VAG DPF free is the free version of the application VAG DPF that show you the most important data related to the DPF particulate filter and its regeneration phases using an ELM327 Bluetooth/WIFI adapter. With this free app you can statically view 3 parameters related to the particulate filter status. This app doesn't use standard OBD2 commands as almost all other apps, it uses directly CAN commands specific of car model and this is the reason why it doesn't work with every car; due to the use of CAN commands, the app needs al least a decent ELM327 adapter (see note below); some users reports correct app working with a 10-15 euro adapter.
VAG DPF forum: https://www.applagapp.com/forum/
ATTENTION!! This app works only with VW group cars (Audi Volkswagen Seat Skoda) that are equipped with engines listed below; for diesel engines not listed is not guaranteed the full compatibility, so if you anyway buy the app, consider that some or all functions couldn't work correctly.
DETA (2.0 TDI 190CV)
CRBC (2.0TDI 150CV)
CFHD (2.0TDI 143CV)
CUNA (2.0TDI 184CV)
CFFB (2.0TDI 140CV)
CFWA (1.2TDI 75CV)
CLHA (1.6TDI 105CV)
CXXB (1.6TDI 110CV)
CAYC (1.6TDI 105CV)(partially on Passat 3C MY10)
CAHA (2.0TDI 170CV)(beta, requires verification)
CXHA (2.0 TDI 150CV)
Tested by users:
CFGB(*), CFGC, CJCA, CRMB, CUPA, CUSA, CXFA, CAYB, CAYD, CRLB, CUTA, CFHC, CAGA(*), CSHA, CJCD, DFSB, CLAB, DFLA, DCXA, CFCA, CGLC, CFJB, CFHA, CRUA, DDYA, DFFA, CRKB, DCYA, DFCA, CUUB, CGLB, CUAA, CUSB, CAPA(*), DFGA, DFSF, DFHA, CNHA, DGTE(*), CCWA, DGDA, DLUB, CJCB, DGTD, CDUD, CSUD
(*) = partial support
IMPORTANT some of the engines above may be incompatible, it depends on the engine software version.
Others engines of the same family may be compatible, but they are not yet tested. The list is constantly updated.
Core functions of the application:
- Display of 3 parameters related to the DPF filter: soot mass accumulation in the filter, regeneration duration, km traveled since last regeneration
- Manual update of the parameters
List of queued functions for the next update:
- Increase of the engine compatibility list
Some words about ELM327 adapters:
- OBDLink LX: recommended, expensive but fast and reliable (I used it for development of this app)
- Carista: recommended, affordable price but very reliable (I use it for debug and daily scans)
- China cloned adapter: not recommended, unreliable, you can randomly find decent adapters or fake adapters, you will have unpredictable results