ZCard is a Zimbra contacts sync client for Android. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default People / Contacts app.
ZCard does not rely on CardDav or Excange ActiveSync protocols unlike other contact sync apps, and uses native Zimbra API's instead. This allows ZCard to support additional features like tags and multiple address books, and to work equally well with both Network and Community editions of Zimbra server without compromising on features.
✔ Two-way contacts sync - Server to device and device to server
✔ Multiple address book support - Each address book appears under the People / Contacts app under a group of the same name
✔ Tag support - Tagged contacts appear in the People / Contacts app under groups of the same name
✔ GAL sync: Automatically sync the server's Global Address List with your device. Easily look up contact information for any account on the server from any app on the device.
✔ Supports address books shared from another account
✔ Supports multi-level address books (Address book within an address book)
✔ Supports syncing to multiple accounts / servers
✔ Support for self-signed certificates
✔ Filtering - Filter contacts to display in the People / Contacts app by Address book or tag
✔ Configurable - Choose sync frequency, and other options under sync settings
✔ Supports all Zimbra address book fields, including nicknames, multiple phones, email addresses, IM addresses, physical addresses, company/job title, URLs, birthday, anniversaries and notes. Competing contact sync apps that rely on the CardDAV or Exchange ActiveSync protocols only support a subset of these fields.
✔ Supports two-way sync of high-res contact photos / avatars
✔ Encrypts stored passwords
* Setting up ZCard on your device - http://goo.gl/4sjo7J
* Importing existing phone contacts into Zimbra - http://goo.gl/9s99A3
* Filter / choose contacts to display in the People app - http://goo.gl/y2c4u1
* Initial GAL sync might take a while, please be patient
* For Android 2.2 (Froyo) and 2.3 (Gingerbread) devices, all fields will be viewable but may not be editable in the default contacts app. You will have to use an app like Contacts Editor Free (http://goo.gl/udAkBV) to edit them.
* Android 4.1 (JellyBean) / Samsung Galaxy S4 users will have to install the workaround app if accounts disappear on reboot: http://goo.gl/PKev1Y
* HTC One users please check this link first: http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Sense_issue
* Installing on SD Card is not supported, as Android does not support sync adapters installed on SD card and will remove accounts on reboot.
* users: Please note that some S5 devices come with a broken contacts app that crashes when opening a contact synced by this app. Please report any crashes to Samsung. As a workaround, you can install an AOSP version of the contacts app, available here: http://goo.gl/n3MiqQ
* Android 4.4 (KitKat) users will also have to install the workaround app if accounts disappear on reboot: http://goo.gl/PKev1Y
* Please report bugs at our support email address below. Feedback is always welcome.