Palliative Care is a fully-featured flash card app that includes:
+ Main Deck
+ Faves Deck
+ Ignore Feature
+ Shuffle Ability
+ Choice of Primary Side
+ Search Feature
+ Beautiful, Easy-to-Use Interface
Individual cards can be added to or removed from a built-in "Faves Deck" at any time. Use the "Faves Deck" to study only the cards that really give you trouble.
Cards can also be "ignored." If you've mastered a card, just add it to the "Ignore List."
Both the "Main Deck" and the "Faves Deck" can be shuffled at any point.
You can also select which side of the card (front or back) you want as the primary side.
There's also a search feature and a complete index!
The "Flip" button really flips the card (just like a real flash card!) and the arrows can be used to navigate to cards within a deck.
Perfect for doctors, paramedics, nurses, medical students or anyone interested in medicine!
Download Palliative Care today because your education can't wait!
Keywords: hospice, pain, relief, ease, comfort, nurse, nursing, doctor, home, retirement
700 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
• A concise, practical guide to all aspects of palliative care
• Revised and updated to include the latest guidelines and management options available
• Now with additional advice on the nursing aspects of palliative care
• Includes up-to-date drug formularies for palliative care medication, syringe drivers and paediatric drugs
New to this edition
• All sections have been thoroughly revised and updated
• Features new sections on international palliative care, self-care and palliative care in acute situations
• Now with additional material on the use of antibiotics, research in palliative care and quality of life issues.
The Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care covers all aspects of palliative care in a concise and succinct format suited to busy professionals who need to access key information in their daily care of patients.
This new edition is revised throughout, with an additional emphasis on the nursing aspects of Palliative Care. The authors have included new sections on international palliative care, self care and liaison palliative care in acute hospitals. There is also extended material on the use of antibiotics, palliative care research and quality of life issues.
The second edition of the Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care continues to be an invaluable resource for all health professionals working with adults, children and families with palliative care needs.
Readership: Trainees in palliative medicine, specialist nurses, general practitioners and all health care professionals looking after patients with palliative care needs.
Audience:Oxford Handbook of Palliative Careis intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors:Max Watson, Caroline Lucas, Andrew Hoy, and Jo Wells
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Conversion of opioids with bolus calculation (for breakthrough pain), calculation of infusions (calculation of dosage , duration rate , duration, bolus doses and with dropclicker) and conversion of corticosteroids in one tool . Portable for daily work (not only) in the palliative and oncological care for physician and nursing.
1 opioid converter
- Conversion of up to 2 opioids to another opioid with variable reduction and bolus dose
- Output of the whole conversion with tips and possible dose bolus (also of other common opioids)
- Bolus calculation on the basis of an opioid (including boluses are displayed with other common opioids)
2 infusion calculation
- Enter the (aqueous) solution for infusion on total amount , amount of active ingredient or active ingredient concentration
- Enter the pass rate on amount of drug infusion amount, drip rate (also with a dropclicker) or runtime
- Input of active agent bolus or infusion bolus
- Output of the entire regime including duration at 1 to 6 boluses
3 conversion of corticosteroids
- Conversion on the basis of glucocorticoid potency with effective length specification
Only access to network configuration is required (due to the software) .
When you first start the app loads a bit lazy.
Possible opioids :
alfentanil iv buprenorphine enterally , buprenorphine parenterally , buprenorphine transdermal, codeine , dihydrocodeine enterally , dihydrocodeine parenterally , fentanyl enterally , fentanyl parenterally, fentanyl transdermally , hydromorphone enterally , hydromorphone parenterally, hydromorphone epidural , hydromorphone spinal, methadone , meptazinol , morphine enterally , morphine sc , iv morphine , morphine epidural , spinal morphine , nalbuphine , oxycodone enteral, oxycodone parenterally, pethidine , piritramide , iv remifentanil , sufentanil iv , tapentadol , tilidin , tramadol
Possible corticosteroids :
betamethasone, cloprednol , cortisone (acetate) , deflazacort , dexamethasone, fludrocortisone , fluocortolone , hydrocortisone ( cortisol) , methylprednisolone , prednisone , prednisolone , triamcinolone
Created with :
jQuery mobile, PhoneGap , jQuery Keypad by Keith Wood, FT fastclick.
Quick reference for FAQs, types of services, admission guidelines by conditions, suggestions for discussing hospice with patients and families.
Also includes: local hospice locator, links to patient education videos, and option to store personal notes.
Appropriate for clinicians early in their careers as well as more seasoned clinicians.
- Sie haben sofortigen Zugriff auf Adressen mit Umgebungskarte, Telefonnummern und E-Mail-Adressen von: Hospiz- und Palliativmedizinern, stationärer Palliativversorgung, ambulanten Diensten, stationären Hospizen, Hospizvereinen und Akademien.
- Informieren Sie sich über Termine und aktuelle Veranstaltungen.
- Finden Sie schnell Ihr Ziel auf der Umgebungskarte mit individuell einstellbarer Kategoriefunktion.
- Lesen Sie Neuigkeiten zur Palliativmedizin und Hospizversorgung durch die direkte Synchronisation mit dem Palliativ-Portal.
- In der Rubrik "Stellenmarkt" können Sie freie Stellen für Palliativärzte, Palliativpflegekräfte und hospizlich tätige Personenkreise finden.
- Praktische Verlinkung mit Facebook und dem Palliativ-Portal.
Patients who suffer from chronic diseases or who are in the advanced stages of the disease, such as cancer, needs attention of an integrated and comprehensive sync with the direct treatment of the primary disease. They include treating the symptoms as symptoms of sensory and physical and psychological or organic, and at the same time help the patient and his family to carry the disease and its complications, treatment and provide them with assistance in all sincerity, professionalism and compassion and mercy
And in this session Palliative care will be introduced.
Contact Us at:
- Sie haben sofortigen Zugriff auf die Sondernewsletter.
- Zudem können sie über das interne Archiv auf die web-Newsletter zugreifen.
Download the VITAS Hospice Eligibility Reference Guide app to your Android phone and have the clinically appropriate criteria at your fingertips for:
* General criteria
* Alzheimer’s & Neurological Disease
* Heart Disease
* HIV Disease/AIDS
* Liver Disease
* Lung Disease
* Renal Disease
* BMI Calculator
Created by VITAS Innovative Hospice Care®, the country’s leading hospice provider, this app also allows you to make referrals, talk to an admissions coordinator or get more information from a live hospice clinician 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, without ever leaving your Android phone.
As you move through the screens you will see information tallied. A score of 50 usually indicates a potential need for hospice. The Palliative Performance Scale increases as indicators reflecting the need for hospice is selected. 50% on this scale also indicates hospice should be considered.