This comprehensive set of flashcards will be constantly updated with up-to-date information in the field of Urology.
Some of the topics covered:
- Basic Urology
About the authors:
1) Dr Ranjith Ramasamy is a resident in Urology at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College. He completed his undergraduate education at Rutgers University and went to UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He has an interest in male infertility and has published several manuscripts. He has a passion for teaching, cricket and was a former television news anchor.
2) Dr. George JS Kalligal is a staff Urologist at Martin Army Community Hospital. He completed a BS and MPH at the University of Michigan, and attended medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. He completed Urology residency at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu and awaits the start of his Urologic Oncology Fellowship in 2012. He enjoys surfing and golf, when weather permits.
To keep up with the rapidly evolving world of medicine, technology and surgical techniques, European Urology is constantly updating and innovating its features and layout in order to provide the best clinical guidance, research and education for urologists across Europe and the world.
Elsevier is the publisher of European Urology, the official journal of the European Association of Urology.
European Urology publishes peer-reviewed original articles and topical reviews on a wide range of urological problems. Topics such as oncology, impotence, infertility, pediatrics, lithiasis and endourology, as well as recent advances in techniques, instrumentation, surgery and pediatric urology provide readers with a complete guide to international developments in urology.
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Urology, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, is a comprehensive reference source for the definition of terms related to the urinary system, and the genitourinary diseases and disorders. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 95 related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
Please note: Several translations of the EAU clinical guidelines documents are available. These translations and republications have been carried out by, and under the supervision of, national urological associations. Information on such translations and republication is available.
Topics include common pathologies considered part of Primary Care, such as mild urologic emergencies, benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary tract infections, incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and male infertility. For Urologists, it is especially useful as a quick guide for managing emergencies (e.g. priapism, sepsis, Fournier’s gangrene), uncommon diseases (e.g. urogenital TBC, postsurgical chylous ascites, recurrent nocturnal erections), perioperative care (e.g. antithrombotic and antibiotic prophylaxis, electrolytic and metabolic alterations), urological oncology, etc. Other useful sections are those on normal lab values, drugs used in Urology, or the illustrated atlas of dermatological conditions of male genitals, including malignant and premalignant lesions and venereal diseases. The application also includes a chapter index and an index of abbreviations to make it easy to find the information in 2 or 3 screen touches.
Other functions are:
- Urology links: in-app browser access to several websites (e.g. calendars of urologic events, journals, validated questionnaires, prostate, bladder and kidney nomograms, free testosterone calculator and more).
- Room for notes: available in each section to add your own information.
- Voice notes: to record a conference or save your own voice notes.
- Suggestion pages: send your comments, corrections, or suggestions to improve the application. Send your favourite web links. We will include them in later updates.
The Team from Practical Urology.
Здесь Вы найдете самые последние новости из области урологии, а также общей медицины, актуальные статьи, список самых значительных мероприятий в урологии.
Cystic lesions : after description of the lesion, a schematic is displayed by the app, as well as the Bosniak classification and management options according to the clinical context.
Solid lesions : after description of the lesion, management options are provided according to the clinical context.
A pubmed link to the original paper (Radiology 2008) is available in-app.
It is designed to promote the Bosniak classification system within the radiologic and urologic communities, to provide efficiency gains to radiologists reading abdominal imaging, and to improve the accuracy of reports.
It can be useful to radiologists, urologists and medical students.
For any suggestion : contact : email@example.com
As required by the Italian Ministery of Health, this app is available esclusively to doctors who can download this app by using the access code provided for the registration onto the web site www.percorsi-in-uro-oncologia.it
A 24-hour (bladder) diary – Every time you go to the bathroom, you will record the time and amount of your urination and answer questions
3 questionnaires that when combined with the diary can help your doctor diagnose your problems: The “Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Questionnaire,” the “American Urological Association Symptoms Score,” and the “Patient Global Impression of Improvement.”
Detailed summaries of your questionnaires and diaries for you and your doctor
• Further explanation of urological issues and the applications of this diary
• Specialized diaries to diagnose other urological symptoms
The Oxford Handbook of Urology, Second edition, covers a wide spectrum of diseases and their treatment in the field of urology and surgical aspects of kidney, bladder, prostate and scrotal disorders. It aims to give a brief overview of many different urological subjects including urology emergencies, cancers, infections, children's disorders and kidney stone disease. It is designed so that it can be quickly and efficiently accessed by a range of people involved in patient care, including medical students, nurses, surgical and urology doctors and general practitioners.
• A compact yet comprehensive guide to the field of urology
• Allows a quick resume of the correct approach to diagnosis and management, using bullet pointed information, charts, diagrams, and management pathways
• Features guidelines based on recommendations from internationally recognised organisations incorporating the latest evidence based research
• An excellent revision tool for clinical medical students and surgical trainee's finals
• Every chapter has been revised and updated to reflect the rapidly developing field of urology
• The latest evidence-based guidelines based on recommendations from leading international organisations
Approximately 20% of all surgical operations and a similar percentage of surgical emergencies are urological in nature. However, often doctors have very limited experience of the many common and varied conditions encountered in this important surgical specialty. For the doctor or nurse expected to provide the initial assessment and management of a condition with which he or she has had very limited experience, this book provides an invaluable source of information and advice. This applies not only to SHOs and specialist registrars on urology and surgical rotations, but also to General Practitioners, Accident and Emergency staff and the growing number of urological specialist nurses.
Readership: Aimed primarily at junior doctors and trainees in urology and surgery, the book will also appeal to trainees in accident and emergency medicine; medical students on surgical rotations; consultant urologists; urology nurse practitioners; urology ward and theatre nurses; accident and emergency nurses, and general practitioners.
Authors: John Reynard, Simon Brewster and Suzanne Biers
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
It is an invaluable encyclopedia of "how-to" for all health professionals providing or interpreting ultrasounds.
It encompasses everything you need to know about the anatomy and normal ultrasound appearances of the urinary bladder, kidneys and prostate.
Includes trans-abdominal and transrectal techniques.
Each section contains:
• Detailed scanning techniques.
• Images of probe placement.
• A huge array of normal ultrasound images.
• Colour overlays describing the anatomy seen.
Links are also available to useful websites for pathology and embryology.
It has been created by professionals for professionals.
This application should not be used a replacement for formal ultrasound training. Departmental policies and local laws should always be followed.
An invaluable encyclopedia of ultrasound "how-to" for health professionals.
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE ENTIRE RANGE OF APPS BY ULTRASOUNDPAEDIA:
• Obstetric ultrasound
• Gynaecological ultrasound
• Urological ultrasound
• Pediatric Ultrasound
• Small parts ultrasound
• MSK upper Limb ultrasound
• MSK lower limb ultrasound
• Upper abdominal ultrasound
• Vascular ultrasound
Advanced Urology is a fully-featured flash card app that includes:
+ Main Deck
+ Faves Deck
+ Ignore Feature
+ Shuffle Ability
+ Choice of Primary Side
+ Search Feature
+ Beautiful, Easy-to-Use Interface
Individual cards can be added to or removed from a built-in "Faves Deck" at any time. Use the "Faves Deck" to study only the cards that really give you trouble.
Cards can also be "ignored." If you've mastered a card, just add it to the "Ignore List."
Both the "Main Deck" and the "Faves Deck" can be shuffled at any point.
You can also select which side of the card (front or back) you want as the primary side.
There's also a search feature and a complete index!
The "Flip" button really flips the card (just like a real flash card!) and the arrows can be used to navigate to cards within a deck.
Perfect for urologists, doctors, paramedics, nurses, medical students or anyone interested in medicine!
Download Advanced Urology today because your education can't wait!
Keywords: urologist, ureter, urea, urine, urinary, urinalysis, prostate, gall, bladder, urethra, kidney
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of terminologies related to Urology with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand terms used in Urology.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, FaceBook and twitter
- Change the font size for better reading experience
- View history- Random display of terms