POI "Points Of Interest" are points on the map (GPS coordinates with descriptions) that you are interesting in and that you want to store. It can be a place of business meeting, destination of tourist trip, location of parked cars, etc.
- What is the POI pocket application for
POI pocket is a web and mobile application designed for planning, sharing, and synchronization POI. The Web version allows confortable planning and working with POI on the "big computer". With the mobile app you have your POI always with you. Points on your mobile or tablet you can easily browse and mainly forward them to your car navigation (Tomtom, Sygic, BeOnRoad, ...) or mapping applications (Google Maps, Locu maps, Orux ...).
For detailed information and help please visit our website www.POIpocket.com
- The function of mobile application
• Synchronizing with web applications, the ability to work offline
• Browsing information about POI
• Easy forwarding POI to other mobile applications (car navigation, mapping applications,...)
• Quickly create POI from your current location
• Public sharing POI - send POI to anyone via email or SMS
• Support for tablets and mobile phones - various layout of forms
- The function of web application
• Easy creation of new POI, smart location search (based on GPS coordinates, address, URL to various mapping applications....)
• Easy forwarding POI to many web mapping applications. The ability to send more than one POI at one time - route planning
• Public sharing of POI or POI groups - send POI to anyone via short URL link
• Export POI to various data format (GPX, KML,...)
• Synchronizing with any number of mobile devices
• Expansion of web browsers for even easier creating POI - simply by marking text
- Application price
The application is available for free. In the basic version can be stored up to 50 POI at one time. That should be enough for most users for everyday work. Who is planning an extended trip, or want to create a larger POI database can buy "POI limit 500, 1500 or 5000".
This App is still in developement. In the beginning There might be frequently some updates to remove bugs and to add new features.
This App allows you to import a *.csv / *.asc poi-database packed in a .zip file or extracted in a directory and can inform you if you get close to them. There is also the possibility that you can use your installed navigation system to navigate yourself to the pois.
You may include pictures and sounds which will be shown and played as a additional notification.
There is already some downloadable content at the NaviFriend(dot)com forum.
At the moment there are only a few databases supported.
This is a project which emerged out of a cooperation of some users of the NaviFriends(dot)com forum and me. This App doen not collect any data and has no advertisements.
All the necessary rights during installation are used by the app.
If you find any bugs or have some ideas or have some questions please feel free to contact me under the
e-mail address below.
No matter when and where you are in The Netherlands, start Taxi Nu!
You will immediately receive a list of taxi companies in your area. No search input is required.
Results are sorted by distance from your location and provide useful additional functions:
- Call a taxi company directly
- Map view
- Getting there
- Information and Payment
- Reviews of many results
- Save addresses found in your contacts and share with friends
Taxi Nu - takes you to any destination!
Taxi Nu Zoek & Vind - Powered by De Telefoongids & Gouden Gids
It works globally, has over 500 location types and even provides turn-by-turn directions to your chosen destination.
Fully customizable, an incredibly simple interface hides a sophisticated engine that plugs into the largest Points of Interest database and global map on the market.
Can't decide where to go? Use our Shake-to-Suggest feature to explore and experiment!
✔ Over 500 preset searches sorted into 12 common categories.
✔ Search can be done within a few taps, no typing needed.
✔ Fully customizable. You can sort, add, remove, rename all items.
✔ Simple user interface and intuitive user experience.
✔ Review your recent searches and most used searches.
✔ Configure start-up view, choose between home, recents or last viewed.
✔ Shake-to-Suggest, deciding on where to go can be just a shake away.
✔ User Ratings and Reviews, sharing your experience with other users.
COMING SOON: Our team is already working on new features including offline database, user-ratings and translation into many languages. Stay tuned for the free update and feel free to contact us for any feedback so we can improve the app for you.
Our Production Team
iOS Development: Myles Harding, Jin Khera
Web Development: William Kelly
Graphic Design: Nancy Wu
Administrative Support: Sai Wu
Producer: Edward Tsang
Please understand that this is an ongoing development. If you have found any issues or bugs, please let us know by email, email@example.com. We will solve them with free updates.
Check out http://www.ondemandworld.com/wheretogo/ for more info.
➔ Follow us on Twitter.
‼ Like us on Facebook.
No matter when and where ever you are in The Netherlands, start Restaurant Nu!
You will immediately receive a list of restaurants in your area. No search input is required.
Results are sorted by distance from your location and provide useful additional functions:
- Call a restaurant directly
- Map view
- Getting there
- Information and Payment
- reviews of many results
- Save addresses found in your contacts and share with friends
Restaurant Nu – if you need something to eat now!
Take MAPinr. MAPinr is a simple Android app that allows you to manage your kml/kmz files and view them on different maps.
Please let us know your problems and ideas on how to improve MAPinr (firstname.lastname@example.org). Don't be rude just because we do not provide some functionality you were looking for. Instead drop us an email.
MAPinr provides the following functionality:
- Create kml/kmz files
- Load existing kml/kmz files
- Save kml/kmz files
- Show waypoints, photopoints, paths, polygons
- Create waypoints (with pictures/photomap)
- Share single waypoints
- Share kml/kmz files (with pictures)
- Use different maps (Google Maps, Google Satellite, OpenStreetMap (OSM), Opentopomap, Mapquest, Opencyclemap and OVI)
- Search by name, address and coordinates (format: 48.23;16.48)
- Display multiple KML files simultaneously
- Ad free
- Offline maps (coming soon, v2.0)
Keywords: kml, kmz, gps, geolocation, waypoint, geocaching, kmlz, google maps, google earth, osm, poi, photocaching, offline waypoints, hiking, coordinates, my tracks, my maps, mymaps, my places, pin, racking, navigation.
Compared to related apps MAPinr will not sniff into your private data and only requires the following permissions:
- Approximate location / precise location: Required to show your current location on the map. MAPinr also works with GPS fully deactivated.
- Modify or delete / read the contents of your USB storage: Required for storing and loading kml/kmz files and photos.
- Access Google Photos: Required to add photos from Google Photos to a waypoint.
- Read Google service configuration: Required for map access.
- Full network access: Required for downloading map data from the Internet.
- In app purchase.
Our Germoany offline road map (route map) primarily displays roads and transport links rather than natural geographical information. Offline Germoany road map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and more detailed area around the cities: Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Frankfurt, Manhaim, Studgart, Koln, Essen, Douisburg, Dortmund, Hamburg, Bremen
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, parkings, restaurants, gas stations)
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
Germany, (officially: the Federal Republic of Germany), (German: Bundesrepublik Deutschland) is the largest country in Central Europe. It is bordered to the north by Denmark, to the east by Poland and the Czech Republic, to the south by Austria and Switzerland, and to the west by France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands. Germany is a federation of 16 states, roughly corresponding to regions with their own distinct and unique cultures.
Germany is one of the most influential European nations culturally, and one of the world's main economic powers. Known around the world for its precision engineering and high-tech products, it is equally admired by visitors for its old-world charm and "Gemütlichkeit" (cosiness). If you have perceptions of Germany as simply homogeneous, it will surprise you with its many historical regions and local diversity.
This app allows you to track the real-time flight status and see the live map flight track of any commercial flight worldwide and general aviation (private, charter, etc) in the United States and Canada.
Track by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code. Tracking data includes complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
Receive real-time push notification flight alerts, view airport delays, see nearby flights (in the sky overhead), and more!
Permission to access your Contacts is used only when you choose to create a flight alert to be sent to another person. We do not store or transmit your contacts list in any other way.
Please send your feedback to email@example.com
In that case we might just have the right thing for you! May I introduce you to our brand new App POI Guide!
What it does, you ask? Well, POI Guide is the perfect solution for your problem.
It notifies you, unasked, when you come near to a P(oint) O(f) I(nterest) and gives directions and valueable information regarding your POI!
- Proximity alert.
- Awesome information for every POI.
- Seamless integration of in-app updates (for the POI databases) => Less Play Store updates!
- No setup necessary, we're taking care of that for you :)
- Android 5.0 support!
*Overview of app:
- A complete rail and subway map of the Tokyo area
- Transit search
- Offline Wi-Fi spot search
- Maps and spot information
- All-in-one route search
- Train Service Status / Alternative Route Search
- Issue free 14 day ID/PASS for NTT FREE Wi-Fi (from outside of Japan)
[FREE] Transit search
- Covers all local and express trains, subways, and bullet trains in Japan, including Japan Rail (JR) and Tokyo Metro (subway)
- Search directly from a zoomable interactive map of the Tokyo area
- Save up to 5 recent routes. Details of the routes can be seen even while offline.
[FREE] Offline Wi-Fi hotspot locator
- You can find over 50,000 free Wi-Fi spots operated by NTT FREE Wi-Fi, FREESPOT, Starbucks, JR-West Free Wi-Fi and Osaka Free Wi-Fi. The spots can be searched offline
- AR mode will tell you the approximate distance and direction to the Wi-Fi spot
- Issue a free 14 day ID/PASS for NTT FREE Wi-Fi (from outside of Japan)
[FREE] Maps and spot information
- Locate your current position on the map using GPS
- Look for places to visit across Japan from a database of four million points-of-interest in English
- A list of attractive must-see sightseeing spots around Tokyo, including Asakusa, Roppongi, Akihabara, Tsukiji, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Ueno, Ebisu and Mt. Fuji is available
[PAID] All-in-one route search
- Provides door-to-door directions and suggests the best mode of transportation for the journey
- Covers all public transportation modes (train, subway, bus, airplane, taxis and ferries)
- For train routes, the app will suggest the most convenient car number for transit and provide platform information. For taxis, it will give a price estimate.
- Turn-by-turn GPS pedestrian navigation available for walking routes
- Train station list
- Save up to 50 recent routes. Details of the routes can be seen even while offline.
[PAID] Train Service Status / Alternative Route Search
- If there is a delay on a train line that is suggested in the route, a notification will alert you. Alternative routes can also be searched where available.
To use full features of the app, please purchase the 7 days or 30 days ticket via In-App-Payments.
With a device running Android OS 4.0 or later, set the following items in "Developer options" initial configuration to operate our app properly.
- Force GPU rendering
- Do not keep activities
- Background process limit
- Show all ANRs
FlightHero Free has more than 1 million downloads and has been positively mentioned by Forbes, WSJ, CNN, cnet
FlightHero has been in a top paid 10 travel apps in dozens countries including Germany, United States, Italy, United Kingdom, Russia and Japan.
These features make FlightHero to be one of the best travel apps:
• Actual position of the aircraft with the actual speed for most flights.
Use it as your personal virtual flight radar to know the aircraft speed, latitude, longitude and the altitude
• Nearby flights within 140 miles (200 km) including a tail number
FLIGHT BOARD WITH ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES IN REAL TIME
• Auto-refresh with the ability to cache flights during offline mode
• Advanced sorting order
• Advanced filters: airlines, flight status, arrival and departure information and time range for the most effective sky scanning
• 3 days (72 hours) time interval for arrivals and departures
AIRLINES. THE LARGEST COVERAGE
• 1500 airlines: commercial, cargo, charters
AIRPORTS. THE LARGEST COVERAGE TOO
• 16500 airports around the world
• Nearby airports within 140 miles (200 km)
• Sync flights with Calendar app
• Sync flights with TripIt by Concur
• Alerts on flight status changes
CURRENT WEATHER AT THE AIRPORT AND AIRPORT TRAFFIC DELAYS
• Delay on a 5-point scale with the 0.2 step
• Actual temperature
• Wind speed and direction
• 15 day detailed weather forecast helps you stay dry when you grab your kayak for fishing on vacation
• Available for major airports. Download all at once from the “Additional content” tab
• Available for major airlines. Download all at once from the “Additional content” tab
• Specifications for 400+ aircraft types
MAPS USING GOOGLE MAPS
• Live flight maps in 3 different modes: Standard, Satellite, Hybrid
• Actual flight paths shown when available
• Your actual current position
• Road path from your current position to the airport
• By flight number and departure date
• By route and departure date
• Saves 10 recent flights and airports
• Add flights and airports by swiping from the right to the left
• Hotels booking via booking.com
• Cars booking via rentalcars.com
• Exchange rate for the most currencies in the world
SHARE INFORMATION ON FLIGHT STATUS
• 29 Languages
• 4U 9525 Germanwings Barcelona Duesseldorf A320
• Single version for Android Phones and Tablets
Activities are organized into the following categories:
* Search - Find new Placemarks by address, or coordinates.
* My Location - Center or mark your place quickly, toggle Real/Mock location, Search nearby, and Share your location.
* Layers - Allows you to toggle the visibility of My Location, Placemarks, Satellite, Traffic, Track, and Route layers.
* Placemarks - View list, Center, Change location, use as Mock location, Navigate to, Route to, Search nearby, Street View, and Share
* Routes - View list, Change color, Details, Hide, Show and Share
* Tracks - View list, Start/Stop Recording, Change color, Graph, Tour on Google Earth, View at Human, Land, and Plane speed, and Share
* Images - View list, set Default for Marker, Import as a Marker, Import location from Image
* Markers - View list, Edit/Delete/Hide/Show groups of Placemarks, Markers created for each Import
* Compass Mode - All visible layers rotate instead of My Location arrow rotating towards north
* Copyright - All the legal copyright and disclosure stuff
* Data Management - Import/Export/Manage data
* Help - A quick introduction, the FAQ, and links to other helpful content about GPS Map
* Preferences - Adjust update time, long press time, the visibility of various items and features
Use almost any image from your Camera, Gallery, or file browsing app to create a Marker for a Placemark on the map. Images containing location information can be imported as Placemarks with their image as the Marker on the map.
GPS Map has the following features:
* Easy to search for a location by address, placemark name, or latitude, longitude.
* Import/Export your Placemarks - GPSMap GPS, Garmin CSV, Geocode GEO, Google Earth/Google Maps KML,GPS Exchange GPX filesand TomTom ASCII
* Imports the location and image from a photograph to create a Placemark on the map with the Image as the Marker
* Able to view Placemarks, Routes and Tracks with Google Earth
* Able to be taken to Google Street View for a Placemark (if available)
* Able to use Placemarks to start a navigation app like Google Navigation
* Export to Google Drive Fusion Tables with an active Gmail account
* Creates Tours for Google Earth based upon your recorded Track
Works best with:
* Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Street View installed.
GPS location service enabled.
Visit https://sites.google.com/site/wrightkeith/gpsmap/ for more information.
Use cases for this application:
√ Public messaging to a big screen on events
√ Out-of-office auto-answer on SMS (just reply, don't forward)
√ Backup SMS's on 2nd phone or on the web (just forward, don't reply)
√ Security: Tap & Forward SMS from employees
√ Process SMS messages from APp4Buck's SineDroid application (power lost messages will trigger a website)
√ Remotely controlling electronic devices by SMS like the http://www.arduino.cc/ range (switch on your campsite fridge or airco using 1 SMS message FRIDGE ON, check the possibilities online)
√ Receiving and processing any other SMS messages that are processed by a website
√ Any other creative solution - please tell us how you use it!
√ A received SMS from phone number 1234567 contains the message "VOTE Alicia"
√ You configured the forward URL to
√ The following URL is posted:
√ The website generates an XML output containing the field
Thank you, your vote to Ms. Keys was processed;
√ You configured the app to have in the SMS reply
√ The user with phone number 1234567 gets a reply with
"Thank you, your vote to Ms. Keys was processed"
√ The application will automatically startup on SMS reception
√ Play a sound on SMS reception
√ Send the SMS to a website's URL (the website should support this, using HTTP GET, not POST)
√ Get XML output back from the website (usually a short delivery description, but may contain any information)
√ Fetch certain fields (this is configurable) from the XML and create an answer SMS
√ Reply the SMS with the answer
√ Forward the original SMS (or the answer) to any other phone number
√ All features above are configurable
On screen message history with delivery status (red/green) (max 50 messages)
√ The received SMS is not removed
Restrictions and constraints
√ The app delivers the SMS using HTTP GET
√ HTTP POST is not supported
√ HTTPS is not supported
√ There should be an internet connection available
You need Android 2.1, a few 100 kbytes internal storage, 10 Mbyte RAM, and access to SMS and the internet (WiFi, ethernet, SIM data connection or cabled USB to a PC). Using Wifi you con't need a data subscription, just a cheap SIM is needed with an SMS bundle.
We kindly request these Android permissions during installation:
√ Receive SMS message: a clear requirement
√ Send SMS: to reply or forward the SMS
√ Internet: We deliver the SMS using HTTP to your server so we need internet access. Also, the help pages in the application are streamed from this website. No other internet pages are used. No information is sent to any other party.
√ V1.00 None
√ Support HTTP POST
√ HTTPS is out of scope yet
End User License Agreement: By buying, or downloading or using this application the user(s) of the application declare to agree with the following statements:
√ This application is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
√ App4Buck shall not be responsible for any damage caused by using the application.
√ App4Buck shall not be responsible for any damage caused by any malfunctioning of the application.
√ The application shall not be used for life-critical applications or any other critical situations.
Here is an example list of what you can safeguard with SineDroid:
√ Freezers and refrigerators power drop
√ Power Generator failures, power drops
√ Remote doorbell (just briefly interrupt the charging power through a push button)
√ "Power slave": detect whether a device switched on (a pump, a lamp, etc.) by using a master/slave power strip
√ Overload and blown fuse detection
√ Boat and vehicle power watch, 12V battery status
√ Solar systems battery watch, battery status
√ Server or PC crash/reboot (USB power drops)
√ Surveillance lights with movement detection (hook the phone charging power to the lamp)
√ Boat leaking detection (using a float that switches the phone charging power on or off)
√ Phone theft (when it’s connected to the charger)
√ Any other power drop or power recovery that feeds your Android phone
In SineDroid, up to three different events are watched: power lost, power restored, and low phone battery level reached. All you need to do, is go to the settings page and fill in on which event you want to be alerted and your mobile phone number. That’s it. The app will warn you as soon the event happens!
Each of these are individually programmable and can have a descriptive name. You can define whether you want just a sound alert, a warning text message, or both.
The main screen shows the name of the scheme and location and the conditions that are watched. A big on/off switch helps you switching off the feature and the quit button will end the application.
The name SineDroid was chosen to be unique and reflects the sine wave that typically is the wave shape of the mains voltage.
√ detects external power loss
√ detects external power recovery
√ detects low phone batters
√ sends SMS text message with user defines warning text on any of the aforementioned events
√ audible signal on any of the aforementioned events
on screen warning on any of the aforementioned events
√ also works in the background or when in suspend mode (sleep)
Related hardware and applications
A typical setup is a cheap Android phone connected to a charger, plus your normal or business mobile phone. Maybe there is no need for you to purchase any additional hardware, but we could think of some useful inexpensive gear...
√ Master/Slave mains power socket: when one socket detects something being powered, the other sockets come alive too. So, if some device is connected to the master socket and it stops operating, the slave socket, where the phone is plugged into, loses power and will trigger SineDroid.
√ Inverted Master/Slave mains power socket: let’s say you attached a pump triggered by a float in your boat. As soon the pump is started by the float, the master socket switches off the slave socket, causing the phone to lose external power. This is detected by SineDroid.
We kindly ask Android permission for:
√ SMS messages (we only send messages to the addressee filled in by you, if configured)
√ internet: the help pages are streamed from www.app4buck.com. No other content is downloaded or uploaded.
√ V1.0 In some docks, after docking, the power events are not detected anymore. If you experience this, simple leave the app and restart the app.
√ V1.0 Freezes after aboutbox, also freezes after double alert
√ V1.2 None._____________________
Keywords: power, power cut, power alert, power guard, mains alert, trigger, generator, aggregaat, netspanning