BBQ TankMeter is designed for use with standard 20 pound steel propane tanks as shown in the screenshots, the type commonly used for BBQ grills and portable patio heaters. The app will NOT work with fiberglass tanks or steel tanks of other sizes.
Hold your Android device approximately 6 inches from the tank and start the app. Tap the “Read” button. Wait until the app displays the message, “Listening for tank”, then firmly strike the center of the tank with your knuckle or a hard object like a quarter. The tank will “ring” like a bell and BBQ TankMeter will display the message “Reading Tank”. After a brief pause for calculation, the result will be displayed.
BBQ TankMeter only works with “standard” 20 pound steel propane tanks as shown in the screenshots. The tank must be vertically-oriented with the valve on top and must be able to “ring” like a bell when struck firmly with a hard object. If the tank is covered, insulated or otherwise physically damped in such a way that it cannot “ring” clearly, the measurement will not work.
BBQ TankMeter begins operation when the “Read” button is pressed. The app listens for the ringing sound generated when the tank is struck with a hard object and triggers when the sound of the tank is heard. In certain noisy environments BBQ TankMeter may not be able to differentiate the sound of the tank from the background noise. In this case, adjust the trigger level in advanced settings or try the app again later in a less noisy environment.
BBQ TankMeter has a Demo function that randomly generates the “ring” of a tank and measures the result for that sound. To run a demonstration, press the "Demo" button. After a brief pause your Android will generate the “ring” of a tank, measure the sound, then display the result. If your Android does not detect the sound, turn up the audio volume on your device and ensure the microphone isn't covered by your finger or hand.
BBQ TankMeter is pre-calibrated for use with a Worthington Cylinder Model 303955 propane tank and other 20 lb propane tanks with WC 47.6 LB and TW 16.6 LB. For general use there is no need to recalibrate. To more accurately calibrate your BBQ TankMeter app, test a full tank with a known amount of propane or weigh the amount of propane in your tank and adjust the calibration to the weight. For more information on calibration, visit nitzassociates.com
TankMeter uses Acoustic Signature Analysis Technology from Nitz Associates, Inc. For more information about tank measurement products from Nitz Associates, please visit our website at www.nitzassociates.com If you have comments, questions or suggestions for improvement, please contact Nitz Associates by email at email@example.com
* Calculate the required amount of meat, bread, drinks, etc.
* Split cost over all the guests.
* The need for a scorecard for games of cards.
Amount of Barbecue:
Entering the number of men, women and children who form part of the BBQ, the program will calculate the necessary amount of meat, sausages, bread, coal, drinks, etc. The result may be shared via SMS, face, mail, or other means to persons deemed necessary.
Ideal for travel, meetings, BBQ, lunches, dinners, parties or any other situation in which some expenditures are made, and then you have to divide them among all participants.
You must enter the persons involved and the costs incurred by them, the program will deliver results indicating who should pay whom. The result can be sent via SMS to each of the involved.
(Long click to edit list.)
By buttons, you can add or subtract points. Divide the game on two parts of 15 point each. You can send a screenshot by face or other means, showing the result to your contacts.
-Tired of googling smoking cooking instructions?
-Want a BBQ Smoking Guide for instant access at all times?
With BBQ Smoking Guide, you can instantly calculate the total cook time by sliding the tab from left to right. The slider will indicate the weight of meat that you're planning on smoking. No more GUESSING how long you need to leave the meat smoking!!
Along with a calculator for 52 different meats and cuts including Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Pork, Turkey, etc BBQ Smoking Guide also provides step by step instructions on how to cook each meat.
This application works with ALL Android devices including Tablets.
(1) Lock screen notifications (on Android Lollipop) and a lock screen widget (on Jelly Bean and KitKat) for quick access without unlocking your phone or tablet.
(2) Periodic alarms remind you to check the food (rather than a one-shot alarm that assumes the food will be done). It’s a count-up stopwatch with timer alarms.
Of course it can time more things than cooking.
Requires few permissions.
No network access. No ads. No data gathering.
Simple and focused.
To add a lock screen widget
• Requires Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1 through Android 4.4 KitKat.
• On Android 4.4 KitKat, turn on Settings → Security → Enable Widgets.
• Wake the screen.
• Wipe from the left edge of the screen to the right until you see the “+” screen.
• Tap “+”.
• Unlock the phone.
• Tap the BBQ Timer widget.
• (Optional) To move the BBQ Timer widget to the main (rightmost) lock screen position, swipe down over it to select it, then long-press it and drag it to the right, past the other widgets.
• On Android Lollipop, just start BBQ Timer. While running or paused, the timer is accessible on the lock screen and the notification drawer.
• On Jelly Bean and KitKat, place the BBQ Timer widget on your lock screen for quick access.
• The widget also works on the home screen.
• To resize the home screen widget, long-press on it then drag its resize handles. Stretched wider, it can show longer durations.
• To remove the widget, long-press it then drag it onto “X Remove”.
• Tap the stopwatch time display to cycle between stopped → running → paused → stopped.
• On the app’s main screen, tap the checkbox to turn on periodic reminder alarms.
• On the app’s main screen, set the interval between periodic reminder alarms by dragging the number widget, or tap the number then type in a new number, or tap and hold on the number above or below the current setting.
More instructions on lock screen widgets: https://github.com/1fish2/BBQTimer/blob/master/README.md#how-to-use-android-lock-screen-widgets
[Note: The app can't install in external storage (SD card) because Android deletes external storage app widgets every time you use USB to share files with a computer.]
Source code: https://github.com/1fish2/BBQTimer
Make sure to read our Getting Started and FAQ sections at http://screen.bbqdroid.org/
=== IMPORTANT INFORMATION ===
* This app is optimized for rooted Android 4.3, 4.4, 5.0. It can work under limited conditions on Android 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Some features might not be available if you use the non-rooted method.
* This app requires a client app to be installed on your PC. This app is available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, and its source code is publicly available.
* When this app updates, make sure to check the recent changes to see if a new client version is needed.
* Remote input is currently in beta, it might not work properly on some devices. Please e-mail us if you have any problem.
Unlike many Phone-to-PC screen sharing app, BBQScreen lets you see your device's screen in realtime and at a high framerate. It's super easy to setup, and can work through Wi-Fi, USB Tethering, or even Bluetooth tethering (best experienced with Wi-Fi or USB Tethering).
Since update 2.1, you can now control your device from your computer (using your mouse and keyboard).
Since update 2.2, sound can also be transmitted (on Android 4.3 and 4.4).
Get and install this app on your Android device, and get the latest client app on your computer at http://screen.bbqdroid.org. Follow the instructions at http://screen.bbqdroid.org/getting-started.php for more informations on how to get started.
If you have any question or problem, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote System Monitor allows to get advanced system and hardware information from your windows computer over the network.
Remote System Monitor is composed of an Android application to display system information and a server software for Windows PC. Get Windows server software at http://www.trigonesoft.com/index.php/download
You can use it to check your home cinema (HTPC), media centre, servers , gaming computers or desktop state.
It is particularly useful to check your system state while playing games, allowing you to know if the computer is overheating, how your system deal with temperature and fan speed and how your games are using your computer resources (CPU, GPU, memory, etc..).
System and Hardware Information Provided are:
- temperatures (cpu/cores, gpu, motherboard, hard drive)
- cpu and gpu load
- cpu and gpu frequencies
- ram, swap and video memory usage
- voltages (system, gpu)
- advanced SSD information (total read/write, life time, etc..)
- physical disks read/write speed
- fan speed (cpu, gpu, motherboard, etc...)
- network cards download/upload speed
- logical disks usage
- various controls and levels (fan, ...)
- liquid cooling flow
For more information and help: http://www.trigonesoft.com/
With SocialTrickle you create events such as "Johns Wedding", "Jerrys BBQ Party", or "Ladies Night Out" - invite only the people you want with unique passcode. As people take pictures throughout the event you can choose to upload photos directly from the camera or from your photo gallery. The photos are then automatically synced to all of the registered event attendees mobile devices.
SocialTrickle allow you to simultaneously post your pictures to the app and Facebook and Twitter