NACC’s Coastal Plant Pocket Guide is an easy to use identification app for common plants found along Western Australia’s coast from Kalbarri to Guilderton (although most species covered have a much broader distribution). It is intended as a convenient resource for both community groups and coastal managers seeking to revegetate and control weeds in coastal dunes. The app features;
• A Table of Contents (TOC) with large pictures for quick reference;
• Five simple TOC categories;
o Growth habit;
o Aboriginal usage;
o Location; and
o Flower colour.
• Colour photographs of whole plants and close-ups of key features;
• Species descriptions and distributions;
• Detailed information on propagation methods for native species and control methods for weed species;
• Comprehensive information on Aboriginal uses of coastal plants;
• Information on dune formation and care;
• Glossary and Reference sections.
Download this free app to help you look after your coastal dunes in the Northern Agricultural Region of Western Australia.