• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
CNN connects you to the world -- wherever you are.
The redesigned CNN App for Android has been rebuilt and redesigned for use on both your phone and tablet.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Share stories and videos and comment on top stories.
•Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
•Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
•Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows live (as available, check with your cable, satellite or telecommunications provider).
•Contribute a story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their points of view.
•Access your local weather information, including current and extended forecasts.
•Browse photo galleries related to today’s news.
•Sync your Samsung Galaxy Gear to your CNN app and receive breaking news and top stories on your wearable device (available on select Android phones).
The CNN App may ask your permission to access certain functions on your device such as location, network connection, camera and social media accounts. Doing so can enhance some features of your app such as weather forecasts, iReport submissions and ability to share stories with your social networks. The CNN App may also ask your permission for “phone calls” to allow you to call CNN regarding story ideas or general feedback. CNN respects your privacy and would never misuse your personal information.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at Android@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.
Live Video Streaming
- Watch Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live wherever you are*
- View streaming coverage of live events and exclusive programming
- Browse the latest headlines while watching Fox News live coverage and clips on demand.
- Adjust the player size to your preference - go full screen by flipping your device into landscape or shrink it down to read news stories while you watch!.
Breaking News & Alerts
- Subscribe to Fox News Alerts to follow breaking news as it happens
- Keep an eye on the Breaking News Hub to stay up to date on a story as it unfolds
Enhanced News Format
- Articles now offer related content - view videos, slideshows, and lists for the news that matters to you
- View the latest videos from the #1 cable news shows and anchors on Fox News Channel
- Connect with your favorite shows and news personalities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more directly from the app
With the Fox News Android TV App you can:
- Watch the latest videos from the #1 name in news, Fox News Channel
- View streaming coverage of live events and exclusive programming
- Catch up on your favorite show clips
- Watch the clips most shared by Fox News viewers
*Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live are only available through authorized cable, satellite, and telco subscription packages.
We may work with mobile advertising companies and other similar entities that help deliver advertisements tailored to your interests. For more information about such advertising practices, and to opt-out in mobile apps, see www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also download the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Please contact us for any news source you think we should add.
- List/grid views
- Swipe to read next article
- Add widget for news source
- Offline reading
- Star and share news
- Control update interval
- Download using wifi only
- Notifications for new updates
The completely redesigned NBC News app can be used on both your phone and tablet. Here are a few highlights:
• Faster and more visual than ever before
• Stories download automatically so you can keep reading when you’re offline
• Even more videos, slideshows and articles now available
• Unique split screen plays video while you read stories
Our live, continuous coverage gives you all the news you want, and now it’s easier than ever to share the stories that matter most to you.
* Personalize the home screen by adding and removing the modules
* Swipe to read next article
* Automatic background refresh
* Share the articles
* Home screen widgets
* Landscape support for all devices
* Offline reading
** and more..
Please send us your feedback!
* A new top navigation for swiping quickly across popular sections
* Customize which sections will be in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance including speed and stability
* Redesigned daily notification featuring the Morning Briefing
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
* Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking News Alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Twilight Mode: darken your screen for more comfortable reading in low light
* Collapsible top navigation: see more of your screen as you scroll through the sections
* Save NYT articles across platforms to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
* Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
Download the NYTimes app for Android FREE today and subscribe to receive your first 14-days at no cost*. All users can access up to 10 free news articles per month, from any section: national news, world news, business, the arts, technology, style, sports, food, travel, opinion and more.
The New York Times app also includes our International edition, The International New York Times, with breaking news, world news, current events and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the globe.
For unlimited access to the NYTimes app for Android, subscribe now and get your first 14-days at no cost via Google Play*. Subscriptions are $14.99/month (Smartphone + Web), $19.99/month (Tablet + Web) and $34.99/month (All Digital Access which includes tablet and smartphone apps). All subscriptions auto-renew.
The NYT app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4” phones to 12”+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (4.1+), including Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, HTC One and beyond.
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Here's a little bit about what each one does:
* In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
* Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
* WiFi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available WiFi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted WiFi networks or if WiFi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
* Device ID & call information: These settings turn phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include access to the print newspaper. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and local pricing is available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
- Find breaking US and world news and the latest updates on entertainment, politics, health, technology, science, and business news.
- Personalized alerts – Be the first to know. When you see a story that interests you, tap the star icon and we’ll send real-time updates right to your phone.
- ABC News Inbox – All your saved stories, alerts and follow-ups appear in one place for easy catch up. Swipe to share a headline, or effortlessly stop following a story.
- Daily Rewind – Lean back, catch up and unwind in the evening with the day’s best video.
- Best Reads – Today’s most fascinating news from across the app, all in one place.
- Watch & Read – Now you can read stories while video is playing – video no longer takes over the entire screen. Build a playlist on the fly to create a personalized watchlist.
- Radio – Whether you're out for an early-morning jog or driving home, ABC News Radio provides a great hands-free catchup – updated every hour.
- Your Favorites First – With customizable navigation, you set the order of Sections and Shows in the side navigation. When you swipe, your selections will come first.
Read stories and watch video clips from your favorite ABC News shows including Good Morning America, World News, Nightline, This Week and 20/20.
Get breaking news, first, across South Africa and the world from News24, and catch up on the latest updates from Sport24, Fin24 and Channel24. Browse features from Wheels24, Women24, Food24, Parent24, Health24 and Traveller24 and keep up to date with the weather in your location from Weather24.
Subscribe to breaking news alerts straight from the News24 news room and share and comment on articles that matter to you. Watch video clips from the News24 Live Studio and browse our partner sites for the latest deals and offers.
Please send any comments and feedback via the app's feedback feature or mail email@example.com
This is a unique application which had the primary aim to suit the New Yorkers’ lifestyle, for those who are forever on the go and always on the run.
World News bringing you thousands of the latest news in a blink of an eye with the super quick automated refresh. The focus of World News app was to supply the demand of the free thinkers; an app whereby it’s user friendly, smooth and even works offline. Delve deeper with images, live interactive videos and blogs exclusive for you.
Spice up the big breaking world news stories with added depth and animation. Topics that are laid out to suit your interest and arranged in categories including world news, sports, entertainment, business and technology. That is not all, in World News weather forecast is also given, any country, any time with a seven day forecast fully animated.
- Super fast and smooth second live direct feeds
- Easily categorised topics
- Adjusted refresh (time given intervals)
- Adjusted Wi-Fi sync
- News clip embedded in stories
- Weather updates (7 days included)
- Translation into over 60+ languages
- Personalization of the app (Edit your experience with cool themes, text sizes and notification tones)
- Share news to friends and family with over 10+ Social Media avenues
- No account & no subscription needed
*All news are credited and subjected to original RSS feeds*
Brought to you by AKN & Co.
• Coverage from 65,000 publications
• Simple swipe-access to categories such as Top Stories, Technology, Sports & Weather
• Tune your layout with any of 60 country-specific editions, homescreen widgets and personalized news sections such as 'Hollywood', 'NASA', 'Fashion', or anything else that catches your fancy
• Tap any story for a deep selection of viewpoints, including in-depth articles, Opinion, and local perspectives
The 24-hour news and current affairs channel is the first international English-language news channel to broadcast across the globe from the Middle East.
Al Jazeera's global footprint continues to grow and now broadcasts to more than 220 million households on six continents in more than 100 countries.
- Share stories on Facebook, Twitter, and email
- Add and remove social accounts and update weather location through settings
- Upload photos and videos directly to Al Jazeera through the new Your Media section
- Listen to live audio broadcast
- View weather forecasts by location
- Easily delete articles from the My News section
- Save stories to My News for easy access
- View comments that have been added to stories by website viewers
Features of this app:
- All the latest news, features, spotlight, opinion and blogs from Al Jazeera English
- Programmes videos and information for the latest shows
- News video clips
- 24 hour free access to the live broadcast
- Breaking news alerts
- In Pictures gallery
- Send your media to Al Jazeera
- Search articles
- Preload articles
Note: This app features content from Al Jazeera English.
- Top articles covering national and international news topics like politics, education, culture, business, and more - straight from the Al Jazeera America newsroom
- Beautiful photo-rich navigation
- Breaking news alerts to keep you in the know
- Audio Commuter feature powered by Umano lets you listen to the day's news read aloud by real people
- Playlist Mode lets you enjoy a continuous listening experience, hands-free
- Related articles at the end of each story provide more depth
- Channel Finder and Schedule tools help you find Al Jazeera America on TV
- Twitter, Facebook and Email integration allows you to easily share articles with your friends
Headlines - Browse the latest headlines in our News, Sports, Life, Money, Tech, Travel and Opinion sections. Stories are updated 24/7 and can be shared via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook or any sharing app you download on your device.
Scores - Check out the latest sports scores for the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, college football and college basketball.
Weather - Get current conditions, forecasts, and radar maps, and save them for up to ten locations.
Photos - Enjoy beautiful photo galleries, including the Day in Pictures, Day in Sports, and Day in Celebrities—you can flip through the day's best photos or play them back as a slideshow and share your favorites with friends. We’ve also added the Editorial Cartoon gallery to the Opinion section.
Snapshots - Check out our signature Snapshots in News, Money, Sports, and Life, and vote to see Quick Question results in each one.
Offline Reading - Save and read USA TODAY content offline, even when you don't have a connection.
*NEW for Android 2.3+ Users: Customized Alerts - Get Breaking News alerts and alerts from USA TODAY sections including News, Sports, Life, Money, or Tech. Choose up to six categories and know more about everything as it happens.
*NEW for Android 2.3+ Users: Quiet Time - Set times when an alert won’t initiate a light, sound, or vibration on your device.
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and easily flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories you enjoy or express a point of view. Use the + button on anything you find to collect it into your own magazine. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on the phone (or Cover Stories on tablets) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On tablets, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Use the Flipboard widget for quick access on your Android device.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard and Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+Flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
The Yahoo App for Android brings you the latest headline news, stories, and original content!
- All your news in one place with 12 categories, from Business, to Finance, to Sports and so much more
- Save time by honing in on your favorite topics with a personalized news feed
- Always stay up to date with breaking news notifications
- Go beyond just the headlines with local news and weather so you’re always in the know
- Show your friends how much you know by sharing stories, videos, and photos
- Article summaries let you browse before reading the full article
- Beautiful visual cards that display images and videos help you see the story
- Sign in to manage and save your news preferences
- Select the stories you want to see more or less of at bottom of each article
- Swipe left or right to navigate between stories in full screen view
- Tap the Yahoo logo to instantly see all the news categories
- Save stories to read later. Access them in Main Menu > My Saves
What people are saying
“The app's personalization strategy, which combines editorial curation with machine learning, are drawing users back…” - Casey Newton, The Verge
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback
Let us know your thoughts here: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/202867