"Great! Way better than gospel library!"
"Love It! I downloaded the Free LDS Gospel library app and loved it but it took up too much memory on my phone. I like this app because it has all the same info as well as the trivia game"
"Great references. Very easy to use. This app and LDS tools are all you need! :-)"
FEATURES NOT FOUND IN GOSPEL LIBRARY:
- Background Skins
- Continuous Audio
- Custom Content
- Hymn Sheet Music
- Mormon Channel Radio
- Random Chapter
- Reading Plans
- Sorted Bookmarks
- Trivia Game
- 100% Lifetime Money-back Guarantee!
- Auto Backup/Restore (Bookmarks, Notes)
- Auto Content Download
- Bookmarks (Create, Update, Delete)
- Custom Content (Add Your Own)
- Footnotes & Cross References
- Highlighting (One-tap, Several Colors)
- Lock Orientation (Read Laying Down)
- Multiple Content Screens / Tabs
- Multiple Layouts Options
- Night Mode (Black Background)
- Notes (Add Notes for any Page)
- Reading Plans (Monthly & Yearly)
- Recent Views (Quick Access to Previous Pages)
- Scripture Mastery Pre-highlighted
- Search (Scriptures and Additional Content)
- Toolbar (Fast Access to Common Tasks)
- Updated Frequently
- One App for Phones & Tablets
- Audio Plays When Screen is Off
- Audio: Repeat & Chapter Cycle
- Backgrounds (Colors & Textures)
- LDS.org Calendar, Directory & News
- Mormon Channel (Audio & Video)
- Random Chapter
- Smallest LDS scripture app
- Time Spent Reading (Automatically Tracked)
- Timer (Read for a specified period of time)
- Trivia Game
- Prompt Response to E-mails
- Widget (Share quotes via Facebook, etc)
- Zoom (Pinch to Zoom In or Out)
SCRIPTURES / STANDARD WORKS: Bible: Old Testament, New Testament, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, The Pearl of Great Price
STUDY HELPS: Bible Dictionary, Guide to the Scriptures, Index, JST, Lists, Maps, Topical Guide
BOOKS & MANUALS: Book of Mormon Teacher's Manual, Children's Songbook (by # and Name), Church Handbook 2, Come, Follow Me, Daughters in My Kingdom, Family Home Evening Resource Book, Gospel Art Book, Gospel Principles, Hymns (Text, Sheet Music, Audio), Lectures on Faith, Marriage & Family Relations Study Guide, Nursery Manual, Old Testament Guide & Teacher Manual, Our Heritage, Preach My Gospel, Preparing for Exaltation, Primary 1-6, Teaching, No Greater Call, Teachings of Presidents George Albert Smith, True to the Faith
LDS MAGAZINES (PDF format): Ensign (including General Conference), New Era, Friend
PAMPHLETS: Addiction Recovery Program, A Parent's Guide, Book of Mormon Class Member Study Guide, Church History Class Member Study Guide, Duty to God, Faith in God for Boys & Girls, Family Guidebook, For the Strength of Youth, Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts, Member's Guide to Temple & Family History Work, Priesthood and Auxiliary Leaders' Guidebook, Teaching Guidebook, Temple Preparation Seminar Teacher's Manual, US Constitution & Declaration of Independence, Worldwide Leadership Training, Young Women Personal Progress
DECLARATIONS: Family Proclamation, The Living Christ
HELPFUL STUDY LISTS: 6 B's of President Hinckley, Articles of Faith, Chapter Headings, Chief Judges, Church History Chronology, Church Officers, Famous Mormons, Latter-day prophets, LDS News, LDS Gospel Library, LDS Scripture Mastery, LDS Tools, Patriarchs of the Dispensations, Plagues of Egypt, Priesthood Ordinances, Signs of the Times, Temples (Salt Lake City, Utah, etc.), Ten Commandments, Tribes of Israel, Twelve Disciples
SPANISH / ESPANOL:
LAS ESCRITURAS: El Libro de Mormon
PUBLICACIONES: El Cristo Viviente, La Familia: Una Proclamacion Para El Mundo
7 CLASSIC BOOKS
- Volume 3 released ( 4 new stories )
Book of Mormon Touch brings scripture stories to life with imaginative and interactive storytelling designed for early readers (primary-aged children) and LDS families. With original illustrations and careful attention to scriptural story, young children and beginning readers can interact and engage with familiar characters and important stories from The Book of Mormon (The Book of Mormon is a volume of scripture published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons).
***Download and enjoy the first story for FREE now!***
* Follow us on Facebook for the latest news about upcoming content at: www.facebook.com/bookofmormontouch
STORY MODE helps primary children (age 3-11) engage with the scriptures line by line with dozens of illustrated scenes. Each scene includes interactive sounds and pop-up messages that will surprise and delight young readers and non-readers alike.
STICKER STORY MODE builds memory skills challenging children to place illustrated characters and objects where they belong within each scene as they follow the scripture story.
BUILD-A-SCENE MODE encourages children to create scenes from other Book of Mormon stories or to imagine their own stories using the backgrounds and illustrations from the app. (Build-a-Scene also includes a few surprise stickers and illustrations not found in regular story modes.)
NOTE: Book of Mormon Touch is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints.
• Includes translations for most major world languages
• Includes audio recordings in English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish
• Includes search capability and simple navigation, including swiping gestures to navigate between chapters
• Includes links to learn more about the Book of Mormon
Gives instruction on how to perform LDS Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings. The source of this information comes from Handbook 2: Administering the Church and can be found on www.LDS.org.
The following ordinances are covered:
1. Anointing with Oil
2. Sealing the Anointing
3. Consecrating Oil
4. Conferring the Priesthood and Ordaining to an Office
5. Setting Apart Officers and Teachers
6. Father’s Blessings and Other Blessings of Comfort and Counsel
7. Naming and Blessing Children
11. Dedicating Homes
12. Dedicating Graves
Added Google Analytics to increase performance.
Using Google Analytics and user feedback, made the following improvements. Crash associated with Share button press corrected. Gave users more flexibility to Share with Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Scripture references actively linked with LDS.org.
Significantly updated wording of application to reflect changes shown in Handbook 2: Administering the Church. Added instruction for dedicating a house. This app has now be translated into Spanish, special thanks to Brother Leebert.
Minor modifications to language to more closely match LDS.org. Added section for blessing (general instructions) and a section on setting apart officers/teachers.
Allow users to long-click an Ordinance to move it up or down.
Allow users to re-size ordinance text and other minor updates.
Works included are:
* The Book of Mormon
* The Pearl of Great Price
* Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
* The Articles of Faith
Easy to use app!
All ebooks are in HTML format and no additional book reader is required.
Books are optimized for all mobile devices.
English Language Only.
* This is a free ad-supported application.
* All works are in the Public Domain, meaning that they are not subject to copyright.
* All material in this app shall only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes.
This app is currently in BETA, and I need your help to make it better! If you have any suggestions or bugs to report, please let me know by sending me an email. I rarely check feedback so leaving negative reviews does not help me.
- Search by title or find by page number
- Pinch to zoom in or out
- Swipe left or right to browse through the songs
- View with musical notation or just as text
- Listen to the song, with or without voice accompaniment
- More features are on the way
This app requires two permissions for music playback; it requires internet permissions to stream the music from lds.org, and it needs the READ_PHONE_STATE permission to pause/resume music in event of a phone call.
LDSScriptures.com continues to be the leading innovator in Scripture study tools. Thanks to everyone for making this the highest rated, most favorite, most recommended, most innovative, and best LDS Scriptures app!
Tons of content, including 30+ years of General Conference talks back to 1971, Hymns & Manuals!
Install on your device or an SD Card (make sure you have 200 MB available and that it is writable).
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES NO OTHER SCRIPTURES APP HAS:
✔ Citations feature to discover talks, manuals, resources referencing a verse
✔ Multiple pages (switch between multiple places in the Scriptures quickly)
✔ Automated Syncing and Backup
✔ Export/Download your Markings anytime
✔ Listen to Scriptures (streaming)
✔ Listen to General Conference (streaming)
✔ Gospel Art Kit
✔ Custom Cross References
✔ Syncs with Desktop Scriptures app for Windows and Mac! (See LDSScriptures.com for details)
✔ Church Handbook 2 included with links between sections!
✔ PDF Library
✔ Lifetime Money-back guarantee!
✔ Highlighting - phrase/word highlighting in 8 colors!
✔ Bookmark Folders (using Tags)
✔ Notes (show in-line, auto linked references)
✔ Footnotes, Cross-References
✔ Night Reading Mode
✔ My Content - add your own content!
✔ Yanceyware book support - upload or download from 100s of titles!
Complete Standard Works (ch. headings, footnotes, & streaming audio!):
✔ Old and New Testament
✔ Book of Mormon
✔ Doctrine and Covenants
✔ Pearl of Great Price
✔ Joseph Smith Translation
✔ Bible Dictionary
✔ Topical Guide
✔ Guide to the Scriptures
✔ Triple Comb. Index
✔ Hymns (Includes notes!)
✔ Children's Song Book (Text)
✔ Gospel Principles (Latest version)
✔ Book of Mormon Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ New Testament Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ Old Testament Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ Preparing for Exaltation
✔ Preach My Gospel
✔ Aaronic Priesthood Manuals
✔ Duty to God
✔ YW Manuals
✔ Marriage & Family Relations Manuals
✔ Temple Prep Manual
✔ Addiction Recovery Manual
✔ D&C, BofM Student & Teacher Manuals
✔ Our Heritage
✔ Church Handbook 2
✔ General Conference Talks (from 1997-present) with streaming audio!
✔ Scripture Mastery
✔ Priesthood Ordinances
✔ True to the Faith
✔ Quotes, 100+ Topics
✔ Lectures on Faith
✔ Family Proclamation, Living Christ
✔ For the Strength of Youth
✔ US Constitution, Decl. of Independence (Exclusive!)
✔ 100s of Yanceyware titles or upload your own!
Content is copyright Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Palabras de Mormón
Palabras claves: Mormón, el mormonismo, el libro de Mormón, José Smith, biblia, escrituras, Jesús, lds, los santos de los últimos días, las herramientas de lds, himnos, gospel, la escritura, el canal de Mormón, la iglesia, Jesucristo, mormon, mormonism, book of mormon, joseph smith, bible, scriptures, jesus, lds, latter-day saints, lds tools, hymns, gospel, scripture, mormon channel, church, jesus christ
New in Version 1.9.1
- Download Server Fix, our new servers should provide faster downloads.
New in Version 1.9
- User Interface Makeover
- NEW DOWNLOAD MANAGER (All hymns in all languages can now be stored in your sdcard in the quality of your choice, this should greatly improve performance and you don't need an internet connection to view your hymns anymore).
- Improved Hymn MP3 Player & Better playback performance.
- Minor Bug fixes
** Thanks for your patience & feedback for this release. Hymns on the server side have been improved (Children's Songbook English) and will keep updating as time allows. I appreciate your patronage!
New in Version 1.8
- New Hymn Playlist Player (search and listen to your hymns in either voice mode or music mode in your playlist, access to all hymns in the app. With Seek Bar, Shuffle mode, playback controls.)
- Young Women Camp Songs—English in English (Hymns & Music)
- Young Women Camp Songs—Spanish (Hymns & Music)
- Young Women Camp Songs—Portuguese (Hymns & Music)
New in Version 1.7
- Hymn View now in Full Screen Mode
- Children's Songbook in English (Hymns, Voice & Music)
- Children's Songbook in Spanish (Hymns, Voice & Music)
- Children's Songbook in Portuguese (Hymns, Voice & Music)
- Children's Songbook in French (Hymns, Voice & Music)
- Bug Fixes
Updates in Version 1.6
- Hymns & MP3 (Voice and Music) in Spanish Available
- Hymns & MP3 (Music Only) in Portuguese Available
- Hymns & MP3 (Music Only) in French Available
- Bug Fixes (First Start)
- Cache Clearing Before & After Use
- Automatic Hymn Resize
- Searchable Hymn Directory
- Image Quality Control
- Android 1.6 (or Higher)
- Internet Access (WiFi/3G/4G/EDGE/...)
- EVO 4G (Phone)
- HP Zeen (Tablet)
While this app is private and licensed under purchase for your use, the material this app can access is available at NO COST from this app's website and/or from the LDS.org church website. No media (text, images, music) is stored in your device. At the same time this app is provided AS-IS without any type of warranty whatsoever.
Himnos SUD, Hinos SUD, Cantiques SDJ, Canciones para los niños SUD, Recueil de Chants pour les enfants SDJ, Músicas para Crianças SUD, Canciones de Campamento para las Mujeres Jóvenes, Músicas de Acampamento para as Moças
LDS Colleges and Universities
The Parables of Jesus
Carthage Jail History
Missions in Africa
books by LDS Authors
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
The Current First Presidency
Quorum of the 12 Today
Quorum of the 12 in 1835
2013 Youth Topics by Month
Old Testament Mastery Scriptures
New Testament Mastery Scriptures Book of Mormon Mastery Scriptures Doctrine and Covenants Scriptures Books of the Book of Mormon
Books in the Pearl of Great Price
Books in the Old Testament
Books in the New Testament
The Articles of Faith List of Temples
10 U.S. States with the Most Members
10 U.S. States with the Least Members
Church Membership by Decade
Children of Joseph Smith
The Harlem, NY 1st Ward
Church History Timelines
The Church in the Caribbean
The Battle of Crooked River
and many many more.....
When you download the app and login to your DeseretBook.com account, you will instantly receive 8 free classic LDS titles for your library as well as a copy of the Standard Works. Free titles include: Jesus the Christ,Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Discourses of Brigham Young, Lectures on Faith, History of Joseph Smith by His Mother, The Miracle of Forgiveness, Gospel Doctrine, Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt.
The free titles plus the Standard Works require a one-time download after the app is installed. After you register or log in using your DeseretBook.com account, the free books should automatically start synchronizing with your device.
● ENGLISH TEXT
● ENGLISH VOICE OUTPUT
The standard works of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) are the four books that currently constitute its open scriptural canon, due to the LDS belief in continuous revelation.
● The Holy Bible (King James version)
● The Book of Mormon, subtitled since 1981"Another Testament of Jesus Christ"
● The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
● The Pearl of Great Price (containing the Book of Moses, the Book of Abraham, Joseph Smith-Matthew and Joseph Smith-History)
+ The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
The standard works are printed and distributed by the LDS Church in a single binding called a quadruple combination and as a set of two books, with the Bible in one binding, and the other three books in a second binding called a triple combination. Current editions of the standard works include a Bible dictionary, photographs, maps and gazetteer, topical guide, index, footnotes, cross references, excerpts from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible (JST), and other study aids.
Under the LDS Church's doctrine of continuing revelation, Latter-day Saints believe literally in the principle of revelation from God to his children. Individual members are entitled to divine revelation for confirmation of truths, gaining knowledge or wisdom, meeting personal challenges, and so forth. Parents are entitled to revelation for raising their families.
Divine revelation for the direction of the entire church comes from God to the President of the Church, who is viewed by Latter-day Saints as a prophet in the same sense as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Peter, and other biblical leaders. When prophets and general authorities of the church speak as "moved upon by the Holy Ghost", it "shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation." Members are encouraged to ponder these revelations and pray to determine for themselves the truthfulness of doctrine.
Themes: joseph smith translation of the holy bible, jst, religion, joseph smith jr., mormonism, mormons, mormon, the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints, latter day saints, lds scriptures, lds scripts, church, temple, doctrine and covenants, d&c, standard works
This app is available as a FREE and a PRO version. The FREE edition includes ads which finance the development while the PRO edition is completely ad-free. Apart from that both versions are equal. You can first check out the FREE edition without any risk in order to to see if you like the app. If the ads annoy you or you just want to support this app's development, you can easily upgrade to the PRO edition.
Standalone software - no need for an eBook reader like Aldiko, Kindle, RepliGo, BeamReader, Laputa, Moon+, FBReader, iSilo etc.
Just install it and enjoy reading or listening.
● Daylight & nighttime colors
● Voice output (text to speech, TextToSpeech)
● Move to SD card
● Clickable table of contents
● English and German program language
● Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
● Fullscreen images on/off by long click
● Options menu
+ Help page
+ Settings page
- Text color
- Background color
- Text size
- Text padding
+ Link to all iwpSoftware apps in Android Market
+ Go to bookmark
+ Set bookmark
+ Set current image as wallpaper
+ Link to image/item/description
Do you like this app?
Please rate it!
Your feedback via e-mail is welcome!
If you meet problems or feel the need of some features you consider important, please contact us via e-mail before leaving a bad review.
The Bible and Book of Mormon app, from The Church of Jesus Christ, treats the two volumes of scripture as one, and makes it easier than ever to read, study and share the Word of God. The Bible text is the Authorized King James Version from 1611 and The Book of Mormon text is carefully consistent with 1830 version.
Features of the app include:
• Designed for Android phones and tablets
• Verse of the Day: each day a new verse is given and is easy to share via Facebook, Twitter, text message and email
• Browse: browse through the scriptures by book and chapter; drop down menus make it easy to find any book and chapter easily
• Search: simple search to look for words or phrases; compound search allows search of any two words or phrase and returns the verse that contain both; search words are bolded in the results, sort traditional or alphabetical
• Highlight: highlight your favorite verses, either individual or several together
• Bookmark: bookmark verses with descriptive titles to easily find what you’re looking for
• Notes: the perfect study tool, select verses and write detailed notes
• Reading Settings: select low light setting for nighttime reading, small medium and large fonts
• History: see your reading history and easily find previous places you’ve been
• Share: share the app with friends or share single or multiple verses through social media, text or email
The Bible and Book of Mormon app also includes resources to provide feedback and to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ.
More from developer
The stories are categorized into more than 70 topics to make them easy to find for family home evenings, gospel teaching and sacrament talks.
Categories include such topics as adversity, Jesus Christ, faith, forgiveness, prayer, tithing, Word of Wisdom, etc.