The Details Screen:
1. HEADING (update number, current update date/time, next update date/time)
2. ICON (intensifying, weakening, steady)
3. SUMMARY (Philippine typhoon name, international typhoon name, current eye location, maximum windspeed, gustiness, area of responsibility, direction and speed, heading towards location)
4. BACKGROUND (no typhoon, over ocean, landfall)
5. NARRATIVE (descriptive behavior of the typhoon)
6. SIGNALS (Public Storm Signal Warnings issued by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)
7. DISTANCES (distances with respect to places of interest and popular destinations)
8. FORECAST (weather outlook for the next 2-5 days)
The Map Screen:
1. GREEN PIN (the user or device location)
2. RED PIN (the typhoon location)
over the map, which is available in three (3) views, with support for pinch, drag and zoom.
The Reference Screen:
Shows the application guide and provides useful typhoon information.
The Credits Screen:
Displays the developer details with links to viewing the application website, showing some love for the application, sending user feedback to the developer, and sharing the application to friends via email.
iTyphoon is a product of Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nueca) Learn more at www.nueca.net
Presenting accurate weather data provided by the Hong Kong Observatory efficiently with a new and simple design.
It's free and ad-free. Get it now.
- Clean and simple user interface
- Indication of heat index with background colour
- Optimized for battery life
- Reduced mobile data usage
- Resizable home screen widgets with digital clocks (1 x 1, 2 x 1, 4 x 1, 4 x 2, 5 x 1 and 5 x 2)
- Exclusive user interface for 7" and 10" tablets
- Compliance with the Android Design guidelines for better user experience
- Current weather
- Warning notifications
- 7-day forecast
- Rainfall radar images
- Astronomical data
- Tropical cyclone track
- Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
How does it work?
The app retrieves weather data from the skyHK Server powered by Google App Engine whenever possible while a device is using mobile data. The skyHK Server obtains data from the Hong Kong Observatory's website and data feeds regularly, then serialize the data to reduce data size and facilitate data transfer to Android devices, in order to optimize the devices' battery life and reduce the mobile data usage. In case the server becomes unavailable, the app would obtain weather data from the Hong Kong Observatory directly instead.
Special thanks to the Hong Kong Observatory for authorizing the provision of weather data, the Environmental Protection Department for providing the AQHI data via Data.One, and @AdamWhitcroft for creating the delicate Climacons icons set.
The information provided by DynAPPmics (“the app developer”) on the skyHK application (“the app”), including but not limited to weather information provided by the Hong Kong Observatory with authorization, is for general information only. Whilst the app developer endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this general information, no statement, representation, warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, is given as to its accuracy or appropriateness for use in any particular circumstances. The app developer accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or related to the use of such information.
This website / product / service contains information that is copied or extracted from data made available by the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the “Government”) at http://www.gov.hk/Data.One/ (“Data.One”). The provision of information copied or extracted from or a link to Data.One at this website or in relation to the product or service shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation by the Government with any person in relation to this website, the product or the service or any contents herein. Nothing in this website, the product or the service shall give rise to any representation, warranty or implication that the Government agrees with, approves of, recommends or endorses any contents of this website or the product or the service. The Government does not have any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever arising from or in respect of your use or misuse of or reliance on or inability to use any contents herein.
- Minimalist! Clean interface!
- Sliding menu navigation for easy access to district weather, forecast, China and world weather information
- Weather data obtained from Hong Kong Observatory
- Theme support: 8 colorful themes to choose from
- Bilingual: English or Traditional Chinese
- Share the weather page to others via Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.
- Now the basic app is done. What fun features would you like to add?
- This app is approved by Hong Kong Observatory in retrieving/using weather data. Hong Kong Observatory retains all rights to all its data.
Special Thanks to:
- Meteocons (http://www.alessioatzeni.com/meteocons/)
Fantastic HD widgets & Professional Weather app
GPS search for current location
Dynamic animated backgrounds that change as the weather does
Choice between metric or imperial units, 12-hour or 24-hour time display
Ten original widgets of the weather, time(1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1, 4x2, 5x1, 5x2 etc)
Up to 5-day weather forecast
Full tablet support
Design for saving power
Widgets include Digital Clock, special effects like sunny, thunderstorm or clouds, and weather forecast.
Different update frequency, such as each 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 hours
Support language: English, Chinese CN, Chinese TW, Chinese HK
"Weather Widget Pro" - Your's Best Choose. We are working hard to make it always better, we want it to be the best.
If you like this app, please leave a positive, 5 star review. It's really important and it will help us a lot!
If you have any question, contact us using the email or comment. We will do our best to reply immediately!
- Shows Hong Kong district weather information according to your current location.
- All weather information is provided by Hong Kong Observatory with authorization
- Most of the improvements are based on your comments, so feel free to rate and leave some comment for me ^_^
- If you have questions and want me to answer, please feel free to email / facebook me, as there is no way for me to answer if you put your questions in market's comment
Will not have app2SD as if enabled, widgets and notification will fail. This is Android's design.
- Background color?
can be set in settings, you can see the samples in the screenshot session
- different screen size?
I will try my best to add different screen size support, as there are too many.
- Widgets fail to auto update?
Try to go into that widget's setting and press back
re-add the widget
- Location not accurate?
the location is the closest HKO station, may not be the district name that you are currently in
"Sunny Hong Kong" is designed for Hong Kong People. With the weather data from HKO, "Sunny Hong Kong" can provide you an accurate regional weather condition, weather warning, air quality and forecast details. The speical one-page-view allow you to glance through the weather information in no time, and the weather condition and warning displayed in notification bar make the information available to you almost instanly!
If "My Observatory" is too old-fashion to you, "Sunny Hong Kong" is the best alternative.
• Regional weather condition, today weather condition, weather forecast and warning signals
• Weather Radar Image
• Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) and forecast
• Sun rise and sun set time in Hong Kong
• Typhoon Track Path
• Elegant and minimalist interface
• Beautiful photos of Hong Kong as background
• Display weather condition and warning in Android notification bar
• Highly customizable (color and font size) widget with weather and clock in various size (1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1, 4x2, 5x1 and 5x2)
• Dashclock Extension
"Sunny Hong Kong" is free. But you can upgrade to Professional Version. Pro. version add the following features:
• Stop schedule update if network is unavailable in order to further minimize the battery consumption
• Enable the "Clock Widget - Large"
Thank you for your support.
Problem report: https://www.facebook.com/sunnyhongkong
# All weather data come from and copyrighted by Hong Kong Observatory
# Air Quality Health Index come from Environmental Protection Department
從天文台網站中取得現時各地區天氣照片 , 香港天氣溫度 , 濕度 , 紫外光指數 , 天氣概況資訊 , 未來7日天氣資訊 , 風暴圖 , 天氣插圖 , 生效警告圖示, 生效警告資訊 ,空氣污染指數
香港天氣實報 所有天氣資料複製授權來自香港天文台，除非預先得到香港天文台的授權，否則嚴禁複製、改編、分發、發布或向公眾提供該等資料。授權 / 參考編號 : HKOG 6/20/13 _ S/N: 000957
香港天氣通知 所有空氣污染指數資料複製授權來自環境保護署，除非預先得到環境保護署的授權，否則嚴禁複製、改編、分發、發布或向公眾提供該等資料。授權 / 參考編號 : EP130/C4/1
此外本程式是經過網路取得資料 , 並不能保証所取得資料準確性 , 如有任何問題 , 可以到政府的天文台或環境保護署網站取得正確資料。
Features 1: All weather information is provided by Hong Kong Observatory instant updates
Features 2: Interface is simple, feature-rich, as many as 28 function taking into account the needs of all parties
Features 3: Applications is only (247)kb
Features 4: High performance, security, stability
Features 5: Desktop VIP Widget provided
Function 1. Standard Hong Kong Time (server calibration)
Function 2. Fast Weather Warning (real-time updates)
Function 3. My Location Weather (live view)
Function 4. Detailed Weather Warning
Function 5. Today's and Regional Weather Report (detailed regional weather reports included)
Function 6. Tomorrow's Weather Outlook
Function 7. Next 7 Days Forecast
Function 8. Ultraviolet UV Forecast (uv curve of king's park included)
Function 9. Air Pollution Index
Function 10. Beach Water Quality Report
Function 11. Astro and Tidal Information (moon phase and tidal curve are also included)
Function 12. Earthquake Quick Report System
Function 13. Hong Kong Photos
Function 14. Atmospheric Pressure Chart
Function 15. Typhoon Path Diagram
Function 16. Meteosat Figure
Function 17. Visibility Plotting
Function 18. Radiation Maps
Function 19. World Weather Summary
Function 20. Our Information Document
Function 21. Switch at any time in English and 中文
Function 22. Switch Template Freely (3 templates included)
Function 23. Latest Desktop VIP Widget added (1x1, 2x2, 3x3 supported)
Function 24. Free to set Desktop Widget
Function 25. Super Enlarge Function added
Function 26. Back Key added
Function 27. Fast Network Setup
Function 28. User Manual
Note: All rights reserved. 香港天氣 WeatherHK. Copyright 2013 WSWMS.
- Now and upcoming 8 hrs weather forecast
- Easy-to-read icons to show you the weather info
- UV index
- Wind speed / direction
- Manual update icon
- Auto / manual switching languages (supporting languages: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English)
This app doesn't use the HKO icons, because they are covered by HK Government copyright.
More from developer
TAG: Scrollable Calendar Widget
We use Airpush Notification Ad. Ad may appear in the notification bar sometimes.
TAG: HK Typhoon Route, Typhoon Map
TAG: Scrollable Calendar Widget