Solution Overview - edSeed
edSeed is an education crowd-funding social network developed by the VIP.fund, a US-based 501c3 nonprofit. edSeed allows students to run fundraising campaigns for university tuition and university related expenses. Funds are directed to the educational institution supporting them (university, scholarship foundation) to ensure donors students get fully funded. AdSeed is a SOLVER in the MIT SOLVE community.
How it works..
1. Accredited educational institutions sign up (universities, scholarship foundations and other) to join edSeed.
2. Students within their networks receive training on crowdfunding for education.
3. Students sign up to the app, and are immediately verified as worthy of funding by the educational institution.
4. Students campaign and share their stories among their social networks.
5. Advocates join to endorse students and grow their reach through their social networks.
6. Donors fund student campaigns.
7. Educational institutions receive donations on behalf of the vetted students.
Granting organizations cover admin costs to ensure 100% of crowd donations go to students and create grant matching opportunities to incentivize donors.