PRoA is a Personalized Route Assistant that finds your preferred walking or cycling route.
You can use PRoA to obtain the shorter, the greenest or the less stepped path for your desired walk. It also can find your path when you are looking for a route with several of those criteria at the same time (e.g. a route that reduces distance and reduces slopes).
All you have to do is to specify start and end points and indicate how much you would like to reduce the path's distance, how much you would like to pass throw green zones and how much you would like to reduce up or down slopes. Then, PRoA will offer you up to three alternatives according to your preferences.
PRoA is based on OpenStreetMap street map and can be used all over the world without restrictions.
Other main functionalities and characteristics are:
- PRoA is useful for handicapped, seniors or in general user with special needs
- PRoA offers up to three route alternatives
- You can save a path to be later viewed and compared
- Each route is depicted together with its elevation profile
- PRoA stores the used maps so it is possible to later obtain new routes offline
- The criteria are: reduce distance, reduce slopes, increase green or pedestrian zones
- You can also limit the percentage of slopes allowed on the path
- You can indicate PRoA if the path can not contain stairs
PRoA is developed by Marina Torres Anaya at MODO (Models of Decision and Optimization) research group of the University of Granada.