This App contains the whole Art of War text in English for easy reading. The text is based on the English translation by Lionel Giles first published in 1910.
No copyright infringement intended, for any kind of query/complain please contact the developer via email.
The Art of War is listed on the Marine Corps Professional Reading Program (formerly known as the Commandant's Reading List). It is recommended reading for all United States Military Intelligence personnel and is required reading for all CIA officers.
Audio re-mastered by JVB Audiobooks
All of JVB Enterprises' applications are tested on multiple brands of tablets and smartphones before being released to the public. Unlike other developers, we test on the physical devices AND emulators. Which is why you can expect quality from us.
The definitive classic on military strategy and tactics, presented in an awesome appbook format.
The Art of War (attributed to Sun Tzu, of late-6th century BC) is one of the oldest and most prestigious books on military strategy in the world, influencing business tactics, military thinking & beyond. As a treatise on the anatomy of organizations in conflict, it applies to competition & conflict in general, from the interpersonal to the international and remains relevant even today.
Presented in an awesome, fluid UI with loads of themes and customization options, the app ensures the perfect reading experience on your mobile device. You can quickly save/load relevant text using the convenient favorite tags. The app also allows you to easily copy/share quotes from this masterful classic.
~ Fluid & highly customizable interface.
~ Easily share or copy quotes.
~ Save/reload favorite quotes.
~ Multiple well-designed visual themes.
~ Fullscreen mode supported.
~ Navigate via chapters or paragraphs.
~ Small size.
~ Ad-free experience!!!
EBook reader is one of the best reading tools. It can help you to easily manage, and open all the ebooks on your phone. We also integrate multiple free ebook download sites, allowing you to easily get the desired eBooks.
Supports ebook formats: epub (non-DRM), fb2, doc, txt, rtf, html, chm, tcr, pdb, prc, mobi (non-DRM), pml.
* Pages or scroll view. Page flipping animation.
* Table of contents, bookmarks, text search.
* Bookmarks on text fragments (comments or corrections) - useful for proof reading.
* Export of bookmarks to text file.
* Built-in file browser, quick recent books access.
* Online catalogs (OPDS) support.
* LitRes online book store support.
* Text to Speech (TTS) support.
* Hyphenation dictionaries;
* Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes.
* Additional fonts support (place .ttf to /sdcard/fonts/)
* Support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages; autodetection of TXT file encoding (GBK, Shift_JIS, BIG5, EUC_KR).
* Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels).
* Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen.
* Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color.
* Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation.
* Dictionary support (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary).
* Customizable tap zone and key actions.
* Autoscroll (automatic page flipping) - start using menu/goto/autoscroll or assign action Autoscroll on key or tap zone; Change speed using volume keys or bottom-right and bottom-left tap zones; stop - tap any other tap zone or key.
* Can read books from zip archives.
* Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
* Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS.
* Select text using double tap (optional).
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds.
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
We believe that this eBook reader is what you're looking for.
Need to learn more features, please download the trial.
This app is based on Cool Reader code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Cool Reader: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
The Art of War is an ancient Chinese military treatise attributed to Sun Tzu, a high-ranking military general, strategist and tactician. The text is composed of 13 chapters, each of which is devoted to one aspect of warfare. It is commonly known to be the definitive work on military strategy and tactics of its time. It has been the most famous and influential of China's Seven Military Classics, and "for the last two thousand years it remained the most important military treatise in Asia, where even the common people knew it by name." It has had an influence on Eastern and Western military thinking, business tactics, legal strategy and beyond.
The book was first translated into the French language in 1772 by French Jesuit Jean Joseph Marie Amiot and a partial translation into English was attempted by British officer Everard Ferguson Calthrop in 1905. The first annotated English language translation was completed and published by Lionel Giles in 1910. Leaders as diverse as Mao Zedong, General Vo Nguyen Giap, General Douglas MacArthur and leaders of Imperial Japan have drawn inspiration from the work.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
Download the Kobo app and browse from over 4 million free and best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics and children's books.
See our top Free eBooks: http://store.kobobooks.com/Collection/free-ebooks
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We’ll sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. You can track how long it takes to read a book, earn fun and surprising awards, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews to friends.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US, Canada, UK, Italy and France.
**For users upgrading and are not able to open their books, please uninstall and reinstall the app. Sorry for this inconvenience as we are working with Google to solve this problem that is affecting the Kobo app and other apps.
• Search popular genres and unique topics to find any story you can imagine
• Follow stories as they are written, get updates for new chapters
• Connect with writers and other readers. Leave comments on stories and discuss the newest plot twists!
• Save to your library and share what you’re reading with your friends
• Write your own stories. Share your writing with the supportive Wattpad community
• Download stories and books to the app so you can read offline
• Personalized recommendations of stories to read
• Stay connected to your stories with a newsfeed of updates and comments from friends
• Sync all your stories and ebooks between your phone, tablet, and computer
• Android Wear support
Millions of stories to choose from:
• Choose from popular romance, fanfic, non-fiction, mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, short stories
• Popular cast celebrities: Lucy Hale, Harry Styles, Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Luke Hemmings
• Works by well-known authors: Margaret Atwood, Paulo Coelho, RL Stine, Dan Brown, Anna Todd
• Trending fan fiction: Anime, Supernatural, Twilight, One Direction, SNSD, Harry Potter, 1d
• The classics: Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, and much more
• Find stories from new reading lists and book clubs
Discover the next 50 Shades of Grey!
★The leading eBook application for the Android platform
★25+ million users from over 200 countries
Differences between the Aldiko Book Reader Premium and the Aldiko Book Reader Free are: the Aldiko Book Reader Premium has highlights (for EPUB files), notes (for EPUB files), book cover editing and home widget features, gets faster update and does not contain advertisements.
Features of the Aldiko Book Reader Free:
✔ Support EPUB, PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks.
✔ Support eBooks from public libraries.
✔ Fully-customizable reading experience: adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference. The Aldiko Book Reader also supports night-time reading.
✔ User-friendly interface: the Aldiko Book Reader supports both Android phones and tablets. You can create your own bookmarks anywhere in the book, rapidly jump to a different section of the book through the table of content.
✔ Advanced library management system: import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go; organize your eBooks by tags and collections. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bring you back to where you left off.
✔ In-app shopping experience: browse huge catalogs of eBooks, including best-sellers, new releases and classics (lots of them are FREE)
✔ Other cool features not to miss: global-text search in a book, dictionary, add your own favorite catalogs (OPDS support) and many more
Aldiko Book Reader works on Android phones and tablets with Android version 2.3 or above.
William Walker Atkinson was an influential member of the New Thought movement. He was one of the first people to write about the Law of Attraction.
Long before Rhonda Byrne discovered the secret that one's positive thoughts are powerful magnets that attract wealth, health, and happiness, Atkinson already knew it.
In this New Thought classic, Atkinson looks at the law of attraction in the thought world. He points out the similarities between the law of gravitation and the mental law of attraction. He explains that thought vibrations are as real as those manifesting as light, heat, magnetism and electricity. The difference is in the vibratory rate which also explains the fact that thought vibrations cannot usually be perceived by our 5 senses.
He argues that there are huge gaps in the spectrum of light and sound vibrations, wide enough to include other worlds. It is logical that these activities would be perceived by sense organs attuned to them. Increasingly sophisticated scientific instruments are able to register more and more of these hidden frequencies.
There is constant interaction between negative and positive thought vibrations - it is the task of the individual to raise the keynote of their mind to a positive pitch by an act of will. Atkinson discusses the purpose of affirmations as twofold: firstly, to establish new mental attitudes, secondly to raise the mental keynote. He also mentions that there must be a balance between giving out expressions and taking in impressions in a receptive state.
The many faculties of the mind are identified and discussed, and the author asserts that the current of will-power flows strongly along spiritual wires but the individual must train in order to optimally tap into this energy source. The "I" is the master of the mind and the "will" is the instrument of the "I." Affirmations for internalising this insight are provided here.
Atkinson also shows how to overcome negative emotions like fear, worry, envy, anger and hate. He firmly believes in the operation of universal law in all circumstances and advises the reader to tune in to the harmony of the law. I found the chapters Asserting The Life Force and Training The Habit Mind particularly helpful and inspiring.
Although this book was written years ago, the text still sounds fresh and contemporary. The explanations of mental laws and processes are clear and concise and the exercises are simple and effective.
Looking for ebooks? Check out the other classic books we published on Google Play.
From today, completely free for your Android smartphone or tablet.
Read one of the most fantastic stories of all time comfortably with your smartphone or yourAndroid tablet.
The main features of the application:
Flip-Page. Flip the book as if it were a paper book.
Auto-bookmarks. Close the book and reopen when you're at the point where you left it.Completely automatically and without thought.
Percentage of reading. Control where in the chapter you get to easily.
Clock. Always willing to always check the time in a simple way without ever having to leave the application.
Mode Night & Day. Switch easily from day mode to night mode for less straining the eyes.
High-level configuration. You can configure the application by changing the background color or the font. Also, if you have vision problems can adjust the font size to your liking.
Auto-resizing. The application automatically adapts to your smartphone or tablet Android to always have a perfect view.
All this in a simple and hassle free.
From now read your favorite books was never so simple.
keyword: ebook, ebook english, free
Scribd gives you unlimited access to more than half a million e-books and 30,000 audiobooks, including New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, and reader favorites across every genre, as well as the personalized tools to help you find the ones you’ll love, all for $8.99 a month. Available in nearly every country and 80 languages on mobile, tablet & web. Even better, your first month is on us, so you can try us out risk-free.
Ready to start reading? Try a month of Scribd for free - sign up in the app.
~ Features ~
• Unlimited access to more than half-a-million e-books.
• Unlimited access to more than 30,000 audiobooks.
• Personalized recommendations & thoughtful editors' picks recreate the feel of browsing a neighborhood bookstore.
• Build your library and organize your books just the way you like them.
• Sync between all your devices
• Millions of user-contributed documents, all easily searchable.
~ Praise for Scribd ~
"Movie lovers have Netflix, music lovers have Spotify -- and book lovers (whether they read literary fiction or best-selling potboilers) now have Scribd."
"[Scribd] is a place where you can browse and skim and read whatever strikes your fancy..."
"For less than the price of buying one new book a month (e- or otherwise), you can wander through more than 50,000 books."
Want to see what we’re up to?
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/Scribd
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/scribd
Got questions? Check out our FAQs. http://www.scribd.com/faq
Unlike other "free" apps that charge you $10 per book, we give you 23,469 classic books with no hidden costs and no download limits.
Browse our handpicked collections, quickly download an unlimited number of classics, and read anywhere with our well-designed ereader. Catch up on all the classics you've been meaning to read - any time and anywhere - with Free Books.
More than 7,000,000 people have used our apps over 100,000,000 times - don't miss out!
- Books. Free Books! From Shakespeare to Mark Twain, Jane Austen to Arthur Conan Doyle - all the classics you love in one easy to use app.
- Handpicked Collections. Easily find authors like F. Scott Fitzgerald to Oscar Wilde in our many author collections. Browse through our Romance, History, Epics, Ghost Stories or Young Readers collections - among dozens more - to find a treasure of classic books. Our collections make finding great books a cinch!
- Audiobooks Bonus. Want to listen on the go? As a one time in-app purchase you can get access to 4,727 audiobooks with unlimited downloads. Listen to all your favorite classic ebooks with our easy to use audiobook player, which includes a convenient background listening feature. All books read by the great volunteers at Librivox.
- Original Covers. We've created hundreds of original book covers to make perusing the Free Books collection even more enjoyable.
- Our collection includes the best-loved books of all time. Some of our finest novels include Great Expectations, Pride and Prejudice, Les Misérables, Frankenstein, Alice in Wonderland, Dracula, Ulysses, Treasure Island and The Picture of Dorian Gray. On the shorter side are Arthur Conan Doyle's complete Sherlock Holmes series, Grimm's Fairy Tales and Heart of Darkness. If you're looking for drama, there's Shakespeare's Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet, or Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. Ancient and religious texts include the Bible and the Art of War, The Kama Sutra and Beowulf. Or for history buffs, the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin or the Life of Frederick Douglass.
Join the 7 Million users who have used Free Books!
Ancient/modern war stories are provided along each stratagem. Network permission is for displaying ads.
You can play the game against AI or another human. It's easy and fun to start with, however, you have to think like a Grandmaster to beat the AI on hard level. The game also has a color theme for players with color vision deficiency.