easily find and register for volunteering opportunities closest to you
• get your friends to join you
• find and connect with volunteer involving organisations
• track and submit your volunteer hours with a swipe of a finger
• challenge yourself to a Speed Volunteering Challenge
Give a little time, make a big difference! Get the App today and start scrolling with purpose!