Attention: this app needs a 3d viewer to be used properly.
- View stereoscopic images and "move" in them.
- Take pictures in a wizard and, once loaded, save it in stereo mode.
- Load multiple stereoscopic photos and automatically activate Slideshow mode to see images in succession with the range set by you.
- Using a Bluetooth Gamepad you can zoom in and calibrate the distance between your eyes while watching photos.
- It is possible to reverse the images for full compatibility
- Options to best configure the display.
As stated in wikipedia: "Stereoscopy (also called stereoscopics, or stereo imaging) is a technique for creating or enhancing the illusion of depth in an image by means of stereopsis for binocular vision. Stereoscopy creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth from given two-dimensional images".
Creating stereoscopic images is actually a very simple thing: it's about creating 2 shots taken from 2 different points as if viewed from the eyes. So even a simple smartphone allows us to make stereoscopic photos. First take the photo for the left eye, then move the phone sideways (be careful not to tilt it or rotate it) to the right of 5-6cm (or less) and take another photo. If you were good and kept the right alignment, once you've uploaded the images you will see it in 3D and you can turn it in by moving your head.
To facilitate the task of creating precise picture, it is possible to use dedicated hardware, such as a track on which slide the smartphone.
For example we have created a cart using the 3D printer, so we are sure that the distance is correct. It is also possible to make vertical photos or reduce the displacement.
On our site you can download printable templates for free and get more information.
Translated with google translate.