Gay Hikers ("GH") is an Interest-based Social Network App for LGBTQ Hikers, their Families and their Friends to Connect, Share, Learn & Hike.
Hiking is one of the top sports and preferred forms of outdoor exercise in the LGBTQ community.
The app was put together by volunteers from the NYC Gay Men's Hiking Group and Montreal-Laurentides Gay Hiking Group ("Gikers").
Regardless of your level of hiking expertise, and whether you want to join one of the hundreds of free LGBTQ hiking clubs worldwide listed here or create your own local hiking group - We hope the tools, resources and information included in this app can be of some help in your hiking quest.
Apps features helps users answer:
- Who to hike with? - Access information on free LGBTQ hiking groups worldwide & online forums specifically for Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or LGBTQ Hiking Families to set up your own local hike or learn about other hiking opportunities. App Calendar lists upcoming hikes & key LGBTQ Community dates.
- Where to hike? - Access and information to trails in USA, Canada & international.
- Where can I find Accessible Trails? - Accessible Hiking Trail Information and resources for LGBTQ Community Members with Disabilities.
- Who is hiking? - Proximity-based features & live chat to locate hikers in your group or other Gay Hikers App users near.
- Where Not to Hike - Trail alerts/warnings posted by and for other app users
- How to get to the hike - Tools to enable you to set up your own hike's carpool or join others.
- What to wear in a hike (no heels please) and for what Weather? Insects? Blisters? Dehydration?
- Mind Hiking? - Nature Trail Sounds.
- Hiking Videos & Blogs - If you cannot be hiking, then mind hike and use these trail videos and blogs to get you thinking about future hikes.
- Group Photos - Share & review your trail photos with other Gay Hikers groups and app users.
- Hiking News - Get the latest hiking news by several of the top Hiking Twitter feeds.
Enjoy & Go Hiking!