The list of Non-Gmo Products and Brands are searchable by brand name, product name, and keyword. The app also includes hints on shopping for fruits and vegetables. As well with many planed updates and more information on avoiding GMO's!
Use this app anytime you're in a store, and find if your favorite brands are GMO free!
For more information on the Non-GMO Project please see nongmoproject.com
NonGmo by Odua, is not associated with the Non-GMO Project or their official app on iOS.
I certainly had no idea how perverse the situation was until a friend recommended I watch the Genetic Roulette video found on this app.
This is a must see video... We are headed for significant personal medical problems in the near future... Just from eating the food supply. Everything is explained in detail in the video.
California is the first state to put a proposal (prop 37) up for vote to force food companies to label foods containing GMOs. It is likely that other states will follow as more people become aware of this situation and demand changes.
This app affords you a wealth of information about GMOs and how to avoid them. There is a non-GMO shopping guide and even an app to use while shopping. There are 2 websites featured that have a vast number of resources to keep you informed about developments in the GMO battle.
Arm yourself; educate yourself because it is evident that no government agency involved in food chain safety is going to do so.
This free app is a great place to start that process.
Tienes derecho a saber que lleva tu comida, mantente informad@!
Incluye aquellos productos cuyos fabricantes han garantizado a Greenpeace que no utilizan
transgénicos –ni sus derivados– en sus ingredientes o aditivos.
Incluye aquellos productos para los cuales Greenpeace no puede garantizar que no
contengan transgénicos. Se trata de:
- Productos cuyos fabricantes no garantizan a Greenpeace ausencia de transgénicos – o sus derivados– en sus ingredientes o aditivos.
- Productos para los cuales nuestros análisis de laboratorio han detectado transgénicos
- Productos en cuya etiqueta figura que contienen transgénicos o derivados.
El cultivo de transgénicos supone incremento del uso de tóxicos en la agricultura, contaminación genética,
contaminación del suelo, pérdida de biodiversidad, desarrollo de resistencias en insectos y ‘malas hierbas’, riesgos sanitarios y
efectos no deseados en otros organismos. Los efectos sobre el conjunto de los seres vivos son
irreversibles e imprevisibles.
Los riesgos sanitarios a largo plazo de los OMG presentes en nuestra alimentación o en la de los
animales cuyos productos consumimos no se están evaluando correctamente y su alcance sigue siendo
desconocido. Nuevas alergias, aparición de nuevos tóxicos, pérdida de eficacia de ciertos medicamentos
o efectos inesperados son algunos de los riesgos.
• Featured multiple times on the Google Play store
• 1st prize - US Surgeon General Healthy App Challenge
• Featured in Oprah, USAToday, NYTimes, WSJ, and on ABC, FOX, NBC and more...
• Recommended by dietitians, physicians, fitness gurus, and your friends
***** “I have lost 55 pounds with Fooducate. I've learned how to eat healthy once and for all.”
***** "I am eating healthier, losing weight and enjoying food shopping again.”
***** “Use it daily and I've lost over 15 lbs the correct and healthy way.”
***** "Fooducate is undoubtedly the best health related app!"
***** "Awesome app! I scan EVERYTHING in the supermarket now. :D"
***** "Fooducate is like having a dietitian on speed dial"
***** "This app has helped me lose that final few pounds by helping me make better food choices.”
YOUR HEALTHY DIET PARTNER
+ Track your food intake, calories and exercise
+ Pay attention to the quality of calories, not just quantity
+ Automatically scan a product barcode to see a food’s nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D)
+ Learn about a product's pros and cons
+ Choose healthier alternatives
+ Add your own foods to track
+ Discuss with the community
FOODUCATE TEACHES YOU TO EAT FOR HEALTH!
Fooducate analyzes information found in product nutrition panels and ingredient lists. Scan to discover things manufacturers don't want you to notice:
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- GMO - genetical modified organisms (premium feature)
- additives and preservatives
- artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
- and more...
- age, gender,weight, height, activity level
- desired weight loss rate
- carb control
- health conditions (low cholesterol, pregnancy,...)
- dietary goals (non processed foods, vegetarian)
- avoid MSG, HFCS, GMOs and other scary acronyms
- Gluten free and other allergens
(Note: some personalization features require upgrade to a premium version)
TIRED OF FAD DIETS?
* Do you want to lose weight without low calorie food full of artificial crap?
* Do you want to eat better, healthier food?
* Are you confused by ingredient lists, nutrition labels, health claims, and marketing hype?
---> Download FOODUCATE, and start eating better NOW.
THE BEST NUTRITION APP
• Largest product database (unique barcodes)
• Created by scientists, dietitians and concerned parents
• Includes products from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and other private labels
• Clean, simple interface give you a food grade, calories, plus all the info you need in less than 5 seconds
• It works - 80% of our users have chosen healthier alternatives suggested by Fooducate
HOW FOODUCATE GRADES PRODUCTS
Products are awarded a nutrition grade of A, B, C, or D by an automatic algorithm. Minimally processed, real foods with intrinsic nutrients will score better than processed foods that are poor in built-in nutrients. Our analysis is based on information that appears on a product’s package - the nutrition facts panel and the ingredient list. Fooducate does not receive any additional input from manufacturers. Fooducate is NOT funded by food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
* Requires Android OS version 2.2 or higher, touch screen, and camera (Not tested on Android tablets)
* Works only with US products
Smart Foods - Organic Diet Buddy is your essential color coded guide to fruit and vegetables, know which you should buy organic and which are safe to buy non organic.
* Farmers Market information for all 50 States so you can include local produce in your diet.
* Farmers Market Finder - just click the pin in the top right corner to find markets nearest you.
* Nutritional info - know what vitamins each fruit and vegetable have, and what diseases they are good at protecting you against.
* Prep information - Know how to correctly wash and prepare the fruits and vegetables.
* Pesticide profiles of Fruits & Vegetables - How much is used, and if they leave a residue.
* Nutrition Calculator - Daily Fruit and Vegetable requirements for optimum health.
* GMO information - Know what fruits and vegetables are commonly GMO.
* Favorites list - Add to your favorites by clicking the "heart +" icon in the top right corner for a quick reference to your favorite foods. Great to use as a shopping list too!
Organic food is the safer choice when it comes to buying produce, as conventional varieties often contain high levels of pesticide residues. However, not everyone can afford to go 100% organic every time they shop. This app is a guide to which fruits and vegetables you should buy organic. There are some fruits/veggies that you should always buy organic, if possible, because their conventionally grown counterparts tend to be laden with pesticides.
By avoiding the foods most contaminated with pesticide residues, consumers can reduce their pesticide exposure by 80% without affecting their budgets.
Eat better with our simple tips and a farmer's market locator so you can find the good stuff locally. Add favorites and calculate how many fruits and vegetables you should be eating daily. Let the good health begin!
WHAT ARE PESTICIDES
Pesticides are used to repel, control or kill organisms in order to reduce their negative impact on agricultural products. Modern pesticides target weeds, insects, bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi and other pests that reduce agricultural yield.
Excessive pesticide contamination can be harmful to human health. Even after washing, some fruits and vegetables consistently carry much higher levels of pesticide residue than others.
Some fruits and veggies are better to buy organic, and others are safe to buy non-organic. Some fruits and vegetables require very few pesticides for growth. Some, due to tough skins or peels, absorb fewer residues.
Many fruits and vegetables, however, are sprayed with multiple pesticides, and act like sponges, absorbing residues that are difficult to wash off entirely. Peaches have very thin skin, and are hard to wash, so it is recommended that you buy organic if you can.
Curious about GMO's and the adverse effects they may have on us and our environment? Check out this article http://blog.saagara.com/gmo-knows/
FIND LOCAL FARMERS MARKETS
Shopping at your local Farmers' Market is good for you and it's good for your town. Where else can you talk right to the producers and know exactly where your food comes from, and how it's grown?
Need more reasons to shop local? Check out this great article: http://blog.saagara.com/5-reasons-to-shop-at-farmers-markets/
Saagara is an Ann Arbor based Digital Health Company, whose founders have an eclectic background including medicine, design, engineering, and yoga/meditation.
Through the use of software available on mobile platforms, we make small changes in people's lifestyle for dramatic improvements in their health and well-being. With technology, community, and raised awareness, we wish to do this on a global level.
For more information on Saagara and our philosophy, please visit www.saagara.com
GMO (Genetically modified organism) finder + will detect GMO product using barcode scanner. Barcode provider should indicate properly in the product code section about GMO to identify a product is GMO or Organic or Conversionally grown. If barcode is based on EAN 13 then application also try to find out the product country of origin. You may choose product type to get level of chances to contain GMO and also search from web about the product.
Earn rewards for providing feedback and completing “missions.” Missions are a new way for you to provide feedback to companies that want to know what you think about their products. In return you will earn rewards for Tango Cards that can be redeemed for gift cards from top-name brands.
Consistently ranked as one of the top Health & Fitness apps, and featured by Apple, NBC, CNN, the Today Show, and more, ShopWell was created by Registered Dietitians, and is a community partner of the USDA.
SHOPWELL HELPS YOU
- Learn which foods match your dietary needs
- Achieve your health goals such as weight management or lower cholesterol
- Avoid ingredients you don’t want such as added sugar & trans fat
- Read food nutrition facts panels, calorie count, and ingredients
- Avoid allergens like gluten & lactose
- Scan foods in the supermarket or at home
- It is like having the knowledge of a personal nutrition expert in your pocket.
ShopWell can help you eat better if you have these goals:
- General Health
- Weight Management
- Heart Healthy
- Gluten Intolerance
- Digestive Health
- Athletic Training
- Lactose Intolerance
- Anemia (Iron Deficient)
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
ShopWell can help you avoid these food allergies:
- Animal By-products
- Tree Nuts
ACTUAL USER REVIEWS
"I have lost 100lbs by using this app."
“I am over weight and was looking for something to help with my food choices. Thanks to this app I can do this now. I have lost 10lbs so far. I highly recommend.”
“Before getting it, I honestly thought I was eating very healthily when in reality had no idea what was being put in my body. Now I scan everything I buy and feel so much better about what I ingest!
“For the gluten intolerant, this app is essential. This app just became a lifeline for me.”
“Great app! Shows lots of options that match what I'm looking for, so I don't get boxed in to the most expensive brands.”
“It’s hard for the average person to decipher a nutrition label or an ingredient list. This app makes it easy to do so.”
HOW SHOPWELL WORKS
ShopWell takes the guesswork out of deciphering food nutrition labels while you shop at the supermarket by providing you with personalized food scores. ShopWell’s scoring system and scanner assesses foods based on your age, gender, health goals, diet needs, and your ingredient and nutrition preferences.
Food scores range from 0-100 and are bucketed into three categories: Green scores are a strong match for your diet, so are typically okay to eat in normal portions. Yellow scores are a medium match for your health, so you should read the labels carefully. Red scores are a weak match for your diet, or contain a potential allergen so these foods should be avoided or only be eaten occasionally in small portions.
ShopWell draws on trusted resources and guidelines set by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Institute of Medicine (IOM), and the latest peer reviewed research.
ShopWell works with United States based grocery foods only.
With ipiit, you can:
* Scan bar codes of US food products in the store, at home or at your friends house and get all the relevant information (allergy triggers, nutrition facts, ingredients)
* Create personalized preferences based on your allergies, food needs, health considerations etc.
* Compare products in terms of nutrition, rating etc.
* Find better alternative products that fits your profile and make purchasing decisions based on what's important to you
* Rate your food products to help other users
* See ratings from your friends and other food ambassadors
* Contribute your ideas and voice your feedback to help improve ipiit, The Food Ambassador
Scan the bar code in your grocery store and you will get all the relevant information right away! Allergy triggers, ingredients, nutrition facts, alternatives that fits your profile, you name it. You can even compare the product you scanned with similar products.
It is you who tells ipiit what you want, don't want or can't eat, be it because of allergies, weight loss or health considerations or just because. We are constantly refining our existing preferences and adding new ones based on your suggestions and requests, common allergies and latest health recommendations! Currently, you can choose from the following diet preferences: Gluten (Celiac), Lactose, Milk, GMO, MSG, Wheat, Corn Syrup (HFCS), Almonds, Artificial Sweetener, Aspartame, ADA, Celery and Cellulose.
We will ask you to create an ipiit account – why? This way you will be able to save your preferences, favorite products and access your information from anywhere. No worries, ipiit will NOT share your email with anyone. Ever.
FOCUSED ON HEALTH, NOT JUST CALORIES AND NUMBERS
ipiit goes way beyond counting calories, it strives to help you eat food that is safe and healthy according to YOUR wishes and needs.
As of today, you can scan 280 000+ US products when shopping and our database is rapidly growing. We have 14 dietary preferences and we are testing and developing new ones all the time.
GIVE US FEEDBACK
It's important to note that ipiit is still in its earliest stages. We are working hard to build a great app adding more preference choices and features to the service. Please feel free to share any joy or pain you experience as you explore ipiit at email@example.com. You can follow us on twitter (@ipiit) and find us on Facebook for news and updates.
So let’s get you started to become a food ambassador and together continue the journey for better food and information about it!
Welcome to ipiit, The Food Ambassador community – we hope you will enjoy!
The ipiit Team
FYI: ipiit works only with US products at the moment
Tags: Food, GMO, Gluten free, Scan, Barcode, Health, Wheat free, Grocery, Allergies, Allergy, Ingredients, Nutrition, UPC, Food Ambassador, Eating, Milk, Lactose, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, HFCS, Almonds, Egg, Celery, MSG, Aspartame, ADA, Sugar, Calories, Food Allergies, Food Shopping, Gluten, Wheat, Fat
-Simple in app booking
-sign up for classes
-View a list of our services
-Share your a style your looking for by submitting a photo
-Find the closest parking lots in the area
-Watch our latest videos
-Parking Meter allows you to park your car, with a running timer to help you keep track of how long you have been parked. Also easily navigate back to your cars location.
E Numbers/Food Additives are used for many reasons:
- To extend the shelf life
- Protection from destruction
- Improve the taste, appearance and smell
- Create the impression of a high content of fruit, eggs, butter, natural juices, etc.
Unfortunately it is not easy at first look to determine which substance is safe and which are not. Not all E Numbers/Food Additives are dangerous; even there are some health benefits (for example vitamins). This application will help you to understand, if food additive is safe.
★What can be expected
• Application searches E Numbers/Food Additives and displays their basic properties (harmfulness, suitable for vegetarians, suitable for sensitive persons, suitability for children, the source of the substance was / was not genetically modified)
• The application is available for free and without ads (target is not profit, but protect your health)
• The application is offline (no Internet connection required to display desired information)
★What can not be expected
• The current application does not include a detailed description of E Numbers/Food Additives
With this app, you can be at the grocery store and check up on whether or not the produce you are buying is safe - without using data!
Each food item is listed with the top five pesticides that are permitted on the food, along with detailed measurements describing the maximum residue allowance of each pesticide.
List information is gathered from the Environmental Working Group's Top 50 foods to buy organic.
Pesticide information is gathered from www.codexalimentarius.net
The controversy over genetically modified organisms (GMO) or GM (genetically modified) foods, is becoming a mainstream debate and it should concern people following a gluten free diet.
The debate centers around whether there are negative health consequences from consuming GMO foods including those foods marketed as gluten free. There is currently a lot of information about allergic reactions and other kinds of symptoms that people are reporting and that studies are showing as a result of consuming GMO foods.
Studies show evidence that GM foods can cause infertility, immune system issues, aging at a faster pace, insulin regulation, changes affecting major organs and problems in the gastrointestinal system.
A very important reason to avoid genetically modified foods specifically is the potential for allergic reactions and other symptoms. GM ingredients may cause reactions and symptoms very similar to gluten intolerance related symptoms, so you may be mislead as to how eliminating gluten is actually working in your body.