The app, Learn Astronomy, contains a Digital Textbook with content such as:
- Text Lessons with simple, clear non-technical language
- Videos (curated from YouTube - Relevant, Informative and with a touch of humour).
- Illustrations and Clarifications
There are also many analogies drawn from everyday life to help non-science majors appreciate, on their own terms, what our modern exploration of the universe is revealing.
Astronomy piques the interest and imagination of public around the world and is a hugely popular course material.
Learn Astronomy contains chapters on:
• Introductory Topics like Nature of Astronomy, Laws of Nature, The Beginning and Scale of the Universe, Evolution Of Life, Formation of Galaxies, Characteristics and Orbits of Stars, Planets & Moons
• Advanced Concepts like Gravity, Radiation, Spectra, Space-time, Blackholes & Quasars, Interstellar Travel, Astronomical Instruments and models
... and more.
The contents are structured in such a way as to cover all the topics that are required for beginners as well as for more advanced students and thereby provide a solid foundation in Astronomy to help them pursue higher courses.
It is useful for Middle School & High School Students from Grade / Class 11 and 12 as well as College Students who have the electives Astronomy 101 and 102.
Also useful for Amateur Astronomers / Students Studying Astrophysics.
The specialty of this app is that this also contains videos, curated from YouTube, very relevant to the subject.
Since the complete syllabus is covered with lessons and videos, students can use this app as a reference tool for getting clarity in concepts and also for last minute revision before exams.
Can also be used as independent study tool by self-learners.
Attribution: OpenStax College, Astronomy. OpenStax CNX | http://cnx.org/contents/LnN76Opl@13.2. | Available under CC BY SA 4.0 license.
The course is based from the published works of OpenStax and is used in major universities across the world. You can use the app for the main subject, or for independent study.
(NOTE TO TEACHERS: If you are a teacher, this app will be a boon for you as this will help you pick up new tricks and new insights on how to explain the topics better from fellow educators across the globe.)
Why You Will Love This App:
• Learn from our Free Astronomy Course. Best introduction to space science
• This app contains the textbook that has been made available for students online in public domain. You get quality textbooks free of cost which you can read anytime, anywhere.
• You can get your doubts cleared, concepts reinforced and knowledge retained in a far effective manner, because not only you get to read a quality textbook, but you also you get to watch many videos, each with distinct style of teaching.
• You get to understand complex topics easily, reading lessons and then listening to expert tutors.
• You missed your classes due to some reason? You can now keep pace with your school/college teacher by reading lessons and watching the videos regularly.
• The app covers wide variety of topics. Enough material for homeschooling. And to help you score high in exams.
This Is Like Having A Tutor In Your Pocket !
*****The app requires WiFi/3G/Internet connection and is supported by ads. Lessons are available offline though some formulas/notations may require net connection.
***** Very ideal for devices with large screens.
********Please Be Patient When The App Loads For First Time. The App Will Load Fast On Subsequent Uses.
This app is a GREAT BLESSING for students who cannot afford costly textbooks or private tutors. So, please don't give negative remarks/low rating and prevent the reach of this app. If you have a critical point to make, please don't post them here, but please mail us !