It is an invaluable encyclopedia of "how-to" for all health professionals providing or interpreting ultrasounds.
It encompasses everything you need to know about the anatomy and normal ultrasound appearances of the urinary bladder, kidneys and prostate.
Includes trans-abdominal and transrectal techniques.
Each section contains:
• Detailed scanning techniques.
• Images of probe placement.
• A huge array of normal ultrasound images.
• Colour overlays describing the anatomy seen.
Links are also available to useful websites for pathology and embryology.
It has been created by professionals for professionals.
This application should not be used a replacement for formal ultrasound training. Departmental policies and local laws should always be followed.
An invaluable encyclopedia of ultrasound "how-to" for health professionals.
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE ENTIRE RANGE OF APPS BY ULTRASOUNDPAEDIA:
• Obstetric ultrasound
• Gynaecological ultrasound
• Urological ultrasound
• Pediatric Ultrasound
• Small parts ultrasound
• MSK upper Limb ultrasound
• MSK lower limb ultrasound
• Upper abdominal ultrasound
• Vascular ultrasound
Topics include common pathologies considered part of Primary Care, such as mild urologic emergencies, benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary tract infections, incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and male infertility. For Urologists, it is especially useful as a quick guide for managing emergencies (e.g. priapism, sepsis, Fournier’s gangrene), uncommon diseases (e.g. urogenital TBC, postsurgical chylous ascites, recurrent nocturnal erections), perioperative care (e.g. antithrombotic and antibiotic prophylaxis, electrolytic and metabolic alterations), urological oncology, etc. Other useful sections are those on normal lab values, drugs used in Urology, or the illustrated atlas of dermatological conditions of male genitals, including malignant and premalignant lesions and venereal diseases. The application also includes a chapter index and an index of abbreviations to make it easy to find the information in 2 or 3 screen touches.
Other functions are:
- Urology links: in-app browser access to several websites (e.g. calendars of urologic events, journals, validated questionnaires, prostate, bladder and kidney nomograms, free testosterone calculator and more).
- Room for notes: available in each section to add your own information.
- Voice notes: to record a conference or save your own voice notes.
- Suggestion pages: send your comments, corrections, or suggestions to improve the application. Send your favourite web links. We will include them in later updates.
The Team from Practical Urology.
This comprehensive set of flashcards will be constantly updated with up-to-date information in the field of Urology.
Some of the topics covered:
- Basic Urology
About the authors:
1) Dr Ranjith Ramasamy is a resident in Urology at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College. He completed his undergraduate education at Rutgers University and went to UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He has an interest in male infertility and has published several manuscripts. He has a passion for teaching, cricket and was a former television news anchor.
2) Dr. George JS Kalligal is a staff Urologist at Martin Army Community Hospital. He completed a BS and MPH at the University of Michigan, and attended medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. He completed Urology residency at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu and awaits the start of his Urologic Oncology Fellowship in 2012. He enjoys surfing and golf, when weather permits.
Advanced Urology is a fully-featured flash card app that includes:
+ Main Deck
+ Faves Deck
+ Ignore Feature
+ Shuffle Ability
+ Choice of Primary Side
+ Search Feature
+ Beautiful, Easy-to-Use Interface
Individual cards can be added to or removed from a built-in "Faves Deck" at any time. Use the "Faves Deck" to study only the cards that really give you trouble.
Cards can also be "ignored." If you've mastered a card, just add it to the "Ignore List."
Both the "Main Deck" and the "Faves Deck" can be shuffled at any point.
You can also select which side of the card (front or back) you want as the primary side.
There's also a search feature and a complete index!
The "Flip" button really flips the card (just like a real flash card!) and the arrows can be used to navigate to cards within a deck.
Perfect for urologists, doctors, paramedics, nurses, medical students or anyone interested in medicine!
Download Advanced Urology today because your education can't wait!
Keywords: urologist, ureter, urea, urine, urinary, urinalysis, prostate, gall, bladder, urethra, kidney
1000 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
Urology Board Review
Urology Board Review Course
Urology Board Review Questions
Urology Board Review Certification
Board Review Urology
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Urology, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, is a comprehensive reference source for the definition of terms related to the urinary system, and the genitourinary diseases and disorders. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 95 related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
A high quality images bank, accompanied by explanatory tests, which can be sent by e-mail.
With this powerful tool in your pocket, you will be able to guide patients through Urology.
Some of the features of this app:
- Over 30 images related to Urology
- Text explanations
- Search engine
The Oxford Handbook of Urology, Second edition, covers a wide spectrum of diseases and their treatment in the field of urology and surgical aspects of kidney, bladder, prostate and scrotal disorders. It aims to give a brief overview of many different urological subjects including urology emergencies, cancers, infections, children's disorders and kidney stone disease. It is designed so that it can be quickly and efficiently accessed by a range of people involved in patient care, including medical students, nurses, surgical and urology doctors and general practitioners.
• A compact yet comprehensive guide to the field of urology
• Allows a quick resume of the correct approach to diagnosis and management, using bullet pointed information, charts, diagrams, and management pathways
• Features guidelines based on recommendations from internationally recognised organisations incorporating the latest evidence based research
• An excellent revision tool for clinical medical students and surgical trainee's finals
• Every chapter has been revised and updated to reflect the rapidly developing field of urology
• The latest evidence-based guidelines based on recommendations from leading international organisations
Approximately 20% of all surgical operations and a similar percentage of surgical emergencies are urological in nature. However, often doctors have very limited experience of the many common and varied conditions encountered in this important surgical specialty. For the doctor or nurse expected to provide the initial assessment and management of a condition with which he or she has had very limited experience, this book provides an invaluable source of information and advice. This applies not only to SHOs and specialist registrars on urology and surgical rotations, but also to General Practitioners, Accident and Emergency staff and the growing number of urological specialist nurses.
Readership: Aimed primarily at junior doctors and trainees in urology and surgery, the book will also appeal to trainees in accident and emergency medicine; medical students on surgical rotations; consultant urologists; urology nurse practitioners; urology ward and theatre nurses; accident and emergency nurses, and general practitioners.
Authors: John Reynard, Simon Brewster and Suzanne Biers
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
We hope to continue to update and improve this application and would greatly value any comments or suggestions.
Please read the full introduction after downloading.
The authors/publishers receive no money from sales of this application; all revenue goes directly to The Urology Foundation, a registered UK charity (no. 1128683).
The Authors are Jordan Durrant & Frank Lee.
Contributing Author on the Trauma Chapter is Mark Salmon.
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
Proving that sometimes less text can deliver more information, this super-concise guide covers more than one thousand of the most commonly used medications. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Clinician's Pocket Drug Reference zeros-in on must-know information such as selection and administration, mechanisms of action, dosage, cautions, contraindications, and side effects.
"A big plus is the herbal section, which lists the medicines patients are most likely to try on their own, presented in the same layout as the rest of the book....For its size, this book is a valuable re¬source. It takes up very little pocket room, and it is an efficient way to recall details about familiar drugs."--Yale Journal of Biology & Medicine
Leonard G. Gomella, MD, is Chair of Urology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical College in Philadelphia, PA.
Steven Haist, MD, and Aimee G. Adams, PharmD, are affiliated with the University of Kentucky School of Medicine.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
La oferta de Apps hoy en día es amplísima, y el aumento de actividad en los stores ha sido exponencial. En el año 2012 los usuarios descargaron tantas aplicaciones como en todos los años anteriores, y el número de Apps disponibles también ha crecido exponencialmente. Quiere decir esto que resulta imposible recoger todas las aplicaciones urológicas, de hecho seguro echáis en falta algunas que podéis considerar importantes. El autor os invita a remitir aquellas Apps que creáis interesante incluir en la recopilación propuesta. Se valorará su inclusión en futuras versiones.
Para Atención Primaria, Médicos de Urgencias, Nefrólogos, Ginecólogos y Medicina Interna resultará especialmente útil el manejo diagnóstico y terapéutico de las urgencias urológicas (cólico nefrítico, hematuria, priapismo, escroto agudo, etc), la hiperplasia benigna de próstata, las infecciones urinarias (cistitis, prostatitis, balanitis, orquiepididimitis, enfermedades de transmisión sexual, pielonefritis, etc), la Incontinencia Urinaria (de esfuerzo y de urgencia), pautas en andrología básica (infertilidad masculina, disfunción eréctil, eyaculación precoz, etc), el atlas de imágenes de lesiones urológicas cutáneas o el Urovademcum, por poner algunos ejemplos.
Para Urólogos, destacamos el acceso rápido a las pautas de actuación en urgencias (priapismo, sepsis, gangrena de Fournier, etc), litiasis, tratamientos de patologías poco habituales (TBC urogenital, dermatosis peneanas, erecciones nocturnas recurrentes, ascitis quilosa postquirúrgica, etc), manejo del paciente urológico ingresado (preparación intestinal, profilaxis tromboembólica y antibiótica, alteraciones hidro-electrolíticas y metabólicas, anticoagulación y antiagregación, etc), enfoque práctico y conciso de la patología oncológica, aspectos legales en Urología, consulta de cifras normales de laboratorio, etc.
Dadas las posibles variaciones en las indicaciones de los fármacos, información de las dosis, toxicidad recientemente descrita, interacciones medicamentosas y otros asuntos de importancia, se recomienda al lector comprobar dichas informaciones. Pese a todos los esfuerzos realizados en la consecución de un texto sin errores, los autores declinan cualquier responsabilidad ante la inexactitud de cualquiera de los datos publicados.
El libro está distribuido en secciones a las que se accede desde un Indice en la página principal de la aplicación. Cada sección contiene un listado de capítulos, que se pueden abrir individualmente. Al final del índice de secciones, existe un índice de palabras clave, un índice de capítulos y un índice de las abreviaturas utilizadas en el texto. Otras funcionalidades de la aplicación son:
- Páginas web de interés en Urología: vínculos a calendarios de eventos, revistas urológicas, nomogramas prostáticos, vesicales y renales, calculadora de testosterona libre, cuestionarios validados, consentimientos informados, portales urológicos, y mucho más.
- Sitio para anotaciones: en cada sección hay una página de notas para que añadas toda la información que desees.
- Notas de voz: graba una conferencia o toma tus propias notas de voz.
- Dibujos para pacientes: usa nuestras plantillas para crear dibujos con los que dar explicaciones a tus pacientes.
- Sugerencias: envía tus comentarios, correcciones o sugerencias para mejorar la aplicación. Envía tus vínculos favoritos a páginas web o tus plantillas para crear dibujos. Los incluiremos en próximas actualizaciones con la referencia de la persona o grupo que ha aportado la idea.
El equipo de Urología Práctica.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of terminologies related to Urology with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand terms used in Urology.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, FaceBook and twitter
- Change the font size for better reading experience
- View history- Random display of terms