Air Quality Index Near Me
Air Quality Index Near Me uses your GPS location to determine the levels of air pollution at the closest available air quality measuring station. You can also check the air quality index of other locations and cities worldwide with this easy to use pollution meter app.
Air Quality Index Near Me uses the US Air Quality Index to provide information on air quality and air pollution via pollution metrics like ground-level ozone, particulate matter, pm10, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitric oxide, and nitrogen dioxide.
This air quality index app also provides info on weather conditions such as temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, and wind vector (wind speed, wind direction) making it a great all in one air pollution app and weather app.
High levels of these pollutants equate to a higher number on the Air Quality Index and can be detrimental to health. High air pollution is important to monitor as it can trigger irritations and can be severely harmful to the, elderly, sick, or those with pre-existing heart or breathing conditions.
- Automatically fetch and display local Air Quality and Air Pollution data as a pollution meter from the nearest reporting station using your phone's GPS location.
- Data used for air quality index includes ground-level ozone, particulate matter, pm10, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitric oxide, and nitrogen dioxide.
- Easy to understand pollution meter.
- Search Air Pollution and Air Quality data for any location by City name.
- Contains Air Pollution / Air Quality data for over 60 countries.
- Display up to date Air Quality Index (AQI) data for the selected location.
- Displays basic weather metrics for a selected location such as: temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, and wind vector (wind speed, wind direction).
- Maintains a list of recently searched locations for easy look up and Air Quality reference.
The air quality index is based on the five 'criteria' pollutants regulated under the Clean Air Act:
- ground-level ozone
- particulate matter
- carbon monoxide
- sulphur dioxide
- nitrogen dioxide
This air quality index app is great for anyone concerned about air quality, air pollution, and weather conditions in heavily polluted regions like those around Beijing and eastern China, as well as northern and eastern India like New Delhi and areas in Pakistan like Karachi and Khoramabad in Iran.
If you have any questions or concerns about Air Quality Near Me, please contact us at the listed developer email.