The A.P.S. Ear Trainer is a unique app that approaches ear-training from a completely neglected angle -properly tuning an instrument or note by training your ear to hear pitch variances better! And, it DELIVERS almost IMMEDIATE results!
What if you could have the confidence to tune your notes, instruments, and ensembles (voice or instrumental) and be accurate to within a 16th of a semi-tone with complete confidence? The answer is -everything you are doing musically would improve -including the confidence level of your own tuning abilities.
A.P.S. Ear Trainer was developed by veteran ensemble directors experienced in ensemble and individual tuning methods. This app features an incredible amount of options all designed to do one thing: make you unbelievably precise with regard to accurately comparing two different sounds or notes.
The objective of this app is to make you as proficient as possible and hopefully, to become accurate to within 12 Cents ( a measurement of pitch space) of a note. 12 Cents is less than 1/8 of a semi-tone apart! A.P.S. Ear Trainer accomplishes this goal by presenting a myriad of pitch examples and includes the ability to review them after the correct answer is known. It also presents the user with an unprecedented amount of "real-world" options that typically will cause confusion (undermine) with regard to a user being able to determine whether or not a pitch is "In Tune":
1. Three complete octave range choices (and the ability to combine them)
2. The ability to make detection "harder" or "easier" by changing the pitch variance (1 to 50 Cents and pitch variance ranges!)
3. The ability to change the Timbre of the Reference Pitch
4. The ability to change the Timbre of the Determinant Pitch
5. The ability to control how long a pitch is presented
6. The ability to change the time (in seconds) between the two comparison pitches
7. The ability to email and REVIEW results! Perfect for music and education classes
8. Includes a manual mode to hear pitch differences
9. The ability to present pitches in one ear, the other, both, or randomly
A.P.S. Ear Trainer also keeps a score of your success and shows the current pitch variance settings
INCLUDED in the in-app manual is a FREE curriculum that all but guarantees mastery of precise pitch discrimination. It does this while only requiring 20 minutes, per day, of practice!
There isn't a musician out there that WILL NOT benefit from the ability to more accurately tune themselves and others AND the A.P.S. Ear Trainer is now here to make sure that benefit happens as quick as possible!