BBQ TankMeter is designed for use with standard 20 pound steel propane tanks as shown in the screenshots, the type commonly used for BBQ grills and portable patio heaters. The app will NOT work with fiberglass tanks or steel tanks of other sizes.
Hold your Android device approximately 6 inches from the tank and start the app. Tap the “Test” button. Wait until the app displays the message, “listening for tank”, then firmly strike the center of the tank with your knuckle or a hard object like a quarter. The tank will “ring” like a bell and BBQ TankMeter will display the message “Reading Tank”. After a brief pause for calculation, the result will be displayed.
BBQ TankMeter only works with “standard” 20 pound steel propane tanks as shown in the screenshots. The tank must be vertically-oriented with the valve on top and must be able to “ring” like a bell when struck firmly with a hard object. If the tank is covered, insulated or otherwise physically damped in such a way that it cannot “ring” clearly, the measurement will not work.
To confirm you have a 20 lb propane cylinder, check the codes on the outside of the tank collar (the steel ring surrounding the valve at the top). Look for the codes WC (water capacity) and TW (tare weight). A 20 lb tank will have the codes WC47LB, WC47.6LB or WC48LB and TW16.0LB, TW16.6LB, TW17LB or TW18LB. Propane tanks outside of this range will not measure properly.
BBQ TankMeter begins operation when the “Test” button is pressed. The app listens for the ringing sound generated when the tank is struck with a hard object and triggers when the sound of the tank is heard. In certain noisy environments BBQ TankMeter may not be able to differentiate the sound of the tank from the background noise. In this case, adjust the trigger level in advanced settings or try the app again later in a less noisy environment.
BBQ TankMeter has a Demo function that randomly generates the “ring” of a tank and measures the result for that sound. To run a demonstration, press the "Demo" button. After a brief pause your Android will generate the “ring” of a tank, measure the sound, then display the result. If your Android does not detect the sound, turn up the audio volume on your device and ensure the microphone isn't covered by your finger or hand.
BBQ TankMeter is pre-calibrated for use with a Worthington Cylinders Model 303955 propane tank and other 20 lb propane tanks with WC 47.6 LB and TW 16.6 LB. For general use there is no need to recalibrate. To more accurately calibrate your BBQ TankMeter app, test a full tank with a known amount of propane or weigh the amount of propane in your tank and adjust the calibration to the weight. For more information on calibration, visit nitzassociates.com
TankMeter uses Acoustic Signature Analysis Technology from Nitz Associates, Inc. For more information about tank measurement products from Nitz Associates, please visit our website at www.nitzassociates.com If you have comments, questions or suggestions for improvement, please contact Nitz Associates by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For SP(Smart Socket), RM(e-Remote), A1(e-Air), and other DNA Products
Remote control your home appliances by your smartphone from anywhere!
** If you can't access your devices remotely, please make sure that you have your region set correctly in "Settings > Set region" (The app needs to be restarted to take effect) and make sure you have updated the firmware to the latest version.**
The application requires a network connection to the MAX! Cube and is therefore meant for usage at home.
To be able to also control your heating while you are away a VPN tunnel is required.
* 1-click change between Auto, Comfort, Eco and Off mode for all rooms
* Shows actual and target temperature (even without wall mounted thermostat)
* Management of week programs
* Saves and restores heating profiles
* Shows local weather information
* Shows the current engagement of the heating valves
* Temperature slider for adjusting the room temperature
* Switch between auto, manual and boost mode for individual rooms
* Shows indications for low battery, open window and radio connectivity problems
This application is unofficial and not connected to the manufacturer of the MAX! system in any way.
To be able to use this application you need a MAX! Cube that is reachable by network.
Attention: While the MAX! configuration software is running the Cube accepts no additional network connections. Please close other MAX! application before using this software.
- total remote control of devices, sensors and loads with a plug-and-play and cloud approach
- automatic solar forecast (for supply of the off-grid system)
- optimization and maximization of power autonomy
- check of the health of devices, automatic conduct of emergencies.
GEC allows for:
- The full remote control of the off-grid system through our online portal MyGec
- The intuitive user interface and the simplicity of use from far away
- The possibility to install sensors and devices immediately and automatically remotely controllable
- The analysis of weather data of the following days, in order to estimate the energetic forecast, to define the behaviour of the system, and to avoid the shutdown of prioritary loads.
- The detection of any error, failure and deterioration of the devices
- The sending of instant alerts (email, SMS) for important events of the system and for events that the user can customize (e.g. the thresholds for sensors, the alarms autonomy, etc…)
GEC is ready for the immediate use, without need of complex configuration. GEC can be used even if the off-grid system is already in operation.
(1) Lock screen notifications (on Android Lollipop) and a lock screen widget (on Jelly Bean and KitKat) for quick access without unlocking your phone or tablet.
(2) Periodic alarms remind you to check the food (rather than a one-shot alarm that assumes the food will be done). It’s a count-up stopwatch with timer alarms.
Of course it can time more things than cooking.
Requires few permissions.
No network access. No ads. No data gathering.
Simple and focused.
To add a lock screen widget
• Requires Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1 through Android 4.4 KitKat.
• On Android 4.4 KitKat, turn on Settings → Security → Enable Widgets.
• Wake the screen.
• Wipe from the left edge of the screen to the right until you see the “+” screen.
• Tap “+”.
• Unlock the phone.
• Tap the BBQ Timer widget.
• (Optional) To move the BBQ Timer widget to the main (rightmost) lock screen position, swipe down over it to select it, then long-press it and drag it to the right, past the other widgets.
• On Android Lollipop, just start BBQ Timer. While running or paused, the timer is accessible on the lock screen and the notification drawer.
• On Jelly Bean and KitKat, place the BBQ Timer widget on your lock screen for quick access.
• The widget also works on the home screen.
• To resize the home screen widget, long-press on it then drag its resize handles. Stretched wider, it can show longer durations.
• To remove the widget, long-press it then drag it onto “X Remove”.
• Tap the stopwatch time display to cycle between stopped → running → paused → stopped.
• On the app’s main screen, tap the checkbox to turn on periodic reminder alarms.
• On the app’s main screen, set the interval between periodic reminder alarms by dragging the number widget, or tap the number then type in a new number, or tap and hold on the number above or below the current setting.
More instructions on lock screen widgets: https://github.com/1fish2/BBQTimer/blob/master/README.md#how-to-use-android-lock-screen-widgets
[Note: The app can't install in external storage (SD card) because Android deletes external storage app widgets every time you use USB to share files with a computer.]
Source code: https://github.com/1fish2/BBQTimer
With SocialTrickle you create events such as "Johns Wedding", "Jerrys BBQ Party", or "Ladies Night Out" - invite only the people you want with unique passcode. As people take pictures throughout the event you can choose to upload photos directly from the camera or from your photo gallery. The photos are then automatically synced to all of the registered event attendees mobile devices.
SocialTrickle allow you to simultaneously post your pictures to the app and Facebook and Twitter