When planning you can:
- View the route overlayed on Google Maps Satellite view or Road Map view.
- Display the locations of essential facilities on top of the map, including hotels, hostels, B&Bs, campsites, restaurants, pubs, shops, transport links, etc.
- Display information about each facility, including links to the appropriate website for detailed information. So you can find the best accommodation options and link straight to their websites for contact details and booking.
- Display the locations of other points of interest, including local mountains and historic sites. Further information and links to websites are presented where appropriate.
- Display detailed information about the distance of each day's walk, including height ascended and descended. You can also pick any 2 points on the route and display the distance between them.
- Choice of miles or Km.
- Customise the segments of the route so that each day's walk is tailored for the distance you want to walk and the places you want to stay.
- Create and save your own favourite places on or close to the route, for example if you find accommodation that's not listed in the app itself.
When you come to walk the route, in addition to everything listed above, the app uses GPS positioning to allow you to:
- Display your current position on the map of the route.
- Pick any point on the route and display the distance to it from your current position.
You can also keep a diary as you walk the route:
- Your diary entries are tagged with the date, time and your GPS position.
- You can display your diary entries overlayed on the map of the route.
- You can send individual diary entries to your friends by email or SMS.
- You can also send your whole diary as an attachment to an email.
Watch out for future walking, hiking and trekking apps developed by Calton Hill Ltd. We intend producing guides for other National Trails, Great Trails, Long Distance Routes and other waymarked trails and recreational routes in the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. Please send us an email telling us which other routes you'd like us to cover.
The trail is packed full of surprising history from early medieval times to the 20th century. What happened on a moot hill? What were the mysterious huge terraces for? An inland parish with a beach? What was the Stop Line?
Most of the trail is outwith the village and free from traffic noise. It’s very peaceful and contains some beautiful views of the Lomond hills to the north and stunning views across the Forth to the south. The area is rich in plant and wildlife. You may even see buzzards and deer.
The app has a range of accessibility features and contains one trail, 19 points of interest with images and a map. Sonar mode available to devices with GPS receiver.
It starts and ends in the village at a convenient car park, close to bus links and mainline railway station. There are also various facilities such as cafes, shops and hotels all close by.
You can also be sure you're following the heritage trail route without worrying about getting lost!
Even if you’re not coming to Markinch you can browse points of interest and discover the wide range of history of the area complete with images from the comfort of your own home.
Willkommen in einem Haus der gehobenen 4-Sterne Kategorie in Seefeld in Tirol.
In einzigartiger Lage mit BLick auf Seefeld, und doch nur 5 Gehminuten vom Ortszentrum gelegen ist Behaglichkeit und Gastfreundschaft direkt spürbar - überall.
Echte Tiroler Handwerkskunst und Eleganz steht im Einklang mit modernem Komfort und unter persönlicher Führung der Familie Seelos
Sommer wie Winter ein Urlaubs- und Reiseziel, ein Golf Gründerhotel inmitten der Olympiaregion Seefeld, bekannt durch bisher dreimalige Olympische Winterspiele.
Das Team des Hotel Hochland freut sich auf Ihren Besuch.