Emergency Medicine: Diagnosis and Management follows a logical, standard and clear approach designed to maximize the practical delivery of bedside care and to make quick decisions. This resource provides all the appropriate concise information to deliver high standards of emergency care.
// Key Features
• A wealth of new appendices and essential key information at a glance
• Redesigned with icons, boxes, practical advice, numerous tables, charts and diagrams to help you find the information at a glance
• Includes the 2010 cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the very latest evidence-based guidelines
• Includes 5 calculators and 2 interactive flowcharts which assist in making clinical decisions
• New sections on critical care, practical procedures, infectious disease and the traveler, tropical diseases, disaster medicine and starting out in the emergency department
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
5 Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within clinical topics to
• CAGE Alcoholism Questionnaire
• Estimation of the clinical pre-test probability for suspected pulmonary embolus (PE) - Calc
• Glasgow Coma Scale for Adults
• Mini Mental Status Examination
• Wells criteria (DVT)
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.
• Fast access to concise, targeted information on all essential aspects of emergency nursing and adult and child presentations
• Written by experienced nurses and packed full of up-to-the minute guidance and information
• Patient centred, evidence-based and in line with the latest guidelines
• Indispensable companion for registered and student nurses in the emergency care setting
• Contains detailed information on patient assessment and prioritisation
• Features a handy skills chapter which offers a quick 'aide-memoire' for the reader
Emergency nursing requires rapid assessment and decision-making. Often you are required to make sense of considerable amounts of information and act on it. The Oxford Handbook of Emergency Nursing provides an essential resource when time is short and the need for practical clinical guidance is paramount. This handbook provides clear, focussed information that will aid all areas of patient assessment and management in emergency care. The concise format will enable the reader to quickly locate the information needed and provides alerts regarding critical 'must-do's' that often apply to the ill or injured adult or child. Those new to emergency care will find this an invaluable source of clinical information that will provide guidance and structure to the patient assessment and management process. The skills section provides a quick resume of the many clinical skills needed in emergency care, ideal as an introduction for the uninitiated and as a refresher when skills are performed infrequently. This handbook will empower nurses and imbue them with the confidence to deliver excellence in emergency care.
Written by clinical nurses and subject experts, the Oxford Handbook of Emergency Nursing is a unique and invaluable companion for registered and student nurses, and all health care professionals working in emergency care.
Readership: Emergency nurses, emergency care practitioners, paramedics and ambulance technicians, physiotherapy and radiography practitioners with an interest in emergency care, and nurses working in associated emergency care areas such as minor injury units, primary care centres, walk-in-centres, pre-hospital care.
Authors: Robert Crouch OBE, Alan Charters, Mary Dawood, and Paula Bennettn
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
• Traction Splints
• HAINES Roll
• Helmet Removal
• Standing Take Down
All videos are recorded in high definition! One full hour worth of videos, broken down by emergency category for your convenience. The content is divided into two sections:
1. The Complete Training Course;
2. The Perform First Aid section that allows you to access the techniques quickly in case of emergency.
As a first aid professional or trainee, this application offers you instant access to the techniques required for your training. It also has the following benefits:
• Can be replayed as many times as necessary to understand the content in preparation for taking a certified course
• As regulations and techniques change, this application will be updated and you will be emailed so you can download the new content free of charge
• Lesser need to carry around bulky manuals or training material, or remember where they are stored
• Your phone offers a built in light source, so you can reference the information in the dark or in poorly lit areas.
Please note that an Micro SD card with at least 100MB is required in order to use this application.
About Us: Redi-Medic is a North American manufacturer of custom and professional emergency kits for over 25 years. During this time our kits for adventure, earthquakes, floods, and war zones have been shipped throughout the world. Over four years ago in order to promote awareness about public safety and health, we teamed up with professional first aid instructors to create these video series to include with our kits. The overwhelming positive response we received prompted us to release the series as applications for iPhone®/iPod®/iPad®, BlackBerry®, and Android™ devices.
To see rest of the series, please type redimedic, redi-medic, or redivideos in the search box of this page, or visit www.redimedic.com for live demonstrations and more information. Multiple license structures are available for your company or organization.
Additionally, after installing the all new QR-Code Scanner Elite for Android devices, You will be provided with the following efficient features:
◦The module immediately opens up the phone's camera and takes you to a screen that allows for the scanning of barcodes.
◦The scanner will automatically detect which type of code it is scanning and, upon completion of the scan, it will display the content so you can view the scanned URL/text/product code before the module launches the phone's browser.
◦The module offers sharing feature that allows users to share scanned content via SMS or email.
◦You may view the scanned content in a web browser: it will search for scanned text on the web or open a website for scanned URL.
This all new Android App will provide you and your family with some of the most entertaining and hilarious laws in the United States that even you could have unknowingly broken!
**NOTE: This app is meant to be used purely for entertainment purposes only, and should not be used as a legal reference in any way.**