POI "Points Of Interest" are points on the map (GPS coordinates with descriptions) that you are interesting in and that you want to store. It can be a place of business meeting, destination of tourist trip, location of parked cars, etc.
- What is the POI pocket application for
POI pocket is a web and mobile application designed for planning, sharing, and synchronization POI. The Web version allows confortable planning and working with POI on the "big computer". With the mobile app you have your POI always with you. Points on your mobile or tablet you can easily browse and mainly forward them to your car navigation (Tomtom, Sygic, BeOnRoad, ...) or mapping applications (Google Maps, Locu maps, Orux ...).
For detailed information and help please visit our website www.POIpocket.com
- The function of mobile application
• Synchronizing with web applications, the ability to work offline
• Browsing information about POI
• Easy forwarding POI to other mobile applications (car navigation, mapping applications,...)
• Quickly create POI from your current location
• Public sharing POI - send POI to anyone via email or SMS
• Support for tablets and mobile phones - various layout of forms
- The function of web application
• Easy creation of new POI, smart location search (based on GPS coordinates, address, URL to various mapping applications....)
• Easy forwarding POI to many web mapping applications. The ability to send more than one POI at one time - route planning
• Public sharing of POI or POI groups - send POI to anyone via short URL link
• Export POI to various data format (GPX, KML,...)
• Synchronizing with any number of mobile devices
• Expansion of web browsers for even easier creating POI - simply by marking text
- Application price
The application is available for free. In the basic version can be stored up to 50 POI at one time. That should be enough for most users for everyday work. Who is planning an extended trip, or want to create a larger POI database can buy "POI limit 500, 1500 or 5000".
It works globally, has over 500 location types and even provides turn-by-turn directions to your chosen destination.
Fully customizable, an incredibly simple interface hides a sophisticated engine that plugs into the largest Points of Interest database and global map on the market.
Can't decide where to go? Use our Shake-to-Suggest feature to explore and experiment!
✔ Over 500 preset searches sorted into 12 common categories.
✔ Search can be done within a few taps, no typing needed.
✔ Fully customizable. You can sort, add, remove, rename all items.
✔ Simple user interface and intuitive user experience.
✔ Review your recent searches and most used searches.
✔ Configure start-up view, choose between home, recents or last viewed.
✔ Shake-to-Suggest, deciding on where to go can be just a shake away.
✔ User Ratings and Reviews, sharing your experience with other users.
COMING SOON: Our team is already working on new features including offline database, user-ratings and translation into many languages. Stay tuned for the free update and feel free to contact us for any feedback so we can improve the app for you.
Our Production Team
iOS Development: Myles Harding, Jin Khera
Web Development: William Kelly
Graphic Design: Nancy Wu
Administrative Support: Sai Wu
Producer: Edward Tsang
Please understand that this is an ongoing development. If you have found any issues or bugs, please let us know by email, email@example.com. We will solve them with free updates.
Check out http://www.ondemandworld.com/wheretogo/ for more info.
➔ Follow us on Twitter.
‼ Like us on Facebook.
+++ Latest version 5.4.1 now available +++
- The application requires additional data (maps, voices etc.) via WLAN after installation
With NAVIGON you can transform your Android smartphone into a fully functional mobile navigation system with on-board maps, which entails no data transfer or roaming charges for map display, route calculation, etc.
*** Features and range of functions ***
+ Extended display of traffic signs: Warning of sharp turns, overtaking bans, accident risk, and more
+ Lane Assistant (static display) and Active Lane Assistant (dynamic display)
+ Bluetooth support (HFP or A2DP)
+ NAVIGON Latest Map Guarantee (new customers receive the most up-to-date map when purchasing the app)
+ HERE and Foursquare Local Search*
+ Fuel Live - Provides current fuel prices for Germany*
+ Glympse - Send your position information to selected users*
+ Safety Camera warning (for permanently installed cameras)
+ Reality View Pro – photorealistic display auf motorway junctions, exits, bifurcations…
+ Speed Assistant – display of current speed limit and adjustable warning on exceedance
+ NAVIGON Reality Scanner – augmented reality POI search
+ NAVIGON MyRoutes – Calculates up to 3 routes at a time
+ Text-to-Speech with precise spoken announcements
+ Different English and German accents
+ Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
+ Destination entry by coordinates
+ 2D and 3D map displays (birdview)
+ HERE (former Navteq) map material for 44 countries of Europe
*this function requires a data connection
Enhance your system with these useful in-app packages :
+ Urban Guidance – navigate in many European urban areas using public transport**
+ Panorama View 3D – shows you the landscape not as a flat image, but with mountains and valleys
+ NAVIGON FreshMaps XL – Receive regular map updates***
+ NAVIGON cockpit – Animated graphics show all available driving data your phone can provide
+ TrafficLive – Real-time traffic information let you avoid traffic jams*
+ POI all-in-one – Add 100 thousands of extra POIs to your onboard database
+ Mobile Alert Live – this service informs you in your country about mobile danger zones and lets you report such
+ Mobile Alert Live Premium - As Mobile Alert Live, but working Europe wide, providing information level of reliability, time since last report and the number of reporters travelling in your direction
+ NAVIGON LPG and Bio-Diesel filling stations – an onboard database with lots of LPG/Bio-Diesel service stations
+ Smartwatch Connect - enables pedestrian navigation on the SONY SmartWatch 2 or the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2.
Requires additional installation of the free extension NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect, available here in Google Play,
Resp. NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect Gear on the Gear Manager Store
*this function requires a data connection
**The service is currently available in more than 65 European metropolitan areas. Urban Guidance is a Live service and therefore requires a data connection
***The service is covenanted for at least 24 month
- The app requires min. android OS 2.3.3
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. This means that all map material, voices and system files are saved on your phone. Therefore no charges or waiting time for data transfer are incurred (except mentioned differently for specific functions)
- The Europe version can require up to 3.4GB of free memory (depending on the number of countries you select). Please ensure you have sufficient available mass-storage space available. The map material must be downloaded after installing the app via WiFi (WLAN). Please ensure a reliable and safe connection is available.
- On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
This App is still in developement. In the beginning There might be frequently some updates to remove bugs and to add new features.
This App allows you to import a *.csv / *.asc poi-database packed in a .zip file or extracted in a directory and can inform you if you get close to them. There is also the possibility that you can use your installed navigation system to navigate yourself to the pois.
You may include pictures and sounds which will be shown and played as a additional notification.
There is already some downloadable content at the NaviFriend(dot)com forum.
At the moment there are only a few databases supported.
This is a project which emerged out of a cooperation of some users of the NaviFriends(dot)com forum and me. This App doen not collect any data and has no advertisements.
All the necessary rights during installation are used by the app.
If you find any bugs or have some ideas or have some questions please feel free to contact me under the
e-mail address below.
For the bargain price of 0,99€ get lifetime FREE access to offline TomTom maps for over 100 countries, POIs, route planning, free map updates, PLUS enjoy two weeks of premium navigation and up-to-date traffic & mobile speed camera information.
High quality maps from TomTom and other providers are stored on your phone for use without internet connection.
To get the most of the app upgrade to premium and enjoy lifetime: 3D maps, turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, lane guidance, speed limit warnings & junction view with lane indicator arrows at complex intersections with one year of Premium Traffic and Speed Cameras.
• High quality TomTom maps stored on the device
• Works with GPS only, internet is not needed
• Turn-by-Turn voice guided navigation
• Millions of free pre-installed POIs
• Free map updates & Free POI database updates
• Free updates of Fixed speed cameras
• Head-up Display (HUD) available as in app purchase
• Spoken Street Names to focus on the road
• Three Alternative Routes to choose from
• Easy Drag & Drop route editing
• Waypoints for places you want to visit
• Avoid Toll Roads on your route
• Dynamic Lane Guidance for safe lane changes
• Junction View to highlights highway exists
• Warnings for exceeded Speed Limit
• Warnings for fixed speedcams
• Police trap warnings from other drivers
• 3D Cities & Landscape for easy orientation
• Pedestrian Navigation to walk and explore
• Compass & Stopwatch for outdoor activities
• Graphics optimized for tablet & HD displays
• Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
• TripAdvisor POIs as free download in Sygic Store
• Park.me with 25,000 U.S. parking locations
• Groupon deals in U.S. – find, buy & navigate
ADD-ON FEATURES (in-app purchase)
• Premium Traffic and Speed cameras
• Head Up Display (HUD) projects GPS navigation onto your windshield
MAPS AVAILABLE FOR FREE:
Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Islands, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Reunion, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vatican, Zambia, Zimbabwe. Israel, India, Vietnam, Venezuela
MAPS AVAILABLE ONLY WITH PREMIUM:
Sygic | Bringing life to maps.
CoPilot Truck is an excellent offline voice-guided GPS navigation app designed specifically for drivers of HGVs, Trucks and vans. It can help lower your driving costs by avoiding unnecessary mileage, reduce your fuel consumption and avoid costly accidents.
*New: 12 months free ActiveTraffic™ service included*
Unlike car navigation apps, CoPilot Truck takes into account HGV-restricted and prohibited roads to provide safe, reliable route guidance:
► Avoids low bridges and weight/height/width-restricted roads
► Warns about sharp bends and no-overtaking zones
► Avoids truck-prohibited roads, turns and U-turns
► Avoids hazardous or flammable materials-restricted roads as appropriate
► High-quality truck-specific street maps of a single European country or region. You can upgrade later to full European maps via in-app purchase.
► Maps are stored on your phone or tablet for offline use so you don't need data connection
► Calculates truck-appropriate routes based on vehicle size and load
► On-screen warnings about hazards including steep inclines, sharp bends and railway crossings
► Create custom profiles for easy switching between vehicles or for use in-car
► Displays nearby truck restrictions
► Thousands of useful points of interest for commercial drivers including truck stops and rest areas
► Turn-by-turn voice directions with text to speech to pronounce full street names
► Multiple-stop trips, waypoints, three alternate routes and powerful pre-trip planning
► Clear 3D and 2D driving views
► Lane indicator arrows and ClearTurn™ junction views make navigating complex intersections simple
► Navigate to a house number, street, full UK post code or address book contact
► Continuous guidance during phone calls
SAFE & DEPENDABLE
► Speed camera alerts with FREE updates (not available in France or Switzerland)
► Speed limit indicator and warnings (Truck speed limit warnings on main roads only)
► Unique directions-only driver safety view to keep your eyes on the road
AVOID DELAYS – 12 MONTHS ACTIVETRAFFIC* SERVICE INCLUDED
► Get an alert for a quicker route if there’s a delay
► Receive detailed information on travel incidents on your route
► Always get the fastest route based on changing traffic patterns at the time of day and day of the week you’re driving
COMMERCIAL-GRADE HERE STREET MAPS:
► Price includes one European country or region as standard (choose and download via WiFi after purchase).
► Upgrade to full European maps via in-app purchase
► DETAILED STREET MAPS WITH TRUCK RESTRICTIONS
UK, France, Germany, Austria*, Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, Italy*, Belgium, Denmark, Poland*, Croatia*, Czech R*, Norway*, Sweden*, Finland*, Slovakia*, Slovenia*, Luxembourg*, Portugal*, Ireland*
► DETAILED STREET MAPS WITHOUT TRUCK RESTRICTIONS
Andorra, Estonia, Gibraltar, Greece, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Monaco, San Marino
► MAJOR ROADS AND CITIES ONLY
Albania, Bosnia & H, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, Belarus
*Truck restrictions only for main roads
✔ Integrated Google search and Wikipedia to find nearby businesses and brands
✔ Local weather information and five day forecast
JOIN THE COPILOT COMMUNITY:
User manual, FAQs and more information available at copilotgps.com/truck
* Requires a mobile internet connection
^ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
NEW IN THIS VERSION
Completely new design.
Detect driving activity to autostart alert service.
Find your car.
Better voice and window style configuration.
Autostart and Parking Info powered by Anagog mobility and activity recognition.
XIAOMI, ZTE and MIUI users:
Before you can use this app, you'll probably need to change some security settings.
Go to System Settings > All > Apps > Downloaded > Radardroid
Toggle the switch that says 'Show popup windows' (second option).
At the bottom, go to 'Manage permissions'.
Set 'I trust this app' to on.
It might also be necessary to reset the app data/settings.
Open the app 'phone manager', click settings in the top right corner. Select "dropzone management" and give the app permission.
If this doesn't work, try the instructions for XIAOMI/ZTE/MIUI users.
If you want to help us to translate Radardroid to your own language, please join us at http://crowdin.net/project/radardroid-lite
This app uses Google Analytics for gathering ANONYMOUS app-usage statistics.
• Smooth, blazingly fast maps. Vector-based, fully scalable and ultra fast.
• Online and offline maps. Enjoy maps with or without internet connection.
• Search with character. A few characters – in any order – and we’ll find your destination.
• Local Search. It’s all about finding accurate and up-to-date destinations.
• Wikipedia on the map. The free encyclopedia.
• Weather on the map. Weather has never been more accessible.
• Doesn’t the world look a whole lot better in 3D? Stunning 3D buildings and photorealistic landmarks make navigation so much better.
• Automotive quality navigation. We deeply care about correct routes, lane information, speed limits and road signs.
• So why would your map always have to look the same? Our map is always just right – bright and clear during the day and incredibly stylish at night.
• Nietzsche was right. All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.
• There are a 1,000 different ways to get to Rome. We offer you the best alternatives. You choose.
• You can rely on our speed alarms. We automatically warn you when you are speeding.
• Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly which lane to use? Now you can.
• Road signs in your navigation. Everything that is relevant to you.
• Crystal clear instructions. ‘After 300 yards, turn right onto the A3 towards Basingstoke.’
• Multi-stop routes. Because sometimes going from A to B goes through C.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Navigation in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• The future is here. Follow Me puts a virtual car on your camera image, which you just have to follow.
• Because not everyone is the same. Choose your own Follow Me car.
• Super easy to set-up. ROUTE 66 Navigate automatically detects where to put the virtual Follow Me car.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Follow Me in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• Speed cameras. Save big on speeding tickets.
• App in the foreground? In the background? We’ll warn you anyway.
• 95% coverage. We’re working on the other 5.
• Timing is everything. Safety and savings, the result.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Speed cameras in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• HD Traffic. Reliable and super accurate traffic that simply works.
• Save up to 18.5% of your time. Proven.
• We do the math. You decide what you want to do.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out HD Traffic in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
PANORAMIC CAR KIT
• The Panoramic Car Kit was made for ROUTE 66 Navigate. And vice versa.
• Free shipping. Anywhere in the world.
• Available on store.66.com
For more information, please visit www.66.com.
SEARCH YOUR WAY, BY NAME, CATEGORY OR KEYWORD
Looking for some fancy new clothes? Search 'GAP', browse 'clothing shops in London' or use keywords like 'clothing'. It's up to you.
SEARCH IN YOUR LANGUAGE, WHEREVER YOU ARE
In a foreign city but don't know the local word for bakery? No problem. TomTom Places lets you use your own language to choose from thousands of local businesses.
MAKE SMARTER CHOICES ABOUT WHERE TO GO
Can't decide where to eat tonight? See the restaurants around you on a map or in a list. Then read reviews, check opening times, follow web links and call or email - all from the app.
SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE SEARCHES
Always looking for the nearest book shop, petrol station or gym? Save your favourite search terms and find them in a tap.
IQ ROUTES & HD TRAFFIC
Experience TomTom's patented mapping, traffic and routing intelligence for free. Browse high quality, always up-to-date maps. This will give you reliable information on arrival time and the best way to avoid traffic delays along the way.
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth®-enabled 2012 through 2014 Garmin devices, including the RV 760, nüvi 2475, 2495, 2595, 2595, 3490, 3590, 2417, 2517, 2597, 2467, 2567, 2797, 2497, 2577, 2598LMTHD, 2559, 2589, 2599, 2689, 2699, 2789, and 3597**. Some of these nüvi models require a software update, available at www.garmin.com/myDashboard.
What Are Garmin Live Services?
Garmin Live Services provide the most up-to-date “live” information to your Garmin navigator using your existing mobile data plan. There’s no need for an additional data connection. Some services are included free when you connect to Smartphone Link. Others are available through subscriptions that offer premium content and enhanced features.
Examples of Garmin Live Services:
Local weather information - Current localized weather, temperature and forecasts.
Live Traffic** - Garmin Live Traffic provides the best-in-class real-time information to help you
navigate in and around congestion. Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle.
photoLive traffic cameras* - Provides drivers the ability to look up real-time photos from traffic
cameras to get a glance at traffic and weather conditions.
Advanced Weather* - In addition to what the free weather service provides, Advanced Weather
also allows users to receive severe weather alerts and view animated radar images on the nüvi. Colors distinguish types of precipitation, such as rain, snow and ice, to help you avoid bad driving conditions.
Real-time safety cameras**: Alerts you to fixed and mobile safety camera data to help you arrive
safely at your destination.
Dynamic parking: Helps you locate parking areas close to your destination. It also will provide you with the number of spots available and the current cost of the parking spot.
*Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan's data and
**Not available in all areas. Subscription required.
>> Always know the fastest route: TomTom Traffic gets you there faster
>> Get real-time traffic information: See exactly where delays start and end and how to avoid them
>> Quick access to your favorites: Immediately start driving to your favorite places
>> See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D: Know exactly where you are so you never miss a turn
>> Get alerts for safety cameras: Avoid speeding fines with accurate and timely speed warnings
>> Navigation you can rely on: No need for an internet connection to plan your route
Download TomTom GO Mobile and drive with the app for a fixed number of free miles every month. Upgrade to Unlimited Navigation to drive without miles restriction. Select from a one year or three year subscription, depending on your driving needs.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS
The previous TomTom Navigation app for Android is replaced by the new TomTom GO Mobile app. Buyers of the Navigation app can drive with the GO Mobile app for 3 years for only $0.99 (or equivalent price in your local currency). For more information see http://goo.gl/LWtw1w
- Lifetime World Maps: Always drive with the latest maps for over 100 countries**
- Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your smartphone. So you don't need an internet connection, or data roaming, to plan a new route or re-route.
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic: Always drive with real-time traffic information for the lifetime of your app*
- Lifetime Safety Cameras: Avoid speeding fines with accurate and timely speed warnings for the lifetime of your app*
- Points of Interest: From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs
- Navigate to Contacts: Never memorize an address again. Select a contact from your list and the app will plan your route.
- Quick search: Find your destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick search starts to find your destination as soon as you start typing.
- Tap and go: Tap on your favorite destination on the map, and you’re on your way
* Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services require a cell phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad.
** You can download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
TomTom reserves its right to unilaterally withdraw and/or to amend this offer and/or to amend the terms and conditions.
You can enjoy unlimited navigation features with no hidden costs.
offline gps navigation
free map updates
multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
GPS / Glonass ready
speed limit warnings
fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
large POI database
pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
night mode based on local sunset time
+++ Update version now available +++
Important: Update may require additional data via wiFi (WLAN)!
ONLY customers who already have one of the previous full versions bought can use this software as an update.
The unlimited full version can now be found in the paying area.
Samsung users: Please use WLAN for download of maps!
Take advantage of real-time traffic information to plan your trips
– Locate free-moving and congested routes through green-orange-red colour coded maps, as well as road closures and all traffic information.
– Choose a route to avoid time-wasting traffic jams!
With MICHELIN Navigation, stay calm and safe with a GPS navigation system offering simplified ergonomics:
– All Michelin route options: Michelin recommended, shortest, discovery route…as well as journey costs with toll fees included
– Schematic and uncluttered presentation of directions
– Simple and non-intrusive voice guidance
– Hazard areas and real-time traffic incidents (traffic jams, roadworks, slow moving traffic, information on traffic conditions and flow on roads, motorways and ring roads, including closures…)
– Speed limits on continuous display with visual speeding alerts
– Free GPS with maximum readability
Stay in the know in real-time, even on familiar routes, with the community alert option
The Alert mode is a location tracking system enhanced to receive alerts while you focus on your driving:
– Uncluttered presentation
– Over 30,000 speed cameras in Europe
– Speed limits continuously displayed
– Visual alerts when speed limits are exceeded
Take advantage of alerts shared by other drivers to avoid any surprises!
– And you, too, can share traffic and incident updates on your route: hazard zones, speed cameras, traffic jams, road works, accidents
Together, the road becomes safer.
Let’s take the best route together…
Note: traffic information available for Europe and England (traffic for London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Northampton...)
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Take the smart road with the MICHELIN App Collection
Discover a package of free interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your journeys:
-Maintain your tyres and your vehicle:
oMICHELIN MyCar (tips on checking and maintaining your vehicule)
-Drive more safely:
oMICHELIN Navigation (guidance and traffic information in real-time) oViaMichelin (mapping and route planning)
-Make the most of your mobility:
oMICHELIN Hotels (real-time booking)
oMICHELIN Restaurants (restaurant search and booking)
oMICHELIN Travel (the wealth of tourist information from the Green Guide)
GET TOMTOM TRAFFIC ON YOUR TOMTOM GO
Your TomTom GO device is ready to receive world-class TomTom Traffic updates. Simply download the free MyDrive mobile app onto your Android smartphone* and connect to your device to drive with real-time traffic information.
With this companion app, you’ll always know the quickest route. See where delays start and end, and get to your destination faster. Activate TomTom Traffic with the free MyDrive mobile app today to stay in complete control of all your journeys.
- This app cannot be used to download system updates and maps to your GO device. To update your GO device, please visit the TomTom MyDrive website: http://www.tomtom.com/mydrive
- If you would like TomTom's world-class turn-by-turn navigation on your smartphone the TomTom Navigation app is also available separately for purchase in the Travel section of this store.
*A compatible smartphone with a data plan is required. Additional data charges from your network may apply. Visit tomtom.com/connect for more information.
Use cases for this application:
√ Public messaging to a big screen on events
√ Out-of-office auto-answer on SMS (just reply, don't forward)
√ Backup SMS's on 2nd phone or on the web (just forward, don't reply)
√ Security: Tap & Forward SMS from employees
√ Process SMS messages from APp4Buck's SineDroid application (power lost messages will trigger a website)
√ Remotely controlling electronic devices by SMS like the http://www.arduino.cc/ range (switch on your campsite fridge or airco using 1 SMS message FRIDGE ON, check the possibilities online)
√ Receiving and processing any other SMS messages that are processed by a website
√ Any other creative solution - please tell us how you use it!
√ A received SMS from phone number 1234567 contains the message "VOTE Alicia"
√ You configured the forward URL to
√ The following URL is posted:
√ The website generates an XML output containing the field
Thank you, your vote to Ms. Keys was processed;
√ You configured the app to have in the SMS reply
√ The user with phone number 1234567 gets a reply with
"Thank you, your vote to Ms. Keys was processed"
√ The application will automatically startup on SMS reception
√ Play a sound on SMS reception
√ Send the SMS to a website's URL (the website should support this, using HTTP GET, not POST)
√ Get XML output back from the website (usually a short delivery description, but may contain any information)
√ Fetch certain fields (this is configurable) from the XML and create an answer SMS
√ Reply the SMS with the answer
√ Forward the original SMS (or the answer) to any other phone number
√ All features above are configurable
On screen message history with delivery status (red/green) (max 50 messages)
√ The received SMS is not removed
Restrictions and constraints
√ The app delivers the SMS using HTTP GET
√ HTTP POST is not supported
√ HTTPS is not supported
√ There should be an internet connection available
You need Android 2.1, a few 100 kbytes internal storage, 10 Mbyte RAM, and access to SMS and the internet (WiFi, ethernet, SIM data connection or cabled USB to a PC). Using Wifi you con't need a data subscription, just a cheap SIM is needed with an SMS bundle.
We kindly request these Android permissions during installation:
√ Receive SMS message: a clear requirement
√ Send SMS: to reply or forward the SMS
√ Internet: We deliver the SMS using HTTP to your server so we need internet access. Also, the help pages in the application are streamed from this website. No other internet pages are used. No information is sent to any other party.
√ V1.00 None
√ Support HTTP POST
√ HTTPS is out of scope yet
End User License Agreement: By buying, or downloading or using this application the user(s) of the application declare to agree with the following statements:
√ This application is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
√ App4Buck shall not be responsible for any damage caused by using the application.
√ App4Buck shall not be responsible for any damage caused by any malfunctioning of the application.
√ The application shall not be used for life-critical applications or any other critical situations.
Here is an example list of what you can safeguard with SineDroid:
√ Freezers and refrigerators power drop
√ Power Generator failures, power drops
√ Remote doorbell (just briefly interrupt the charging power through a push button)
√ "Power slave": detect whether a device switched on (a pump, a lamp, etc.) by using a master/slave power strip
√ Overload and blown fuse detection
√ Boat and vehicle power watch, 12V battery status
√ Solar systems battery watch, battery status
√ Server or PC crash/reboot (USB power drops)
√ Surveillance lights with movement detection (hook the phone charging power to the lamp)
√ Boat leaking detection (using a float that switches the phone charging power on or off)
√ Phone theft (when it’s connected to the charger)
√ Any other power drop or power recovery that feeds your Android phone
In SineDroid, up to three different events are watched: power lost, power restored, and low phone battery level reached. All you need to do, is go to the settings page and fill in on which event you want to be alerted and your mobile phone number. That’s it. The app will warn you as soon the event happens!
Each of these are individually programmable and can have a descriptive name. You can define whether you want just a sound alert, a warning text message, or both.
The main screen shows the name of the scheme and location and the conditions that are watched. A big on/off switch helps you switching off the feature and the quit button will end the application.
The name SineDroid was chosen to be unique and reflects the sine wave that typically is the wave shape of the mains voltage.
√ detects external power loss
√ detects external power recovery
√ detects low phone batters
√ sends SMS text message with user defines warning text on any of the aforementioned events
√ audible signal on any of the aforementioned events
on screen warning on any of the aforementioned events
√ also works in the background or when in suspend mode (sleep)
Related hardware and applications
A typical setup is a cheap Android phone connected to a charger, plus your normal or business mobile phone. Maybe there is no need for you to purchase any additional hardware, but we could think of some useful inexpensive gear...
√ Master/Slave mains power socket: when one socket detects something being powered, the other sockets come alive too. So, if some device is connected to the master socket and it stops operating, the slave socket, where the phone is plugged into, loses power and will trigger SineDroid.
√ Inverted Master/Slave mains power socket: let’s say you attached a pump triggered by a float in your boat. As soon the pump is started by the float, the master socket switches off the slave socket, causing the phone to lose external power. This is detected by SineDroid.
We kindly ask Android permission for:
√ SMS messages (we only send messages to the addressee filled in by you, if configured)
√ internet: the help pages are streamed from www.app4buck.com. No other content is downloaded or uploaded.
√ V1.0 In some docks, after docking, the power events are not detected anymore. If you experience this, simple leave the app and restart the app.
√ V1.0 Freezes after aboutbox, also freezes after double alert
√ V1.2 None._____________________
Keywords: power, power cut, power alert, power guard, mains alert, trigger, generator, aggregaat, netspanning